• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HC Lonoke

Started by purpleswag, December 03, 2016, 01:00:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Swilling

Lonoke would be significant raise.

wingman

Quote from: Pat Swilling on January 04, 2017, 10:05:09 am
Lonoke would be significant raise.

Not when you consider that the head coach at Des Arc gets a free house. He would be crazy to leave what he has right now with the talent that's coming up.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: wingman on January 04, 2017, 01:31:12 pm
Not when you consider that the head coach at Des Arc gets a free house. He would be crazy to leave what he has right now with the talent that's coming up.
I work for the IRS. What is that address? 

OB11

Quote from: Oldman on January 04, 2017, 01:36:16 pm
I work for the IRS. What is that address? 

Yes, please elaborate on that. Lol

Pick_DA_EAGLES

cuckoobird

January 04, 2017, 04:06:20 pm #55 Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 04:09:22 pm by cuckoobird
While some jobs have perks, they are still considered taxable income. Believe me I know and you two trying to sound brilliant could have just cost him a lot of money if it's ever looked into and found he hasn't been paying taxes

Iknewthemwhen

I bet if the school district really provides a house they have informed anybody that lives in it that its considered income.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: cuckoobird on January 04, 2017, 04:06:20 pm
While some jobs have perks, they are still considered taxable income. Believe me I know and you two trying to sound brilliant could have just cost him a lot of money if it's ever looked into and found he hasn't been paying taxes

I haven't said one thing about any perks, that's something I know nothing about. That's none of my business.

Pat Swilling

BOST DOUG Lonoke contract 2016-17 = $73,042.16

DRAKE WIDENER Dec Arc contract 2016-17 = $54,763.47

Free house or not the Lonoke job pays better

titan33

Quote from: Pat Swilling on January 05, 2017, 10:07:57 am
BOST DOUG Lonoke contract 2016-17 = $73,042.16

DRAKE WIDENER Dec Arc contract 2016-17 = $54,763.47

Free house or not the Lonoke job pays better

I can imagine Widener wants the job, I don't see why he wouldn't?? But I'm not sure if they want him in Lonoke..

Razorbacks48

sooooo if widener isn't applying accepting thinking about it debating or whatever else.....who is?

Iknewthemwhen

I'm sure, Hembree is.  His name is always mentioned for every job in state. 

Oldbadger

The amount of money paid for any coaching job is dependent on the years teaching and the educational level.  A coach with 25 years and a Master's will certainly earn more than a 2 year coach with a BS.  Hard to judge the difference in pay just looking at the pay chart unless you know these fact.

Iknewthemwhen

That and the payscale at each individual school.  A good deal of that depends on how important athletics is to a community and the school district.  Some schools have a way of coming up with coaching salaries.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: Oldbadger on January 05, 2017, 11:33:37 pm
The amount of money paid for any coaching job is dependent on the years teaching and the educational level.  A coach with 25 years and a Master's will certainly earn more than a 2 year coach with a BS.  Hard to judge the difference in pay just looking at the pay chart unless you know these fact.

depends a lot on the length of the head coaches contract.    Naturally if they are paid for 240 days it is a lot more than if they are paid for 220 days.

Though I've known several head football coaches paid for as little as 195 days.

nuttinbuthogs

Seems that the pay is dependent on a lot of things, base salary, duties, number of contract days, years experience, whatever the district wants to work up.  Some schools ask a lot of the coach and pay terrible then don't seem to understand why they do not win and cannot keep coaches.

Dayton Kitchens

If nothing else,  the booster club or simply the local community can pay a coach extra money themselves.   I know of more than one school where this runs into the tens of thousands of dollars every year.

Made

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on January 08, 2017, 08:47:31 pm
If nothing else,  the booster club or simply the local community can pay a coach extra money themselves.   I know of more than one school where this runs into the tens of thousands of dollars every year.
......who you trying to get fired?

Standard 5
An educator maintains integrity regarding the acceptance of any gratuity, gift, compensation or favor that might impair or appear to influence professional decisions or actions and shall refrain from using the educator's position for personal gain

Razorbacks48

this job has been posted for well over a month...any news or updates?

Big Country

Quote from: Razorbacks48 on January 09, 2017, 09:11:36 am
this job has been posted for well over a month...any news or updates?

Not for sure but I heard they wont hire till the summer.......which seems odd

Look A Here

Admin must not care about football, odd to wait until then and not get a off-season and summer to start a new coach's philosophy

Razorbacks48

seems very odd and strange...especially for a school that hasn't been one of the contending programs in recent years...i guess PICK was right about widener not going because i promise you he wouldn't be waiting to go in the summer if that were the case...

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Look A Here on January 09, 2017, 11:01:06 am
Admin must not care about football, odd to wait until then and not get a off-season and summer to start a new coach's philosophy

When I called it a basketball school I was being serious. I have my reasons to say that.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Razorbacks48 on January 09, 2017, 11:04:56 am
seems very odd and strange...especially for a school that hasn't been one of the contending programs in recent years...i guess PICK was right about widener not going because i promise you he wouldn't be waiting to go in the summer if that were the case...

This time I was sure of what I was saying.

RZback

Does seem strange.  You would think they would want to fill it at soon as possible, unless they were not happy with the applicants they got?

nuttinbuthogs

Who does hiring that late benefit?

cuckoobird

The desarc coach wanted it that way, so he could finish out the year living in a free house. I heard he is for sure the guy but no announcement will come until late may

nuttinbuthogs

I bet Des Arc will love that

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: cuckoobird on January 09, 2017, 10:04:15 pm
The desarc coach wanted it that way, so he could finish out the year living in a free house. I heard he is for sure the guy but no announcement will come until late may

You have no clue what you are talking about. Hes going to mena when prescott leaves or is it wynne?

cuckoobird

AirWarren

Quote from: cuckoobird on January 10, 2017, 10:40:05 am
Nope, Lonoke.

Upgrade from des arc to lonoke wouldn't you say?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: AirWarren on January 10, 2017, 12:28:59 pm
Upgrade from des arc to lonoke wouldn't you say?

Not for football.

Big Country

Has become a basketball and baseball school , and Lonoke isn't big enough to split athletes ......just my opinion

cuckoobird

Lonoke is definitely an upgrade over desarc for any sport.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: cuckoobird on January 10, 2017, 01:43:29 pm
Lonoke is definitely an upgrade over desarc for any sport.

Your screen name fits you perfectly

cuckoobird

How many titles does desarc have?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: cuckoobird on January 10, 2017, 02:34:06 pm
How many titles does desarc have?

1 just like lonoke and 3 runners up.

Iknewthemwhen

Interesting take on some coaches.  I thought Harper was going to Sheridan, that's if Vaughn doesn't, and Widener was going to Lonoke, where the heck did Prescott come in at, or is going out at?

cuckoobird

So, desarc is better place for a football coach how? It's the lowest division for football playing schools and it has 1 title.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on January 10, 2017, 03:20:27 pm
Interesting take on some coaches.  I thought Harper was going to Sheridan, that's if Vaughn doesn't, and Widener was going to Lonoke, where the heck did Prescott come in at, or is going out at?

I wondered if anybody would catch that, since none of its true.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: cuckoobird on January 10, 2017, 03:49:40 pm
So, desarc is better place for a football coach how? It's the lowest division for football playing schools and it has 1 title.

1 title is one title. Geez dude, the chances of winning a title is better at des arc. How long has it been since lonoke played after thanksgiving? Des arc has 4 years in a row. Its ok though.

Iknewthemwhen

Des Arc to Lonoke is a pretty nice jump, 2A to 4A, is a nice move up and for most coaches they want to move up. 

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on January 10, 2017, 04:28:32 pm
Des Arc to Lonoke is a pretty nice jump, 2A to 4A, is a nice move up and for most coaches they want to move up.

Only if the job is right. Look at prescot who went to bauxite and isn't even in coaching now. Harper did ok at searcy and is now at Mena maybe trying to go to Sheridan.  That's alot of moving around. Lonoke isn't competing with Warren, Nashville and the likes on a yearly basis. 

SUGARTOWN

January 10, 2017, 04:42:59 pm #94 Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 04:44:31 pm by SUGARTOWN
I don't really think ANY current head coach in 4A would leave their school and go to Des Arc. So...that means, ANY 4A job > Des Arc.

Nothing against Des Arc, but c'mon man, a 4A job is better job is better than a 2A job. If your coach is happy there then so be it, but it's not because of the "prestige" of Des Arc. Some people just don't to aspire to move up to bigger and better things.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on January 10, 2017, 04:42:59 pm
I don't really think ANY current head coach in 4A would leave their school and go to Des Arc. So...that means, ANY 4A job > Des Arc.

Nothing against Des Arc, but c'mon man, a 4A job is better job is better than a 2A job. If your coach is happy there then so be it, but it's not because of the "prestige" of Des Arc. Some people just don't to aspire to move up to bigger and better things.

The ONLY thing better at lonoke is the pay.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on January 10, 2017, 04:45:31 pm
The ONLY thing better at lonoke is the pay.

Top to bottom they have a greater number of athletes in the school than DA. Now, not all of them play football currently, but if the right coach goes in there and gets them going they could be tough EVERY year. This hire is huge for that school.

Razorbacks48

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on January 10, 2017, 04:42:59 pm

+1

cuckoobird

Lonoke without a coach would take desarc to the woodshed

Iknewthemwhen

First off, comparing a 2A school to a 4A school, as far as playing each other is a stretch.  I do however agree that 4A is better than 2A.  I'm not that familiar with Des Arc and it's facilities, how do they compare with Lonoke. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas