• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

D1 caliber kids in the 4A

Started by prHOG13, March 05, 2016, 07:04:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

prHOG13

Detravion "Trey" Green was offered by Arkansas State today

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: prHOG13 on January 30, 2017, 07:53:05 pm
Detravion "Trey" Green was offered by Arkansas State today

From where?

AirItOut21

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on January 30, 2017, 09:43:19 pm
From where?

Ashdown. He was offered as a safety, class of 2018.

So Ashdown had a secondary that consisted of:

FS- Montaric Brown: Arkansas signee 4* recruit
SS- Tajhnick Bishop: ULM signee
CB- Ladarius Bishop: Early offers from Arkansas and Ok State (2018)
CB- Tre Green: Early offers from Arkansas St and ULM (2018)

Oh and not to mention a D1 QB in Jaden Hill- (Missouri offer) (2018)

How did they not make it out of the 1st round???

SUGARTOWN

January 31, 2017, 09:04:39 am #153 Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 09:15:17 am by SUGARTOWN
Quote from: AirItOut21 on January 31, 2017, 12:21:28 am

See any linemen on that list?

ABC™

AirItOut21

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on January 31, 2017, 09:04:39 am

See any linemen on that list?

It doesn't take D1 linemen with those D1 skill players to get out of the 1st round of the playoffs

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: AirItOut21 on January 31, 2017, 10:31:44 am
It doesn't take D1 linemen with those D1 skill players to get out of the 1st round of the playoffs

Apparently it takes better linemen than what they had though. Skill position players, no matter how good, still need someone to block for them.

prHOG13

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on January 31, 2017, 11:15:08 am
Apparently it takes better linemen than what they had though. Skill position players, no matter how good, still need someone to block for them.
I think this can be debated endlessly, but there were several schools in the playoffs that made fairly deep runs with less than a massive OL. I think it comes down to coaching those guys up.

And the Ozark game this past year it came down to defense. Ozark controlled TOP and ran the ball 51 times for 266 yards. If you have safeties and linebackers like they have, there is no reason to get dominated like that.

mr.gametime

Quote from: AirItOut21 on January 31, 2017, 12:21:28 am

Is jaden hill gone stick with baseball?....Thought I seen somewhere that he is going to LSU for baseball

AirItOut21

Quote from: mr.gametime on January 31, 2017, 04:27:46 pm
Is jaden hill gone stick with baseball?....Thought I seen somewhere that he is going to LSU for baseball

Yes, he is committed to LSU to play baseball. However he will probably get drafted pretty high and might skip right to the pros

STUNNA

Burks is now rated a 5* for class of 2019!

SUGARTOWN

STUNNA

Katdaddy

Just curious, how many football players did Ozark have sign football scholarships?

cuckoobird

The Ozark JV players usually go straight to the NFL...

Jacketman65

yep, no need to waste time in  college!

prHOG13

Jimbo Morphis

AirItOut21

Quote from: Oldman on March 27, 2017, 02:45:48 pm
That $cares me.

The only one to worry about is LSU I am told. He is going to their big prospect camp there this summer and will be offered then.

beach bum

I would not go to Arkansas if I had other SEC offers if we still have the same coach 9 months from now..... He isn't exactly an offensive wizard. And now even average teams can put up almost 500 yards on our defense too.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: beach bum on March 27, 2017, 03:07:07 pm
I would not go to Arkansas if I had other SEC offers if we still have the same coach 9 months from now..... He isn't exactly an offensive wizard. And now even average teams can put up almost 500 yards on our defense too.

So....the Hogs will have to pass a lot then, correct?

Jimbo Morphis

You are getting close to a ban hammer.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Oldman on March 27, 2017, 02:45:48 pm
That $cares me.

Why? They're more of a running team than Arkansas.

Surely you're not suggesting they cheat?   ;D

beach bum

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on March 27, 2017, 04:00:56 pm
So....the Hogs will have to pass a lot then, correct?

Yes, but they will all be passes to the running back, tight ends, or the smallest WR in the slot will get a screen pass thrown to him 10 times per game. He really loves telling Enos to do those 3 things over and over and over so the other team can come back in the 2nd half.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: beach bum on March 27, 2017, 04:12:11 pm
Yes, but they will all be passes to the running back, tight ends, or the smallest WR in the slot will get a screen pass thrown to him 10 times per game. He really loves telling Enos to do those 3 things over and over and over so the other team can come back in the 2nd half.

Passes to the RB? Hog RB's caught 21 passes last year in 13 games, that's not even 2 per game. Let's see how many passes Brandon Martin gets thrown his way this year.

beach bum

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on March 27, 2017, 04:19:12 pm
Passes to the RB? Hog RB's caught 21 passes last year in 13 games, that's not even 2 per game. Let's see how many passes Brandon Martin gets thrown his way this year.

The amount of times he threw to Drew Morgan in the slot for 4 yard passes you would thought that our coaches viewed Drew Morgan has a 4.3 forty guy. They are terrible at putting guys in their best spots to make plays.

prHOG13

Quote from: Oldman on March 27, 2017, 04:04:40 pm
You are getting close to a ban hammer.
The effort just gets weaker and weaker with each attempt

Brian G

Keep that on the SEC and Arkansas threads.

No place for it within this thread.

beach bum

Quote from: B.G. on March 27, 2017, 07:26:44 pm
Keep that on the SEC and Arkansas threads.

No place for it within this thread.

Fair enough..

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: prHOG13 on March 27, 2017, 07:08:03 pm
The effort just gets weaker and weaker with each attempt
What?

Romeo

Burks is rated a 6.0 4 star on rivals meaning he'll probably be a top 50 player when the 2019 rankings are released.

couch-coach06

Let's see.. LSU.. no QB... Ol miss.. dumpster fire.. miss state .. QB runs Everytime .. a and m.. dumpster fire.... Florida no QB.. South Carolina... Will muschamp ..

Arkansas don't sound so bad when u think about it

prHOG13

Pea Ridge RB Drew Winn received his first D1 offer from Howard University today

polksalet

That's a strange school for a kid from Pea Ridge.

prHOG13

CB Ladarrius Bishop of Ashdown will announce his commitment on Saturday between Arkansas, Ok State, and Mississippi State. Go hogs!

prHOG13

Quote from: prHOG13 on July 09, 2017, 08:12:56 pm
CB Ladarrius Bishop of Ashdown will announce his commitment on Saturday between Arkansas, Ok State, and Mississippi State. Go hogs!
Sounding like it'll be Miss State

Eaglemaniac

Crossett OL Clayton Nelson has committed to the US Naval Academy.

prHOG13

Quote from: Eaglemaniac on July 17, 2017, 10:50:04 am
Awesome. Congrats to the young man

beach bum

July 17, 2017, 07:49:06 pm #191 Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 07:53:06 pm by beach bum
Quote from: Eaglemaniac on July 17, 2017, 10:50:04 am

That is amazing.... That is an OL's dream offense to be in. And an incredible school that should set him up for incredible success in life going somewhere that prestigious. I love hearing stories about small town kids getting an opportunity like that. He must have worked his tail off for that with how few are accepted to Annapolis just overall. His family might be able to catch some of their road games too with plenty of Conference USA teams in pretty close proximity they play now.

prHOG13

Rivals updated their top 100 today and Warren WR Treylon Burks is #22 overall in the nation and #5 WR. Well deserved, kid is a monster. Hope the Hogs can keep him home

Overdahill

Quote from: prHOG13 on August 07, 2017, 03:48:10 pm
Rivals updated their top 100 today and Warren WR Treylon Burks is #22 overall in the nation and #5 WR. Well deserved, kid is a monster. Hope the Hogs can keep him home

Yep, I hope so too. I saw that coming they way he played against PA as a 9th grader but then again he was pretty hard to miss> He had the power conference look all the way

BigLion10

Quote from: Overdahill on August 07, 2017, 04:10:27 pm
Yep, I hope so too. I saw that coming they way he played against PA as a 9th grader but then again he was pretty hard to miss> He had the power conference look all the way
Kid is a monster. Who all have offered so far?

Romeo

Officially reported offers for Burks are Arkansas, Auburn, Memphis and South Florida. However, Coach Hembree says that he has over a dozen right now. Pretty much every SEC school is recruiting him along with Michigan, Ohio State, USC, Notre Dame and others. He's also a great student so schools like Stanford, Duke and Vanderbilt are also evaluating.

jimbojack

at 6'4" 220 - he also has the size of a real SEC LB now.

AirWarren

Arkansas better be camped out in Warren the next two years if they have a chance. Great news is it seems the Warren coach has a great rapport now with the Arkansas program. Unlike years ago.

Arkansas stands a solid chance.

beach bum

I hope no matter where he goes he dominates and makes the state proud and adds another small town Arkansas guy to the list in the NFL one day.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: beach bum on August 07, 2017, 07:54:27 pm
I hope no matter where he goes he dominates and makes the state proud and adds another small town Arkansas guy to the list in the NFL one day.
I think he has a real good chance.He's a monster alright

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas