• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

***Texarkana Job Open*** (filled - Barry Norton)

Started by AHS06, November 18, 2016, 07:24:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nsuqb10

AHS06

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on December 08, 2016, 10:59:32 pm
if the guy can coach it doesn't matter what level it is.I would be willing to bet their's three or four coaches in 4A that could turn AHS program around
You're absolutely right.  Nashville's Dawson should've got the job in 2011.  Warren has a good coach.  You missed the point.

STUNNA

Rumor... but volarich might be their man.. would be a homerun hire if true

nsuqb10

That would be a heck of a hire, can they get him from Nashville?

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: AHS06 on December 09, 2016, 04:01:45 pm
You're absolutely right.  Nashville's Dawson should've got the job in 2011.  Warren has a good coach.  You missed the point.
well tell me what the point is

WorkOrder

Who all has applied for this job?

Sick Dog

Dont worry about where your coach is coming from, yall need to worry about where the next hire is going to take you. You all dont have the luxury to be picky. That guy at Fouke would be the best hire for your program at the state it is in now. He has coached big time ball before.

Wheres your Defense

Quote from: WorkOrder on December 15, 2016, 10:31:26 am
Who all has applied for this job?
I heard that Les Miles and John Gruden but neither one had enough experience for that job!![/img][/img]

AHS06

December 19, 2016, 05:28:23 am #58 Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 05:32:33 am by AHS06
Quote from: Sick Dog on December 15, 2016, 09:44:09 pm
Dont worry about where your coach is coming from, yall need to worry about where the next hire is going to take you. You all dont have the luxury to be picky. That guy at Fouke would be the best hire for your program at the state it is in now. He has coached big time ball before.
Are you from Texarkana or have any ties to A-High?  Otherwise, you have no valid input on our luxury to be picky.

AHS06

Quote from: Wheres your Defense on December 18, 2016, 06:48:47 pm
I heard that Les Miles and John Gruden but neither one had enough experience for that job!![/img][/img]
LOL

Sick Dog

i think yall need input from anyone outside of T town. Look at your program. No reason it shouldnt be better. I do have ties there and back in my day it was one of the best football programs in the state. Even though we lost to Pine Bluff in the championship game. We was there.

Valleysports

Consolidate with the Tigers, make the AR side a vo-tech school, get those kids an education & a football program.

AHS06

Quote from: Valleysports on December 19, 2016, 12:47:45 pm
Consolidate with the Tigers, make the AR side a vo-tech school, get those kids an education & a football program.
Most of our students have jumped across Stateline anyway.  So you might be onto something LOL

AHS06

Quote from: Sick Dog on December 19, 2016, 09:43:08 am
i think yall need input from anyone outside of T town. Look at your program. No reason it shouldnt be better. I do have ties there and back in my day it was one of the best football programs in the state. Even though we lost to Pine Bluff in the championship game. We was there.
I'm sure everyone who supports the Razorbacks are aware of the status of the program.   

Valleysports

Quote from: AHS06 on December 19, 2016, 02:15:09 pm
Most of our students have jumped across Stateline anyway.  So you might be onto something LOL
Ahhh c'mon ASH06 -  :(

nsuqb10

Closes the 31st according to website hear they have already started interviews with some candidates, anyone else hearing much

Pat Swilling

Any concrete names?  This has to be an attractive job for some.

Okieback

Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana guy....

GotInfo?

Word I hear is that Russellville asst. Lance Parker is in the mix.  He is former OC at Bryant.  Good, young coach.

nsuqb10

Heard interviews start next week, who are the out of state guys, and any word of volarvich is interested in coming?

scrapman

Quote from: nsuqb10 on January 06, 2017, 10:01:27 am
Heard interviews start next week, who are the out of state guys, and any word of volarvich is interested in coming?
If he was I'm sure he would be more interested in the other Ville up north.

nuttinbuthogs

So from a friend of a friend I hear a rumor about two folks at FV, Volarvich, and Dawson.  Anybody else hearing this?

STUNNA

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on January 08, 2017, 03:44:30 pm
So from a friend of a friend I hear a rumor about two folks at FV, Volarvich, and Dawson.  Anybody else hearing this?

Id guess both are gonna go after the fayetteville opening.

Pat Swilling

whoever they hire is gonna win some games.  Lot of young talent at AHS

nsuqb10

What are they doing with this job? If Dawson wants it he should get it bit who else is in on it.

Iknewthemwhen

Quote from: nsuqb10 on January 10, 2017, 03:50:09 pm
What are they doing with this job? If Dawson wants it he should get it bit who else is in on it.

Think Dawson would rather be in Texarkana than Russelville?

Lumberjackfan1978

No doubt Dawson will win wherever he's at he's already proved that.

Rida4Life

I'm doubting very seriously that Dawson or Volarivich would be interested.  They have their programs where they want them and would likely be taking a pay cut to come to AHS to rebuild in a city where at best they have the 3rd best program. 
I would start looking down in classifications at successful HCs there who want to move up.

nuttinbuthogs

Quote from: Rida4Life on January 11, 2017, 12:01:45 pm
I'm doubting very seriously that Dawson or Volarivich would be interested.  They have their programs where they want them and would likely be taking a pay cut to come to AHS to rebuild in a city where at best they have the 3rd best program. 
I would start looking down in classifications at successful HCs there who want to move up.

Sounds like you are saying the AHS doesn't have much to offer to an already successful coach at an upper classification program.

Rida4Life

yeah that's pretty much what I'm saying.
There was a time when this would have been one of the top jobs in the state.... but now it's not even the best job in Texarkana. 
Texas High
LE
Pleasant Grove
..... all better jobs for better pay at the moment..... and in a better part of town on top of that.

nchan

Out of curiosity: This job is also requiring them to be the AD, do you think that turns people off? Or would a HC like that better because they'd have more control?

hogalum05

How many kids does AHS really loose to other schools in the area?? Why the AD position with the HC job? I know this is how it's been, just sounds impossible to do right..

COACHemUP

If Rick Barker leaves Fouke for A High, which Im hearing is almost a done deal, he will put that school immediately back in relevance. Barker created a program at Fouke and got the absolute most out of what he had to work with.  Hate HATE that he may leave, I have a senior that was with him from 9th grade, and four more boys that has been growing up in his program. It will be a big loss for Fouke football if he does leave. Hard to sway quality coaches to come to Fouke.  Not sure if hiring from within is the answer either, even with Barkers mentor-ship they are still young with only 3-4 years experience.

nsuqb10

Hearing interviews start this coming week is this true? and if the Fouke HC is getting it why do interviews?

COACHemUP

Quote from: nsuqb10 on January 14, 2017, 03:10:28 pm
Hearing interviews start this coming week is this true? and if the Fouke HC is getting it why do interviews?

Of course its still rumor but I heard, from some people " in the know", that A High was interested in hiring him and that he was also interested in making a move to a bigger school.  Still hoping he stays in Fouke, i know the FB kids will be devastated.

nsuqb10

will be interesting to see how this shakes out.

AHS06

Quote from: Rida4Life on January 11, 2017, 12:10:26 pm
yeah that's pretty much what I'm saying.
There was a time when this would have been one of the top jobs in the state.... but now it's not even the best job in Texarkana. 
Texas High
LE
Pleasant Grove
..... all better jobs for better pay at the moment..... and in a better part of town on top of that.
At the moment the only job in TK that would more attractive than Arkansas High is Texas High. 

AHS06

Quote from: hogalum05 on January 13, 2017, 06:24:51 pm
How many kids does AHS really loose to other schools in the area?? Why the AD position with the HC job? I know this is how it's been, just sounds impossible to do right..
When Coach Keopple was at Arkansas High he only served as the HC and the AD was Coach Miller.  I've heard that money is not an issue to get the right Head Hog.  I don't know the exact number students lost but over the last decade Arkansas High has seen I decrease of about 300 students.  Most of these students leave Arkansas schools around middle to junior high.  Texarkana, Texas School District has built two additional elementary schools and expanded it's middle school.

nsuqb10

Tim Harper from Mena any other names I assume the Fouke coach

nuttinbuthogs

Word out there is that Harper is going to Sheridan?

whitefella1

RZback

Pat Swilling

Any way Texarkana goes out of state on this one?

Razorbacks48

Pat Swilling

I still say Barker would be an excellent hire.

ARHSRumors

Harper turned down Sheridan job last night, expect him to be in play for Texarkana.

AHS06

School board meeting is being live streamed right now with the anticipation of naming the new head coach and AD.

nsuqb10

Keep the board posted crazy they are live steaming you watching?

STUNNA

surely they can do better than harper?

XFalkonz

This is about to be the surprise of the year if what I hear actually happens

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas