• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4a Playoff Predictions

Started by soccerman, April 04, 2017, 12:18:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

soccerman

April 04, 2017, 12:18:27 pm Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 11:37:19 am by soccerman
We are about half way through the season. What are your predictions for who makes the playoffs from each conference and who will win it in 4a?

chandler

In the 4A-1, I'm gonna predict Dardanelle, Green Forest, Danville, and Berryville for the boys. Of course, I'd love to see Prairie Grove qualify again.

Ladyfan

In 4A-2, I see the representatives as CAC, Robinson, Cossatot River, Nashville for the boys.

JFSM

In 4A-3 i see St Joseph , Jacksonville Lighthouse, Heber Springs and brookland

soccerman

The Region 2 girls will be CAC, Robinson, Baptist, and Malvern. In that order

ARSOCCER2017

Quote from: soccerman on April 07, 2017, 12:23:19 pm
The Region 2 girls will be CAC, Robinson, Baptist, and Malvern. In that order

I would put Cossatot in that over Malvern other than that I would agree.

The Coach

Should be the same for boys and girls

razorback

4A-4 possible playoff teams

Girls

Warren, Monticello, Episcopal, and ESTEM/Stuttgart.  Positions may move around a bit but the winner of Warren Monticello will have the inside track to the number 1 seed, loser will probably have the 2 depending on the Warren/Episcopal game.  Lots of soccer left!

Boys

Warren, Hamburg, and Episcopal all undefeated going into the final couple weeks of the season.  Big game this Tuesday night (18th) when Hamburg travels to Warren with both teams with conference championship hopes on the line.  Monticello currently sitting as the 4th seed, see if they can hold off the rest of the conference for that position.

JFSM

4A-3 offical seeding
1. St Joseph
2. Heber Springs
3. Jacksonville Lighthouse
4. crowleys Ridge

The Coach

Quote from: JFSM on April 30, 2017, 12:50:33 pm
4A-3 offical seeding
1. St Joseph
2. Heber Springs
3. Jacksonville Lighthouse
4. crowleys Ridge

Boys? Girls? Both?

JFSM

SportsDad

Warren plays at Episcopal tonight and hosts Hamburg on Thursday. Episcopal lost to Hamburg last week, so more than likely they will be the #3 seed and Monticello the #4 seed. Winner of Warren/Hamburg will get the #1 seed...(Boys)

The Coach

So the 4A bracket should be set for both boys and girls. I know the 1-4A on the boys side is 1. Dardanelle 2. Green Forest 3. Berryville 4. Prairie Grove

Girls it's 1. Berryville 2. Dardanelle 3. Shiloh 4. Gentry

Soccerguy123

It appears as if Dardanelle will win the tournament again.  Do they have any weaknesses or are they invincible?

Ladyfan

Quote from: Soccerguy123 on May 07, 2017, 03:53:48 pm
It appears as if Dardanelle will win the tournament again.  Do they have any weaknesses or are they invincible?

Why Dardanelle? What about their other #1 seed counterparts?

Maximus

Green Forest went to Dardanelle and took them to PKs, so invincible is a strong word. They are a good team, but I wouldn't call them a lock either.

The Coach

May 07, 2017, 09:17:13 pm #18 Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 09:25:21 pm by The Coach
Quote from: Maximus on May 07, 2017, 04:24:12 pm
Green Forest went to Dardanelle and took them to PKs, so invincible is a strong word. They are a good team, but I wouldn't call them a lock either.

Dardanelle also played prolly their worst game of the season, along with still trying to figure where everyone fit and yet still found a way to win. GF bunkered in on a smaller field. Dardanelle is not invincible by any means but, they played the toughest schedule in 4A to prep for this tourney and are a much different team then the one GF played in March.

Soccerguy123

Ok I'll say hamburg is the next favorite to win it behind dardanelle, followed closely by warren

SportsDad

Dardy is the favorite, but they will have competition from Hamburg in the semi-finals (assuming both make it) and then will probably have to face the Warren/CAC winner (2nd round game... again assuming both make it) in the finals.

Going to be a fun tournament!

chandler

Don't sleep on Green Forest.

SportsDad

Quote from: chandler on May 09, 2017, 02:14:05 pm
Don't sleep on Green Forest.
True... from what I have seen and from folks that I have talked with... the teams with a legitimate shot at the title are:
Dardy
Hamburg
CAC
Warren
Green Forrest
Berryville

Ladyfan

Quote from: SportsDad on May 09, 2017, 03:51:40 pm
True... from what I have seen and from folks that I have talked with... the teams with a legitimate shot at the title are:
Dardy
Hamburg
CAC
Warren
Green Forrest
Berryville

Warren/Berryville is a 1st round match-up. Who gets the W?

SportsDad

Quote from: Ladyfan on May 09, 2017, 03:53:34 pm
Warren/Berryville is a 1st round match-up. Who gets the W?
I have not seen Berryville in person... but from talking with folks that have seen both teams play, they give a slight edge to Warren. I think it will be a close hard fought game either way and CAC will benefit from both teams having to play 80 minutes the previous day.

Green Forrest probably wins their first two games to face the winner of CAC/Warren/Berryville in the semis...

Ladyfan

Quote from: SportsDad on May 09, 2017, 03:57:27 pm
I have not seen Berryville in person... but from talking with folks that have seen both teams play, they give a slight edge to Warren. I think it will be a close hard fought game either way and CAC will benefit from both teams having to play 80 minutes the previous day.

Green Forrest probably wins their first two games to face the winner of CAC/Warren/Berryville in the semis...

Agree. And I'll go as far to say the CAC/Warren/Berryville winner goes to final. I also have Mena knocking out St. Joseph. Mena could go on to challenge Green Forest but I haven't seen GF play.

Soccerguy123

Why do you say no one from 4a-3 has a chance? Have any of you seen them play?

Ladyfan

Quote from: Soccerguy123 on May 09, 2017, 07:47:58 pm
Why do you say no one from 4a-3 has a chance? Have any of you seen them play?

I've seen 1 4a-3 team play and have close connections with others. I'm predicting the only team from 4A-3 making it out of round 1 is Heber. JLC will struggle against the physicality of Cossatot. Don't know anything about SJ, but Mena is a heck of a team. They held on tight to both Nashville and CAC during district tournament play.

The Coach

I think the way in which GF plays will hurt them on bigger fields. They play very defensive almost bunkering in at times and look to #9 and #10 to counterattack. You can do that on a smaller field but it's a lot tougher on a wide field vs teams that can hold the ball and pull them out and attack the space they leave. At least that's how they played Dardanelle in March.

Soccerguy123

Do any of you know Nashville well and how they play?

JFSM

Quote from: Ladyfan on May 09, 2017, 08:05:50 pm
I've seen 1 4a-3 team play and have close connections with others. I'm predicting the only team from 4A-3 making it out of round 1 is Heber. JLC will struggle against the physicality of Cossatot. Don't know anything about SJ, but Mena is a heck of a team. They held on tight to both Nashville and CAC during district tournament play.
i agree JLC will struggle to get past the first round but them boys can play if they actually stay focus. Otherwise they will lose for sure

Ladyfan

Safe travels all!! Let's hope the rain holds off until after all games are played! Anxious to see how things unfold!

JFSM

First round boys

Lighthouse 1-5 cossatot River

Lighthouse had an early lead 1-0 but the cossatot took the win in the end.

STUNNA

The Coach

May 11, 2017, 03:32:23 pm #34 Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 07:01:58 pm by The Coach
Dardanelle VB beat Monticello VB 5-1

Dardanelle VG beat Monticello VG 5-0

Ladyfan

Ladyfan

The Coach

DARD VB 2 Heber VB 1

Dard VG 3 Riverview VG 1

MDXPHD

I'm updating the Warren and CAC game in the 4A boys thread

JFSM

Episcapol could be a team everyone was sleeping on making it to semi finals ! Knocking out green forest and mena ! Could surprise us tm also against warren

Ladyfan

4A-4 with 3 teams in semis. Strongest district in 4A, perhaps? Or luck? Pulling for Warren/Episcopal winner myself.

DHS#1

MDXPHD

Quote from: DHS#1 on May 13, 2017, 10:56:32 am
Dardanelle score?

Check the stickied thread at the top. 2-1 right now, Dardanelle.

AirWarren

Let's go jacks!!!

Warren soccer is due for a state title or a state title appearance.

MDXPHD

Quote from: AirWarren on May 13, 2017, 11:19:59 am
Let's go jacks!!!

Warren soccer is due for a state title or a state title appearance.

If I had to bet, I would say they'll easily get there. I'll update as long as I stay for this game.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas