• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Justin Kramer and De Queen Leopards

Started by Leopard, May 16, 2015, 05:20:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Leopard

Justin Kramer has been at De Queen for 2 years I believe.  I believe the record their is 1-19.  From the games I have seen, Kramer has installed a new sense of pride in the kids and is going to do big things for this program.  Is their improvement? Change in philosophy? I'm just curious how things are going down there. What do the Leopards look like to other teams in their conference?

The_Pioneer

beach bum

FanOfTheSport

DQ is a Soccer & Track school now I feel bad for the football coach he's got a long road ahead at DQ.

Lionheart88

Quote from: Leopard on May 16, 2015, 05:20:20 pm
Justin Kramer has been at De Queen for 2 years I believe.  I believe the record their is 1-19.  From the games I have seen, Kramer has installed a new sense of pride in the kids and is going to do big things for this program.  Is their improvement? Change in philosophy? I'm just curious how things are going down there. What do the Leopards look like to other teams in their conference?
Not good.  I doubt they win more than one or two conference games per year for the foreseeable future.  They need numbers as much as anything.  DeQueen is one of the very few football schools in the state that has more boys on their varsity soccer team than on their varsity football team.  That should say a lot right there.

Leopard

Quote from: Lionheart88 on May 19, 2015, 02:09:14 pm
Not good.  I doubt they win more than one or two conference games per year for the foreseeable future.  They need numbers as much as anything.  DeQueen is one of the very few football schools in the state that has more boys on their varsity soccer team than on their varsity football team.  That should say a lot right there.
With that being said, are there others schools that are a soccer school instead of a football school?  I have wondered this for a while and never really have seen anything.

Leopard

Quote from: Lionheart88 on May 19, 2015, 02:09:14 pm
And also, the numbers have gradually been improving from my understanding.  Better times are ahead I hope.  I hate seeing the state that the program is in now compared to the 1990s and late 2000s

FanOfTheSport

You say numbers are improving but how many of those numbers are 5'5"-5'7" Hispanics that are playing football and futball?

Leopard

Quote from: FanOfTheSport on May 19, 2015, 03:11:35 pm
You say numbers are improving but how many of those numbers are 5'5"-5'7" Hispanics that are playing football and futball?
True, I would say roughly 60% of the team, minimum, to be honest. We need more size and speed.  Our D1 caliber Hispanic tackle (who held agim and frustrated him the majority of the night) moved away and so that has set De Queen even further back, size and talent wise. Honestly, the way enrollment and the diversity looks like in the school system, De Queen will continue to be a Soccer/ Track school with am occasional good year or so in baseball or softball.  But Coach Kramer seems to be squeezing all the talent he can get out of kids, by pushing them harder and demanding higher standards. As evident by their improvement in their last three games last season. Who knows, maybe we can develop some stellar Hispanics (maybe a mark Sanchez) to lead us to the playoffs.  I have faith

Uncle Ivan

Or maybe we need to get on with massive deportations.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas