• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A STATE FRIDAY/SATURDAY SCORES

Started by Brian G, March 03, 2017, 08:51:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sportsguy80

Quote from: hogfan7 on March 04, 2017, 08:40:25 pm
It should be held in a central location. That will draws bigger crowd. It's too Fargo
Drive- especially if you live in the north corners of the state. Magnolia has a very nice arena, but it's a horrible location for The state tournament. AAA should know better.
I was thinking the same but I think to be fair they try to let each region of the state host. It is very difficult for some to travel when it isn't centrally located. I don't know what would be a reasonable solution but this kind of turnout isn't good.

oldscribe

For sure! People in south Arkansas feel the same when tournaments are in Fayetteville, Jonesboro, Alma and Green County...All tournaments - all classes - should be held in Little Rock.....

sportsguy80

32-30 Hot Springs 5:31 left in 3rd per Jeremy Muck.

Rulesman

Quote from: oldscribe on March 04, 2017, 08:48:28 pm
All tournaments - all classes - should be held in Little Rock.....
Then people will be complaining the Little Rock schools have a unfair advantage. Where are you going to play it? Verizon don't want it. UALR probably doesn't either. At least not on a yearly basis. I would guess the same goes for UCA. That leaves Barton, hardly a Mecca for a state tournament.

Chief_Osceola™

Mills over Hot Springs 52-47.

Final

pitchperfect

Quote from: sportsguy80 on March 04, 2017, 08:47:37 pm
I was thinking the same but I think to be fair they try to let each region of the state host. It is very difficult for some to travel when it isn't centrally located. I don't know what would be a reasonable solution but this kind of turnout isn't good.

JJ Cale weighs in. " The Magnolia Arena is a sweet thing. The best AAAAA has ever had. But got to get back to Central Arkansas. The drive down south is driving me mad"

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas