• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Team Camps, Good or Bad???

Started by Sportsfan302, May 24, 2012, 09:36:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsfan302

What are your thoughts about basketball team camps.

Basketballfan13

If you have a lazy team that doesn't go into it with the intention of getting better and preparing for the upcoming year then it's a waste of time(but if they have that attitude your season will look the same way) For a lot of teams it's good to get younger players that are moving up the chance to adapt to a new level of basketball, get use to new roles with sr's graduating, and to keep from going the whole summer without pushing yourself competitively.

chilly gilly

Basically, it's a necessity! Teams need that time to keep the kids focused and in "team" conditioning especially those schools who can actually get most of their kids to participate and those who share athletes in the summer with other sports. However, we as coaches also have to deal with summer vacation and other kid commitments. Its tough, but its worth it!

rammer

I think they are great for the kids. It keeps them from getting too rusty over the summer break and also gives them an opportunity to meet a lot of other players from other schools. My son is currently with his team at the Harding camp and he has looked forward to it since basketball season ended.

FreeMoney

The older coaches hate them the younger ones like them. most older coaches I know would much rather open the gym and spend individual time with kids working on fundamental weaknesses. seldom do most teams have their entire team and they play too many games and the players just into survival mode. kids- especially girls have suffered season ending injuries. really just depends on your perspective I suppose.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas