• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JUNCTION CITY vs RIVERCREST @ WAR MEMORIAL STADIUM DEC 8 2017

Started by ISU7, December 01, 2017, 09:38:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who you got for the 2017 3A title

JC
73 (60.3%)
RC
48 (39.7%)

Total Members Voted: 120

bleudog

Quote from: Wildcat_Booster on December 09, 2017, 05:31:23 pm
Your basis is a website? I don't think a computer can actually validate what can happen on the field. But I will say JC has had a few really good 2A teams that could beat some 4A, heck I will say there is a 6A team they could compete with, LR Fair, those guys can't beat each other in practice!! But seriously though, congrats on making the finals, I think your new coach will always have them in the mix, he seems like a good offensive guy. Not sure who the DC is, if he brought someone in or he has been there, but this wasn't your typical JC Defense. Maybe they were young?

When a game is never really going to be played, I'd prefer to take into consideration a non-biased third party that utilizes objective data rather than what just turns into a he-said-he-said opinion fest.

I'm with you on this year's JC team having an atypical Dragon defense.  Jones brought no assistants with him.  All the current assistants have history with the program and no change was made at DC.  I'm not sure if the hurry up is to blame or not.  It puts up points (except last Friday) but it seems like JC morphed into the college teams that use it and those teams generally have little or no defense.  The kids this year bought into the offense scheme change and that's a lot of the battle.  This year's team did well but too often played sloppy.  The good news was they had confidence and were able to out athlete all of their opponents but one. Hopefully, as the kids in the system get used to the change they can play it with more discipline.

dragondad

Wildcat_booster wasn't talking that smack when he sent me this PM several weeks back.  If you're going to talk it, talk it even when you have no audience.
Quote from: Wildcat_Booster on November 21, 2017, 04:56:23 pm
I guess I need to clear something up here. My posts about JC are related to guy I know that works at one of the plants in El Dorado and we have bantered back and forth for several years and when I post and no matter who comments, I get a PM from him which are rather hilarious so my posts are not directed at you and you won't believe it but i do like  JC some. My favorite High School teams are in Texas where i used to live. Hope this clears up some of the banter back and forth. No harm intended, seriously! Good luck Friday with Clinton.

Wildcat_Booster

Quote from: dragondad on December 09, 2017, 05:37:48 pm
Just because you say "most JC folks" doesn't mean it's factual.  That one guy that works with you isn't, "most JC folks".

We could discuss El Dorado' s season.... but there wouldn't be much to discuss.  You talking trash is worse that some 501 Osceola yokall talking smack.  El Do a 2 seed in a 16 team conf, gets a bye and then got monkey stomped at home by a 3 seed that got stomped by Pine Bluff who got punished by the champ.

Hey, if your guys would come to JC maybe they'd be good more consistently competitive.  But that Promise recruitment tool didn't pan out for you AGAIN this year.... although it did suck in a decent player from Smackover.

I'm retired by the way--early retirement,

thabeast428

Heard Murphy only has 2 years left in their contract. So I wonder if they will still do the promise

Wildcat_Booster

Quote from: thabeast428 on December 09, 2017, 09:47:22 pm
Heard Murphy only has 2 years left in their contract. So I wonder if they will still do the promise

It was for 20 years and its been 7 so far. They will re new it or what I am hearing MUSA will.

THA TRUTH

cuz

Thoughts about the game. Rivercrest did get beat by Newport wasn't their night to win. Rivercrest beat Osceola it was their night to win as it was Junction City night to win against them also.  It wasn't Junctions night to win for sure but it could of been. The old saying any team can be beat is a true statement. Rivercrest played a flawless game and certainly earned the title. But there's always contributing factors. Think about them. Great season and congrats to both teams especially to Rivercrest.

snoopy22

Congrats to the Colts and congrats to my friend OSU7!  Good way for the Cotton Patch to go out!!

Wildcat_Booster

Quote from: THA TRUTH on December 09, 2017, 10:23:38 pm
It's been longer than 7

You are correct, times flies when you get old, I think it was a 10 yr Anniversary this past year, so at least 10 more. My apologies on being wrong. I don't live here anymore but still get the News-Times A.K.A. The Daily Disappointment so I keep up with the local news, sports and mainly Obits and Divorces!!

ISU7

Quote from: thabeast428 on December 09, 2017, 09:58:01 am
We will see how much trash they talk next year in 4a lol... Do them just like they did us when we moved to 3a. Good luck but til then hope we meet on the hardwood this year
FYI Crest defeated Gosnell the team that won the conference they are going to. They will be fine. At least they are moving up and not down lol. Do JC want a non conference. game with Crest or they wanna stay undefeated in 2A ball. So far they are 0-2 vs Crest right ouch. BTW one of Crest championships happens to be 4A so they been there done that. Relax JC game over yall did good. Good luck next season.

ISU7

Quote from: thabeast428 on December 09, 2017, 09:58:01 am
We will see how much trash they talk next year in 4a lol... Do them just like they did us when we moved to 3a. Good luck but til then hope we meet on the hardwood this year
Oh only difference Colts will not come on here making a post saying they will win 4A they know they will have to battle. I had a Fordyce fan tell me J Davis is her cousin that she hate they lose for him but glad to cause JC been bragging how they were gone run through 3A this year. Oh well end of story. On to 4A for the 2017 3A Champs RC Colts.

ISU7

Quote from: bearbacker52 on December 09, 2017, 04:00:28 pm
u can talk when u been to the rock 8 tmies
lol is that's way they going back to 2A cause they don't know that 9 is greater than 8.lol
Silly rabbit.

ISU7

Quote from: snoopy22 on December 09, 2017, 11:31:12 pm
Congrats to the Colts and congrats to my friend OSU7!  Good way for the Cotton Patch to go out!!
My goodness Snoopy22 its ISU7 aka 2017 FF pick ems champion representing the 3A and conf 3-3A 🏆💯

bearbacker52

when you win and win and win, others will be envious, its human nature cause we all want to win. Most of the jc posters just defend their teams on ff without putting other teams down. I said most, So when they do loose, they are gonna catch an avalanche of flack...Lets just respect each other cause we all from the beautiful state of Arkansas..

luxora4life

Quote from: bearbacker52 on December 10, 2017, 12:37:02 pm
when you win and win and win, others will be envious, its human nature cause we all want to win. Most of the jc posters just defend their teams on ff without putting other teams down. I said most, So when they do loose, they are gonna catch an avalanche of flack...Lets just respect each other cause we all from the beautiful state of Arkansas..

::)

bleudog

Quote from: bearbacker52 on December 09, 2017, 04:00:28 pm
u can talk when u been to the rock 8 times

Quote from: ISU7 on December 10, 2017, 10:01:06 am
lol is that's way they going back to 2A cause they don't know that 9 is greater than 8.lol
Silly rabbit.

Now don't be too rough on him 7.  JC's eight trips to WMS have all been in this century.  The seniors who played last Friday hadn't even been born when RC made four of its nine trips.  ;D

dragondad

Quote from: ISU7 on December 10, 2017, 10:01:06 am
Silly rabbit.

And 3/4 is > than 1/3

dragondad

bleudog

ISU7

Quote from: bleudog on December 10, 2017, 01:13:30 pm
Now don't be too rough on him 7.  JC's eight trips to WMS have all been in this century.  The seniors who played last Friday hadn't even been born when RC made four of its nine trips.  ;D
Lol  It all counts no matter when. Smackover still counts their 3 and they went in 1940, 1943 and 1949 of course they only played on half the field because the war was still going on on the other half..lol ;D

athletic supporter

when you win and win and win, others will be envious, its human nature cause we all want to win. Most of the jc posters just defend their teams on ff without putting other teams down. I said most, So when they do loose, they are gonna catch an avalanche of

Incorrect! JC has players from LOSEiana

sprained ankle

The 3-3A represented it self well in the playoffs this year! Congrats to the Colts!

bleudog

Quote from: ISU7 on December 11, 2017, 03:51:45 am
Lol  It all counts no matter when. Smackover still counts their 3 and they went in 1940, 1943 and 1949 of course they only played on half the field because the war was still going on on the other half..lol ;D

Yep, they all count.  Some of them are just a little harder to remember.

Congratulations again to RC.

dragondad

Quote from: athletic supporter on December 11, 2017, 07:11:12 am
when you win and win and win, others will be envious, its human nature cause we all want to win. Most of the jc posters just defend their teams on ff without putting other teams down. I said most, So when they do loose, they are gonna catch an avalanche of

And you refer to yourself as a Jock Strap....

Coltfan2005

Congrats to a really good Colt team for an outstanding season. Also to Coach Chandler, 2 state titles and 3 finals in a 12 (?) Year career as the Head Coach.

dragondad

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on December 11, 2017, 12:25:28 pm
Congrats to a really good Colt team for an outstanding season. Also to Coach Chandler, 2 state titles and 3 finals in a 12 (?) Year career as the Head Coach.

He's one heck or a coach,  Congrats!

bleudog

Quote from: dragondad on December 11, 2017, 01:13:18 pm
He's one heck or a coach,  Congrats!

Definitely.

Did he get a chance to work all his players in?  I was surprised RC still had their first team offense on the field up 41-14 with 3 minutes left in the game.

The Dragon staff was in a similar situation in 2003 when they beat Barton 40-12.  I always appreciated that the JC staff made an effort to make sure every Dragon got on the WMS field that game.  The freshmen on that 2003 JC team did make it back in 2006 as seniors, but for some players 2003 was their only chance to participate in a state championship game.  Steven Jones was a sophomore backup QB on that team and an example.  His and others getting in late in the '03 game was their only state championship playing experience. 

luxora4life

Quote from: bleudog on December 11, 2017, 02:35:59 pm
Definitely.

Did he get a chance to work all his players in?  I was surprised RC still had their first team offense on the field up 41-14 with 3 minutes left in the game.

The Dragon staff was in a similar situation in 2003 when they beat Barton 40-12.  I always appreciated that the JC staff made an effort to make sure every Dragon got on the WMS field that game.  The freshmen on that 2003 JC team did make it back in 2006 as seniors, but for some players 2003 was their only chance to participate in a state championship game.  Steven Jones was a sophomore backup QB on that team and an example.  His and others getting in late in the '03 game was their only state championship playing experience.

I believe Everyone touched the field.  It's hard to tell when a "4a team" don't have but 30+ players. 

luxora4life

Definitely.

bleudog

Quote from: luxora4life on December 11, 2017, 03:00:51 pm
I believe Everyone touched the field.  It's hard to tell when a "4a team" don't have but 30+ players. 

What some people believe and fact aren't always the same thing.

RC was the largest 3A school and I assume the AAA properly classified them .  JC was the smallest 3A school and but for an error at AAA would have been playing 2A football in 2016 and 2017.  http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/Admin/2016-18_Classification_Numbers.pdf

I don't know why the football team participation rate at RC is so low.  The kids who did play did very well.

I "believe" RC having their first string in that late in the game with a 27 point lead and deep in JC territory could have been handled differently, especially in the week 15 game. 

At least we didn't have anybody "touch the field" like that fellow in the 4A game.  :o

cuz

Quote from: bleudog on December 11, 2017, 03:36:47 pm
What some people believe and fact aren't always the same thing.

RC was the largest 3A school and I assume the AAA properly classified them .  JC was the smallest 3A school and but for an error at AAA would have been playing 2A football in 2016 and 2017.  http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/Admin/2016-18_Classification_Numbers.pdf

I don't know why the football team participation rate at RC is so low.  The kids that did play did very well.

I "believe" RC having their first string in that late in the game with a 27 point lead and deep in JC territory could have been handled differently, especially in the week 15 game. 

At least we didn't have anybody "touch the field" like that fellow in the 4A game. :o
Don't really feel that kid running out was handled right......

bearbacker52

Quote from: athletic supporter on December 11, 2017, 07:11:12 am

yes but the arkansas players mercy rule them in their annual scrimmage game, so whats your point??

ISU7

Definitely.

Lol and JC had their first team defense still in so stop it. Some of you guys full of excuses. Colts weren't the team who run through read next stop jewelry shop but you are not mentioning that. Smh By the way all Colts players played. A freshman lead RC in tackles. Good luck to JC next season. This one is over.

ISU7

Quote from: cuz on December 11, 2017, 05:46:24 pm
Don't really feel that kid running out was handled right......
Cmon cuz everybody in the school doesn't play football. Plus Crest would've had the ball deep in JC territory if they hadn't fumbled the punt remember.
Good luck next season Cuz.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: ISU7 on December 13, 2017, 06:04:05 am
Cmon cuz everybody in the school doesn't play football. Plus Crest would've had the ball deep in JC territory if they hadn't fumbled the punt remember.
He is talking about the 4A final.

cuz

Talking about the 4a game 7. It probably cost Warren that game. Posted that as a Topic with a video. Lot of views but never discussed.
Quote from: ISU7 on December 13, 2017, 05:51:18 am
Lol and JC had their first team defense still in so stop it. Some of you guys full of excuses. Colts weren't the team who run through read next stop jewelry shop but you are not mentioning that. Smh By the way all Colts players played. A freshman lead RC in tackles. Good luck to JC next season. This one is over.
You really should research your facts. That game was the ending of a era for Barton. I guess you aren't old enough to know about Barton and Papa Frank. If you were you wouldn't be talking that way. Junction posters might talk some smack but they also recognize a team that beat them. I don't think anyone forgot to congratulate Crest. If bleu post something you can take it to the bank, facts are his thing. Good luck Rivercrest next year....

bleudog

Quote from: ISU7 on December 13, 2017, 05:51:18 am

JC had its first team defense in because, even with a 27 point lead - in the red zone - with 3 minutes left in the game, RC still had their first team in.  C'mon 7, it's the coach with the big number on the score board who dictates when the 2 and 3 deep kids get to play. 

No excuse, the 2017 3A final was lopsided, but watching Carpenter be on the big number side for years allows for a pretty good point of reference on how those game should be handled.

Somebody (not a JC fan) mentioned something about JC and ordering rings.  I mentioned the sign Bearden used in their Mt Ida game and how it didn't work out that way,  I said JC wouldn't do what Bearden did.  I was wrong.  Copying Bearden's sign sure turned into bad juju.  Although in JC's previous WMS appearance they used a reference to "put a ring on it" and that game worked out better.  That was a 38-6 win over Hazen in 2014.  On a lighter note, I still think the playoff banner sign that many teams have used to have the other team tell their girlfriends they'll be free next Friday night is clever.  :)

Over the years, JC has had some gifted freshmen who started too.  Congratulations to the RC player who led RC in tackles.  But my reference to getting players in the game was the freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors who are considered the 2 and 3 deep players.  The JC seniors were freshmen on that 2014 state champion team and got back to be significant contributors.  But for many of the non-starters, last Friday may have been their only chance to play in a state championship game.  In a blowout game, which this year's 3A game was, everybody, players and the players' families, should have had an opportunity to bank that memory.

bleudog

Quote from: Oldman on December 13, 2017, 06:19:26 am
He is talking about the 4A final.

OM, I was a little confused about that one too.  ???

OM were you at the game?  I was going to say hi to a guy I thought might have been you but I didn't want to get punched out calling someone wearing a red jacket with Owls on the back Oldman.  ;D

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: bleudog on December 13, 2017, 09:50:16 am
OM, I was a little confused about that one too.  ???

OM were you at the game?  I was going to say hi to a guy I thought might have been you but I didn't want to get punched out calling someone wearing a red jacket with Owls on the back Oldman.  ;D
Lol no I was at camp watching it on tv.

STUNNA

bleudog

I remembered this being posted in an old JC-Dierks thread and 'loma got me started on where to look.  (Thanks)

Dierks couldn't get it done, but this pretty much sums up last Friday.

Quote from: paraloma on November 21, 2008, 11:27:06 am

bleudog

Quote from: STUNNA on December 13, 2017, 02:36:11 pm
When did Rivercrest win a title in 4a?

You have two to pick from.

RIVERCREST
2017 defeated Junction City, 48-14
2015 lost to Harding Academy, 33-18
2010 defeated Harding Academy, 14-10
2003 lost to Pulaski Academy, 64-32
2002 lost to Warren, 38-28
1986 lost to Wynne, 20-7
1985 defeated PB Dollarway, 15-6
1983 lost to Cabot, 20-6
1982 lost to Stuttgart, 7-0

Coltfan2005

STUNNA

Quote from: bleudog on December 13, 2017, 02:49:09 pm

RIVERCREST
1986 lost to Wynne, 20-7
1983 lost to Cabot, 20-6
2010 Shiloh Christian won the 4A title.

ISU7

Skip Baymore

Quote from: bleudog on December 13, 2017, 02:49:09 pm

RIVERCREST
1986 lost to Wynne, 20-7
1983 lost to Cabot, 20-6

The 2010 game was actually a 3A game (Colts in 3A here).   I was at it.  An almost miserable game to attend weather wise.  Not wet, but 40 degrees and the wind blowing 20 mph plus the whole night.  Advantage to the running team that night which was RC. 

OB11

Quote from: Skip Baymore on December 13, 2017, 11:58:46 pm
The 2010 game was actually a 3A game (Colts in 3A here).   I was at it.  An almost miserable game to attend weather wise.  Not wet, but 40 degrees and the wind blowing 20 mph plus the whole night.  Advantage to the running team that night which was RC.

They used their big back most of the night and bruised it down the field. Had been more of a speed/big play team the entire year up until that game.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: OB11 on December 14, 2017, 08:34:14 am
They used their big back most of the night and bruised it down the field. Had been more of a speed/big play team the entire year up until that game.
They were clearly the better team in that game.

bleudog

Quote from: Skip Baymore on December 13, 2017, 11:58:46 pm

Quote from: OB11 on December 14, 2017, 08:34:14 am

Quote from: CoolBreeze on December 14, 2017, 02:00:01 pm
They were clearly the better team in that game.

Reads like a close game.

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2010/dec/11/rivercrest-14-harding-academy-10/

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas