• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greenwood at El Dorado

Started by GreenwoodBulldog13, September 23, 2016, 11:19:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenwoodBulldog13

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

A 5 bus ride for Greenwood. That's my prediction   

The Future

September 24, 2016, 01:24:02 am #2 Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 01:26:43 am by The Future
That Lake Hamilton loss won't help Greenwood out. Eldo won't wanna lose 2 in a row. Plus this is the tyebreaker between the two teams. Big bragging rights. Not to mention big say in conference title ownership.

Seems both teams still have plenty to work on. I know Eldo apparently isn't as strong caliber as years past. But I'm not gonna waltz in expecting a mud stomping. Eldo will come to fight. Most likely this game will come down to whoever makes that final mistake in the last few minutes of the game loses. Gonna be a great game.

Bulldogs2014

I think Greenwood will come out slow in the first half possibly tied going into halftime due to it being at El Dorado but I'll predict a 2 Touchdown win for the Bulldogs 35-21 and that's a very weak prediction I haven't had the opportunity to watch El Dorado play this year so I have no idea what type of talent they have this year. Either way will be a fun game to watch I fully expect El Dorado to come out and play their best game.

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

We play like we did tonight on offense and it will be a butt whooping. Coach Reed has to figure out his QB problems. Is it protection issues? Getting the reads right? IDK. Sloppy on offense. Defense is doing OK.  Averaging giving up about 14 ppg.. But the offense is also giving up 14 ppg on turnovers or maybe more.  Can't do that against Greenwood.

AHS06

Quote from: The Future on September 24, 2016, 01:24:02 am
That Lake Hamilton loss won't help Greenwood out. Eldo won't wanna lose 2 in a row. Plus this is the tyebreaker between the two teams. Big bragging rights. Not to mention big say in conference title ownership.

Seems both teams still have plenty to work on. I know Eldo apparently isn't as strong caliber as years past. But I'm not gonna waltz in expecting a mud stomping. Eldo will come to fight. Most likely this game will come down to whoever makes that final mistake in the last few minutes of the game loses. Gonna be a great game.
I would think Russellville is the final say so regarding the conference and Greenwood. 

Greenwood 42

El Dorado 17

Pr8hd

September 24, 2016, 07:13:11 am #6 Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 07:18:39 am by Pr8hd
ED seems to be a little snake bit against LH for whatever reason as I believe that is 3 in a row they have dropped to them. This game is the biggest litmus test of the season in my opinion for GW. First time we have had to travel that far for a regular season away game as GW has had the luxury of ED always coming here in the last 2 playoff meetings. In addition, ED has a championship pedigree and one of the better coaches in the state in Reed.  Lastly, the 6A South kryptonite is represented by the Wildcats.

Reed and ED got the best of GW at home in 2014 quarterfinals. In nearly 12 seasons, it marked the first time a CRJ team did not win a playoff game and was his lowest win total in all 12 years. That doesn't happen very often as GW looked like they mailed it in that game and the Wildcats jumped all over them. GW finally woke up in the 4th but it was too little too late. The seniors were sophomores then and while I don't expect that to be a deciding factor, I certainly hope it motivates them to realize that just because ED had a sub par game against LH doesn't mean they can take it for granted.

GW is still making some bad mistakes (last night it was unforced turnovers)  and cannot do that on the road with road-lag being a potential factor. I will say, I think this GW team might be the fastest team GW has had in awhile, but it's the execution and adjustments where GW has to make the most of. I actually wouldn't mind to see this one in person, but will live stream instead and my wife will be going down with a friend, so I'm a a little jealous. I am sure, despite the drive,  GW will bring a big contingent of parents and fans. GW has a pretty strong draw on the road. 

It should be a great environment in a historic setting. 

Pr8hd

Quote from: AHS06 on September 24, 2016, 06:57:16 am
I would think Russellville is the final say so regarding the conference and Greenwood. 

Greenwood 42

El Dorado 17

+1 AHS...definitely looks that way

A 'storm' is definitely brewing over to the East of here. GW gets them at home so that helps.  Also, keeping an eye on the storm in the northeast as Jonesboro seems to be putting 60 on everyone. Obviously, you can't factor out the Z's for sure but GW just needs to stay focused on goal #2 and that is winning the conference. The Bulldogs can take a big step in doing so at ED next Friday. 

Pr8hd

Quote from: 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT on September 24, 2016, 01:14:41 am
A 5 bus ride for Greenwood. That's my prediction   

+1

This is a very astute, insightful and miraculously accurate prediction... ;)

Change your fearless name to "Nostradamus" then tell me the next lottery numbers, so I can sit on this board full time drinking some fruity boat drinks while on a beach.  ;D 

bulldogger15

Quote from: Pr8hd on September 24, 2016, 07:23:28 am
+1

Change your fearless name to "Nostradamus" then tell me the next lottery numbers, so I can sit on this board full time drinking some fruity boat drinks while on a beach.  ;D
+1
Atta boy Pr8hd!!! Greenwood comes away with another victory and proudly rides 5 victorious hours home after smashing El Dorado.

Greenwood Bulldogs 48.  El Dorado Wimpcats 17

GO BULLDOGS!!!

catfish1

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Quote from: Pr8hd on September 24, 2016, 07:23:28 am
+1

Oh my bad. I forgot...doesn't GW charter a private jet to travel in? So may not be that bad.  8)

Pr8hd

Quote from: 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT on September 24, 2016, 09:38:41 am
Oh my bad. I forgot...doesn't GW charter a private jet to travel in? So may not be that bad.  8)

That would be nice to have with some of the travel distances in the new conference, but no such luck yet!

I just wish we would invest in travel buses like Alma has had forever. They made a smart move in those.

Hornet4ever

Greenwood will stroll through the regular season.

thebigshot

This new conference alignment is a joke !!! How is this making things fair when schools are going on 6 hour bus rides for a game? Not sure how El Dorado and Greenwood fits into the same conference. AAA really have some idiots there

ricepig

Quote from: thebigshot on September 26, 2016, 07:31:27 am
This new conference alignment is a joke !!! How is this making things fair when schools are going on 6 hour bus rides for a game? Not sure how El Dorado and Greenwood fits into the same conference. AAA really have some idiots there

So, Greenwood should have traveled to WM, Marion, or Jonesboro? Or did you want to continue the split 6A/7A conferences and gripe about the seeding?

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: ricepig on September 26, 2016, 10:31:12 am
So, Greenwood should have traveled to WM, Marion, or Jonesboro? Or did you want to continue the split 6A/7A conferences and gripe about the seeding?
Rice...here is why Bigshot is upset...no particular order...

1. They lost to Lake Hamilton...
2. Greenwood is coming to town...
3. Eldo is not as good as in years past...

With all that said, this should be a good game. Scott Reed is a very good coach and I don't see them laying down.

ricepig

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on September 26, 2016, 02:38:51 pm
Rice...here is why Bigshot is upset...no particular order...

1. They lost to Lake Hamilton...
2. Greenwood is coming to town...
3. Eldo is not as good as in years past...

With all that said, this should be a good game. Scott Reed is a very good coach and I don't see them laying down.

Well, as we all know, losing leaves a bitter taste in your mouth, haha. I suspect GW will get El Do's best shot, it seems to me that their run on talent is in a down cycle for them, not that it's terrible, just not to their normal level.

Wildcat_Booster

Greenwood 48- El Dorado-17. The cats are looking for identity on offense with several new faces, QB- RB and receiver. Have a safe trip down and hope you enjoy our facilities. If anyone is spending the night, don't leave early and come out to our Beautiful Mystic Creek Golf Club and watch the Future LPGA stars play in the Murphy USA Symetra Tour Road to the LPGA.

bulldogger15

September 27, 2016, 12:40:36 pm #19 Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 04:45:28 pm by bulldogger15
Quote from: Pr8hd on September 24, 2016, 10:47:44 am
That would be nice to have with some of the travel distances in the new conference, but no such luck yet!

I just wish we would invest in travel buses like Alma has had forever. They made a smart move in those.
The Greenwood Bulldogs can save a ton of money on jet fuel and charter buses if we'd give the conference winner the luxury of having all conference games at home the following season. Greenwood might need to replace their turf more often, but it would definitely make the regular season conference games much more exciting. The pressure would be on every team to keep their football standards high and their coaches on point. Sounds like a great plan until Coach Jones retires and then we might need to re-evaluate the "system" once that happens.

I wonder if El Dorado is expecting to get MERCY RULED this week by Greenwood or will it just hit them up side the head like the Lake Hamilton loss last week?

GO BULLDOGS!!!

AT

I usually ignore this guy, but I'm going to take the bait this time.

Did you just say the conference winner should have ALL their conference games at home the next year?

That's a whole new level of...something.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Almatrackster on September 27, 2016, 08:31:04 pm

Did you just say the conference winner should have ALL their conference games at home the next year?

I'll say it.

That's a whole new level of ignorance.

Pr8hd

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. All of the pain is felt by others.
The same thing happens when you are stupid."

;D

Pr8hd

Quote from: ricepig on September 26, 2016, 02:55:59 pm
Well, as we all know, losing leaves a bitter taste in your mouth, haha. I suspect GW will get El Do's best shot...

I agree GW cannot mail this thing in. Just ask the 2014 GW team what happens when you do that....

GW gets by ED and I assume takes care of Siloam. Then, that homecoming game Oct 14th with Russellville is going to be an interesting one and possibly determine the conference championship.

Still lots of football to be played though, but playoffs will be coming up faster than you can blink an eye. It's hard to believe we are already at Week 5.   

I do like the format better for the playoffs (not so much the bye weeks), but the #1 seeds having home field thru out. It was a crap shoot of sorts with the #1 seeds the past few years when you had an uneven amount in the 3 we had.

http://www.maxpreps.com/tournament/BOrL7FJtEea-8KA2nzwbTA/BOrMEFJtEea-8KA2nzwbTA/football-fall-16/2016-centennial-bank-state-football-playoffs--2016-6a-football-state-bracket--.htm

bulldogger15

Quote from: Hornet4ever on September 27, 2016, 11:09:56 pm
I'll say it.

That's a whole new level of ignorance.
Didn't take much to fire you guys up! If the conference alignment is such a joke, can't someone else joke around? You boys need to unstuff your undies and have a little FUN. What about someone suggesting the Greenwood team has a jet? Joke, right?

The real point is several of the conference games are a long drive for the teams and Greenwood is going to put it on El Dorado this Friday. The 2014 Greenwood Bulldogs QB play and defense were sub-par to say the least. Funny how so many Greenwood fans (Pr8hd) like to compare the current team to former teams. You were doing so good Pr8hd.  ):

Continually hearing about what happened to past Greenwood teams throughout the years and comparing that to what "might happen" or saying "don't look too far ahead" is really cliché. Beware the Ides of March also, right?

The past is sometimes a nice place for reference, but it should never be a residence. Move on, have FUN...

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Pr8hd

Quote from: bulldogger15 on September 28, 2016, 11:17:46 am

Continually hearing about what happened to past Greenwood teams throughout the years and comparing that to what "might happen" or saying "don't look too far ahead" is really cliché. Beware the Ides of March also, right?

The past is sometimes a nice place for reference, but it should never be a residence. Move on, have FUN...

Here's one for you since you are referencing Julius Caesar: "Et tu, Brute?"

I think many GW fans would liken that to the sheer betrayal of how you portray the fan base in general with some of your antics.

Also,I get that clichés are boring and the past is the past, but "those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

One last one... "arrogance is the camouflage of insecurity." 

High Voltage

This one scares me. Eldorado is well coached and they have athletes and that is always dangerous. I think if we play well we can win. Our Qb play has been pretty good. Hailes has been a beast playing QB, WR and returning punts. I think his physical running style could be key because as usual they will have much more team speed. We may have to stay in between the tackles in this game with our running. The Offensive Line has been improving game to game.
I thought our defense did a good job Friday night. They play like that and we win no doubt. The Escalante kid has been coming along nicely. The front seven is solid against the run.

Regardless it should be a great game. Can't wait to get there and see the action.

Any ED fans give us some places to eat?

High Voltage

Quote from: Almatrackster on September 27, 2016, 08:31:04 pm

Maybe if you win conference you should just skip all the games and just plan on going to Little Rock. Haha

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

September 28, 2016, 10:01:22 pm #28 Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 10:03:00 pm by 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT
Quote from: High Voltage on September 28, 2016, 05:42:12 pm
This one scares me. Eldorado is well coached and they have athletes and that is always dangerous. I think if we play well we can win. Our Qb play has been pretty good. Hailes has been a beast playing QB, WR and returning punts. I think his physical running style could be key because as usual they will have much more team speed. We may have to stay in between the tackles in this game with our running. The Offensive Line has been improving game to game.
I thought our defense did a good job Friday night. They play like that and we win no doubt. The Escalante kid has been coming along nicely. The front seven is solid against the run.

Regardless it should be a great game. Can't wait to get there and see the action.

Any ED fans give us some places to eat?

Depends on what you want to eat. We have a plethora of TexMex and even more Chinese. I would stay away from those unless you just want that kind of food. Dime a dozen. If you do want Mexican, then go to Antiqua's.  If you want a good burger, then its Flying Burger. They also have shrimp plates and good fish tacos. It's directly in front of the new high school (however that's not where stadium is).  Mel's seafood is there also. Good authentic Cajun/Creole. Several nice places downtown and good atmosphere. Laredo Grill, Black Cat, etc. Johnny B's Grill is pretty good.  If you want BBQ, then JJ's is OK, not the best. But they do have a great steak. Just not much room to sit. If you want home cooked meal, then try Cozy Kitchen just a block from Memorial Stadium. Just be prepared to wait.  Another hint...not much visitor parking so get there early or you may have to park in a neaby neighborhood and walk. Be careful coming down and welcome to El Dorado. Oh that smell will be one of the refineries or chemical plants in the area. To us, it smells like money.  LOL.

Wonderdog

Quote from: 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT on September 28, 2016, 10:01:22 pm
Depends on what you want to eat. We have a plethora of TexMex and even more Chinese. I would stay away from those unless you just want that kind of food. Dime a dozen. If you do want Mexican, then go to Antiqua's.  If you want a good burger, then its Flying Burger. They also have shrimp plates and good fish tacos. It's directly in front of the new high school (however that's not where stadium is).  Mel's seafood is there also. Good authentic Cajun/Creole. Several nice places downtown and good atmosphere. Laredo Grill, Black Cat, etc. Johnny B's Grill is pretty good.  If you want BBQ, then JJ's is OK, not the best. But they do have a great steak. Just not much room to sit. If you want home cooked meal, then try Cozy Kitchen just a block from Memorial Stadium. Just be prepared to wait.  Another hint...not much visitor parking so get there early or you may have to park in a neaby neighborhood and walk. Be careful coming down and welcome to El Dorado. Oh that smell will be one of the refineries or chemical plants in the area. To us, it smells like money.  LOL.
Good times grill is fantastic as well!

GotInfo?

September 29, 2016, 09:08:49 am #30 Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 09:13:22 am by GotInfo?
Don't have a dog in this fight, but I expect a good football game.  Will be very physical.  From what I hear, El Dorado has had some major injuries this year.  Looking forward to watching this one online.  Good Luck to both teams.

Youngsta71701

Pr8hd

September 29, 2016, 11:50:47 am #32 Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 11:58:53 am by Pr8hd
GW fanbase is evidently going to be going with a "red out" theme in honor of Springdale's Kyler Williams tragic death. I heard (from a friend with kids there and it's on twitter) ED students are going with a "white trash bash" theme. I can understand being so far south a little removed from the Springdale tragedy, but it would have been nice had the two schools coordinated something together as many are in the state. 

I understand the fun of it all on a normal week,but it's not the best move when the opponents are honoring the passing of a kid on your home turf.

https://twitter.com/ElDo_Sudents/status/780428905693839360   

https://twitter.com/2016GUnit/status/781330869189345280

The Future

They can yee yee all they want.
But will that get them the win??

Pr8hd

Quote from: The Future on September 29, 2016, 12:40:57 pm
They can yee yee all they want.
But will that get them the win??

Lol, yeah....the "yee yee" may turn into "no no"!

Headhunter15

Cats by 7
31-24

Series split 1-1 and at the rate of the schedule pattern is going, eldorado is on path for a win.

Baitshop

Quote from: Pr8hd on September 29, 2016, 11:50:47 am
GW fanbase is evidently going to be going with a "red out" theme in honor of Springdale's Kyler Williams tragic death. I heard (from a friend with kids there and it's on twitter) ED students are going with a "white trash bash" theme. I can understand being so far south a little removed from the Springdale tragedy, but it would have been nice had the two schools coordinated something together as many are in the state. 

"White Trash Bash"..??..?? That could decimate half of the Greenwood attendees Friday nite....

:P

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Quote from: Baitshop on September 29, 2016, 04:34:04 pm
"White Trash Bash"..??..?? That could decimate half of the Greenwood attendees Friday nite....

We usually reserve the "White Trash" night for Benton, but since we play them away this year.......... 8)

Jeep71

bulldogger15

Quote from: Pr8hd on September 28, 2016, 08:43:30 am
"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. All of the pain is felt by others.
The same thing happens when you are stupid."

;D
Thanks for the insight on being stupid Pr8hd. I knew you would come through big time with something relevant before the end of the season. Keep playing to your strengths.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

gatecrasher

September 29, 2016, 09:02:35 pm #40 Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 09:04:22 pm by gatecrasher
Unless we do some serious cleaning up, GW will go into our house and hang half a hundred on us.
In the two losses (to Cabot and Lake Hamilton), that QB of ours has six turnovers that was turned into 35 points. Last week he throws a pick six and had a scoop and score fumble.
In the two wins, a grand total of 2 turnovers.

That ain't all....last week we had two face mask calls in three plays, and two illegal man downfield calls, to go along with several other dumb penalties.

This team is totally undisciplined.

This isn't representative of a Scott Reed coached team....at all.

gatecrasher

Same song and dance as the previous two years: substandard QB play.
Until that's resolved we will continue to be mediocre.

bulldogger15

And 90% of your customers Baitshop! Actually, it should be Bashed by White Trash. The only thing worse than having to go put it on El Dorado at their place is having to travel through Pine Bluff twice in one day.

The ED Slappy Cats need to get ready for a whippin....

And by the way, ALL trash matters.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Pr8hd

Quote from: bulldogger15 on September 29, 2016, 08:59:11 pm
Thanks for the insight on being stupid Pr8hd. I knew you would come through big time with something relevant before the end of the season. Keep playing to your strengths.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

I'm just calling a spade a spade, Bulldogger! I get this feeling every time I read one of your "Foghorn Leghorn" , blow hard posts. You know sort of like this:

bulldogger15

Quote from: gatecrasher on September 29, 2016, 09:02:35 pm
Unless we do some serious cleaning up, GW will go into our house and hang half a hundred on us.
In the two losses (to Cabot and Lake Hamilton), that QB of ours has six turnovers that was turned into 35 points. Last week he throws a pick six and had a scoop and score fumble.
In the two wins, a grand total of 2 turnovers.

That ain't all....last week we had two face mask calls in three plays, and two illegal man downfield calls, to go along with several other dumb penalties.

This team is totally undisciplined.

This isn't representative of a Scott Reed coached team....at all.
+1
MERCY RULE ON THE WAY!!!

Pr8hd

September 29, 2016, 09:10:53 pm #45 Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 09:18:39 pm by Pr8hd

Next year, we are having "Snot Nosed Blowout" as theme when the Mavs come to town to get their annual country arse whuppin' for the 6th year in a row.

It's either that or we are going to ask the kids to all wear one of those costumes that represent an identity complex.  You know a Columbia Blueish onesie thing that covers you from head to toe. Might just get a bunch of Columbia Blue Snuggies and put a a question mark on it, haven't decided? 

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Quote from: bulldogger15 on September 29, 2016, 09:07:00 pm
And 90% of your customers Baitshop! Actually, it should be Bashed by White Trash. The only thing worse than having to go put it on El Dorado at their place is having to travel through Pine Bluff twice in one day.

The ED Slappy Cats need to get ready for a whippin....

And by the way, ALL trash matters.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Look at a map. If you need to come through Pine Bluff to get to El Dorado from Little Rock, then you are going the long way around.

bulldogger15

Quote from: Pr8hd on September 29, 2016, 09:08:32 pm
I'm just calling a spade a spade, Bulldogger! I get this feeling every time I read one of your "Foghorn Leghorn" , blow hard posts. You know sort of like this:

Darn Pr8hd, when I first saw you had posted I was eagerly anticipating another insightful tale about how this game compared to games from years past when your kids played.

Keep up the good work!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

And to add to Gatecrasher's post, our defense is doing a very good job. Giving up about 14 ppg. Unfortunately our offense and special teams are giving up more than that to the other team via turnovers.  Add to that a lack of production in the last three games by the offense, we aren't going to win many. Granted we always get Lake Hamilton's best. No matter how good a year we are having or how good our team is, LH always gives us fits.  Unless Reed cleaned up some issues in practice this week after LH, then it could be long night for the home team.

bulldogger15

Quote from: 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT on September 29, 2016, 09:13:27 pm
Look at a map. If you need to come through Pine Bluff to get to El Dorado from Little Rock, then you are going the long way around.
Way to go smart guy. Don't assume I'm coming from Greenwood through Little Rock. I wish I didn't need to travel through PB twice, but being in Stuttgart at relatives for the weekend doesn't give me a lot of options.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas