• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4-3A District tourney?

Started by Hitman Warrior23, February 02, 2016, 02:17:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

chucktownboys

Mudd, Hitman and the whole gang the refs did a decent job letting the kids play and not dictating the game, were some calls missed sure but both ways, they let the kids play but usually after the same kid doesn't quit a foul is called to keep control, the guard that fouled out for Lamar used forearms and hands repeatedly on defense and a lot was let go, and driving into a crowd and traveling is not ever a smart play, look at things to get better heading into Sr High.

mudd puddle

February 14, 2016, 08:07:22 am #51 Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 08:18:44 am by mudd puddle
Quote from: chucktownboys on February 14, 2016, 07:50:11 am
Mudd, Hitman and the whole gang the refs did a decent job letting the kids play and not dictating the game, were some calls missed sure but both ways, they let the kids play but usually after the same kid doesn't quit a foul is called to keep control, the guard that fouled out for Lamar used forearms and hands repeatedly on defense and a lot was let go, and driving into a crowd and traveling is not ever a smart play, look at things to get better heading into Sr High.

They chose when to let them play and chose when to not let them play like the bs foul call at the end the bs technical  foul call at the end.   You people at Charleston need to learn to count 2 steps is not a travel violation  she does the same move all year long only gets called at your home When your coach complains and complains and finally gets his way if she were a boy it would not be called, she got hammered everytime  going in no calls your players got ever nick nack calls No doubt you knew the key to beating us was taking her out of the game and you did it, by the way what part of the arm is she supposed to use (not her forearm??) Come on man they let them play? ?? Come on man! .   Either way again congrats on a great season coach.

chucktownboys

What I saw was forced contact from a player going to basket not from defense but from offensive player, technical was warranted and at least not a phantom call by Lamar coach against the Charleston coach like at Lamar, the shuffling of feet and euro move going to basket running into defense is not a foul, learn to pull up and shoot without running into defense and she will be much better off, kids need to learn how to play that way instead of expecting refs to bail them out over bad play? Last year she did 8-15 feet running floaters and cost her team a lot, when that team learns there are other good players on the team besides her they will be tough, until then they are very beatable, enjoy the season you had and use it to get better for the future that game could have went either way both teams played hard and it was a good game to watch. Go Tigers!

mudd puddle

Quote from: chucktownboys on February 14, 2016, 08:29:52 am
What I saw was forced contact from a player going to basket not from defense but from offensive player, technical was warranted and at least not a phantom call by Lamar coach against the Charleston coach like at Lamar, the shuffling of feet and euro move going to basket running into defense is not a foul, learn to pull up and shoot without running into defense and she will be much better off, kids need to learn how to play that way instead of expecting refs to bail them out over bad play? Last year she did 8-15 feet running floaters and cost her team a lot, when that team learns there are other good players on the team besides her they will be tough, until then they are very beatable, enjoy the season you had and use it to get better for the future that game could have went either way both teams played hard and it was a good game to watch. Go Tigers!
Were gonna for 1000% AGREE TO DISAGREE except for  good season to both teams.  She  got the the hole defense  isn't set and there is contact it's a foul, plain and simple.  I know you know the rules better then that coach. Either way yes again great season.  To you

chucktownboys

Missing the pond entirely, defense has the right to move just like the offensive player and if the offensive player jumps into the defensive player causing contact that's not a defensive foul, take off rose colored glasses and watch the game, as soon as you do you will see what's going on, learn to play team ball and they will be tougher plain and simple. Go Tigers!

mudd puddle

February 14, 2016, 09:29:07 am #55 Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 09:37:04 am by mudd puddle
Exactly but when the offense is going to the goal and defense runs in its a,foul.  Just like the "shuffling" feet that don't happen after she picks up her Dribble, fact is yall got the crap calls yall wanted.   The glasses comment honestly perfect for you.   She made god moves to the basket yall just worked the refs to your advantage. Plain and simple.  On a different  note had yall not moved up a player you would be allot tougher and we know that.  Great job this year team bask is funny we had s many girls score yesterday as yall or close to it.  Lakyn is a good player you got to let her play.  But again I'm done with it yall won, great job glad we're out of your conference. 

chucktownboys

Talk with an official about defensive position and contact, doesn't matter, learn and get better that's what it's all about, everything is the refs fault lol, good luck in the future my guess is your blaming of the refs won't change lol. Go Tigers!

mudd puddle

Its funny how when there is s big game Charleston has their buddies calling the games.  In football ,  big game mike vann is calling.  In jr high basketball you get mike vann and Jason Harris.  In sr high basketball you get Ross's buddies from Conway.  CHARLESTON IS KNOW STATE WIDE FOR CHEATING.  THIS IS ALSO THE WAY THEIR AD OPERATES no blaming usually we know how to get rules everyone pretty much knows if a player goes in for a shot and someone hammers them its a foul.  Yes rose colored glasses for sure. And go Warriors!

chucktownboys

LOL, you are beat before you start with that attitude, that's why they win State and compete anywhere they go, refs are assigned not picked LOL, pay attention and you'll see the truth, just accept the kids decide games not officials. Go Tigers!

cobbs34

As far as the refs go. They are assigned by an assigner for the district tournament that the superintendents of the conference schools vote on. So charleston had no idea who was coming.

Hitman Warrior23

February 14, 2016, 10:44:30 am #60 Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 12:08:41 pm by Hitman Warrior23
Quote from: chucktownboys on February 14, 2016, 08:29:52 am

Wow, wake up Sunday morning feed animals,  pull up some fearless and wow!
1st Refs did I like the way the game was called no, but it is what it is.
2nd I read most comments about her I just laugh not just here but everywhere PATHETIC
3rd My kid she is an 8th grader is she perfect? no!  Is She is guilty of playing her hardest and working her butt off to NOT LOSE ? Yes, causing her to force things she probably shouldn't she is in a tough spot but, she passes the ball plenty,  for allot of the game yesterday she wasn't the point guard in the half court offence. But yes more importantly we will use this to get her better this spring and summer and get her ready for what ever they want from her next year at Lamar its junior high ball.  As far as her D I thought she played pretty good fundamental D. She is strong so a little contact from her makes it look rougher  then it is.
4th Charleston moved up a very good shooter had they not did that they would have been allot tougher. They are talented.
5th I'm tickled pink about not being in their conference any longer, but we will see them again I hope cause I know they will be making state runs and I hope we will as well!
It was a good season!

Go Warriors!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas