• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prescott at Horatio

Started by Curleywolf Fan, October 01, 2016, 01:21:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Curleywolf Fan

Prescott should take care of business in this game.

duecek

duecek

stephenAmaxx

Quote from: duecek on October 01, 2016, 01:30:30 pm
Prescott 62 Horatio 0

Would you say Prescott could win this with their Redshirts???

duecek

They definately will. To say there's not a lot either intentional or not would be ignorant.

duecek

Might be because plenty of the kids get held back academically. Might not be intentional but it happens

stephenAmaxx

That's RIDICULOUS, I mean the blasphemy I see on some of these threads it's just unbelievable.. To sit up here and assume that just because some kids are bigger faster and stronger than other kids the reason that being is that they're being held back academically.... You're not only questioning the intellect of Players but the Integrity of Coaches here...I think I speak for all coaches (though I'm not one)when I say If a player fails me in the classroom he'll fail me on the field no matter how good he is it'll EVENTUALLY happen, I have to be able to hold you ACCOUNTABLE on and OFF THE FIELD. The Best ability is? AVAILABILITY

Smackover Fan

This is getting ridiculous. More kids come out to play for more successful programs. That's the beginning and end. I'm sure there are similar sized and able kids at each school, but with a losing team, no one wants to play. Smackover had some rough years pre2005 and a couple after, but when they started winning, we got more players. Topic at hand, Prescott wins by a comfortable margin.

RabidWolf

That's exactly right. You pair a very successful va4sity program with a a coaching staff that's been together for several years and are all involved with 7th-9th grade, you have players that are comfortable with the system, take workout and practice very seriously. That plus alot of very gifted players gets you a program like Prescott, smackover, Nashville etc

RabidWolf

And you can't base it off size or speed. As Prescott starts several sophomores and juniors. And our Jr high team has alot of incredible talent that has NOT been "held back" at all.

duecek

Alright everybody i apologize. I just remember when I played winning or losing didn't dictate turnout. Everybody just wanted to play. And at the same time back then most of the teams we played and our team were all pretty equal in numbers and size. There weren't near as many lopsided scores either.

RabidWolf

Sadly, turnout is based on that. If a team goes year after year struggling to win, kids won't play. It's sad, but a fact. Several years ago, Prescott was struggling and had very low numbers. 1-9. The next year, we make it to War Memorial. The following year we probably dressed 70 (if I remember right) and it's just grown and grown.

Also, if a talented kid is at a school that isn't very good, it's not uncommon for those kids to transfer to a nearby program.  It's not illegal. But certain programs do a bettee job of developing and utilizing talent than others. And, for whatever reason, some communities just are more blessed athletically than others.

Skip

Quote from: stephenAmaxx on October 01, 2016, 03:33:06 pm

Would you say Prescott could win this with their Redshirts???
What do you mean by Redshirts?

stephenAmaxx

Quote from: Skip on October 02, 2016, 08:09:46 am
What do you mean by Redshirts?

It was actually a sarcastic shot at duecek, Mr. Skip.. Maybe you should ask him he's the one that made a entire thread about Redshirts Not Me

Carljung

Quote from: duecek on October 01, 2016, 03:35:40 pm
They definately will. To say there's not a lot either intentional or not would be ignorant.
Like Horatio in baseball? Oh that's right those kids just "transfer" in...smh

duecek

Aw come on now...this is football

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: duecek on October 02, 2016, 10:29:24 am
Aw come on now...this is football

So, it's okay to do it when it's baseball?

couch-coach06

Quote from: Carljung on October 02, 2016, 09:35:45 am
Like Horatio in baseball? Oh that's right those kids just "transfer" in...smh

NICE

duecek

Lol only a few. Most are home grown

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: duecek on October 02, 2016, 12:43:11 pm
Lol only a few. Most are home grown

Then you have 100% contradicted everything you were trying to imply. Congratulations.

duecek

How? Every so often a couple will transfer. They still don't have large number of players. And they still all small. Most are probably under 160. They don't mirror college teams in size.

duecek

The reason they win is not superior athletic ability. Because they definatley don't have that. So I don't known how I contradicted my self on anything. It's the superior coaching. If Spigner left do you think they would win? He brings out the best in the kids and they give him 100 percent. They believe they can win no matter who they play. In football they lay down against teams that are supposed to beat em.

KOJACK

Quote from: duecek on October 02, 2016, 01:52:43 pm
The reason they win is not superior athletic ability. Because they definatley don't have that. So I don't known how I contradicted my self on anything. It's the superior coaching. If Spigner left do you think they would win? He brings out the best in the kids and they give him 100 percent. They believe they can win no matter who they play. In football they lay down against teams that are supposed to beat em.
Yea...way different than football right??? ::)

duecek

It is. In football one team has 6 foot 6 receivers do you think a 5 ft 8 corner or safety can handle that? You think 150 pound lineman can handle a 280 pound lineman?. Size doesn't matter near as much in high school baseball. In Highschool football it's a huge factor

Proud Buckaroo

Tell that to Smackover's 5'6. 155lb starting sophmore DB.... lol.

duecek

On average idiot. Of course there will be exceptions. If size don't matter why aren't there 150 pound lineman in the NFL? I wonder.

Proud Buckaroo

Now we are resorting to name calling. First you were a racist. Then you started making assumptions. Now this... Lollll.

Proud Buckaroo

And this isn't the NFL. This is high school...

Clara Allen

This is something else. 
I remember when Prescott wasn't that great.  I know first hand twice in the last six years, that they have a solid program.   "Redshirts" or not.  That's silly.  I have 8th grade 13 year olds with beards that you boys would only dream of. 
I agree- success bring folks out.  That and a solid base program- like a good organized pee wee group. 

Carljung

This guys feelings are hurt because Centerpoint brought them back to reality. They slipped by an injured down Gurdon team then got their hopes up and now it's back to reality. Centerpoint killed them and Prescott will as well. I have no idea what this "redshirt" crap is... sounds like a pathetic guy grasping at straws.

duecek

Don't act like one. If you've ever played a down of football you might understand. I played safety and i can tell you at 5ft10 140 a 6ft6 190 pound receiver is gonna give you a very hard time if they are any good and the qb can place the ball where it needs to be. and racism in general is believing that one race is superior or inferior to another. Nothing I've ever said implies that. Nor do I believe that. Illegals aren't a race anyway. It's anybody that is in this country illegally. Just like a ban on muslims entering the country till they can be vetted properly isn't racist. Muslim isn't a race. Stop trying throw the race card and talk football. I've already apologized for getting off topic yesterday yet some of you keep pushin it. Just like a liberal

duecek

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 02, 2016, 04:10:06 pm
And this isn't the NFL. This is high school...
So in highschool a 150 pound lineman can handle a 280 pound lineman? Lol just not the in the NFL?

Proud Buckaroo

No, buddy. I'm far from acting like one. You are the one making assumptions that because Centerpoint/Prescott are illegally holding kids back and playing them in sports because they are bigger than kids you would have at Horatio.. That my friend is acting like one. It has nothing to do with how big a kid is when it comes to his athletic ability. I watched a 5'7, 175 lb kid out play a kid far bigger than him at LB position.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: duecek on October 02, 2016, 04:30:32 pm

So in highschool a 150 pound lineman can handle a 280 pound lineman? Lol just not the in the NFL?

I've never seen a 150lb lineman in high school and if Horatio has one... Then maybe you should put some weight on the kid and get him in the weight room.

duecek

I didn't say they were illegally holding kids back. If you knew anything about it they can be held back perfectly legal. It's a common practice some places and all I was asking was if it occurs there. And like I said there are exceptions. But put that 175 pound lb against a 275 pound lb with equal atheticism and see who comes out on top.

duecek

You've never seen a 150 pound lineman in highschool? Are you serious? Lol maybe 160 wet and with full pads on. Sorry I was 10 pounds off

duecek

Don't let the programs you can buy at the games and maxpreps rosters fool you. I was a buck 40 and they had me listed as 165. Maxpreps has horatios rb alex Martin listed as 5'8" 165. I'd be willing to bet after seein him it's more like 130 to 140

Proud Buckaroo

I don't use maxpreps rosters and "programs" tell me any height/weight of Smackover kids.. I KNOW their weight/height. 

duecek

You said you've never seen a 150 pound lineman in highschool. So you basically believe you KNOW all the linemans weights across the state? Nobody is talking about snack overs lineman anyway lol. Over the years horatio has had several lightweight lineman.

Carljung

So using your logic the linebacker y'all had last year, Jones, was a redshirt right. I mean cmon a 250 lb linebacker... Prescott or hardly any other 3A teams have those... See how stupid you sound?

duecek

They have to use what they have. He was bigger than half the lineman. It really gave them a lot of success last year huh. You pick out ONE player that had some size.

Carljung

Quote from: duecek on October 02, 2016, 05:14:57 pm
They have to use what they have. He was bigger than half the lineman. It really gave them a lot of success last year huh. You pick out ONE player that had some size.
Yes...about as much as this year. So was he a redshirt or not? You didn't answer the question. Y'all had so many linemen last year y'all moved jones to fullback...must be nice. Don't y'all have a 6'4" fullback this year as well?

duecek

Lol are u crazy? So many lineman? On a different team he probably would have been a lineman. Same as the one this year. Horatio seems to always put one of their only bigger guys at fullback. Why? Because the line is so small on average ur not gonna create many holes or get a push. So heck put the ball in a big guys hand and let him create his own hole

duecek

And you still tryina be sarcastic and act like redshirting doesn't happen in places. Do some research. I beg you. Why do you think they starting enacting rules on it.

duecek

Back to the topic tho Prescott will beat horatio soundly then choke in playoffs.

HeadBussa08

This is the dumbest thread I have ever seen Hands Down lol

duecek

Your username is the dumbest I've ever seen hands down :D. Head "bussa" good lord

Carljung

Quote from: duecek on October 02, 2016, 06:34:51 pm
Your username is the dumbest I've ever seen hands down :D. Head "bussa" good lord
And You are a moron. I will give you credit though. Normally there are no Horatio threads but with your ignorance this may be a three pager...way to make your team relevant LOL

duecek

They are more relevant in baseball than Prescott is at anything. Lol watch Prescott choke again this year

HorseFeathers

Quote from: duecek on October 02, 2016, 06:48:02 pm
They are more relevant in baseball than Prescott is at anything. Lol watch Prescott choke again this year

Losing in the semis to the state champ is choking?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas