• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

College Football Playoffs: Semi Final 2: Clemson vs Ohio State

Started by sevenof400, December 04, 2016, 05:12:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

In what should be the more interesting of the two matchups, who you got and why?

Personally, I'm leaning toward Clemson because of the QB advantage.  We shall see.

AirWarren

I've been a husky fan especially as a kid. I'm hoping for a miracle win over bama. Not likely.

Breitontime

bdubyab60

I'll take Clemson. They do seem to play to their competition. Watson will be the game changer

LRRandy

I'm thinking the Buckeye d will be able to keep Clemson in check. JT will find a way to win in the 4th qrtr. Buckeyes win.

LRRandy

WPWells

Clemson by 14. Ohio State's offense hasn't been able to move the ball against any halfway decent defense

LRRandy

Quote from: Fred Bird on December 04, 2016, 11:03:34 pm
Clemson by 14. Ohio State's offense hasn't been able to move the ball against any halfway decent defense
but the defense is elite and JT finds a way in the end. 14 points. Hahaha

mack

Quote from: LRRandy on December 05, 2016, 07:01:06 am
but the defense is elite and JT finds a way in the end. 14 points. Hahaha

Minimum 14 points.....

LRRandy

Quote from: mack on December 05, 2016, 07:21:03 am
Minimum 14 points.....
just because that's what you want to happen won't make it so. You guys are so b u t hurt its really funny. No way Clemson wins by 2 scores.

Valleysports

In a way I want ohio state to slip by with one more lucky win, but then again being over ranked is not their fault.  The Clemson would make a much better final.  Need some changes - Conference Championships are now meaningless & bowl games are nothing but exhibition games.  What has become bigger than bowl games, for other conferences, is the SEC teams first games.  lol. 

Coach Venny Slocombe

OSU will win this game...Urban is great in big games...then they will face Bama and a ticked off Saban...

sevenof400

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on December 05, 2016, 07:58:11 am
OSU will win this game...Urban is great in big games...then they will face Bama and a ticked off Saban...

Not for one second has Saban forgotten 2014. 
Until 2015, Alabama's national championships had righted some wrongs against former Alabama nemesis teams from years ago.  Saban will relish the opportunity to avenge that 2014 loss should it come to pass. 

mack

L
Quote from: LRRandy on December 05, 2016, 07:51:54 am
just because that's what you want to happen won't make it so. You guys are so b u t hurt its really funny. No way Clemson wins by 2 scores.

There are two t's in Gluteal pain.  We'll see how funny it is when they beat you by two scores.  10-17 points is my prediction. 

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: sevenof400 on December 05, 2016, 08:42:28 am
Until 2015, Alabama's national championships had righted some wrongs against former Alabama nemesis teams from years ago.  Saban will relish the opportunity to avenge that 2014 loss should it come to pass. 
I agree, Saban will kick OSU's tail...if they play...

LRRandy

Quote from: mack on December 05, 2016, 08:44:01 am
L
There are two t's in Gluteal pain.  We'll see how funny it is when they beat you by two scores.  10-17 points is my prediction.
if I don't space b u t hurt it auto corrects to truly upset. I like how in the span of a few hours you change your prediction from " minimum 14" down to 10-17. Heck, in three weeks you will decide that the Buckeyes will in fact win. I like it.

LRRandy

Quote from: sevenof400 on December 05, 2016, 08:42:28 am
i would like to see that matchup as well. Saban has elevated himself and that program to a historically high level. It's hard to expect anyone to beat them this year. However, I remember a 9 1/2 point underdog taking it to a Saban team that was ranked number one and expected to coast to a national title. It could happen.

Chief_Osceolaâ„¢

I haven't watched a lot of OSU this year, so Buckeye fans - how are OSU's corners?  They are going to be challenged all night.  Clemson has several big, physical, fast receivers.  Watson hasn't been as sharp this year as he was last year; he also hasn't tucked the ball and ran as much this year.  I think he's been trying to develop more into a pocket passer.  Anyway, I'm not going to make a pick based on my aforementioned unfamiliarity w/ OSU.  I think Clemson will score some points, but I'm still not sold on their defense.  We (FSU) managed to score 34 with a below-average Oline.  Granted, we have the best running back in the country.

LRRandy

Quote from: Chief_Osceolaâ„¢ on December 05, 2016, 10:53:38 am
I haven't watched a lot of OSU this year, so Buckeye fans - how are OSU's corners?  They are going to be challenged all night.  Clemson has several big, physical, fast receivers.  Watson hasn't been as sharp this year as he was last year; he also hasn't tucked the ball and ran as much this year.  I think he's been trying to develop more into a pocket passer.  Anyway, I'm not going to make a pick based on my aforementioned unfamiliarity w/ OSU.  I think Clemson will score some points, but I'm still not sold on their defense.  We (FSU) managed to score 34 with a below-average Oline.  Granted, we have the best running back in the country.
Conley is a second year starting cb, Lattimore is a first year starter, Hooker is a first year safety. All three are receiving first round grades. Ohio State has 19 interceptions on the year with 7 pick sixes. All three are long and athletic with speed to burn. It will be a great matchup considering how prolific the Clemson offense is specifically Watson and the other skill players.
McMillan is a first round draft pick middle linebacker and while the dline doesn't have a superstar there are several very good players including a true freshman name Bosa.

mack

Quote from: LRRandy on December 05, 2016, 09:21:09 am
if I don't space b u t hurt it auto corrects to truly upset. I like how in the span of a few hours you change your prediction from " minimum 14" down to 10-17. Heck, in three weeks you will decide that the Buckeyes will in fact win. I like it.

If you had double spaced you could have typed it,  B u t t you didn't.
I was just referring back to your post that it wouldn't be two scores, so I gave you a range.  Regardless,!you will lose by double digits.  There, is that better?

LRRandy

Quote from: mack on December 05, 2016, 01:24:19 pm

If you had double spaced you could have typed it,  B u t t you didn't.
I was just referring back to your post that it wouldn't be two scores, so I gave you a range.  Regardless,!you will lose by double digits.  There, is that better?
no. Come to the dark side.

Chief_Osceolaâ„¢

Quote from: LRRandy on December 05, 2016, 01:09:40 pm
Conley is a second year starting cb, Lattimore is a first year starter, Hooker is a first year safety. All three are receiving first round grades. Ohio State has 19 interceptions on the year with 7 pick sixes. All three are long and athletic with speed to burn. It will be a great matchup considering how prolific the Clemson offense is specifically Watson and the other skill players.
McMillan is a first round draft pick middle linebacker and while the dline doesn't have a superstar there are several very good players including a true freshman name Bosa.

They'll definitely be challenged - Williams will be the best WR they've seen all year.  Add to that Cain, Leggett (a TE that is also a great receiver), one other receiver who's name escapes me at the moment.  Also, Gallman is an above average RB with some speed.  I'm interested to see the secondary/receiver matchups, the LB/TE matchups, and if OSU's Dline can get pressure on Watson. 

I expect a high-scoring game.  Clemson's defense is decent, but it's not what it was last year.  Also Boulware is a punk.

mack

LRRandy

Quote from: Chief_Osceolaâ„¢ on December 05, 2016, 01:49:39 pm
They'll definitely be challenged - Williams will be the best WR they've seen all year.  Add to that Cain, Leggett (a TE that is also a great receiver), one other receiver who's name escapes me at the moment.  Also, Gallman is an above average RB with some speed.  I'm interested to see the secondary/receiver matchups, the LB/TE matchups, and if OSU's Dline can get pressure on Watson. 

I expect a high-scoring game.  Clemson's defense is decent, but it's not what it was last year.  Also Boulware is a punk.
thats what is great about the playoff. High profile teams squaring off. My initial thought is that it will be a low scoring game. If the opines hold up and both qb get time to throw there could be a lot of scoring.

LRRandy

Quote from: mack on December 05, 2016, 01:59:35 pm
Hmmm.... This one is a tough nut to crack!  He is strong......
lol. Good, good. I sense the anger building in you.

Lions84

Valleysports

Quote from: Chief_Osceolaâ„¢ on December 05, 2016, 10:53:38 am
I haven't watched a lot of OSU this year, so Buckeye fans - how are OSU's corners?  They are going to be challenged all night.  Clemson has several big, physical, fast receivers.

Chief I don't know much about Clemson, but Ohio St's defense has Big 10 speed. They certainly don't want to get in a foot race.  DE's not so good at containment.     

Chief_Osceolaâ„¢

Quote from: Valleysports on December 05, 2016, 03:55:29 pm
Chief I don't know much about Clemson, but Ohio St's defense has Big 10 speed. They certainly don't want to get in a foot race.  DE's not so good at containment.     

Hopefully the same can be said about FSU/Michigan.  We played Wisconsin in the Champs Sports Bowl in 2009, and our team speed made a huge difference.  I'm hoping the same holds true in the Orange Bowl.

mtindian42

Clemson will be a great test for the young  bucks. Should be a great ball game. Just hope my bucks are victorious in the end.

sevenof400

While I have not been that focused on the media as of late, with the little attention I did spend on today's games I am surprised how comparatively little attention this game has been given.  This really should be the better game today and I'm hoping for Clemson - Alabama rematch in the NCG.  We shall see though. 

LRRandy

It should be a great game. While the Buckeye passing game has been inconsistent and underwhelming JT Barrett has done what's necessary to win. ( maybe they should have had him blocking on the fg that got returned against PSU). The defensive backfield for the Buckeyes will give Watson fits. The big key will be how the Buckeye Dline plays. If they change the line of scrimmage and play in the Clemson backfield I like our chances.

31-27 Buckeyes. Marshon Lattimore has a pick 6. Curtis Samuel has 250 total yards.

This is going to be a fun day.

AirWarren

WPWells

sevenof400

LRRandy

Quote from: sevenof400 on December 31, 2016, 07:07:31 pm
MTIndian and Randy are worried.......
i told my sons, this is what watching tresselball was like. Not worried yet. Just not enjoying it like I want to.

WPWells

Clemson will beat Bama. I called that shot in October after they beat Louisville.

mtindian42

The D is doing there part Randy. We need the O to come to life!

cuckoobird

WPWells

Yep, just as I suspected: the B1G is massively overrated

cuckoobird

I had no idea it would be this bad but I did want clemson to win. You gotta like a guy named Dabo

AirWarren

mtindian42

Just not our night. It goes this way sometimes... The bucks was the youngest team in college football this year... We will be back for years to come...congrats to Clemson!

LRRandy

Quote from: LRRandy on December 31, 2016, 09:43:20 am
It should be a great game. While the Buckeye passing game has been inconsistent and underwhelming JT Barrett has done what's necessary to win. ( maybe they should have had him blocking on the fg that got returned against PSU). The defensive backfield for the Buckeyes will give Watson fits. The big key will be how the Buckeye Dline plays. If they change the line of scrimmage and play in the Clemson backfield I like our chances.

31-27 Buckeyes. Marshon Lattimore has a pick 6. Curtis Samuel has 250 total yards.

This is going to be a fun day.
several of these predictions were just a little off. Hard game to watch for me. I know many of you have enjoyed it. I was also wrong about how much fun this day would be. Oh well. Great job by Clemson.

cuckoobird

This goes to show you that winning your conference is important. I don't think they deserved to be in it to begin with

Pokey03

ACC has looked like the premier conference this bowl season, Clemson vs Bama will be a great juggernaut defensive battle. Freshman QB for Bama will have to step up big time.

Pokey03

Urban Meyer shut out first time in his career. I'm tearing down the goalposts at my house.

Valleysports

Ohio State is the best team in the Big 10, Conference Champs or not.  LRandy, sorry y'all didn't have a better showing. 

VHSCoach2

First time Ohio State has been shut out since their 1993 game against Michigan.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas