• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Magnet Cove Open?

Started by Dr. Defense, March 28, 2017, 01:20:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SR30

That's why GR is successful

gameoflife

Looks like an easy decision here.  Pick an ex-player from MC, make sure the kids like him and he can get along with the parents.  All is solved. Oh, and if he can run a program that will be a plus. 

mriderpride84

I just hope they do a good job with the process on this hire.

gameoflife

how could they miss with the plan already laid out for them. 

Kraig Crist

I bet the MC coaching search gets dirty before its all said and done.

mriderpride84

Kraig if they don't already have their guy picked it possibly could.

old.dole

From what I've heard at the water cooler golden is the front runner and it's his to lose. Just water cooler talk though

gameoflife

Hiring a new coach seems to always be marred  with politics, controversy and unanswered questions about why A got hired and B did not.

SR30

IMO golden should be the choice. The kids know him and know what he is about. Everyone wants to say that MC didn't start losing until he got there as OC. He may have been the OC but efird approved what he could and couldn't run. Head coach called the shots. I say give it to him and let him show WHT he can do with a program when it is 100% his. That's if the parents and administration will leave him alone and let him put the right player in the right place. Not where mommy n daddy thinks he should be...

old.dole

Don't matter who you hire if admin and parents are always got their hands in the cookie jar

mriderpride84

In the 3 previous years before Golden came Magnet scored 30 or more (lots of 40+) in 23 ball games. Golden has scored 30+ 7 times in last 3 years. If he is Calling the plays he obviously not adjusting well to a playbook that had previously scored points. If there is a lot of applicants can't see why in the world they would be set on a coach that has not had any previous success. Kids like to do stupid stuff but parents usually don't allow that stuff because they look at the bigger picture and do what's best for them. Kids may love him but it's about the future too not just right now.

mriderpride84

I love this community and a lot of people do regardless of if they agree all the time. We want the right person in here that loves the community and plans on building it in the right direction. I like 2 names I have heard one imparticular, because I want a physical brand of football back, and someone I know who won't use us as a stepping stone.

SR30

April 02, 2017, 08:00:51 pm #62 Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 08:15:37 pm by SR30
Hoping whoever ends up being "the man" in the Cove will sign the contract to bring back one of the biggest rival games in the state. There is no reason why Magnet and Glen Rose should not play. The kids on both teams want to play, or at least the GR side does, but the powers who have been in charge have refused. Both schools are missing huge revenue possibilities.

mriderpride84

Agreed Glen Rose should always be on the schedule.

P.P.R.D.

I guess I must have hit a little to close to home on my previous post it's been deleted.  Just sayin

southarkdaddy

Probably because you said something about someone's personal character...  Thats the only thing I could guess.

P.P.R.D.

I didn't name any names unlike some of the post on this forum.  It's pretty sad, seems like I might have hit the nail on the head.  If every body knows who the ONE is.  Just sayin 

SR30

Everyone knows who your ONE is. Just not everyone shares your opinion. It sounds like you have a personal agenda against the ONE

southarkdaddy

Quote from: SR30 on April 03, 2017, 10:27:32 am
Everyone knows who your ONE is. Just not everyone shares your opinion. It sounds like you have a personal agenda against the ONE

I didn't think he came off as vindictive.  You just can't talk about people's personal lives on a message board.

Jimbo Morphis

I don't but also have never been to Magnet Cove. I do know Coach Amerson from his days in Mcgehee.

old.dole

I wonder if they have considered Finley or Evins. Aren't they both alum from the Cove as well. I think one is at Bauxite and the other at Jacksonville.

southarkdaddy

Quote from: old.dole on April 03, 2017, 11:06:39 am
I wonder if they have considered Finley or Evins. Aren't they both alum from the Cove as well. I think one is at Bauxite and the other at Jacksonville.

This place has to have more alumni coaches than any small school I've ever heard of.

purpleswag

Pot and kettle statement if I ever heard one

mriderpride84

Old Doe Barrett, Amerson, and Golden are only names I consistently hear.

SR30

No need to get ugly and call people pot and kettle's there swag.. we can't help it you wear ft lake colors. Don't be angry cuz they can't compete in 4A. I don't have a personal agenda against anyone. Now go smoke some more fairy dust and make sure your mom knows you on her computer trying to talk like a big boy

PapaHog

Evins is a great guy! Kids love playing for him.

old.dole

Yea I know somebody who teaches down there. They hated to see him go. They also told me his wife is a phenomenal elementary teacher. Package deal that hard to beat from I'm told

mriderpride84

I agree Evans seems like a real nice guy, but he is what 2 or 3 years out of college with zero coordination experience would be a tough sell.

P.P.R.D.

From what I've heard we have some pretty awsome applicants.  Its kinda sad on how I found that out but whatever. JUST SAYIN. If we are gonna stay in house without question it should be Coach Webb he is very respected in our community HE loves our kids, HE'S LOYAL, all the kids respect and love him, Webb should be what everyone else is graded by. O did I mention he was LOYAL.  The greatest compliment I think a Coach could ever get is knowing that parents respect and love them not only as a Coach but more importantly as a rolemodel for our kids.  Kinda like the Head Football and Basketball Coaches.  O did I mention HE'S LOYAL.

mriderpride84

April 03, 2017, 12:13:30 pm #79 Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 12:19:21 pm by mriderpride84
PPRD webb was head coach once before if I remember correctly,  and didn't go to well. He is a heck of a baseball coach, and no doubt a loyal guy. With many good applicants should be easy to weed through 80% and interview a solid group of guys. The kids are being done a disservice if less than 5 are interviewed.

P.P.R.D.

That was several years ago.  I'm sure he's picked up a few things sence then.  He has Head Coaching experience. That's more than the ONE has. And your right he is a heck of a Baseball, Football, Coach, Man, Role model. LOYAL.

old.dole

I wouldn't interview more than 6.

NWA Hawg

I think Barrett would be a really good hire for Magnet Cove. Solid guy and has shown that he can win without the best athletes. 

P.P.R.D.

Yeah I agree 6 should be plenty, I've heard some has ties to Coach Nutt.

Magneto

I'd say MC produces some of the most coaches out of any small school for sure.   Probably more than some bigger ones.  It all has to do with how they do business.  They build true relationships with kids and teach them a lot more than x's and o's.  Set a great example of how to lead a team.  I just hope they continue this trend with whoever they hire.  Including the Basketball position.  Won't find better guys than Efird or Hamby.

P.P.R.D.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: Magneto on April 03, 2017, 12:39:29 pm
I'd say MC produces some of the most coaches out of any small school for sure.   Probably more than some bigger ones.  It all has to do with how they do business.  They build true relationships with kids and teach them a lot more than x's and o's.  Set a great example of how to lead a team.  I just hope they continue this trend with whoever they hire.  Including the Basketball position.  Won't find better guys than Efird or Hamby.

Any word on the basketball applicants PPRD?

Magneto

Webb fell victim to lack of talent and a sub par coaching staff.  Would like to see what he could have done with the groups that came through after he was asked to step down.  Whoever they hire he will be a great asset to lean on. 

mriderpride84

Wonder who will be in on interviewing? That will impact the decision greatly.

Magneto

Superintendent and current AD (who is also the high school principal) I'm sure.  Not sure who else.  Id be really shocked if they hire anybody from outside the district.

old.dole

P.P.R.D.

Not real sure but I believe there is 5 on the hiring committee.  That would be a  travesty and a disappointment.  At this point in time I feel the only way to save face.  Is to hire outside of the district or go by seniority in the Athletics Department.

old.dole

jrhall2

Quote from: old.dole on April 03, 2017, 01:38:12 pm
That for both sports?

I dont think they have anyone in district for basketball. I think the in district is for football but someone correct me if i am wrong.

mriderpride84

April 03, 2017, 04:00:26 pm #94 Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 04:04:40 pm by mriderpride84
So the argument for hiring in the district is kids like a certain person????? I really have nothing against the in house individual just can't see where you could say he did this or that. There is just nothing to hang your hat on if you know what I mean. People lose jobs over making those kind of hires in certain big football communities.

way2go

Quote from: mriderpride84 on April 03, 2017, 01:04:52 pm
Wonder who will be in on interviewing? That will impact the decision greatly.

I've been told by someone who knows that two on the hiring committee are best buds with the ONE.

old.dole

So what kind of seasons will the new head man have to have over the next 3 seasons to stay in everyone's good graces

mriderpride84

3 10 win seasons I guess with the confidence some powers that be have in a man who has no supporting reasons to be hired. Nevins the elementary principal would be a good one to have on the interview board he has been a coach. High school principal obviously, and a few others who arent directly involved with him would be the best way to do it, but sounds like a few individuals trying to ram this decision down our communities throat.

purpleswag

Quote from: SR30 on April 03, 2017, 11:53:39 am
No need to get ugly and call people pot and kettle's there swag.. we can't help it you wear ft lake colors. Don't be angry cuz they can't compete in 4A. I don't have a personal agenda against anyone. Now go smoke some more fairy dust and make sure your mom knows you on her computer trying to talk like a big boy

HSCHogFan

I have never posted normally just read, but I have 2 sons coming up the program and the idea of the school hiring someone who has not earned that position through evidence that they can win is just crazy I would hope our admin would show better judgement. Our community needs someone who hasn't been around the last 10 years to be tainted by the poison in our comminty. Amerson was mentioned on here, and several people in the community like that idea. I was at the Fordyce game when he brought that unathletic slow team down from Marshall who had no business being on the field with that beastly Fordyce team who went to the state championship game in the playoffs. They gave them all they wanted, and I just remember how fired up and physical they were even though they were out gunned at every spot. I was amazed how disciplined and well coached they were and thought if we ever get a shot to get him back home we need to do it. Not being here in years he would be a fresh slate and people couldn't say he was picking favorites.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas