• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

D1 prospect

Started by Bulldog4life, March 09, 2016, 05:56:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulldog4life

Roshala Scott of Earle is the best not just freshman point Guard but best point Guard in the nation...

MDXPHD

So many confusing things about this post...

Redwolves8526

And you put this on the 7A board because?

HighSchoolRecruiter

I'd be willing to bet that there are hundreds, if not thousands of guards better than this person. Also, when did Earle become a 7A school?

itsslim

has to be an early April fools post lol

itsslim

I'm watching her now, she's good, gonna get better, but she's not the best in the nation

Catfish

Quote from: HighSchoolRecruiter on March 10, 2016, 08:10:10 am
I'd be willing to bet that there are hundreds, if not thousands of guards better than this person. Also, when did Earle become a 7A school?

Hilarious hahahahahaha

smallybells

"The best not just freshman point guard" - cannot compute.

Mr. Trill

dc3

Quote from: Bulldog4life on March 09, 2016, 05:56:37 pm
Roshala Scott of Earle is the best not just freshman point Guard but best point Guard in the nation...

The nation is so large....

mtindian42

RedWolf275

I wouldn't be getting too carried away about her just yet.

Big Cat Daddy

Quote from: RedWolf275 on March 11, 2016, 06:49:30 pm
I wouldn't be getting too carried away about her just yet.
She has a ways to go. A good d1 would have scored 35 or 40 against HECTOR.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Big Cat Daddy on March 11, 2016, 09:45:15 pm
She has a ways to go. A good d1 would have scored 35 or 40 against HECTOR.

And would have made her free throws

Ctucker

She is a ninth grader! I'm sure she will get a lot better! But the free throw thing I see major college players that can't shoot them!

chickasaw fan

Would you guys get out during the summer and watch these elite guards in the country. There are tournaments within 300 miles you can go to. Scott is a GOOD player not ELITE. The teams she has played against during high school are not as athletic as her. Her handles are better so yes she should score easier. I'm not sure what college she will end up at but i'm willing to bet not UCONN, Notre Dame, South Carolina, or Baylor.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Ctucker on March 11, 2016, 11:14:24 pm
She is a ninth grader! I'm sure she will get a lot better! But the free throw thing I see major college players that can't shoot them!

Yes we are all well aware she's a 9th grader. It's all we have heard about for the last few weeks, well that and how she was major D-1 ready right now. So when that's all you hear about, then yes it will be scrutinized.

On another D-1 player, did yall watch Monk choke again last night? Cabots Barnes shut him down.

AirWarren

Quote from: Bulldog4life on March 09, 2016, 05:56:37 pm

The nation?

Good grief.

RedWolf275

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 12, 2016, 07:38:25 am
Yes we are all well aware she's a 9th grader. It's all we have heard about for the last few weeks, well that and how she was major D-1 ready right now. So when that's all you hear about, then yes it will be scrutinized.

On another D-1 player, did yall watch Monk choke again last night? Cabots Barnes shut him down.

Agreed. Monk didnt really look like a one and done NBA ready player last night. No state championships for him.

bdubyab60

He has no one to share the load on that team at all. He will go to Kentucky for one year. He will go to the NBA based on potential. Labissire from Kentucky has done jack this year. But he killed Ben Simmons in summer ball. He will be a pro next year based on that not what he did at Kentucky. Same thing with Monk. There is only one state title and not everyone gets one. I would my day he's choked, maybe this one but they have ran in to some pretty darn good teams.

EPC wasn't favored when they lost to CR in the last few seconds.
NLR had the better teams and more D1 prospects them Bentonvlille two years in a row.
This year may be what you would call a choke because they may have been favored to win that game.

It will have ZERO to do with his NBA potential. If you think otherwise you haven't been watching drafts.

bdubyab60

As for Scott right now she is a true point guard. Sometimes she can score at will as well. I said in another post what she was gonna have to work on. That's outside shooting and freethrows. She is streaky at both.

No one at the 2A level can stop her but her. She only scored 19 and led Earle to the title. Without her they probably lose to England. Is she D1? Yes. How major or minor will depend on how much she improves over the next 3 years.

They went undefeated since she moved up. Yes some are getting carried away. But the potential is there and most passing judgement have seen her in one game.

NEark tigers

Quote from: bdubyab60 on March 12, 2016, 08:41:43 am
As for Scott right now she is a true point guard. Sometimes she can score at will as well. I said in another post what she was gonna have to work on. That's outside shooting and freethrows. She is streaky at both.

No one at the 2A level can stop her but her. She only scored 19 and led Earle to the title. Without her they probably lose to England. Is she D1? Yes. How major or minor will depend on how much she improves over the next 3 years.

They went undefeated since she moved up. Yes some are getting carried away. But the potential is there and most passing judgement have seen her in one game.
Yeah, Scott will be one of the best in Arkansas, barring any setbacks.....I can see her as a mid-major D1 talent just because she is from a small high school in a state that doesnt have a lot of women basketball history..I could be wrong. just sayin.

mtindian42

Scott will only get better... Who can stay in front of her? She can get anywhere she wants to On a basketball court with ease... (Unstoppable) at the 2a level 👍

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: bdubyab60 on March 12, 2016, 08:34:54 am
He has no one to share the load on that team at all. He will go to Kentucky for one year. He will go to the NBA based on potential. Labissire from Kentucky has done jack this year. But he killed Ben Simmons in summer ball. He will be a pro next year based on that not what he did at Kentucky. Same thing with Monk. There is only one state title and not everyone gets one. I would my day he's choked, maybe this one but they have ran in to some pretty darn good teams.

EPC wasn't favored when they lost to CR in the last few seconds.
NLR had the better teams and more D1 prospects them Bentonvlille two years in a row.
This year may be what you would call a choke because they may have been favored to win that game.

It will have ZERO to do with his NBA potential. If you think otherwise you haven't been watching drafts.

Umm, yes he did have players to share with,  the big man and Hutchinson both had nice games and were atleast as good as the player who was guarding them. Monk couldn't handle being guarded by someone who was more athletic than him last night . Barnes had his number last night.

Pit Bull

Yea it's the down side of being very gifted and talented, people won't let you be normal. Why? Because we all need a hero, someone to brag on, to give ourselves value I guess... Truth be told, anyone can have a off game or bad day but because we put people on so high regards, when they don't live up to expectations we are the first to criticize as well... Roe has a long way to go, I just pray that she continues to develop and stay grounded without letting the fans pump her head up with bragging and stardazing...

bdubyab60

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 12, 2016, 11:55:15 am
Umm, yes he did have players to share with,  the big man and Hutchinson both had nice games and were atleast as good as the player who was guarding them. Monk couldn't handle being guarded by someone who was more athletic than him last night . Barnes had his number last night.
Pick I've watched Bentonvlille a few times. It's the way they have been playing since they got there. If they were going to win that game Monk was going to carry them. Should he pass it more absolutely. You take Monk off that team and they are no where near a title game. They aren't even relevant without him. If he hadn't went 0-14 from 3 they probably win the game.

But if anyone has ever watched Bentonville play since he went there that is their offense. The others stand and watch then go rebound if he misses. That's not only on Monk. That's on that coaching staff that was riding him to bring them wins.

I don't think anyone's thought that Bentonville is even the best team in 7A. Some even had them ranked nationally and that was stupid. But that's what they brought him there for was for it to be the MM show.

I mean crap 3 teams in our conference have better players than what he was playing with.

Fact is, he will leave without a state title. He could have stayed at EPC and played with probably better. He will go to Kentucky for a year. Whether he averages 2 or 20 he will enter the NBA

chickasaw fan

Yes, Monk did have a off night from behind the arc, but did you guys see his burst of speed on breaks. That is what makes him special. Speed and leaping ability. Same thing with the kid that was guarding him. That's why he is committed to the HOGS for football. Same thing with Williams girl from CAC, (UConn, Baylor, south Carolina).. No coach can teach that.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: bdubyab60 on March 12, 2016, 12:35:54 pm
Pick I've watched Bentonvlille a few times. It's the way they have been playing since they got there. If they were going to win that game Monk was going to carry them. Should he pass it more absolutely. You take Monk off that team and they are no where near a title game. They aren't even relevant without him. If he hadn't went 0-14 from 3 they probably win the game.

But if anyone has ever watched Bentonville play since he went there that is their offense. The others stand and watch then go rebound if he misses. That's not only on Monk. That's on that coaching staff that was riding him to bring them wins.

I don't think anyone's thought that Bentonville is even the best team in 7A. Some even had them ranked nationally and that was stupid. But that's what they brought him there for was for it to be the MM show.

I mean crap 3 teams in our conference have better players than what he was playing with.

Fact is, he will leave without a state title. He could have stayed at EPC and played with probably better. He will go to Kentucky for a year. Whether he averages 2 or 20 he will enter the NBA

Last night the big guy was on fire, 4-4 and 5-7 free throws,  he needed more shots, not monk shooting 25 times. Monk should have fed him more instead of chunking it up and not being able to throw it in the ocean from the beach.

mtindian42

Quote from: bdubyab60 on March 12, 2016, 12:35:54 pm

good post bdub 100% truth

HorseFeathers

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 12, 2016, 01:14:12 pm
Last night the big guy was on fire, 4-4 and 5-7 free throws,  he needed more shots, not monk shooting 25 times. Monk should have fed him more instead of chunking it up and not being able to throw it in the ocean from the beach.

Coaching....or lack thereof..

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HF on March 12, 2016, 01:35:41 pm
Coaching....or lack thereof..

I can buy that.  He should have sit Monk down for a little bit.

bdubyab60

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 12, 2016, 01:14:12 pm
Lid was having a good game compared to what they usually do. I don't disagree with him needing to make his teammates better. But that's hasn't happened since he's been up there and to tell the truth I could care less if Bentonville won anything. They kinda of got what they were asking for.

As for Malik himself I hope he goes on to do big things.

chickasaw fan

Come on Eagles, sit Monk down?? Are you serious??? Teams loose and players have bad nights. That's sports!! If a coach can win with his best player on the court, he should be able to loose as well. No coach wants to loose with his best player on the bench!!! No Monk, no chance for B'ville!!  Tip your hat to Cabot and move on!!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: chickasaw fan on March 12, 2016, 06:25:16 pm
Come on Eagles, sit Monk down?? Are you serious??? Teams loose and players have bad nights. That's sports!! If a coach can win with his best player on the court, he should be able to loose as well. No coach wants to loose with his best player on the bench!!! No Monk, no chance for B'ville!!  Tip your hat to Cabot and move on!!

Didn't mean for the whole game ding-a-ling, I meant just to settle him down a little.

Bulldog4life

Mark my word by the end of her senior Roshala will be one of these elite guards in the country... Not bragging on her it's because I know her work ethic. Remember these post lords will you will see. You guys just seen highschool ball but I've been following her all her life every since she first put a rock in her hand... Classification don't mean a thing. You saw that one game but I've seen her drop 57 points. I've seen her drop 32 points I've seen her drop 38 pointsall in games that matter. When your destined for greatness can't nothing stop you but yourself. To be honest I don't think many to many higher classifications could've beat Earle this year.. Especially the boys

Hatchet

Quote from: Bulldog4life on March 12, 2016, 10:13:06 pm
Mark my word by the end of her senior Roshala will be one of these elite guards in the country... Not bragging on her it's because I know her work ethic. Remember these post lords will you will see. You guys just seen highschool ball but I've been following her all her life every since she first put a rock in her hand... Classification don't mean a thing. You saw that one game but I've seen her drop 57 points. I've seen her drop 32 points I've seen her drop 38 pointsall in games that matter. When your destined for greatness can't nothing stop you but yourself. To be honest I don't think many to many higher classifications could've beat Earle this year.. Especially the boys
I seen her drop 5 points

Bulldog4life

Lol bet you can't shoot a rock in the ocean!

MDXPHD

Quote from: Bulldog4life on March 12, 2016, 10:13:06 pm

Lol. She's not the best in the state. Some girl from CAC is pretty good, not sure if you've heard of her.

You mean the Earle team that lost to marked tree, osceola, and hammered by ElDo? Yeah, they're unbeatable.

nightowl

Will just watch her play Aau and get to the big game and win some many coaches have call about her since they got back

Mr. Trill

MDX those games star players were out except Marked Tree. From what I see between Earle and B-Ville, Earle would come out on top and even blow them out. Who trying to argue against?

mtindian42

B-ville? Blytheville or Bentonville?

HorseFeathers

mtindian42

Earle would crush boonevill...

HorseFeathers

Quote from: mtindian42 on March 14, 2016, 06:47:06 pm
Earle would crush boonevill...

Bonneville isn't aware they actually have a basketball team

mtindian42

NEark tigers

Quote from: MDXPHD on March 13, 2016, 12:20:12 am
Lol. She's not the best in the state. Some girl from CAC is pretty good, not sure if you've heard of her.

You mean the Earle team that lost to marked tree, osceola, and hammered by ElDo? Yeah, they're unbeatable.
This is the same Earle team that has EIGHT WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!!

Bildo

The girl is good for a freshman, no doubt but Christyn Williams from CAC is only a Sophomore and will run circles around her and would have last year also. I have seen many elite players this past year and she could get there, but she is not there yet. If her work ethic is how you say it is, she has that potential. Christyn had 17 Div 1 offers as a freshman, 22 now including UCONN and Notre Dame

Bulldog4life

Lol I doubt if she will run circles around roshala. But she is a great player. Lol the only way you would know who the best is if they played eachother...

ISU7

Quote from: NEark tigers on March 14, 2016, 08:50:11 pm
This is the same Earle team that has EIGHT WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!!
Yep Eight World Championships, 1a-3 titles, 2a-3 titles, 3a- 2 titles = 8. Not bad considering LR Central has 18, LR Parkview, Pine Bluff, NLR, and Cabot has 13, Jonesboro has 11, LR Hall has 10, but all are High school Championships no world titles ... ;D 8)

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Bulldog4life on March 15, 2016, 09:37:36 am
Lol I doubt if she will run circles around roshala. But she is a great player. Lol the only way you would know who the best is if they played eachother...

They most likely will not play each other,  so the next measuring stick would be offers, sounds like the CAC gurl has a pretty big leaf in that area.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas