• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Springdale @ Har-Ber Broadcast

Started by zarns, September 28, 2016, 06:25:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

zarns

September 28, 2016, 06:25:27 am Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 06:56:35 am by zarns
I thought I would let you know that the Springdale @ Har-Ber game will be played and broadcast Friday night... if you are interested you can watch it here www.springdaleathletics.org

The game, the records and the score are irrelevant. The entire Bulldog community is grieving and the outpouring of support from all corners of the state has been overwhelming.

Having been around the team the past few days I think I can speak for them in thanking all that have taken the time to send a note, think about these kids, prayed for them or as Kyler's family has requested worn red in his memory.

There have been lot's of hugs and "I love you's" amongst the team, students, the faculty and the parents in the SHS community. The loss of "3" has hit just about every aspect of life in Springdale.

Kyler was a tremendous football player, go watch any Springdale game the past two years. He sticks out. 3 was the best I've ever seen and it was an honor to call his games. However, I would be remiss if I didn't tell you that as good as he was on the field, he was better off of it. He was a truly unique kid and I had the pleasure of getting to know him the past two years.

After news began to spread about the accident in the early morning hours on Sunday. Hundreds of people arrived at the stadium because they didn't know where else to go. I saw students from Fayetteville, Springdale, Har-Ber, Rogers, Heritage and a few others on the field with the Springdale family. As Zak said afterwards... these people didn't show up because Kyler caught a bunch of touchdowns.

His impact has been more far reaching than I think even those of us that knew him could understand.

The team is obviously struggling but at dinner last night there were a few smiles and I heard a few laughs. They were able to workout yesterday for a short time and try to regain some normalcy.

I told someone yesterday, that Friday night if they get off the bus, they win in the big picture.

Kyler will be layed to rest this morning. Please keep our kids and our community in your thoughts and prayers. The Bulldog family will come through this together it's just going to take some time.

#KW3

HarBer Dad

TigerHawg

I sat and watched the service at work. What a testimony on his character and his family. In the sadness we can see hope come forward in the lives this young man impacted.

spurrr

How I wish these teams weren't playing each other this week. So many emotions on each side of the ball. Anger, sadness, frustrations and grief are being experienced by many. As expected, practices haven't been great and I don't expect much of a rivalry atmosphere. They say god never gives you more than you can handle. I can only imagine how full the player's plates are. I hope the players and coaches have the strength to make it through the game. I had no plans to attend the game  but after what has happened I can't imagine being any where else Friday night.   

Pr8hd

I can't imagine the emotions in this one. This game would get attention in a normal week, but lots of thoughts and heavy hearts from all over on this Friday. I have seen lots of schools honoring his tragic loss. GW fans will be donning the "Red" Dawgs colors down in El Dorado this week and wearing buttons with Kyler's name and # on them.

To borrow from the incredible movie "Greater":
"Our loss is great, but our God is greater"

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: spurrr on September 29, 2016, 05:17:41 pm
How I wish these teams weren't playing each other this week. So many emotions on each side of the ball. Anger, sadness, frustrations and grief are being experienced by many. As expected, practices haven't been great and I don't expect much of a rivalry atmosphere. They say god never gives you more than you can handle. I can only imagine how full the player's plates are. I hope the players and coaches have the strength to make it through the game. I had no plans to attend the game  but after what has happened I can't imagine being any where else Friday night.

Spurrr I think it is good that they are playing each other. Lots of friendships among the players and students. Many of these kids played along side each other on youth teams so there are some strong relationships. I think they will play the game in a way that will represent Springdale football the way it should be represented, and that is how Kyler played every week.

I believe you will the best of what sports represents when they take the field tonight. RIP#3

spurrr

I understand what you mean but if it were me I would like to take out some frustrations on somebody i didn't know

Rob Van Winkle

spurrr

Lots of emotions tonight. Great tribute when SHS runs its 1st play with 10 men on the field. Really hits home when they throw it to the area #3 would have been and nobody is there.
Thought both teams represented the city well and I bet SHS  will rebound in the upcoming weeks.

HarBer Dad

Springdale is a much improved team over last year even without Kyler.  Hope they can pull together because with the watered-down 7A West they could manage to finish 4th and have a home playoff game. 

Lions84

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas