• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pine Bluff High School "Respect or No Respect"

Started by TheESPNGuy, November 09, 2016, 10:12:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

zebradynasty

Quote from: ricepig on December 17, 2016, 05:03:58 pm
What you fail to understand, is I don't care where our recruits come from, you do. You also fail to account that no other SEC school thought these kids were worthy of an offer. How many were Prop 48 kids that couldn't get into the SEC or Big 12? The kids got their college education paid for, good for them.

2017 Class Arkansas commits from Arkansas:

Adcock, Nashville NO SEC offers
Jackson, Robinson NO SEC offers
Barnes, Cabot NO SEC offers

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 17, 2016, 05:15:03 pm

Looks good to me. Again, I don't care where the kids are from, name 3 commits to P5 schools from PBH for 2017. Also, I didn't realize the 2017 recruiting season was over.

zebradynasty

Quote from: ricepig on December 17, 2016, 05:24:54 pm
Looks good to me. Again, I don't care where the kids are from, name 3 commits to P5 schools from PBH for 2017. Also, I didn't realize the 2017 recruiting season was over.

Stop moving the goal post! First, well PBH kids didn't have P-5 offers. I listed others kids that didn't have a offer from a P-5, yet had an offer from Arkansas. Then well PBH kids need to have SEC offers. I listed other kids that didn't have a SEC offers yet got an offer from Arkansas. Now all the kids from PBH are Prop 48 despite not ONE shred of evidence that's why Arkansas passed.     

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 17, 2016, 06:06:37 pm
Stop moving the goal post! First, well PBH kids didn't have P-5 offers. I listed others kids that didn't have a offer from a P-5, yet had an offer from Arkansas. Then well PBH kids need to have SEC offers. I listed other kids that didn't have a SEC offers yet got an offer from Arkansas. Now all the kids from PBH are Prop 48 despite not ONE shred of evidence that's why Arkansas passed.     

I guess they don't like PBH. The only goalposts being moved are by you. I said to list the guys with P5 offers, someone did, except there was only a kicker listed in the past 4 years with one. I guess for the past 30 years, they haven't liked any of the recruits from PBH, seems simple to understand. You said they had all done well at a major college, which might be a stretch, to which I responded, there didn't seem to be any other SEC teams recruiting them, much less P5 schools. According to you, since Lou Holz was the head coach, there hasn't been a coach that could recognize talent. Again, I don't care where the recruits come from, be it Arkansas or elsewhere.

zebradynasty

Quote from: ricepig on December 17, 2016, 06:34:44 pm
I guess they don't like PBH. The only goalposts being moved are by you. I said to list the guys with P5 offers, someone did, except there was only a kicker listed in the past 4 years with one. I guess for the past 30 years, they haven't liked any of the recruits from PBH, seems simple to understand. You said they had all done well at a major college, which might be a stretch, to which I responded, there didn't seem to be any other SEC teams recruiting them, much less P5 schools. According to you, since Lou Holz was the head coach, there hasn't been a coach that could recognize talent. Again, I don't care where the recruits come from, be it Arkansas or elsewhere.

You don't have to care but stop acting like it's all in PBH fans head. I didn't say UA coaches can't recognize talent they know full well what is going on.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 17, 2016, 05:15:03 pm

ZD, quit providing facts...it blows Rice's mind. He is so far up CBB's butt it's crazy...in his mind CBB is the best coach we have ever had...

Made

yeah but at the same time 2 of those had p5 offers....so outside of one kid that was recruited i am still scratching my head on the arkansas hates pine bluff thing.....don't get me wrong, not a pig fan by any means, but who are you so hurt about that the pigs didn't recruit? john tate is the only one that I see in the past 5 years or so with a shot?

Made

Also he had an sec offer and chose memphis....so confused

ricepig

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on December 19, 2016, 02:17:53 pm
ZD, quit providing facts...it blows Rice's mind. He is so far up CBB's butt it's crazy...in his mind CBB is the best coach we have ever had...

Wrong as usual, and if you had the ability to comprehend, this isn't tied to any particular Arkansas coach.

ricepig

Quote from: Made on December 19, 2016, 02:43:28 pm
yeah but at the same time 2 of those had p5 offers....so outside of one kid that was recruited i am still scratching my head on the arkansas hates pine bluff thing.....don't get me wrong, not a pig fan by any means, but who are you so hurt about that the pigs didn't recruit? john tate is the only one that I see in the past 5 years or so with a shot?

Correct, which was the original criteria I used. As far as Tate goes, they signed Agim, Capps, Guidry, and Jonathan Marshall for the D-line, 1 5*, 2 4*, and a 3*.

Made

Quote from: ricepig on December 19, 2016, 03:05:00 pm
Correct, which was the original criteria I used. As far as Tate goes, they signed Agim, Capps, Guidry, and Jonathan Marshall for the D-line, 1 5*, 2 4*, and a 3*.
I understand what you are saying, trying to figure out his side more or less....as far as your stars go with that class tate was a 4 star was he not?

zebradynasty

Quote from: Made on December 19, 2016, 02:43:28 pm

Which kid listed has a P-5 offer? You're missing the point as well. IF...IF Arkansas never offered kids without a P-5 or SEC offer then I wouldn't have a argument. However, that has not been the case going back 30 years. My issue why a PBH athlete can't get an offer given the history of the program and the level of athletes produced. I mean people always say well PB should win a state championship every year given all the athletes we have...OK then why isn't the UA offering any of them? You can't have it both ways!   

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 19, 2016, 03:51:42 pm
Which kid listed has a P-5 offer? You're missing the point as well. IF...IF Arkansas never offered kids without a P-5 or SEC offer then I wouldn't have a argument. However, that has not been the case going back 30 years. My issue why a PBH athlete can't get an offer given the history of the program and the level of athletes produced. I mean people always say well PB should win a state championship every year given all the athletes we have...OK then why isn't the UA offering any of them? You can't have it both ways!

Some athletes are great high school players, if you have enough of them and a good staff, you can win championships. That doesn't mean there are D-I type athletes on it. The only people I see saying PBH should win a championship every are from PB, lol, kind of like GW. You'll have to ask the current and past coaches at both places why there haven't been any offers, it's obvious nobody on here knows.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: ricepig on December 19, 2016, 03:02:07 pm
Wrong as usual, and if you had the ability to comprehend, this isn't tied to any particular Arkansas coach.
Oh I can comprehend...you are the one who said last four years...not me, nor anyone else...

Iknewthemwhen

my question would be , Why? Why does UA not recruit these kids?

zebradynasty

Quote from: ricepig on December 19, 2016, 06:05:07 pm
Some athletes are great high school players, if you have enough of them and a good staff, you can win championships. That doesn't mean there are D-I type athletes on it. The only people I see saying PBH should win a championship every are from PB, lol, kind of like GW. You'll have to ask the current and past coaches at both places why there haven't been any offers, it's obvious nobody on here knows.

You're either being intellectually dishonest or just regular ole dishonest. You've been on this board for a decade nobody believes that you haven't seen a post (from someone not from PBH) about how PB should win every year. Especially when 7A vs 6A discussions come up!

Made

Adcock and Robinson both had offers from p5 schools Adcock big 12 and Robinson Big 10.

Made

why isn't the UA offering any of them? You can't have it both ways!   
ok you win.....who is it that the pigs missed? Who from PB should have been picked up

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 19, 2016, 06:56:47 pm
You're either being intellectually dishonest or just regular ole dishonest. You've been on this board for a decade nobody believes that you haven't seen a post (from someone not from PBH) about how PB should win every year. Especially when 7A vs 6A discussions come up!

Yeah, and I've read where GW was going to win it every year, and a whole lot of b.s. from bulldoger15, but that doesn't make it true, does it? Marn was going to punish, and some dude from WM always has them winning. If your basing the ranking of PBH on what is posted on FF, then I think we've found the problem.

ricepig

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on December 19, 2016, 06:32:28 pm
Oh I can comprehend...you are the one who said last four years...not me, nor anyone else...

Yes, 2013-2016 recruiting classes, this is the 2017 class. I also said who have they signed that hasn't started or contributed that didn't have a SEC offer. In the past 4 classes Liddell is the only player that didn't have a SEC offer, and he's started, thus worthy of the offer.

zebradynasty

Quote from: ricepig on December 19, 2016, 08:49:00 pm
Yeah, and I've read where GW was going to win it every year, and a whole lot of b.s. from bulldoger15, but that doesn't make it true, does it? Marn was going to punish, and some dude from WM always has them winning. If your basing the ranking of PBH on what is posted on FF, then I think we've found the problem.

No it's based upon years and years of a kid from PBH not getting an offer.

zebradynasty

Quote from: Made on December 19, 2016, 07:54:00 pm
Adcock and Robinson both had offers from p5 schools Adcock big 12 and Robinson Big 10.

Nope! Not good enough got to have a SEC offer.

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 19, 2016, 09:19:19 pm

Again, I said,"Name me who signed that didn't have a P5 offer in the last 4 years that hasn't contributed and shown they were worth it."  Of the guys you named, 2 have P5 offers, and of course, we have no way of knowing if the will contribute and show the were worthy of an offer. They also are this year, not in the past 4.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: ricepig on December 19, 2016, 08:56:01 pm
Yes, 2013-2016 recruiting classes, this is the 2017 class. I also said who have they signed that hasn't started or contributed that didn't have a SEC offer. In the past 4 classes Liddell is the only player that didn't have a SEC offer, and he's started, thus worthy of the offer.
Well then, that would be your boy CBB...so I guess I was right and you were wrong as usual...lol ;D

ricepig

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on December 20, 2016, 10:11:43 am
Well then, that would be your boy CBB...so I guess I was right and you were wrong as usual...lol ;D

Who are the players that haven't contributed?

whitefella1

Zebradynasty, I probably missed it in a previous post but saying you are correct in your thoughts about the University not recruiting Pine Bluff athletes , what reason would cause them to do that?

Made

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 19, 2016, 09:19:19 pm
Tate had an SEC offer and didn't take it???? So why does it have to be an SEC offer.....An SEC team lost out to Memphis really???

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/198952/john-tate

maybe the piglets knew he didn't want to be in the sec?

zebradynasty

Quote from: Made on December 20, 2016, 11:14:13 pm
Tate had an SEC offer and didn't take it???? So why does it have to be an SEC offer.....An SEC team lost out to Memphis really???

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/198952/john-tate

maybe the piglets knew he didn't want to be in the sec?

I never mention Tate nor was I the one initiated the SEC offer criteria. I was just going along, it didn't make sense to me either.

zebradynasty

Quote from: whitefella1 on December 20, 2016, 06:36:23 pm
Zebradynasty, I probably missed it in a previous post but saying you are correct in your thoughts about the University not recruiting Pine Bluff athletes , what reason would cause them to do that?

I believe it's because PB has never made an effort to direct it's best players to the Hill. Really, it's a question the Unversity should have to answer!

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: ricepig on December 20, 2016, 03:39:29 pm
Who are the players that haven't contributed?
About the 4 years Rice...stay on track here...and I could care less anyway. PBH has been stubbed historically since the early nineties and it is really stupid to even argue it. Too many good players passed on...

ricepig

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on December 21, 2016, 08:02:02 am
About the 4 years Rice...stay on track here...and I could care less anyway. PBH has been stubbed historically since the early nineties and it is really stupid to even argue it. Too many good players passed on...

I'm on track, which kids didn't contribute on the Hill, or is this just the Venny version?

zebradynasty

Quote from: ricepig on December 21, 2016, 08:21:12 am
I'm on track, which kids didn't contribute on the Hill, or is this just the Venny version?

You are making a HUGE assumption that our coaches consciously and subjectively looked at these kids and KNEW they would be starters or major contributors early. That somehow they knew but the rest of the SEC coaches didn't see it. Given the large gap in talent level Arkansas has vs the top SEC teams... I think the most likely scenario is that even a blind squirrel finds a nut! 

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 21, 2016, 09:43:49 am
You are making a HUGE assumption that our coaches consciously and subjectively looked at these kids and KNEW they would be starters or major contributors early. That somehow they knew but the rest of the SEC coaches didn't see it. Given the large gap in talent level Arkansas has vs the top SEC teams... I think the most likely scenario is that even a blind squirrel finds a nut!

No........I'm saying the kids were able to contribute, so that shows the coach's evaluations were correct. Do you think they said, "let's offers these kids because no one else has"??? I don't know why they haven't offered kids from PBH, I doubt they are purposely avoiding them for 30 years, do you think they have?

zebradynasty

Quote from: ricepig on December 21, 2016, 11:48:57 am
No........I'm saying the kids were able to contribute, so that shows the coach's evaluations were correct. Do you think they said, "let's offers these kids because no one else has"??? I don't know why they haven't offered kids from PBH, I doubt they are purposely avoiding them for 30 years, do you think they have?

YES! Now do I have a recording of a coach or an UA official saying so? NO! What I do have is over 30 years of observations. If Pine Bluff was a program like Walnut Ridge, hardly ever make the state playoffs, seldom has any kids making all-state...I'am talking about a program with nearly 800 victories, a program that holds nearly every state record in Track and Field in the sprints, a program that has produced All-Conference, NFL players, Hall of Famers... Should not take that much effort to recruit here yet when it comes to PBH, UA has little to show. 

Iknewthemwhen

I don't really know much about why the UA doesn't recruit PB.  If the PB players are athletically D1 caliber I would say,just guessing, grades or behavior for a starting place if there is a legit reason for not offering.  If they are D1 caliber and grades or behavior is not the reason, then I think something is shady.  I do keep in mind that over the last 30 years there have been several different HC at UA and PB.  Is the relationship that bad between the schools?  Strange!!

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 21, 2016, 02:41:37 pm
YES! Now do I have a recording of a coach or an UA official saying so? NO! What I do have is over 30 years of observations. If Pine Bluff was a program like Walnut Ridge, hardly ever make the state playoffs, seldom has any kids making all-state...I'am talking about a program with nearly 800 victories, a program that holds nearly every state record in Track and Field in the sprints, a program that has produced All-Conference, NFL players, Hall of Famers... Should not take that much effort to recruit here yet when it comes to PBH, UA has little to show.

Hindsight is 20/20, you knew all those guys would be All-Conference, NFL players, or HOF?? There's no doubt some were Prop 48's, some were late bloomers, and some were missed, but I doubt there is a written rule in the BAC not to recruit football players out of PBH. Unfortunately, if there was, it's been hauled off with the demolition, lol.

zebradynasty

Quote from: ricepig on December 21, 2016, 03:24:32 pm
Hindsight is 20/20, you knew all those guys would be All-Conference, NFL players, or HOF?? There's no doubt some were Prop 48's, some were late bloomers, and some were missed, but I doubt there is a written rule in the BAC not to recruit football players out of PBH. Unfortunately, if there was, it's been hauled off with the demolition, lol.

Why does the Prop 48 keep coming up? The players listed below are what I call BIG misses I'm not aware of anything concerning grades or Prop 48 except for Skelton and Shabazz. L some went to schools more academically acclaimed than the UA! UA loves to use the excuse of "late bloomer" when it comes to Willie Roaf but really how hard was it to see 6'-5" 260lbs long arms, had footwork like a WR being a OT at a major college! ::) 

'98 Demoine Adams- Nebraska *NFL,CFL
'99 Johnathon Chisim - Rice
'00 Mark Bradley -Oklahoma * NFL
'02 Scott Wesley - Army
'02 Justin Bass- Louisiana Tech
'04 Colin Pelton- SMU
'04 Martell Mallett -Bowling Green *NFL, CFL 2009 ROY
'05 David Johnson- Ark St * NFL
'09 Claude Johnson- Ark St (offers from Tenn)
'11 Joseph Treadwell - Louisiana Monroe
'14 Austin Mcgee- Pudue
'16 John Tate- Memphis
'16 David Beasley-La Tech

Honarable Mentions
'16 Ladarius Skelton - (Landers Award winner)
'81 Danny Bradley-Oklahoma (big 8 opy) (Big 8 MVP)
'85 Eric Mitchell-Oklahoma(parade h.s All American)
'88 Willie Roaf- La Tech NFL (pro football hall of fame)
'90 Basil Shabazz - UAPB (Considered the best high school athlete in Arkansas History )
'91 Robert Woodus Jr- Miami

Iknewthemwhen

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 21, 2016, 06:14:26 pm
Why does the Prop 48 keep coming up? The players listed below are what I call BIG misses I'm not aware of anything concerning grades or Prop 48 except for Skelton and Shabazz. L some went to schools more academically acclaimed than the UA! UA loves to use the excuse of "late bloomer" when it comes to Willie Roaf but really how hard was it to see 6'-5" 260lbs long arms, had footwork like a WR being a OT at a major college! ::) 

'98 Demoine Adams- Nebraska *NFL,CFL
'99 Johnathon Chisim - Rice
'00 Mark Bradley -Oklahoma * NFL
'02 Scott Wesley - Army
'02 Justin Bass- Louisiana Tech
'04 Colin Pelton- SMU
'04 Martell Mallett -Bowling Green *NFL, CFL 2009 ROY
'05 David Johnson- Ark St * NFL
'09 Claude Johnson- Ark St (offers from Tenn)
'11 Joseph Treadwell - Louisiana Monroe
'14 Austin Mcgee- Pudue
'16 John Tate- Memphis
'16 David Beasley-La Tech

Honarable Mentions
'16 Ladarius Skelton - (Landers Award winner)
'81 Danny Bradley-Oklahoma (big 8 opy) (Big 8 MVP)
'85 Eric Mitchell-Oklahoma(parade h.s All American)
'88 Willie Roaf- La Tech NFL (pro football hall of fame)
'90 Basil Shabazz - UAPB (Considered the best high school athlete in Arkansas History )
'91 Robert Woodus Jr- Miami

Prop 48 comes up because the SEC didn't accept them long before other conferences had to stop due to a change in NCAA regulations. I pointed that out to you, but you conveniently skipped it. Without knowing the grades/scores of particular players, it's a possibility that has to be considered. I realize some school had higher academic standings, they still admitted Prop 48 players. It's like the SEC rule on JUCO's, they have to pass College Algebra to be accepted into a SEC member school, we've missed several due to that regulation.

As far as Roaf, wouldn't you say everyone else missed out on him? Why don't you tell me who will sign with a FBS school out of this class that will shine, you seem to have the ability to see into the future.

zebradynasty

Quote from: ricepig on December 21, 2016, 07:26:15 pm
Prop 48 comes up because the SEC didn't accept them long before other conferences had to stop due to a change in NCAA regulations. I pointed that out to you, but you conveniently skipped it. Without knowing the grades/scores of particular players, it's a possibility that has to be considered. I realize some school had higher academic standings, they still admitted Prop 48 players. It's like the SEC rule on JUCO's, they have to pass College Algebra to be accepted into a SEC member school, we've missed several due to that regulation.

As far as Roaf, wouldn't you say everyone else missed out on him? Why don't you tell me who will sign with a FBS school out of this class that will shine, you seem to have the ability to see into the future.

I didn't forget I called it BS two pages ago! Your not saying it's possible they were Prop 48 so Arkansas passed you saying that IS what happen. No one around here remembers any talk of Prop 48 was holding these players back from Arkansas when they were coming out of high school. You look up their Bios or L talk them right now none of them say, "I was Prop 48".

I'm not clairvoyant just IF you looked at how Roaf moved (He could have played college basketball) and then you saw the size of his dad and the size of his mom ....yeah he was going to get much bigger. Mark Bradley was probably the second best track athlete ever at PB ran a 4.3 forty.     

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: ricepig on December 21, 2016, 08:21:12 am
Quote from: ricepig on December 21, 2016, 11:48:57 am
Yeah, CBB's evals were so accurate that it got us to a whopping 7-5...lol...give it up Rice, the UofA has missed out on some really good players from PB...Late bloomer or not Willie Roaf is a HOF player and the UA missed him...heck Rice look at the kid from Strong that the UA missed on that is now playing for the Ravens...Yeah buddy...face it, the coaches on the hill are buffoons...

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 21, 2016, 09:41:18 pm
I didn't forget I called it BS two pages ago! Your not saying it's possible they were Prop 48 so Arkansas passed you saying that IS what happen. No one around here remembers any talk of Prop 48 was holding these players back from Arkansas when they were coming out of high school. You look up their Bios or L talk them right now none of them say, "I was Prop 48".

I'm not clairvoyant just IF you looked at how Roaf moved (He could have played college basketball) and then you saw the size of his dad and the size of his mom ....yeah he was going to get much bigger. Mark Bradley was probably the second best track athlete ever at PB ran a 4.3 forty.   

Correct, no one knows, so it's definitely a possibility on some. I know several kids from the state of Arkansas received scholarships from ASU because they were still able to accept Prop 48 kids, as were other FBS schools. I told you Arkansas misses on kids, no one said they didn't, I don't think that was ever debated. You keep asking why they haven't been recruiting players from PBH, I offered you a reason or possibility on some.

ricepig

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on December 21, 2016, 10:20:12 pm
Yeah, CBB's evals were so accurate that it got us to a whopping 7-5...lol...give it up Rice, the UofA has missed out on some really good players from PB...Late bloomer or not Willie Roaf is a HOF player and the UA missed him...heck Rice look at the kid from Strong that the UA missed on that is now playing for the Ravens...Yeah buddy...face it, the coaches on the hill are buffoons...

Well, you need to ask Hatfield and Petrino why they didn't offer Roaf and Strong, I'm sure they'll tell you. Petrino wanted a bigger back out of Oklahoma, and went against his RB coach's recommendation, I wouldn't have any idea why Hatfield made his choice. You're like Z, always the MMQB, it's a lot easier that way, huh.....

Iknewthemwhen

I would say that at least part of UA's problem is the expectations of the UA fan base.  How many D 1's does Arkansas produce in comparison to other states?  Fans want UA to take AR kids that get a lot of hype and sometimes we miss on others that are better college types.

zebradynasty

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on December 22, 2016, 11:22:58 am
I would say that at least part of UA's problem is the expectations of the UA fan base.  How many D 1's does Arkansas produce in comparison to other states?  Fans want UA to take AR kids that get a lot of hype and sometimes we miss on others that are better college types.

Prime example the Springdale 3. Nut didn't want them at least not all three but pressure from others made him pull out all stops to sign all of them.

Iknewthemwhen

If I recall, he had to take all to get one, and the coach that came with the package.

ricepig

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on December 22, 2016, 11:44:49 am
If I recall, he had to take all to get one, and the coach that came with the package.

Yeah, and it was 5, I believe, Mustain, Williams, Cleveland, Webb(ND), and I think another one that slips my mind.

Edit: Andrew Norman, went to Tulsa.

Iknewthemwhen

Williams turned out to have a pretty good college caareer, what about the rest.

ricepig

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on December 22, 2016, 12:18:21 pm
Williams turned out to have a pretty good college caareer, what about the rest.

Webb ended up getting hurt and never playing, I believe, Cleveland was so-so, and I know you know Mustain's career.

Iknewthemwhen

This is what I'm talking about, top notch signees that didn't pan out.  Who is helping guiding these picks.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas