• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parkview vs Harrison

Started by Ponca, March 01, 2017, 11:19:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponca

Gotta start this thread.

Not gonna lie. Since I moved from Harrison to West Helena this is the possible matchup that they've been talking about in Harrison since Parkview dropped from 6A to 5A in the offseason. This is the dream team that Harrison has been waiting on for years and knew it was a state contender when they were in 8th grade. Then the Parkview dropdown.

This game had to happen. Some will wonder why this is in the 2nd round (and why Mills will play Maumelle in the 2nd roud) but it was going to happen.

It's time!

Let's go Goblins!

Ponca

KNOW YOUR OPPONENT

According to Rivals, LR Parkview has 2 4-star recruits that have both committed to Arkansas. Garland and Henderson.

Hoghead2

Hoghead will be attending the Harrison vs Parkview Game.

ZoneBuster

Unless Harrison goes zone and really slows the game down offensively in the half court parkview wins by double digits easily.

mijally

Try the Hack-a-View strategy. Make their bigs beat you from the free throw line. Bring in subs to eat up fouls and get PV in the bonus then foul their bigs inside. If their bigs shoot 50% like they usually do you got a shot. 

Ponca

Looks like Parkview is 9-deep. Only 2 Seniors (beware next year 5A).

#3 Khallil Garland SR - G - 6'4", 180 - Rivals 3-Star - Arkansas commit - 146 overall
#22 Javon Franklin SR- F - 6'6", 185 - Rivals 3-Star - Not committed
#33 Ethan Henderson JR - F - 6'8", 185 - Rivals 4-Star - Arkansas commit - 80 overall
#32 Caleb Stokes JR - C - 6'7, 230 - Rivals 3-Star - Not committed
#24 Curtis White JR - G - 6'4, 185 - Rivals Listed - Not committed
#2 Allen Flanigan SO
#21 Moses Moody FR
#5 Larodrius Terry JR
#4 Ahmarri Farr JR

theflash10

I hope Harrison can hang on! This game will be a great, they experienced enough heartbreak last year in the first round, would love to see them take down the sure thing champions, they deserve it.

businesstron

I hope Harrison doesn't try to run with them like they tried to with Maumelle last week.  If they do that again they will lose for sure.   There's alot of players on this Parkview team if playoff experience.  Franklin and Garland done been there forever and I think Henderson has been playing since he was a freshman as well.  I only saw them in the Jammin for jackets final but they didn't look as good as they looked last year and they was weird because they had most of their good players back. Regardless though they should win.

Ponca

Can't find a 2016-2017 team image of Harrison, so here's a photo of Local Flavor

Harrison generally plays the first 7 kids listed below but can go as far as 11-deep to compete.

#11 Trevor Atwell SR - 6'5" - Committed to Southwest Baptist
#32 Tanner Curry SR - 5'11" - Signed with Newman College
#22 Jackson Marseilles SR - 6'4" - Signed with Arkansas Tech (Golf)
#20 Braedon Boren SR - 5'10"
#35 Nathan Jenkins SR - 6'2"
#15 Jake Wynn SR - 5'10"
#5 Skyler Young JR - 6'6"
#14 Carson Journagan SO - 6'3"
#23 Noah Ditmanson JR - 6'2"
#2 Colton Youngblood JR - 6'4"
#25 Chris McCuistion JR - 6'4"

jrhall2

Look for Harrison to pack that zone, get it down the court quick when they have numbers and when they don't utilize a lot of ball movement which they are great at and light it up from beyond the arc which they are also really good at.

STBruin

Beware of Parkview Freshman Moody...he starts for Parkview as a freshman, kid CAN PLAY!!!!!

Ponca

March 02, 2017, 02:28:53 pm #11 Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 02:32:01 pm by Ponca
Quote from: STBruin on March 02, 2017, 12:55:29 pm
Beware of Parkview Freshman Moody...he starts for Parkview as a freshman, kid CAN PLAY!!!!!

That was what blew me away when I was doing my research and why I listed him in the Parkview 9-deep above. There are not many teams in Arkansas history if any that have 5 players on the roster listed on Rivals. And this Frosh is not only getting significant playing time but starting as well? My guess is he'll end up being listed on Rivals one day too.

ZoneBuster

Quote from: Ponca on March 02, 2017, 02:28:53 pm
That was what blew me away when I was doing my research and why I listed him in the Parkview 9-deep above. There are not many teams in Arkansas history if any that have 5 players on the roster listed on Rivals. And this Frosh is not only getting significant playing time but starting as well? My guess is he'll end up being listed on Rivals one day too.

By this summer I would imagine.

Chief_Osceola™

For Harrison to have success, they will have to make Parkview beat them from the perimeter and minimize offensive rebounds and transition baskets. Parkview is not consistent shooting the 3 but they create offense with their speed and length.

Go Postal

March 02, 2017, 08:20:49 pm #14 Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 08:45:45 pm by Go Postal
Time for the Main Event....

https://youtu.be/SpRPwmSn0F4

Good luck to both teams.

GO GOBS!

mijally

Go Postal

Harrison 12
Parkview 18
End of 1st

theflash10

I've wondered this for a few years, I believe the team with Aaron Ross at Parkview is when they started, but why do they wear dominant color bottoms with home tops? I think NLR did it in the finals against Bentonville a couple years ago also and I've seen a couple D1 schools do it.

Go Postal

Harrison 24
Parkview 32
Half.

Comments are welcomed..

theflash10

Parkview can sky for the boards. I think the first two 3's stunned the Gobs a little bit. Harrison will need someone else to get hot from deep besides Atwell. Harrison has done well keeping the pace slowed down I think, but you can tell Parkview can bust out at any chance they get.

Go Postal

I believe #11 had 11 pts.  Gobs need to not leave him to make shots from perimeter.  Gobs need to make shots and keep controlling tempo.

Yellowcake

Is this game happening now? I left after the PA girls game. I can't imagine Harrison coming within 20 of Parkview. Maybe they will surprise me.

theflash10

Big 5 point sequence for Atwell. 3 in transition and dunk to tie. Gobs up 35-34 with 3:30 in the third.

AT

Quote from: theflash10 on March 02, 2017, 10:04:53 pm
Big 5 point sequence for Atwell. 3 in transition and dunk to tie. Gobs up 35-34 with 3:30 in the third.

Woah!

AT

Parkview - 41
Harrison - 37

1:45 3rd Quarter

AT

Parkview - 44
Harrison - 37

1:10 3rd Quarter

theflash10

4 fouls on Atwell he has 17 with 37 left in the 3rd

theflash10

48-39 Parkview start of the 4th

AT

Quote from: theflash10 on March 02, 2017, 10:11:03 pm
4 fouls on Atwell he has 17 with 37 left in the 3rd

In the obvious category, this hurts Harrison big time.

Go Postal

theflash10

AT

Parkview - 54
Harrison - 45

3:53 4th Quarter

mijally

Start fouling now. Bring in subs and foul. That's the only chance.

theflash10

Foul calls seem to be getting touchier

theflash10

Quote from: mijally on March 02, 2017, 10:26:14 pm
Start fouling now. Bring in subs and foul. That's the only chance.
Looks like that is what they're doing with Atwell and Ditmanson.

theflash10

Ponca

Quote from: theflash10 on March 02, 2017, 09:42:19 pm
I've wondered this for a few years, I believe the team with Aaron Ross at Parkview is when they started, but why do they wear dominant color bottoms with home tops? I think NLR did it in the finals against Bentonville a couple years ago also and I've seen a couple D1 schools do it.

Parkview has always done that. I remember blue shorts with white tops in past.

Ponca

Gobs great gameplan. Box-and-oned Garland. Garland was never a factor. He fouled out with 4 min left in game.

In fact, my opinion of the two Razorback commitments from Parkview is very low. I'm not impressed.

Parkview was impressive cleaning up the defensive boards though. Way up there. Harrison had one shot every trip.

This was a ballgame. Harrison up 3 with 3 min left in 3rd after 11-0 run. Then the 4th foul on Local Flavor.

Game over after that.

The score in the newspaper tomorrow will look like a blowout, but it was 8-point game with 2 min left. Give Parkview credit. Hack-A-Parkview didn't work. They made their FT's and Harrison didn't respond when they went in panic mode in the end.

But I'm sure everyone that watched that game came away with this. Local Flavor was the best player on the court. It wasn't even close.

Ponca

Quote from: Go Postal on March 02, 2017, 08:20:49 pm

GO GOBS!

what in the world is this? last years team in god-awful uniforms or is that paint shop? I wouldn't want this picture to exist.

Yellowcake

Not quite 20, but 17 is a blowout if anyone was thinking Harrison really had a chance.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Yellowcake on March 02, 2017, 11:25:58 pm
Not quite 20, but 17 is a blowout if anyone was thinking Harrison really had a chance.

Eh, it was a 7-point game with 4 minutes left and Harrison had the ball. If Atwell's 3 had gone down it's a different ballgame in the final stretch. Harrison was very competitive until about the 2-minute mark when they had to try to speed up and kind of panicked. Credit to Parkview though - they made a high percentage of their free throws.

theflash10

Quote from: Ponca on March 02, 2017, 11:21:30 pm
what in the world is this? last years team in god-awful uniforms or is that paint shop? I wouldn't want this picture to exist.
Look like practice or travel jerseys

woopork

Quote from: Yellowcake on March 02, 2017, 11:25:58 pm
Don't be an idiot. This was a good game for everyone that watched until about 2:20 left.

Hoghead2

It matters not how close it was at one time. A 17 point loss is a blowout. If you're tied at 30 and lose 47 to 30, you just got blowed out. Good game Harrison.  You played well.

ZoneBuster

The turning point was when Harrison got the lead in the 3rd and either Jenkins or Atwell (can't remember) jacked up a quick 3. Instead of slowing it down and running some clock and getting a great look, they rushed a quick 3. Parkview responded and Harrison never regained control or momentum.

Marblehog

Quote from: mijally on March 02, 2017, 08:25:19 am
Try the Hack-a-View strategy. Make their bigs beat you from the free throw line. Bring in subs to eat up fouls and get PV in the bonus then foul their bigs inside. If their bigs shoot 50% like they usually do you got a shot.
You do realize if a team shoots 50 percent from the FT line that is like shooting 50 percent from the field?

Marblehog

Quote from: Go Postal on March 02, 2017, 08:20:49 pm
Time for the Main Event....

https://youtu.be/SpRPwmSn0F4

Good luck to both teams.

GO GOBS!
worst uniforms ive ever seen

Marblehog

Quote from: Hoghead2 on March 03, 2017, 02:41:24 am
It matters not how close it was at one time. A 17 point loss is a blowout. If you're tied at 30 and lose 47 to 30, you just got blowed out. Good game Harrison.  You played well.
Uh no.  Work on that grammer big boy.  Hope worst athletic program in the entire state next year?  I'm calling it right now!

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Marblehog on March 03, 2017, 09:10:09 am
You do realize if a team shoots 50 percent from the FT line that is like shooting 50 percent from the field?

It's not if a missed free throw is the front end of a one-&-one.  And anything less than 50% from the line gives the fouling team an advantage.

The other side of that strategy is that you have to make it a 2-for-1 every time.  When they get one point, you have to get 2. 

Ponca

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on March 02, 2017, 11:30:22 pm
Eh, it was a 7-point game with 4 minutes left and Harrison had the ball. If Atwell's 3 had gone down it's a different ballgame in the final stretch. Harrison was very competitive until about the 2-minute mark when they had to try to speed up and kind of panicked. Credit to Parkview though - they made a high percentage of their free throws.

Yup. Had that 3 gone down and it was a 4-point game with 4-min left... *sigh*

Good luck today vs Mills.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas