• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7A playoffs.... Cabot at Bentonville West on Thursday (now confirmed)

Started by Razorback Red, November 04, 2016, 09:42:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback Red

Nice job by BWHS for a great first season and hosting a playoff game, but they will be no match for Cabot in this one.  Cabot will be a huge favorite on the road and will pound the ball up the middle all night. 

Can't see this one being close, Cabot by 28. 

ITguy96

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it up for this one since it's being played on a Thursday night. If it was Friday I would be there. Many Cabot fans who would have planned to be there including myself will now not be able to make it now. Sad for the Cabot fans, could have been a good turnout.

VHSCoach2

I saw that this game was on Thursday in a post over on the 5A board, so I ventured over here to see why it's on Thursday instead of Friday.

Any insight?

ricepig

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on November 08, 2016, 09:20:22 am
I saw that this game was on Thursday in a post over on the 5A board, so I ventured over here to see why it's on Thursday instead of Friday.

Any insight?

They share the stadium with Bentonville, so, they're playing on Thursday.

Razorback Red

I'm ready for some Thurs night football.  That gives me 3 straight nights of attending the West game, Tiger game and Hogs game. 

sportsguy80

Quote from: Razorback Red on November 09, 2016, 08:41:45 pm
I'm ready for some Thurs night football.  That gives me 3 straight nights of attending the West game, Tiger game and Hogs game.
Yes sir!

AA Insider

Proud Buckaroo

Yes. I second that one. Will there be a live stream.

Also.. I know this is Bentonville west first year. But, when will they decide to build their own stadium? Lots of revenue in Bentonville over the last 10 years. I remember when my Aunt first moved down there; she actually lives more towards Gravette. But, there wasn't much of anything down there then. Figure someone would make a donation in the future to build one for them.

AA Insider

Razorback Red

I'm looking forward to seeing JBarnes play tonight in person.  The last time I saw him was on the hardwood when he shut MMonk down in the title game.  Still can't see how he didn't win the MVP of that game!

AA Insider

Quote from: Razorback Red on November 10, 2016, 06:08:20 pm
I'm looking forward to seeing JBarnes play tonight in person.  The last time I saw him was on the hardwood when he shut MMonk down in the title game.  Still can't see how he didn't win the MVP of that game!

I agree with that last statement. Hope he is back 100% for tonight look forward to tuning in

Razorback Red

Quote from: AA Insider on November 10, 2016, 06:05:42 pm
Thanks!

I would also suggest following Henry Apple (@nwahenry) on Twitter.  He does a great job covering HS games. 

AA Insider

It's working for me got it hooked into big screen. Go to the website choose Bentonville west and click play is how I done it

bulldoghistorian

bbishop

bbishop

businesstron

I left when Cabot went up 48-27 but I'm impressed with Bentonville West.    Will Jarret and that Jackson kidd are good players and probably starting next year they will be a solid #4 in the conference.  In two years they'll be competing for the top spot.   

Cabot looked good too.  Their QB was playing at a different speed but their running back ran hard and did good too especially #40 in the second half.    #55 and 56 or 53 on the defense line killed West all night.    It should be a good game with NLR next week.

AA Insider

I agree next week @nlr will be a good game with Barnes back 100%. The old saying it's hard to beat the same team twice in one year. We will see next week

Razorback Red

Quote from: businesstron on November 10, 2016, 09:23:13 pm
I left when Cabot went up 48-27 but I'm impressed with Bentonville West.    Will Jarret and that Jackson kidd are good players and probably starting next year they will be a solid #4 in the conference.  In two years they'll be competing for the top spot.   

Cabot looked good too.  Their QB was playing at a different speed but their running back ran hard and did good too especially #40 in the second half.    #55 and 56 or 53 on the defense line killed West all night.    It should be a good game with NLR next week.

As always, Cabot has a solid running game and Barnes adds that extra dimension.  What shocked me was how much lack of speed they had on D.  They do have a couple of big boys on the Dline that got to the West QB quite often. 

Razorback Red

Quote from: Razorback Red on November 04, 2016, 09:42:45 pm
Nice job by BWHS for a great first season and hosting a playoff game, but they will be no match for Cabot in this one.  Cabot will be a huge favorite on the road and will pound the ball up the middle all night. 

Can't see this one being close, Cabot by 28.

Not too often I hit one right on, but my 28 pt prediction was dead on at 62-34. 

Wendell Robinson

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 10, 2016, 04:59:05 pm
Also.. I know this is Bentonville west first year. But, when will they decide to build their own stadium?

They have the turf down for practice purposes and lights are up as well. Not sure when the completion date is scheduled for the actual stadium but I don't think it will be too much longer.

WPWells

Razorback Red

Quote from: Wendell Robinson on November 10, 2016, 10:08:54 pm
They have the turf down for practice purposes and lights are up as well. Not sure when the completion date is scheduled for the actual stadium but I don't think it will be too much longer.

It was a hot topic at this week's school board meeting.  Bentonville has 3 new elementary's, a new middle school, a new junior high school and a 3rd HS to build by 2025, so getting another millage to pass for the stadium will be tough.

They need just over $3M and it sounds like the district might kick in the first $2M, so however long it takes to fundraise another million?  I would guess they'll find a way to complete it in the next 24 months. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas