• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

METAL!

Started by Black and Gold, December 10, 2015, 10:14:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Quote from: bdubyab60 on December 16, 2015, 08:28:43 pm
If you get a chance. Skillet, while being a Christian band puts on a great live show and are a lot harder than on their albums.

Also check out August Burns Red.

Seen skillet in concert. Also have seen Red in concert. Which I believe also is Christian. Both are great acts live.

Actually listening to skillet as I work now.

AirWarren

Quote from: bdubyab60 on December 16, 2015, 11:26:00 am
Quote from: AirWarren on December 16, 2015, 08:09:25 am
Volbeat is ok. I like some of their stuff.

I'm in Christmas music mode right now. Go figure.

I like pantera, sevendust, shinedown(lead has a heck of a voice), drowning pool, and stone sour.

One band I don't know if I mentioned that I really enjoy is Bullet for my Valentine. Waking the demon is a great song.
Went to a Shinedown concert several years back, actually seen them several times. Son loves them and we did a meet and greet one time. But he concert a few years back was at the Mud Island ampitheatre. Power went out about 2 songs in to their set, they were headlining. They hooked up a generator, just enough to get a couple mics and speakers going. Him and the lead guitar finished the set acoustic and sounded amazing.

That's when you can pick out the musically gifted from the screamers. When they can hook up the acoustic and it sounds amazing. Brent smith of shinedown, is one of those gifted artists. He has southern musical roots. He knows how to sing.

Black and Gold

Not much of a fan of Breaking Benjamin, but they have an acoustic version of So Cold that I could put on repeat for a while

Longfellow

Quote from: AirWarren on December 29, 2015, 09:57:40 am
Quote from: bdubyab60 on December 16, 2015, 08:28:43 pm
If you get a chance. Skillet, while being a Christian band puts on a great live show and are a lot harder than on their albums.

Also check out August Burns Red.

Seen skillet in concert. Also have seen Red in concert. Which I believe also is Christian. Both are great acts live.

Actually listening to skillet as I work now.
Been trying to listen to more Christian music lately, and a band I really love is Phinehas. Their drummer is amazing (that's big for me, being a drummer), and great riffs. They have a nice balance of screams, growls, and clean vocals, depending on the album. For Today is another great band. They are similar to August Burns Red, just more precise and with less of a hardcore influence. Their lyrics are spectacular. Onward to Olympas has some great tracks too. Some tracks to check out,

Phinehas:
Crowns (favorite riff ever)
Blessing and a Curse
I am the Lion (all around great track)
The Rider
Salting the Mine
Fleshkiller
Dead Choir
White Livered
Forever West
Iliaster (killer breakdown)

For Today:
For Zion
Fearless (killer lyrics)
Crown of Thorns (super heavy)
Immortal
Foundation
With a Passion Burning

Onward to Olympas:
Overcoming
Presence at the Funeral
The War Within Us

Black and Gold

It has been a great weekend. My little league team won 34-6 on Saturday and today I got a steal of a deal at Guitar Center in Fayetteville. Bought a Randy Rhoads V shape guitar for HALF PRICE!! Sorry I'm just excited.

Black and Gold

Will post a picture later if you guys would like to see it.

Chief_Osceola™

When it comes to metal, there's Dethklok, then there's everyone else vying for a distant second place.

Black and Gold

The real band or the cartoon one?

Longfellow

I like Brendan Small. He is an excellent guitar player

Chief_Osceola™

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Longfellow on January 27, 2016, 04:30:21 pm
I like Brendan Small. He is an excellent guitar player

He's both the fastest and second-fastest guitar player in the world.

Black and Gold

Not sure about fastest

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Black and Gold on January 27, 2016, 10:36:40 pm
Not sure about fastest

It's a joke, if you've ever seen Metalocalypse. Skwisgaar is the fastest guitarist in the world, and Toki is the second fastest. Brendan does the guitar parts for both.

Black and Gold

Lol my bad. I'll check it out though.

Black and Gold

Check out Batmetal if you get a chance. It's a parody of Deathklok. They have Murmaider and another one, but I forget what it is.

Black and Gold

Longfellow, have you heard any of the new Megadeth Dystopia album? Was hoping you could tell me a little about it. I know Kiko, the new guitarist, does a pretty nice job from previous albums with other bands

Longfellow

I heard a couple songs, and it sounds good. Kiko was a good pickup, even though Chris Broderick was one of my favorites. Sounds similar to Endgame, but I don't think it's as heavy in some parts. Not a huge fan of the drum parts. They are really straightforward without a lot of frills. Pretty much what you expect to hear if you put Lamb of God's drummer in Megadeth. It didn't blow me away, but it's a quality album

Black and Gold

Was able to check out the rest of the album LF. Some odd ball songs thrown in that don't seem to match, but overall it's a nice album. The best songs would have to be The Threat is Real, Dystopia, and Lying in State. If this lineup sticks, there could be some great content coming in the future.

Black and Gold

If you find the time Longfellow, check out a band called The Unguided. They're a Swedish type band who draw from In Flames. They aren't a rip off and keep to their own style and lyrical themes. Pretty underrated band if you ask me. They currently have three full length albums. Released their latest one on Feb. 28th this year

Carljung

Bring me the horizon's Happy Song goes hard imo

Black and Gold

I've heard people talk about that band. Never really looked into them myself

Longfellow

Been on a real Rage Against The Machine and Rob Zombie kick lately

Black and Gold

Not a big Rage fan. Do love some Zombie though. I'm on an instrumental kick as of late and can't get enough of these two songs from Jason Richardson's solo album. Absolutely amazing album, not a single complaint.
https://youtu.be/sq_QZioEbUk
https://youtu.be/69zFCSToXzE

Longfellow

Don't know if y'all have heard, but Metallica has announced their new album and released the first single "Hardwired". The song is reminiscent of Death Magnetic but has more of a thrash element. Reminded of some stuff from the first album, namely Whiplash. I don't about anyone else, but I'm super pumped for the new album

Black and Gold

I thought the lyrics were extremely cheesy on Hardwired. It wasn't too bad though. I thought the solo was a little boring. You're right in that it sounds like death magnetic. They could pull off a decent album here. I'm not getting my hopes up though.

Side note, In Flames has released two solos from their upcoming record. One of them I like, the other not so much. Again, not necessarily getting my hopes up, but we'll see.

Longfellow

Got tickets for Battlecross, Allegeon, and Necromancing the Stone in Little Rock

AirWarren

Quote from: Longfellow on August 11, 2016, 10:45:26 am
Been on a real Rage Against The Machine and Rob Zombie kick lately

Warren played some Rage last night during timeouts. Sounded nice over the speakers.

Longfellow

I've heard almost all the songs off of the new Metallica album and I really like it. But this will be arguably the most hated Metallica album of all time. A lot of it is more midpaced, and some of the songs aren't very heavy. The sound has times where it's reminiscent of Death Magnetic and others where it has a lot of Load/Reload influence

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Longfellow on November 17, 2016, 06:55:14 am
I've heard almost all the songs off of the new Metallica album and I really like it. But this will be arguably the most hated Metallica album of all time. A lot of it is more midpaced, and some of the songs aren't very heavy. The sound has times where it's reminiscent of Death Magnetic and others where it has a lot of Load/Reload influence

Geez, why can't they just return to their roots and do some metal like they did in the 80's?

Longfellow

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on November 17, 2016, 03:11:03 pm
Geez, why can't they just return to their roots and do some metal like they did in the 80's?
I think it's really good. Different, but good. Album released at midnight last night, had my pre-order in months ago, so I've been playing it all morning

Black and Gold

I'm Not getting my hopes up for it. I don't really like any album past Master. I did like Death Magnetic oddly enough though.

Don't even get me started on the atrocity that was St. Anger.

AirWarren

Been jamming some Story of the Year this week.

Longfellow

No other option on Christmas than the August Burns Red Christmas album. Best version of Carol of the Bells ever recorded

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Longfellow on December 24, 2016, 06:02:58 pm
No other option on Christmas than the August Burns Red Christmas album. Best version of Carol of the Bells ever recorded

I don't like their genre..... But I do like their rendition of Carol of the bells ...

Lions84

Judas Priest  You got another thing coming.
Metallica  Enter the Sandman
AC DC any and all.
Iron Maiden Piece of Mind, Powerslave, and Live After Death

Lionsquatch

I think it's time to bring back this thread.  Any chance anybody sees this what rock/metal have you been listening to lately? Quote me so I remember to come back and check this.
Shinedown
Tremonti
Alter Bridge
The Raven Age
Tremonti and The Raven Age are great metal bands that are lesser known.  If you were a fan of Creed I couldn't recommend Tremonti more (considering it's literally the lead guitarist's solo project).
Any upcoming bands that are solid?

PurpleNWhite FTW

Quote from: AirWarren on December 16, 2015, 08:09:25 amVolbeat is ok. I like some of their stuff.

I'm in Christmas music mode right now. Go figure.

I like pantera, sevendust, shinedown(lead has a heck of a voice), drowning pool, and stone sour.

One band I don't know if I mentioned that I really enjoy is Bullet for my Valentine. Waking the demon is a great song.

As a Shinedown enthusiast, I approve this message. Any Given Sin is a heck of a band too

PurpleNWhite FTW

7 years late on this thread but i really don't care. Resurrection. 😂

I usually cycle through some combination of:

- Meshuggah
- Any Given Sin
- Periphery
- TesseracT
- Linkin Park
- Shinedown (not very metal but idc)
- August Burns Red
- Bleed From Within
- A bit of Slipknot
- Falling In Reverse
- architects
- M.I.W
- Ice Nine Kills
- Rammstein

HorseFeathers

Quote from: PurpleNWhite FTW on November 11, 2023, 08:56:47 pm7 years late on this thread but i really don't care. Resurrection. 😂

I usually cycle through some combination of:

- Meshuggah
- Any Given Sin
- Periphery
- TesseracT
- Linkin Park
- Shinedown (not very metal but idc)
- August Burns Red
- Bleed From Within
- A bit of Slipknot
- Falling In Reverse
- architects
- M.I.W
- Ice Nine Kills
- Rammstein

Not a metal fan, but go look up the origin of August Burns Red's name if you don't already know it....

PurpleNWhite FTW

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 11, 2023, 08:59:02 pmNot a metal fan, but go look up the origin of August Burns Red's name if you don't already know it....

that's..quite..disturbing. lol

HorseFeathers

Quote from: PurpleNWhite FTW on November 11, 2023, 09:01:42 pmthat's..quite..disturbing. lol

Yee buddy.... Did a group project in a music class in college and thats who the other guys picked... Id never heard of them and that's all I remember about them

PurpleNWhite FTW

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 12, 2023, 08:24:13 amYee buddy.... Did a group project in a music class in college and thats who the other guys picked... Id never heard of them and that's all I remember about them

LOL

PurpleNWhite FTW

Quote from: Lionsquatch on December 02, 2022, 10:36:42 amI think it's time to bring back this thread.  Any chance anybody sees this what rock/metal have you been listening to lately? Quote me so I remember to come back and check this.
Shinedown
Tremonti
Alter Bridge
The Raven Age
Tremonti and The Raven Age are great metal bands that are lesser known.  If you were a fan of Creed I couldn't recommend Tremonti more (considering it's literally the lead guitarist's solo project).
Any upcoming bands that are solid?

Shinedown, Any Given Sin, TesseracT and Meshuggah, and Bleed From Within

HorseFeathers

Quote from: PurpleNWhite FTW on December 15, 2023, 04:25:07 pmShinedown, Any Given Sin, TesseracT and Meshuggah, and Bleed From Within

Sounds made up.... But due to the guy at work who controls the music I'll add some

Van Halen
Alestorm
Danzig

PurpleNWhite FTW

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 15, 2023, 05:39:16 pmSounds made up.... But due to the guy at work who controls the music I'll add some

Van Halen
Alestorm
Danzig

Is it Halestorm or Alestorm? Never heard of Alestorm lol

HorseFeathers

Quote from: PurpleNWhite FTW on December 16, 2023, 09:23:37 amIs it Halestorm or Alestorm? Never heard of Alestorm lol

Alestorm....Look em up, they're uh interesting

Lionsquatch

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 16, 2023, 01:53:43 pmAlestorm....Look em up, they're uh interesting
What do you mean by interesting?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Lionsquatch on January 03, 2024, 08:37:18 amWhat do you mean by interesting?

Pirate-Metal is their subgenre. ... Guy at work listens to them, and by he listens to them, I mean he puts them on our one computer with speakers and we all listen to them 🙃

Lionsquatch

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 03, 2024, 09:31:41 amPirate-Metal is their subgenre. ... Guy at work listens to them, and by he listens to them, I mean he puts them on our one computer with speakers and we all listen to them 🙃
Pirate-metal... Interesting lol.  I've heard of dwarf-metal and folk-metal but not pirate-metal till now.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas