• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Red Wolves Coach

Started by SportsFan23, December 07, 2012, 07:53:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Peety

Hearing Harsin a lot now. That would be a great hire!

Uncle Ivan

Harsin has a far better job now.

Peety

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on December 11, 2012, 11:00:53 pm
Harsin has a far better job now.

Probably so. It's pretty much official now. Presser set for tomorrow at 2

polksalet

Arkie st now has the best coach and team in the state, again. Next year when Arkie state wins 10, again and Arkie wins 4, again running the power I I'll smirk.

whippersnapper

Im an a state fan and I like the hire but the wolves will be losing a lot in the senior group. Arguably the best red wolf QB ever and other players on the defensive side of the ball. I hope they can reload and not have to rebuild

Peety

Quote from: whippersnapper on December 11, 2012, 11:20:26 pm
Im an a state fan and I like the hire but the wolves will be losing a lot in the senior group. Arguably the best red wolf QB ever and other players on the defensive side of the ball. I hope they can reload and not have to rebuild

Not losing too much on defense. Starson and Herrold will be gone, which will hurt. But Qushan Lee, Chris Stone, Artez Brown, Chris Humes, and Porter will all return. So we will be fine on defense.

Offensively we are losing Stockemer, Jarboe, McKnight, and most of all, Aplin. Aplin is a special player...it's gonna be hard to replace him. But Knighten or Butterfield will step in and do just fine.

We will be really talented next year. Just going to be young in some positions

Peety

Quote from: polksalet on December 11, 2012, 11:04:29 pm
Arkie st now has the best coach and team in the state, again. Next year when Arkie state wins 10, again and Arkie wins 4, again running the power I I'll smirk.

Pump the breaks, no reason for that. I don't like the Hog fans either, but we need to start winning big games before we can say Harsin is better than Bielema.

Uncle Ivan

We really should start applying an IQ test as a requirement to register.

Eddie Goodson

You do know prolonged meth use will make your teeth rot out don't you?

ricepig

After Auburn, I think your next hardest game is UAPB, hope you can win that one.

Coach Venny Slocombe

ASU posters remind me of Marion posters...oh wait...

Sourmilkstain

Nice hire for stAte! Since he isn't a proven head coach, I won't say best in AR. When he makes 3 rose bowls in a row I'll agree that he is, but I don't think he will be at ASU long enough to win 3 bowl gms.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: Sourmilkstain on December 12, 2012, 01:36:04 pm
Nice hire for stAte! Since he isn't a proven head coach, I won't say best in AR. When he makes 3 rose bowls in a row I'll agree that he is, but I don't think he will be at ASU long enough to win 3 bowl gms.
Now the question is...who is the coach in 2014?

AirWarren

Wow at the idiot who says Bielema is less than an ASU coach.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: AirWarren on December 12, 2012, 02:43:42 pm
Wow at the idiot who says Bielema is less than an ASU coach.
ASU fan, what more can you expect?

True Believer

Impression of the new head coach.  Very young. 

Peety

Quote from: True Believer on December 12, 2012, 06:04:04 pm
Impression of the new head coach.  Very young.

He's young, but with lots of experience. I think he will do great things at ASU

dc24

Very impressed with the hire.  I thought it was a good hire, until I heard him speak today.  I think it's a GREAT hire.  Young and he has a great background with Boise State.  I'm very excited about him and I think we got the best guy for ASU.  This is such a great hire for us.

I definitely expect us to contend for the conference championship again next year.  I'm excited to see how Butterfield or Stegall can do, or if we keep Hobbs committed to play QB.  I believe Knighten may be nothing more than a wildcat QB, but will still be very good in his role.

I am ready to see the staff we will hire and see what kind of recruiting class we can bring in.  Hopefully Malzahn doesn't get Rocky Hayes and some others to transfer.

Our schedule is very favorable and I hope we can win 10 or more games next year.  Great time to be a Red Wolf!

True Believer

I do too.   The press conference went well, I thought!    I have always liked Butterfield. 

Go Red Wolves!   

Sourmilkstain

Coach Venny, that's good. I wonder if he has SEC dreams? Seems the best door to get there is ASU.

Loved the presser this afternoon! He's passionate & that trickles down to the player level. Now if he can get it to translate to 3 or 4 star living rms & to W's then he will be highly sought after.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: Sourmilkstain on December 12, 2012, 10:15:43 pm
Coach Venny, that's good. I wonder if he has SEC dreams? Seems the best door to get there is ASU.

Loved the presser this afternoon! He's passionate & that trickles down to the player level. Now if he can get it to translate to 3 or 4 star living rms & to W's then he will be highly sought after.
lololol...

Hoghead

December 13, 2012, 04:58:26 pm #71 Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 05:09:56 pm by Hoghead
The problem with ASU is finding a guy who wants to make it HIS PROGRAM. Gus actually could've done this. But due to his Auburn and SEC ties it was hard to turn down that kind of money. Coaching has become so much of a money laced enviornment that no one can really be trusted. Everybody wants to big be time !

Larry ???? the coach at Troy St. (Troy) is proably one of the few guys left who has a staple at a small school. Peterson at BSU (Boise) is doing it as well.

ASU will continue to be this revolving door until they find a guy who actually wants to BE THERE ! Im a Hog fan who wants to see ASU to be sucessful. But Im a Hog fan 1st and foremost. A realistic Hog Fan as well (20 years of no SEC Titles suck) It's crazy when THE ASU fans go nuts over winning 5 games and thinking they could beat the Hogs. I would like to see them play. I mean we have played ULM ? Troy ? and Middle Tennessee ?  So we need to stop telling the lie that playing ASU would be useless. A win is a win, and a loss to ULM is the most embarassing thing since the Citidale and Memphis !!!!

Congrats to their new Coach. He needs to talk enough smack to make Arkansas play them. Say stuff like, THAT MOTORCYCLE SCHOOL IN NWA WANTS NO PART OF US ! or I HEAR THE UNINVERSITY OF AFFAIRS IS SCARED TO PLAY US ! FRANK BROYLES U. KNOWS WE'D BEAT THEM ! But most of all he needs to STAY at ASU and make it HIS PROGRAM !!!!

polksalet

Quote from: Hoghead on December 13, 2012, 04:58:26 pm
The problem with ASU is finding a guy who wants to make it HIS PROGRAM. Gus actually could've done this. But due to his Auburn and SEC ties it was hard to turn down that kind of money. Coaching has become so much of a money laced enviornment that no one can really be trusted. Everybody wants to big be time !

Larry ???? the coach at Troy St. (Troy) is proably one of the few guys left who has a staple at a small school. Peterson at BSU (Boise) is doing it as well.

ASU will continue to be this revolving door until they find a guy who actually wants to BE THERE ! Im a Hog fan who wants to see ASU to be sucessful. But Im a Hog fan 1st and foremost. A realistic Hog Fan as well (20 years of no SEC Titles suck) It's crazy when THE ASU fans go nuts over winning 5 games and thinking they could beat the Hogs. I would like to see them play. I mean we have played ULM ? Troy ? and Middle Tennessee ?  So we need to stop telling the lie that playing ASU would be useless. A win is a win, and a loss to ULM is the most embarassing thing since the Citidale and Memphis !!!!

Congrats to their new Coach. He needs to talk enough smack to make Arkansas play them. Say stuff like, THAT MOTORCYCLE SCHOOL IN NWA WANTS NO PART OF US ! or I HEAR THE UNINVERSITY OF AFFAIRS IS SCARED TO PLAY US ! FRANK BROYLES U. KNOWS WE'D BEAT THEM ! But most of all he needs to STAY at ASU and make it HIS PROGRAM !!!!

To me its not a matter of who would win or lose. I see it as misuse of our tax dollars. If uaf were a private school I'd have no problem but to me its no different than the highway department deciding the game and fish commission can't drive on their roads. At the end of the day we as taxpayers own these schools and they exist or should exist to serve the public.

True Believer

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: polksalet on December 15, 2012, 11:15:23 pm

To me its not a matter of who would win or lose. I see it as misuse of our tax dollars. If uaf were a private school I'd have no problem but to me its no different than the highway department deciding the game and fish commission can't drive on their roads. At the end of the day we as taxpayers own these schools and they exist or should exist to serve the public.
The athletic program at UA IS almost completely private funded. Very few tax dollars pay anything other than base salaries for employees. Sports revenue generated and Razorback Foundation money pays for athletics.

sevenof400

At the least, there's no reason to suspect that Harsin will be a one and done coach.  He should need to stay a few years (and lay down a successful track record) in order to establish a reputation worthy of moving to a higher level school.  If Harsin is successful, then ASU will be successful and it's a win-win situation.

polksalet

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on December 16, 2012, 09:19:46 am

The athletic program at UA IS almost completely private funded. Very few tax dollars pay anything other than base salaries for employees. Sports revenue generated and Razorback Foundation money pays for athletics.

So you're saying that the school is like a private company and can do whatever it likes even though they steal from the citizens of Arkansas to keep it going?

ricepig

Quote from: polksalet on December 16, 2012, 03:42:24 pm

So you're saying that the school is like a private company and can do whatever it likes even though they steal from the citizens of Arkansas to keep it going?

Steal?? I don't think you want to get into a discussion over student fees and charges per credit hours.

Eddie Goodson

December 16, 2012, 05:45:17 pm #78 Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 05:48:41 pm by Eddie Goodson

What are you talking about? I am simply telling you the UA atheltic program is funded by monies it earns and by donations to the RF. The state of Arkansas does not fund athletics pretty much beyond base salaries.

If you want to discuss questionable use of funds, go take a look at the funny business that has gone on at UCA.

I assure you from firsthand contact, the Legisilative Audit Committee does not play when it comes to how state money is used. If anything illegal was going on in Fayetteville, they would know and act accordingly.

polksalet

Quote from: ricepig on December 16, 2012, 04:12:35 pm

Steal?? I don't think you want to get into a discussion over student fees and charges per credit hours.

state texas = theft

so yeah

polksalet

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on December 16, 2012, 05:45:17 pm

What are you talking about? I am simply telling you the UA atheltic program is funded by monies it earns and by donations to the RF. The state of Arkansas does not fund athletics pretty much beyond base salaries.

If you want to discuss questionable use of funds, go take a look at the funny business that has gone on at UCA.

I assure you from firsthand contact, the Legisilative Audit Committee does not play when it comes to how state money is used. If anything illegal was going on in Fayetteville, they would know and act accordingly.

just because the some politicians finds it legal does not make it right. I'm for Arkansas the state prospering. But I know that's how y'all think. Fortunately I learned how to think on my own and not get all my talking points from Ned Perme.

ricepig

Quote from: polksalet on December 16, 2012, 10:24:49 pm

just because the some politicians finds it legal does not make it right. I'm for Arkansas the state prospering. But I know that's how y'all think. Fortunately I learned how to think on my own and not get all my talking points from Ned Perme.

Nope, you get all of yours from Ned and the Third Grade Reader.

Eddie Goodson

December 17, 2012, 05:25:33 am #82 Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 08:41:54 am by Eddie Goodson
Quote from: polksalet on December 16, 2012, 10:24:49 pm

Well bless your heart.

At least Ned did explain to me that the UofA functions off tuition money it receives and not tax dollars. Maybe you and he do have something to discuss afterall.

Ned is good, Ned is wise.

Coach Venny Slocombe

And the hits just keep on coming...

Lions84

Good hire cause the boy smart enough to leave Mack Browns sinking ship!

redwolf143

Quote from: Lions84 on December 19, 2012, 10:42:39 am
Good hire cause the boy smart enough to leave Mack Browns sinking ship!

Agreed.

SportsFan23

John Thompson has now won more Bowl games than any coach in ASU history.

dc24

Quote from: SportsFan23 on January 07, 2013, 07:16:06 pm
John Thompson has now won more Bowl games than any coach in ASU history.

Not true.  We've won bowl games back in the past.  First one in FBS though.

polksalet

Quote from: ricepig on December 12, 2012, 09:24:57 am

After Auburn, I think your next hardest game is UAPB, hope you can win that one.

So play them, coward.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas