• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bentonville Boys is Officially Open

Started by Brian G, April 07, 2017, 02:25:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

https://twitter.com/NWAHenry/status/850428073162027009

It's been kinda known for awhile but is now official. I don't think it'll be long before you hear about the replacement.  :)

Razorback Red

Not only losing Coach McMahan, but also Coach Cole.  Both great guys and a fantastic opportunity in front of them. 

Bigtimebasketballfan

Brian G

hotsauce216

Former ECS coach Micah Marsh is in NWA now. Someone needs to take a look at him. He did a great job there at Episcopal.

Brian G

I think the short list is pretty short.

hotsauce216

Any word on when they'll announce a hire?

ZoneBuster

springdalesmitty

Kickapoo head coach is who I am hearing.

InfamousTruth

Quote from: springdalesmitty on April 13, 2017, 10:19:01 am
Kickapoo head coach is who I am hearing.

I've heard that also. He turned down B'ville West last year, not sure what the difference would be for him to accept this job.

Cajun Hog

Quote from: InfamousTruth on April 14, 2017, 08:35:29 am
I've heard that also. He turned down B'ville West last year, not sure what the difference would be for him to accept this job.

Last year he had a couple of D1 players that graduate this year.

Potbelly

Heard Bentonville may be interviewing some finalists today...anybody know who those candidates are?  I've heard Rippee (Kickapoo coach) & Ross (Ark. Baptist) may be two of them.  Are these the only two they are interviewing?  Surely they will make a hire soon!

hotsauce216

I'm hearing a total of 4 interviews today.

FisherOfMen11

So out of the two we know kickapoo and ark baptist which coach would be the best hire?

Potbelly

Just spoke with someone close to the situation and was told one of the coaches interviewing already has commitments from Micah Marsh and another current 7A head coach to join his staff as assistants.  That sounds like it could be a really solid staff.  No idea how his interview went, but that had to earn some extra points.

FisherOfMen11

I wasnt aware brian ross actually worked at Bentonville as an assistant for a year before going to Baptist Prep. I would imagine tough to leave vanovear and mcbride though almost guaranteed another ring there next year.

Rocket23

Ross and McMahan were friends.  I flew back on the plane once with Coach Ross after he andMcMahan had spent three or four days at the Chicago Bulls camp taking in practices.  Ross is a very good coach.  Be hard to leave McBride and Vanover though.  McBride has the opportunity to be a big-time player.

Brian G

Appears we have a winner.  Should be out Wednesday and there is no shocker to those paying attention.

FisherOfMen11

Congrats to the new head whoever it is. Great school with great possibilities

hotsauce216

Brian G

pridgehog

I heard this last week but I don't know much about the guy. Good Luck to him!

Brian G

Nothing was 100% until today.  They had interviews yesterday with 4 candidates.

brock

It seems lately that a lot of the nwa schools are going with out of state coaches? I understand that particular area of the state pays more than most places, but is their any other reasoning behind the influx of out of state coaches being chosen over in state guys? I know Arkansas doesn't lack for high quality coaches.  ???

ZoneBuster

Great coach and an even better person. He really values relationships and will be a fantastic hire for bentonville.

Brian G

Agreed.  I know him and he's just outstanding.

hotsauce216

His daughter is a freshman on Razorback Volleyball team.

Trojanball24

Sounds like a good hire Ross needs to prove himself in a public school as a head coach there is a huge difference between private and public

FisherOfMen11

April 20, 2017, 10:49:53 am #28 Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 10:09:38 am by FisherOfMen11
Quote from: Trojanball24 on April 20, 2017, 10:45:38 am
Sounds like a good hire Ross needs to prove himself in a public school as a head coach there is a huge difference between private and public

I agree. You have to prove you can develop the players your dealt and be able to adapt to your personal instead of recruiting in your missing pieces. Do not take anything away from Ross though. He has been great everywhere he has been and is a great coach! Guess he will just have to settle for another 4A ring next year  ::)

bobcats

Quote from: FisherOfMen11 on April 20, 2017, 10:49:53 am
I agree. You have to prove you can develop the players your dealt and be able to adapt to your personal instead of recruiting in your missing pieces. Do not take anything away from Ross though. He has been great everywhere he has been and is a great coach! Guess he will just have to settle for another 3A ring next year  ::)

You mean 4A, right.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas