• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7-4A 2017

Started by FBfan79, December 11, 2016, 01:22:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FBfan79

December 11, 2016, 01:22:11 pm Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 02:17:35 pm by FBfan79
I would imagine FL will take a step forward in 2017.  They may be returning the most out of any 4A team. Here were their Stat leaders for 2016.

Rushing:
Roberson (SO) 190car 1310 yds 6.9avg
Tedford (JR)  60car 246yds 4.1avg
Horton (JR) 33car 208yds 6.3avg

Receiving:
P. Johnson (JR) 37rec 841yds 22.7 avg
Dodge (JR) 8rec 207yds 25.9 avg
Horton (JR) 9rec 186yds 20.7 avg

Defense:
Simpson (SO) 89 tackles
Murphy (SO) 79 tackles 1int
A. Johnson (SO) 50 tackles 5 int
Horton (JR) 49 tackles

5 sacks - all SO and JR players.

I believe most of the line was SO and JR players.  They will be replacing the QB though.  I expect them to make the playoffs and challenge the top of the 7-4A.

~WPS~

December 11, 2016, 03:07:09 pm #1 Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 03:13:26 pm by ~WPS~
It'll be a very competitive league again next year. I haven't taken the time to look into it in depth but here's my initial prediction for next year.

1. Nashville - still plenty of talent, but will have questions and will be young on defense, probably their best Jr High team of them all moves up to help.
2. Arkadelphia - I really think they are still a year away from being really good.
3. Robinson - even with Page and a few others they will fall off some, have to replace a lot of production + QB.
4. Ftn. Lake - young team this past year and will be much improved, never count out the wing T.
5. Ashdown - they play Nashville close, but lose to someone they shouldn't, sounds like deja vu, right?
6. Malvern - strange to think they could miss the playoffs 2 straight years, I think they could get in over Ashdown or FL.
7. Mena - 7th is not a knock on Mena, they will be good but so will everyone else, give them another year or 2.
8. Bauxite - can only hope for move ins from Bryant or Benton, not much to work with at the present.

# 4-7 are fairly even, I don't think any order of those would necessarily be wrong, and any of those 4 could make the playoffs.

FBfan79

Looks good.  I think 7-4A as a whole wasn't that great on defense this year.  I will be looking forward to see who can step up on that side of the ball.  The count down begins.... can't wait.

AirItOut21

Mena will be the conference dark horse. They will finish in the top 3 of the conference.

Arkadelphia will beat Nashville and win the conference. They will have 6-8 3 year starters on next years team and some really good young talent. That should sound familiar to Nashville fans... (2015 Nashville team).

polksalet

Depends on what Robinson gets from relocation this summer.

scrapman

Quote from: polksalet on December 13, 2016, 06:57:52 pm
Depends on what Robinson gets from relocation this summer.
+1

kjjackson

In the old days it was Dequeen saying wait til next year, now its Arkadelphia?

polksalet

Ville will be likely starting 5-6 sophomores next year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas