• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3-4A Week 0

Started by PokeyRedskinStudentScout, August 19, 2018, 10:56:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Welcome to the third year of weekly analysis in the 3-4A. Let me start off by welcoming our new members in Rivercrest to the show. Now let's talk real, competive football.
Gosnell @ Nettleton: The game of the week involving a team in this conference. Gosnell has a strong senior class and, as per usual, about 6 RBs that are viable options to run the ball. Nettleton loses quite a bit, but the defense and speed is still there. Overall, even though the Pirates habe a tendency to start slow, I think they come out on top. Pirates: 33 Raiders: 20
Highland @ Valley View: Highland has some decent players at skill positions but not enough depth or overall talent. Valley View isn't where it was last year when they started coming into their own at the 5A level, but have enough in the long run to win it relatively easy.
Blazers: 41 Rebels: 22
Cave City @ Hoxie: In what may be a conference game come next cycle, Cave City has trouble in the new system (Wing-T) and, unless there's some backwoods brutes, doesn't hang except when the score's 0-0.
Mustangs: 48 Cavemen: 13
Brookland @ Riverview: This could be interesting as well. Brookland lost a lot but the team is constantly getting more players to buy in and with a lot of success in Junior high, could be a playoff team this year. Riverview is returning half their starters, and with a QB the level of Griffin Miller, I think Brookland has trouble with the speed and agility. Raiders: 39 Bearcats: 23
Westside @ Greene County Tech: A lot of people are high on the Warriors after hosting their first ever home playoff game last season. They do return half their offense, and even with their lack of size, the run game does the job for them. GCT has a new staff and will gradually improve series by series, but fall in the end.
Warriors: 27 Golden Eagles: 16
Thanks for visiting, and we all look forward to a fun, competitive, injury-free season.

Coltfan2005

Rivercrest plays open, you forgot that one.

bigchief72455

Colts better look out for Open. Heard they were undefeated.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: PokeyRedskinStudentScout on August 19, 2018, 10:56:20 am
Welcome to the third year of weekly analysis in the 3-4A. Let me start off by welcoming our new members in Rivercrest to the show. Now let's talk real, competive football.
Gosnell @ Nettleton: The game of the week involving a team in this conference. Gosnell has a strong senior class and, as per usual, about 6 RBs that are viable options to run the ball. Nettleton loses quite a bit, but the defense and speed is still there. Overall, even though the Pirates habe a tendency to start slow, I think they come out on top. Pirates: 33 Raiders: 20
Highland @ Valley View: Highland has some decent players at skill positions but not enough depth or overall talent. Valley View isn't where it was last year when they started coming into their own at the 5A level, but have enough in the long run to win it relatively easy.
Blazers: 41 Rebels: 22
Cave City @ Hoxie: In what may be a conference game come next cycle, Cave City has trouble in the new system (Wing-T) and, unless there's some backwoods brutes, doesn't hang except when the score's 0-0.
Mustangs: 48 Cavemen: 13
Brookland @ Riverview: This could be interesting as well. Brookland lost a lot but the team is constantly getting more players to buy in and with a lot of success in Junior high, could be a playoff team this year. Riverview is returning half their starters, and with a QB the level of Griffin Miller, I think Brookland has trouble with the speed and agility. Raiders: 39 Bearcats: 23
Westside @ Greene County Tech: A lot of people are high on the Warriors after hosting their first ever home playoff game last season. They do return half their offense, and even with their lack of size, the run game does the job for them. GCT has a new staff and will gradually improve series by series, but fall in the end.
Warriors: 27 Golden Eagles: 16
Thanks for visiting, and we all look forward to a fun, competitive, injury-free season.

Gosnell usually starts of slow but last year nettleton was a one trick pony on offense and that pony is gone. I would go with Gosnell. That's about the only game really in question, the rest should go the way you say. Hat off to the majority of the conf for electing to face quality opponents in the first week.

bigchief72455

August 19, 2018, 09:42:54 pm #4 Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 09:47:11 pm by bigchief72455
Nettleton lost most of their offense from last season. Defensively they are still alright but it will be exhausting for them when their O may go 3 and out a lot. I agree that Gosnell should have the advantage. I also agree with Coltfan2005. It is nice to see a challenging non conf schedule. It pays off later in the season.  Especially would like to see Week 3 with Rivercrest and Osceola. It always a great game but Pocahontas will be travelling to Batesville South Side, I will be there

Coltfan2005

I'm going to go ahead and pick Pokey in that one, I believe SS is over rated just a smidge...OK, a long smidge.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 20, 2018, 08:12:12 pm
I'm going to go ahead and pick Pokey in that one, I believe SS is over rated just a smidge...OK, a long smidge.
Something I'd say most everyone in this conference (and a lot of the state) can agree with

bigchief72455

I figure SS will find out a lot of things Saturday.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: bigchief72455 on August 20, 2018, 09:38:18 pm
I figure SS will find out a lot of things Saturday.
yea I do to but they want find an answer on how to stop Burks

bigchief72455

The answer is........ you can't.

Redskin2015

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on August 21, 2018, 02:57:38 am
yea I do to but they want find an answer on how to stop Burks
Best option might be hope he doesn't get on the bus

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Quote from: Redskin2015 on August 21, 2018, 10:18:42 am
Best option might be hope he doesn't get on the bus
That or they might end up trying some cheap shots if it gets bad enough... It would be hard to go up against him and not just be in awe of how much of an athlete he is, but it's something you have to control as the other team

Taxman

I believe that if Gosnell stays within two scores of Nettleton it will be a good night.  If Nettleton gets the penalties under control they should win easily.  Had three scores called back because the were not playing smart. 

SouthsideSouthernerDad

Quote from: PokeyRedskinStudentScout on August 21, 2018, 11:23:09 am
That or they might end up trying some cheap shots if it gets bad enough... It would be hard to go up against him and not just be in awe of how much of an athlete he is, but it's something you have to control as the other team
Southside has taken a beating from top athletes before and never dropped to that level of cheap shots!

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Taxman on August 21, 2018, 05:18:20 pm
I believe that if Gosnell stays within two scores of Nettleton it will be a good night.  If Nettleton gets the penalties under control they should win easily.  Had three scores called back because the were not playing smart. 

It's a lot easier to score if you don't follow the rules.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Quote from: SouthsideSouthernerDad on August 21, 2018, 06:57:51 pm
Southside has taken a beating from top athletes before and never dropped to that level of cheap shots!
I'm not saying they will and don't believe they're that way, but with enough frustration, some things happen that aren't necessary and are regretted

SouthsideSouthernerDad

On a different note I'm looking forward to our Pokey in week 3. I think it should be a good game.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Quote from: SouthsideSouthernerDad on August 21, 2018, 07:39:53 pm
On a different note I'm looking forward to our Pokey in week 3. I think it should be a good game.
I am too. Never been able to see each other in person and could set the tone for the rest of the year for both teams, but it's 4 weeks away and hard to tell

redandgray

Thanks for the Rivercrest welcome! 

bigchief72455

Best of luck to the teams playing this evening.

Paperman

Rivercrest 90, OPEN 0
Hoxie 40, Cave City 12
Westside 32, GCT 15
Valley View 28, Highland 18
Riverview 36, Brookland 18
Gosnell 33, Nettleton 14
Trumann Open
Pocahontas Open

Have a great year everyone. Hopefully injury free.

bigchief72455

Quote from: Paperman on August 24, 2018, 03:00:17 pm
Rivercrest 90, OPEN 0
Hoxie 40, Cave City 12
Westside 32, GCT 15
Valley View 28, Highland 18
Riverview 36, Brookland 18
Gosnell 33, Nettleton 14
Trumann Open
Pocahontas Open

Have a great year everyone. Hopefully injury free.
I really think you are underestimating how good OPEN really is. Playing 3 teams in one night is an elite team effort.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: bigchief72455 on August 24, 2018, 03:09:46 pm
I really think you are underestimating how good OPEN really is. Playing 3 teams in one night is an elite team effort.

eligible for post of the week

bodycounTT

Hoxie 44, Cave City 6
Westside 32, GCT 15
Valley View 38, Highland 12
Riverview 46, Brookland 26
Gosnell 33, Nettleton 7
Trumann Open
Pocahontas Open
Rivercrest Open

Redskin2015

Hoxie-42 cave city-0
Westside-30 gct- 7
VV-35 highland-13
Riverview-35 brookland-40
Gosnell 28 Nettleton 17

Coltfan2005

Colts not playing tonight. Gonna watch me some Pea Ridge, Highland, and Bauxite football. Listen to Hoxie, Gosnell, and Brookland.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 24, 2018, 06:21:10 pm
Colts not playing tonight. Gonna watch me some Pea Ridge, Highland, and Bauxite football. Listen to Hoxie, Gosnell, and Brookland.
I considered possibly going to Cave City and Hoxie but decided I like AC more than going to a game with no relevance to me. And Soncom Media is streaming Gosnell@Nettleton on Facebook

Coltfan2005

Then I'll be watching Gosnell. Facebook page?

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 24, 2018, 06:42:38 pm
Then I'll be watching Gosnell. Facebook page?
Soncom Media Productions

Coltfan2005

first thoughts. LONG LONG season ahead for Cave City.

Coltfan2005

Turned off Pea Ridge game...

Coltfan2005

First thoughts on Gosnell...two fast backs but small up front.

bigchief72455

August 24, 2018, 08:02:39 pm #32 Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 08:04:59 pm by bigchief72455
Heard they had to replace most of their line from last year. That could be a problem for them.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

My view on Nettleton: Good size and depth, Cain is the majority of the offense. Young QB is shaky, lobs ball a lot

bigchief72455

Any word on the GCT and Westside score

Coltfan2005

0-0 late in 2nd. Train came by and blew whistle. Westside thought it was half time and left field. Three plays later, GCT kicked a field goal.

bigchief72455

Coltfan2005

Not often you see a 240 lb QB but Gosnell had one tonight

bigchief72455

Coach's son. He is also a Dlineman

Coltfan2005

Did a pretty good job on that last drive

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Looks like GCT over Westside 53-52

bigchief72455

Looks like no defense.

bigchief72455

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 24, 2018, 09:37:22 pm
Did a pretty good job on that last drive
He might be hard to sack. Lol

bigchief72455

Well maybe we will get some wins in conference next week.

Ghs21

Gosnells defense looked really impressive tonight. There offense will get better each week with 4 sophomores on the line. There running backs look really good. Nettleton will compete for there conference championship and gosnell will be among the top of the comfeeence as well. I think people are also sleeping on nettleton. Good depth tremendous size and some good receivers .

bigchief72455

Pocahontas has Nettleton next week so it should be interesting to see. Always good to play against better teams in non conference schedule.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: bigchief72455 on August 24, 2018, 10:47:31 pm
Well maybe we will get some wins in conference next week.

you got a conf game next week?

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 25, 2018, 12:12:41 pm
you got a conf game next week?
What he's saying is that no 3-4A team won this week and maybe next week some teams in- conference will win

Coltfan2005

Much thanks for the interpretation. I can guarantee at least one conf win next week. Actually, I can say two wins.

bigchief72455

Yeah Pocahontas should win next week. Lol. Nah I figure the Colts should roll on Paragould

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas