• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 - 1A MONEY POLL

Started by 3 Dollar, March 21, 2017, 06:56:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BasketballNeverStops

Game 1
Concord-16 (17-2)
West Side-0

Game 2
Concord-21 (18-2)
West Side-0

BIG_K

3 Dollar

1-Adam-12

I've now seen Scranton twice.  Booneville got to their pitcher pretty well at their place but Scranton got theirs yesterday at Booneville.  Very solid team and definitely a factor in 1A.

WHITEchicken

Wow 3 dollar. This one looks pretty close to right. Without me actually seeing these teams play I would say your top 3 could be in any order.

BasketballNeverStops

Concord-7 (20-2)
Midland-2

3 Dollar

WHITEchicken

Taylor at number 1? Did you finally get a chance to watch them play 3 dollar?

3 Dollar

Taylor was number 1 last week, Prejudice Yard Bird!

WHITEchicken

Why does everyone associate someone who has a color in their name with racism or otherwise prejudice? Please answer this question. I know you are getting smarter by the week so hopefully you could enlighten me.

3 Dollar

First of all, it was all in fun.  My screen name has gotten me a whole lot of grief.  But, the color in your screen name is in ALL CAPS!!!

WHITEchicken

Haha... just because the first part is in all caps? Yeah you got it. The jig is up. I am prejudice. Hopefully you didn't think I was serious about your poll because I find them fun to read.

softball fanatic

Rose Bud- 10
Concord- 0
In 5 innings

BIG_K

BasketballNeverStops

1A 2-South District Tournament at Bee Branch
Semifinals
Concord-10 (23-3)
Bradford-0

Finals
Concord-18 (24-3)
Bee Branch-1

Seeding for Regionals
1. Concord
2. Bee Branch
3. Midland
4. Bradford

playhard

1A 5N District Tournament results @ Mt. Vernon

Semi-finals
#1 MVE                  6
#4 Maumelle Charter 0

#2 Wonderview 8
#3 Guy            7

Finals
Wonderview 3
MVE           2

CRHS4LIFE

Calico Rock Lady Pirates defeat Viola 2-0 in the Championship game of the 1A 2 North District Tournament today at ICC.

Lady Pirates are now back-to-back-to-back District Champions and 19-6 overall heading into Regionals.

3 Dollar

BLUEBLOOD

Dierks Lady Outlaws are ready to host regionals. Will be a tough team to beat.

atiger22fan

District 1A-3E @ Bay
#1 Armorel
#2 Bay
#3 Rector
#4 Maynard

3 Dollar

CrazySacDad

Hmmm Dollar see you sticking with Taylor as #1. Saw Woodlawn Regional final win over them. I would have put Concord there.

WHITEchicken

Woodlawn beat Taylor? Like I said earlier if you beat Taylor you're pretty good.

CrazySacDad

2-1 Woodlawn.  yes. Woodlawn is pretty Scrappy.

BLUEBLOOD

I know this is just an opinion poll so I'm not attacking you. I would like to hear how Shirley goes anywhere in top 10?  They don't have a single "quality win" in my opinion.

CrazySacDad

Good point Blueblood. At least Shirley won their Regional. Taylor did not. Until somebody beats Concord they are #1i
is how I see it. Taylor is very good but they going have to earn that #1 back now. 

BLUEBLOOD

No disrespect to Shirley or any other team.

CrazySacDad

Blueblood maybe we can get Ole Chicken to drive down to Pine Bluff and watch some games with us. Do you know who you play yet?

BLUEBLOOD

Bradford on Wednesday at 2:30

3 Dollar

Quote from: CrazySacDad on May 09, 2017, 08:39:49 am
Hmmm Dollar see you sticking with Taylor as #1. Saw Woodlawn Regional final win over them. I would have put Concord there.

Yep!  Sticking with Taylor.  It will all pan out in a couple weeks!  You'll see!  Maybe Taylor chose to lose?  Not saying they did, but could it be strategy?

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: 3 Dollar on May 09, 2017, 02:24:40 pm
Yep!  Sticking with Taylor.  It will all pan out in a couple weeks!  You'll see!  Maybe Taylor chose to lose?  Not saying they did, but could it be strategy?

Choose to lose 2-1 with ace in the circle?  Seems a little far-fetched to me.

CrazySacDad

Coach at Taylor aint built that way. yes it seems the easier side of bracket. seems that way. Why they play the games on dirt not paper. Wish Woodlawn woulda threw their Ace!!!!!!!

WHITEchicken

Can come watch guys. I have to go support my lady buckaroos in Harrison. To bad all the tournaments aren't played somewhere like maumelle or Conway so people could watch all that good softball on one site. I know that would be really hard to do and all.

CrazySacDad

Understand Chicken. Wish your Buckroos best of luck. Coach Steele is a good one and I know he has them ready. keep us posted.

WHITEchicken

Will do. Good luck to y'all too. I'll try to keep updates rolling in after each game at the 3a tournament.

gamechanger11

Sounds like if Woodlawn beat Taylor without their ace they are hands down the best team in Class A.

cowboy_hawg

After reading through all the posts today.... I'm hoping everyone was responding and reading with their sarcasm buttons activated.  Yes, Taylor lost to Woodlawn, and both teams pitched their number ones.  I was there and it looked to me that both teams played hard and everyone was playing to win, fans were cheering for a win.  Should Taylor have won the matchup?  Most people in the know would say yes.  Would Taylor win if they play again?  On paper, yes.  That is why the game is played in the dirt and grass between two white lines.  All I can say is, it was a good game between two #1 seeds and both pitchers pitched their butts off and their respective teams played hard behind them. Both teams made some errors and both teams made some good plays.  Both teams should fair well this week.  I agree with someone above, the number one team went down and the previous number two team won.  I would've swapped the rankings around a bit, even if it lasted only one week.   Good luck to all teams in every classification playing in the state playoffs.  Safe travels to all teams and fans and may all players, coaches, umps and fans play their best, coach their best, ump their best and cheer their loudest.

Play Ball !!!!

CrazySacDad

Cowboy Hawg that was the best way to put it. Thats how a Championship game was suppose to be played. People at Ouachita put a good tourney on and deserve a great big Thank You. Hope every team from our Regional wins some games.

Robert_Dorfenshootze

Well, daughter and I traveled around and watched some other regional games after we were eliminated. My thoughts:
As long as Concord's coach gets their bus to the games...they'll win it.
Scranton is 2nd best team but they'll be done after concord in 2nd round.
That leaves Taylor able to slip in on the easier side of the bracket.
Then woodlawn.
From there, I don't think it matters too much but Mount Vernon and South Side Bee Branch are my darkhorse picks.

gamechanger11

Wow!! There are about 5 teams that could win it the way I see. Everyone will have to go play well or they will not get it done. Robert what happen to your mustangs? Got beat by a team they were 8 runs better than. That why they have to be played. Many quality teams. Scranton, concord, Taylor or Woodlawn will most likely win it.

3 Dollar

Finals @ Bogle Park will probably be Taylor v Winner of Scranton/Concord.

Robert_Dorfenshootze

May 10, 2017, 02:11:21 pm #91 Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 07:15:01 pm by Robert_Dorfenshootze
Quote from: gamechanger11 on May 10, 2017, 10:35:31 am
Wow!! There are about 5 teams that could win it the way I see. Everyone will have to go play well or they will not get it done. Robert what happen to your mustangs? Got beat by a team they were 8 runs better than. That why they have to be played. Many quality teams. Scranton, concord, Taylor or Woodlawn will most likely win it.

What happened to us is easy...bad day at the office.
Concord shouldn't have to worry about that issue. Or about the coaching side of things. Even if their coach has to miss a game, I think their assistant is more than capable to guiding that ship into harbor. I've heard, I don't know if it's true, that coach Hardin is the guy in charge there. Can't beat having an ole Mustang at the helm.

gamechanger11

Ole Rob. I do not believe you are as up to date on your info as you believe, therefore I am not going to dignify that idiotic statement about whom is in charge with an answer.

Robert_Dorfenshootze

Quote from: gamechanger11 on May 10, 2017, 03:25:40 pm
Ole Rob. I do not believe you are as up to date on your info as you believe, therefore I am not going to dignify that idiotic statement about whom is in charge with an answer.

Gamechanger, I wasn't asking you to comment on that. I wouldn't think you'd have any better of an idea of the ins and outs of that team than I would. Hard for either of us to know from outside looking in but just what I've heard.

Has anyone watched any games today? I'm hoping to bring my daughter down this weekend to watch some.

CrazySacDad

Think Most the score are right.

Woodlawn 7 Acorn 0
concord 11 Izzard Co 1
Calico Rock 7 SSBB 0
MVE 10 Shirley 1
MT Ida 7 Hemitage 2
Armorel 7 Dierks 4

Woodrow1

Quote from: Robert_Dorfenshootze on May 10, 2017, 06:47:41 am
Well, daughter and I traveled around and watched some other regional games after we were eliminated. My thoughts:
As long as Concord's coach gets their bus to the games...they'll win it.
Scranton is 2nd best team but they'll be done after concord in 2nd round.
That leaves Taylor able to slip in on the easier side of the bracket.
Then woodlawn.
From there, I don't think it matters too much but Mount Vernon and South Side Bee Branch are my darkhorse picks.

Soutside?? Didn't Calico beat them like a red headed step child?

Mr. Pappagiorgio

The lack of softball knowledge is disturbing isn't it gamechanger....

CrazySacDad

Armorel did not look so easy to me. that will be a good game between them and Taylor.  could not tell much about Concord or Scranton they both took care of business like a #1 should. to me the interesting thing will be to see what pitchers handle a wet or damp ball well. some some great teams gone down in past because of a wet ball.

gamechanger11

Talking about Woodlawn throwing their ace against Taylor in reg finals. How many pitchers do they have? I know everyone pretty much only has 1 quality pitcher.

CrazySacDad

They have 2 this year. hate to look ahead but they have 2 more coming next yr.  bring your rain gear it is starting to rumble again.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas