• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Barton Football

Started by coachsearch, February 09, 2017, 09:25:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

coachsearch

RZback

Only if the news out of Wynne is correct.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: RZback on February 09, 2017, 03:15:19 pm
Only if the news out of Wynne is correct.

It is correct. I have a viable source.

Arkansauce

SIDELINECOACH

Who going to be the bear new coach?

BartonBearsAlum12

I read FF but never post anything but I had to about this Barton job because people need to know the truth.

Whoever takes Van Paschals place will not do as near as good as he did while he was at Barton. He's the best coach I've ever played for and he made my time at Barton worth while. I didn't think we were even going to have a football program before he got there because it was just about to shut down for good. He changed things and changed the attitudes and brought back tradition to a small town that desperately needed it. Enough about the past though, he is gone to Wynne and will do a heck of a job there and the players will love him just like I did and they will definitely know who Jesus Christ is before they graduate which is more important than playing football.

As for whoever gets this job will have a crazy superintendent to deal with each and every day. This guy is nuts I came to games and watched and he's on the sidelines in almost coaching attire walking around like he's a coach??? I know he got on Paschal's nerves and was more than annoying to have around. I have never heard of a sup trying to coach on the sidelines..it didn't work because Paschal wasn't having that but my gosh it was very odd to see coming from a sup. What's even more strange is he is the head softball coach?? Yes Bartons sup is the head softball coach, oh yeah he just got a bill passed where school board members and school board members spouses can be volunteer coaches at Barton...... So the head baseball coach is a school board member right now?? The people on the board who have kids in high school and jr. high aren't the easiest to deal with either. They are buddied up to the sup who is allowing them to coach. Now that Paschal is gone that place is going to eventually destroy itself as long as the superintendent is still there. Goodluck to whoever gets the job, but I feel like they need to know what's going on. I know I will be making about a 45 minute drive along with a few others I've spoke to on Friday nights to watch the Wynne Yellow Jackets this year because there is a circus going on at Barton now and it's slowly turning into a joke.

Jimbo Morphis

The drive to Wynne will not take as long as reading your post.

BartonBearsAlum12

Quote from: Oldman on February 25, 2017, 02:48:18 pm
The drive to Wynne will not take as long as reading your post.
You didn't have to read it, but all of it is true. I hope the next head coach is ready to have a crazy "boss."

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: BartonBearsAlum12 on February 25, 2017, 07:27:35 pm
You didn't have to read it, but all of it is true. I hope the next head coach is ready to have a crazy "boss."

How did this sequence of events come about?

BartonBearsAlum12

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on February 25, 2017, 07:59:53 pm
How did this sequence of events come about?

He's never been a sup before and I'm not real sure he really knows how to actually be an administrator.. and I just find it odd that parents on the board are coaching.. the head baseball coach at Barton is a parent, he doesn't even work at the school. The sup is the head softball coach..just doesn't add up to me man.

mohawk

Are there any names out there on this one? I heard they closing the application process Monday.

JackofallTrades

All that stems from the certified volunteer stuff and a volunteer can be the head guy now. Hope things workout for whoever they hire

Sidelines

March 12, 2017, 03:41:21 pm #12 Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 11:03:12 pm by Sidelines
Quote from: mohawk on March 09, 2017, 10:15:50 am
Are there any names out there on this one? I heard they closing the application process Monday.

Heard possibly coach cox

ricefarmer

Is it official?  Clark McBride from Wynne?

Sidelines

March 18, 2017, 09:24:58 am #14 Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 11:05:48 pm by Sidelines
Coach McBride is a good coach and he will do great things for Barton's football program.

Rick Swines

Lions84

Good hire for the Bears.

86jacketstchamps

Absolutely broken hearted on this one if true. Huge loss for Wynne not only from a coaching perspective but with how he conducted himself within the school, the respect he garnered from his peers, how he related to the kids and just on and on. 

Dang dang dang.

titan33

SIDELINECOACH

Im sure you know all about him. Let hope he put more into the program than the last one did. Pascal better be on top of his game are he will be back at wynne Head Coach,

way2go

Quote from: SIDELINECOACH on March 23, 2017, 04:53:04 pm
Im sure you know all about him. Let hope he put more into the program than the last one did. Pascal better be on top of his game are he will be back at wynne Head Coach,

S. M. H.

BartonBearsAlum12

Quote from: SIDELINECOACH on March 23, 2017, 04:53:04 pm
Wow you must be as dumb as you sound, a coach winning 50+ games during his time at Barton and taking the Bears to War Memorial during his time there sure sounds like he didn't care... man you must be dumb, I played for the guy, he respected us and we respected him, don't talk about stuff you don't know bud.

stinger1

I just heard the news from a group of the players that are hanging out at the house tonight and they are truly upset that McBride is leaving. Congrats to McBride and good luck. Players are worried about his replacement and are hoping someone from the jr. high is not moved up to replace him. They are wanting to be challenged and to be held to a high standard that McBride helped to set.

SIDELINECOACH

You are right he won 52 games but he lost 35. In conference he went 28-20!!!! Your so smart you do the math. Also how many of his total win were against 2a and 1a schools. He only played up against Dewitt, looks to me he was padding his win record. It all on max prep if you need to look back. He never once excepted to play  Central, why not. Was it to close he had no problem driving to Marvell. Sorry but that record will not keep him in Wynne. Glad you love your coach,

BartonBearsAlum12

Quote from: SIDELINECOACH on March 24, 2017, 10:54:59 pm
You are right he won 52 games but he lost 35. In conference he went 28-20!!!! Your so smart you do the math. Also how many of his total win were against 2a and 1a schools. He only played up against Dewitt, looks to me he was padding his win record. It all on max prep if you need to look back. He never once excepted to play  Central, why not. Was it to close he had no problem driving to Marvell. Sorry but that record will not keep him in Wynne. Glad you love your coach,
[/quote

Yeah winning a 5A state title won't keep him at a 5A school??  Or being the 2nd winningest coach in the state of Arkansas won't keep him at a 5A school?? Haha you my friend are a Paschal hater, that's fine his record speaks for himself. It's also on here as well you didn't have to go look at maxpreps which is half the time wrong anyways but I'm glad you took the time out of your day to google  that, good job bud, you're super cool.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: BartonBearsAlum12 on March 25, 2017, 12:50:29 am
Quote from: SIDELINECOACH on March 24, 2017, 10:54:59 pm
[/quote

Yeah winning a 5A state title won't keep him at a 5A school??  Or being the 2nd winningest coach in the state of Arkansas won't keep him at a 5A school?? Haha you my friend are a Paschal hater, that's fine his record speaks for himself. It's also on here as well you didn't have to go look at maxpreps which is half the time wrong anyways but I'm glad you took the time out of your day to google  that, good job bud, you're super cool.

Half the time wrong? The only time it's wrong is when a fan inserts the data for SCORES only. Maxpreps is utilized by the AAA now and most of all the data entered is put in by coaches... So are you saying coaches are lieing?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas