• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mineral Springs (filled - David Bennett)

Started by nsuqb10, December 24, 2016, 03:13:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nsuqb10

December 24, 2016, 03:13:58 pm Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 02:44:14 pm by Coach DePriest, Shiloh Christian
Didn't this used to be a good job?

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: nsuqb10 on December 24, 2016, 03:13:58 pm
Didn't this used to be a good job?

Has definitely been better than it is right now.  Nothing to get excited about in the last 20 years. 

panther07

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on December 27, 2016, 03:01:00 pm
Has definitely been better than it is right now.  Nothing to get excited about in the last 20 years.

I think that's debatable. They didn't start to really go downhill until about 2007.  Had some really good teams between 96 and 06. 

HORNET-MAN

Still A good Job talent there and coming.. drop off started in 2007, 2008,2009,2010 not so good years... 2011,2012,2013 where good years under Perrin & Evans

greenBlasian

I wish I had my degree so that way I could become a Head coach. I like the 2A because every school is small which means no stress and I have many ideas for offense that I think would bring MS back to life! As long as you have 15 guys willing to devote their time and train hard then any things possible! I'm thinking a fast paced no huddle spread offense! Yes the playbook is limited by the skill of your qb and his receiving core but as the season goes you add a couple of plays here and there.  If that doesn't work then we do a multi formation offense with simple plays, 4-5 yrd plays are OK. No need for long bombs in this conference. I know Paris has atleast 20 different formations just for looks and if their opponents aren't ready they do work.
Anyway, good luck hornets! Will be attending a few games!

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: greenBlasian on December 30, 2016, 03:30:14 am
I wish I had my degree so that way I could become a Head coach. I like the 2A because every school is small which means no stress and I have many ideas for offense that I think would bring MS back to life! As long as you have 15 guys willing to devote their time and train hard then any things possible! I'm thinking a fast paced no huddle spread offense! Yes the playbook is limited by the skill of your qb and his receiving core but as the season goes you add a couple of plays here and there.  If that doesn't work then we do a multi formation offense with simple plays, 4-5 yrd plays are OK. No need for long bombs in this conference. I know Paris has atleast 20 different formations just for looks and if their opponents aren't ready they do work.
Anyway, good luck hornets! Will be attending a few games!

You got the job.....when can you start??

YouKnowUno

I would like this job, plenty of talent and speed.
I think i will apply for it.

Pat Swilling

Any updates?  Tons of potential.  Good athletes.  School support.  New HS on way.

Razorbacks48

I haven't heard any names and apparently no one else has either lol

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Pat Swilling on January 03, 2017, 09:02:36 am
Any updates?  Tons of potential.  Good athletes.  School support.  New HS on way.

Didn't they just come out of financial distress?

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 05, 2017, 04:29:34 pm
Didn't they just come out of financial distress?

Yes, but the power plant in Fulton happens to fall in their district so money is no longer an issue.  They are still (according to ADE) in academic distress, but that is/was being contested in the courts. 

COACH-Mike

Quote from: Razorbacks48 on January 05, 2017, 12:10:56 pm
I haven't heard any names and apparently no one else has either lol

HUGE SMILE!!!!!!

Razorbacks48

one of the very few open 2a jobs right now, any updates or news on this? time the school is giving this?

Pat Swilling

Wonder if Nick Evans applied?

Razorbacks48

Pat Swilling

Nick Evans.  Current Nash assist. former MS HC

Razorbacks48

i am not sure, i have not heard of anyone that has applied. not much talking going on with any of the jobs open

Iknewthemwhen

School boards sometimes move slowly.

JohnBarleycorn

Razorbacks48

BigBob

Any chance Mart mcbride who took the SH job last year try's and comes back to his alma mater?

BigBob

panther07

Quote from: Razorbacks48 on January 10, 2017, 10:55:38 am
Nick or Neil?

Don't think Neil leaves Harding academy for Mineral. 

Razorbacks48

Correct, Neil Evans is at HA for a while

Iknewthemwhen

This program is down a bit and that means less interest in taking those positions.

Razorbacks48

any new news? names of applicants?

COACH-Mike

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on January 11, 2017, 08:59:55 pm
This program is down a bit and that means less interest in taking those positions.
Quote from: Razorbacks48 on January 12, 2017, 08:13:23 am
any new news? names of applicants?
Heard that there is over 20 applicants.  Some are seeing the diamond in the rough.
1. New $19 million school.
2. Teachers Salaries being raised to be able to attract the best. Average 15 students  in a classroom.
3. The best facilities in 2a football.
4. Raw talent.
5. $8.5 million in the bank right now.
6. $1.5 million a year surplus carry over.  (unbelievable resources)
7. Hungry for success community.  Willing to help.

Razorbacks48

man some of those stats are nice lol no names with the 20+ apps?

Made

Quote from: COACH-Mike on January 12, 2017, 08:48:56 am
Heard that there is over 20 applicants.  Some are seeing the diamond in the rough.
1. New $19 million school.
2. Teachers Salaries being raised to be able to attract the best. Average 15 students  in a classroom.
3. The best facilities in 2a football.
4. Raw talent.
5. $8.5 million in the bank right now.
6. $1.5 million a year surplus carry over.  (unbelievable resources)
7. Hungry for success community.  Willing to help.

There's a reason the money is in the bank....someone ain't spending it

Iknewthemwhen

Small schools will almost naturally have problems keeping good coaches because of the lure of more money, prestige, from taking a higher classification position.  Another problem is not always attracting quality experienced applicants and not winning gets them removed.

COACH-Mike

Quote from: Made on January 12, 2017, 09:42:39 am
There's a reason the money is in the bank....someone ain't spending it
Increased teacher pay by 13% in the last two years and provided bonuses. With plans for more.
Approved a $19 million school.
Additional tutorial personnel and equipment.

Iknewthemwhen

Who is the super at Mineral?

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on January 12, 2017, 07:41:21 pm
Who is the super at Mineral?

Current is Curtis Turner but he is retiring at the end of the school year.  I haven't heard if they have hired replacement yet, but it should be soon.

Razorbacks48

with turner retiring who will be making the decision?

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: Razorbacks48 on January 13, 2017, 10:09:35 am
with turner retiring who will be making the decision?

Very good question.  They have an AD so maybe he & current admin will collaborate to make the decision.

nsuqb10

The last time this job was good the football coach was AD. Won't draw as many good apps when you don't have full control.

Razorbacks48

COACH-Mike

We have 16 applications for the Superintendent and up to 25 for the head coach.  That's all we can share at this time.

stuck in between

January 17, 2017, 11:03:22 am #38 Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 11:05:16 pm by paraloma
Quote from: COACH-Mike on January 17, 2017, 09:55:10 am
We have 16 applications for the Superintendent and up to 25 for the head coach.  That's all we can share at this time.

Up to 25 applicants for a job at a school that has averaged 2.5 wins/ year the last four years is pretty impressive. Definitely some talent and potential there. There will be challenges the new coach or any coach will face. I've often wondered how turn out for summer workouts are impacted by the kids that live in Saratoga and I assume Fulton being so far away. I have never looked at it on a map, but it seems to me that it is a rather large district by area and the school isn't very centrally located. How often does the school lose star athletes to neighboring Nashville? It's got to happen with their success. 

coachsearch

Any word on this one yet...What is their time frame?

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: coachsearch on January 18, 2017, 01:34:32 pm
Any word on this one yet...What is their time frame?

I would guess a new coach will be offered by mid-February.  Just a guess, no inside information.

Razorbacks48

any names going around for this one?

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: Razorbacks48 on January 19, 2017, 08:26:06 am
any names going around for this one?

Very quiet.  Haven't heard any names floating around, only that they have had 25+ applicants. 

Rida4Life

I heard an assistant in the El Dorado area might apply.... he said the money is insane for South Arkansas.

Razorbacks48

coachsearch

Are they still taking applications

Iknewthemwhen

Any leaders for this job.

~WPS~

Sick Dog

Will you guys hurry up and hire someone. Dawson isnt coming back to Howard Co. or even close to it. I know yall think that job deserves someone like that but sorry it doesnt. Might want to call back Segrest.

~WPS~

Quote from: Sick Dog on January 25, 2017, 08:31:16 pm
Will you guys hurry up and hire someone. Dawson isnt coming back to Howard Co. or even close to it. I know yall think that job deserves someone like that but sorry it doesnt. Might want to call back Segrest.
Segrest is hot on the trail of Bigfoot right now.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas