• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rose Bud Head Coaching Job

Started by KentMurphy17, January 05, 2017, 12:25:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsjunky

January 13, 2017, 12:55:44 pm #50 Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 12:57:31 pm by Sportsjunky
The question here is what is the root of this problem?  For a 3A school why can they not field a team?  Are the kids in Rose bud just that lazy or are there other problems?  Why are they going through so many coaches? Is there a lack of support from the administation or fan base?  And what exactly happened to the last coach?  Wasn't he an internal hire?  When you have an established program and a quality staff, hiring from within can help maintain continuity while showing loyalty; but when the program is on the rocks sometimes a new coach with a different perspective is necessary in order to boost interest.

Razorbacks48

BulldogDad82

Quote from: Made on January 13, 2017, 12:50:53 pm
So he's never been part of a winning program?

Coached in La before. Not sure where though.

Made

Razorbacks48

Wilson47

last I heard they have had several applicants....

Razorbacks48

Razorbacks48

Redwolves8526

I'd like to know where Coach Perez went. Stand up guy and quality coach. Just got into a bad situation.

LionX2

Razorbacks48

January 20, 2017, 12:47:06 pm #60 Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 03:46:46 pm by Razorbacks48
now theres over 60..

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Razorbacks48 on January 20, 2017, 12:47:06 pm
now theres over 60...no joke
My guess would be young assistants wanting a start.

arkansasprepfootball

Quote from: Razorbacks48 on January 20, 2017, 12:47:06 pm
now theres over 60...no joke

You know numbers yet you constantly ask about names...  Odd.

Combination of things could lead to inflated numbers here - no experience needed and location.  I would assume a large number are soon-to-be college graduates and/or young coaches.  I doubt the number 60.  I would venture about 10 are viable head coach candidates.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: arkansasprepfootball on January 20, 2017, 01:17:28 pm
You know numbers yet you constantly ask about names...  Odd.

Combination of things could lead to inflated numbers here - no experience needed and location.  I would assume a large number are soon-to-be college graduates and/or young coaches.  I doubt the number 60.  I would venture about 10 are viable head coach candidates.

Location? Well I guess it isn't that far out of Conway or Beebe....

CoolBreeze

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 20, 2017, 01:32:28 pm
About 20 miles west of Searcy.

arkansasprepfootball

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 20, 2017, 01:32:28 pm

...not in the Delta or south Arkansas, etc.  30 minutes from Searcy, an hour from Little Rock, 45 minutes or so from Conway, and about 90 minutes from Russellville - universities in all four towns. Attractive from a "starter" standpoint.

esgibson00

Well I'm ready to take over for the Head Coaching position.

CoolBreeze

It is a little bitty burg, about 400. Very rural area. Nothing there in the way of shopping, etc. Most purchases would have to be online or make a trip to Searcy or Conway.

Good access to outdoor sports. Half an hour from Greer's Ferry Lake.

arkansasFBscoop

Have heard applications accepted through January 31st.  Interviews "early February" with a hire presented to school board on February 27th is the timetable here.

60 applicants sounds like Trumpish "alternative facts".

xcat

Quote from: arkansasFBscoop on January 22, 2017, 05:01:18 pm
Have heard applications accepted through January 31st.  Interviews "early February" with a hire presented to school board on February 27th is the timetable here.

60 applicants sounds like Trumpish "alternative facts".

Up to over a hundred applicants now. LOL

Razorbacks48

January 23, 2017, 10:13:50 am #70 Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 03:47:50 pm by Razorbacks48
think what you want.

arkansasFBscoop

Quote from: Razorbacks48 on January 23, 2017, 10:13:50 am
think what you want...my source is pretty good...one of my kid's friend's dad works at the school

If the past few months have taught us anything, it's hard to believe what you don't see for yourself.

Regardless of numbers, there are some good coaches who've gotten involved in this process - including some with head coaching experience from what I've been told.  Rose Bud, if they want to, can make a good hire and give the program a chance to grow and develop.  Anytime a program struggles for a number of years and fights, chronically, low numbers - its fair to question the "want to".

Williebe147

Quote from: arkansasFBscoop on January 23, 2017, 08:35:47 pm
If the past few months have taught us anything, it's hard to believe what you don't see for yourself.

Regardless of numbers, there are some good coaches who've gotten involved in this process - including some with head coaching experience from what I've been told.  Rose Bud, if they want to, can make a good hire and give the program a chance to grow and develop.  Anytime a program struggles for a number of years and fights, chronically, low numbers - its fair to question the "want to".
Rose Bud has loyalty problems. They had some kids that were pretty good players that left and went to Heber Springs and Searcy. At least 2 of these kids made All State in the higher classifications. Got to have players like this stay at home and not get recruited to other schools. When Coach Rose was there normally had about 30 or more out for football. Started dropping off when he left. Hard to get support from town and administration as they were basketball town for so many years. Dedication from the kids and the school has got to happen before things get better.

hogwild_82

So I saw that early Feb they will be doing interviews.. Are there any names besides the guy that was on staff already?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: hogwild_82 on January 30, 2017, 12:17:10 pm
So I saw that early Feb they will be doing interviews.. Are there any names besides the guy that was on staff already?
763 applicants.

Razorbacks48

January 30, 2017, 12:59:41 pm #75 Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 03:48:44 pm by Razorbacks48
last i heard there were over 100 apps. many people will say this is false (as did i when i was told) but it is true. laugh, joke, do whatever all you want but its no lie. word is that theyre going to try to narrow it down to 50 and interview them and go from there.

Razorbacks48

some of the higher class jobs are finally getting filled, anyone know when rose bud will start interviewing and if so how many/who?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Razorbacks48 on January 31, 2017, 01:11:44 pm
some of the higher class jobs are finally getting filled, anyone know when rose bud will start interviewing and if so how many/who?
Ask the guy who posted right above you. He knows how many applicants there are, no joke. Last he heard there were over 100. Anyone with connections like that would be able to fill you in.

Made

Quote from: Oldman on January 31, 2017, 01:21:31 pm
Ask the guy who posted right above you. He knows how many applicants there are, no joke. Last he heard there were over 100. Anyone with connections like that would be able to fill you in.
touche

Razorbacks48

Guys, come on now. 100? I was totally kidding. I doubt there would be 100 apps for the Arkansas job if Biliema left...there is around 40 apps and interviews starting next week. Don't know who or how many. (This is the word is got about 30 minutes ago)

bassfisherman999

February 01, 2017, 09:17:57 am #80 Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 04:05:00 pm by bassfisherman999
i was fixing to say 100?? lol...although 40 seems still a bit too much to me it is a more reasonable number than 100...how are the facilities in RB, I'm from NW arkansas and was wondering the comparison??

bigman5570

Quote from: Oldman on January 31, 2017, 01:21:31 pm

;D

bassfisherman999

rbhs8990

Interviews started this week.  They hope to have someone hired by Feb, school board meeting.  I think they are interviewing around 10 and will take top 3 and interview again and pick from there. 

bassfisherman999

Quote from: rbhs8990 on February 08, 2017, 04:14:01 am
Interviews started this week.  They hope to have someone hired by Feb, school board meeting.  I think they are interviewing around 10 and will take top 3 and interview again and pick from there.
Are you certain they're going from 10 to 3?

arkansasFBscoop

Quote from: bassfisherman999 on February 08, 2017, 03:56:28 pm
Are you certain they're going from 10 to 3?

I heard similar from a candidate who interviewed.

KentMurphy17

second round of interviews are done from what I've heard, so hire should be coming very soon there

Made

Quote from: KentMurphy17 on February 15, 2017, 08:01:01 am
second round of interviews are done from what I've heard, so hire should be coming very soon there
Who were the fnial 3?

BulldogDad82

Chip Kelley, Rod Smith and Art Briles.

Made

Quote from: BulldogDad82 on February 15, 2017, 10:56:26 am
Chip Kelley, Rod Smith and Art Briles.
Guess they couldn't come to terms with Ikey Ray, but sometimes you have to go with your second choice.....

CoolBreeze

Quote from: BulldogDad82 on February 15, 2017, 10:56:26 am
Chip Kelley, Rod Smith, and Art Briles.
Where have these guys coached in the past? Or have they? If so, how successful have they been?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: CoolBreeze on February 15, 2017, 05:28:04 pm
Where have these guys coached in the past? Or have they? If so, how successful have they been?

I hear they all come with some baggage...

Made

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 15, 2017, 05:28:40 pm
I hear they all come with some baggage...
Tumi's, Valextra, and Luois Vuitton

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Made on February 15, 2017, 10:06:07 pm
Tumi's, Valextra, and Luois Vuitton

The good stuff to keep on a moving 8)

Made

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 16, 2017, 11:45:56 am
The good stuff to keep on a moving 8)
Baggage, Luggage, Same difference right?

BulldogDad82

Quote from: Made on February 15, 2017, 11:18:14 am
Guess they couldn't come to terms with Ikey Ray, but sometimes you have to go with your second choice.....

Heard he ended up not even interviewing. Could be a red flag.

Arkansauce

Sherlock

Im hearing from a few people that Norton from Lake Village will be named new HC soon

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Sherlock on February 28, 2017, 12:16:09 pm
Im hearing from a few people that Norton from Lake Village will be named new HC soon
That would be a great hire. Bad news for Lake Village- Lakeside-Eudora if true.

Dr. Defense

Norton would be a home run hire for the Ramblers

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas