• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sumlin

Started by LRRandy, May 05, 2016, 11:51:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LRRandy

He seems to have a problem controlling a program as large as aTm. With the exodus of 5 star qb's last December and the different layers that this most recent in incident involves Sumlin may just be better suited for OC and not head coach. That or Aggie is just gonna Aggie.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2638080-sec-extra-points-recruiting-debacle-wont-cool-kevin-sumlins-hot-seat

beach bum

That assistant coach is an idiot. I would take his comment seriously about "loyalty" if it wasn't for the fact the coaches leave at the drop of a hat. There is nothing wrong with coaches taking a better opportunity but don't be a hypocrite about it. I think kids deserve the chance to transfer one time DI to DI without having to sit out at all. They shouldn't be thrown in a mud pit for decommiting while in high school to a be in a better situation either.

LRRandy

Quote from: beach bum on May 05, 2016, 12:49:07 pm
That assistant coach is an idiot. I would take his comment seriously about "loyalty" if it wasn't for the fact the coaches leave at the drop of a hat. There is nothing wrong with coaches taking a better opportunity but don't be a hypocrite about it. I think kids deserve the chance to transfer one time DI to DI without having to sit out at all. They shouldn't be thrown in a mud pit for decommiting while in high school to a be in a better situation either.
there is so much pressure on high profile recruits to commit early. I don't  have a problem with a kid changing his mind. Once they sign that's it. But during the recruiting process alls fair. The non penalized player transfer would open up too big a can of worms if you ask me.

Lions84

His seat is getting warm.

sevenof400

Hang on a moment here...

Quote from: LRRandy on May 05, 2016, 02:21:11 pmthere is so much pressure on high profile recruits to commit early. I don't  have a problem with a kid changing his mind. Once they sign that's it. But during the recruiting process alls fair. The non penalized player transfer would open up too big a can of worms if you ask me.

Where is that pressure coming from? 

beach bum

Quote from: sevenof400 on May 18, 2016, 08:16:02 pm
Hang on a moment here...

I don't think you would handle receiving 100 letters which happens in college basketball recruiting very well at 15 years old. Eventually, some of them crack just so they can focus on being a regular high school kid. You have to remember some kids might not have the proper parents guiding them through this either. I always cut 14-18 years in this process slack.

LRRandy

Quote from: sevenof400 on May 18, 2016, 08:16:02 pm
Hang on a moment here...

i think the pressure comes from the programs that are recruiting them. Not a " commit or miss out" ultimatum but the constant contact from multiple programs and the current state of recruiting where schools try to get as many high profile recruits to commit earlier and earlier to build their class.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas