• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Batesville Visitor Stands

Started by DB, May 10, 2015, 08:17:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DB

I've wanted to get on here and point this out and just haven't taken the time.

I've wondered if Batesville has ever taken the notion of hospitality to heart.  I was glad to hear that Morrilton is finally getting serious about accommodating folks that come to town to watch a game by fixing the visitor bleachers.  Last fall, I happened to be listening to Drive Time when they were at a Batesville game.  Of course they interviewed D. King.  They were asking him about the stadium(I think there was some band bleachers added or something).  One of his comments was that visitors have never liked the offset bleachers.  He went on to say that personally, he liked it the way it was and that visiting teams' fans didn't like it.  He even gave a little bit of a chuckle when he said it. 

What does that say about a school district that your head coach can get on, not just a local radio broadcast but a statewide broadcast, and say that he likes it that visiting fans have to sit in stands that start at the 50 yard line because those visitors don't like it and can't enjoy the game the same way they do at every other stadium that they go to?  What kind of arrogance is that?  It's one thing to think that and share that thought in closed circle but what kind of personality would get on arguably the most widely heard broadcast in the state and brag about it?  Honestly, I don't think Rainwater and his bunch quite knew how to respond to King's statements.

Thoughts?

FD4

Maumelle, no visitor stands, both sides sit on the same side.  Like many other stadiums around the country.  I don't know, perhaps its just a simple case of "It is what it is".  The stands have little to do with the game.  I know it has a lot to do with where people sit, we all want to sit in a similar position at every stadium.  I really never minded the Batesville seating arrangement. 

walkingguy72396

The Batesville Visitor stands have nothing on the Wynne Visitors stands.  Almost always the visitors ask, are we on the correct side?  I think it even confuses opposing players during warm-ups  for play off games, hamming it up for the wrong fans.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on May 11, 2015, 10:48:55 pm
The Batesville Visitor stands have nothing on the Wynne Visitors stands.  Almost always the visitors ask, are we on the correct side?  I think it even confuses opposing players during warm-ups  for play off games, hamming it up for the wrong fans.

Quite a few Wynne people watch games exclusively from the visitors side.  I'm one of them.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: FD4 on May 11, 2015, 01:23:12 pm
Maumelle, no visitor stands, both sides sit on the same side.  Like many other stadiums around the country.  I don't know, perhaps its just a simple case of "It is what it is".  The stands have little to do with the game.  I know it has a lot to do with where people sit, we all want to sit in a similar position at every stadium.  I really never minded the Batesville seating arrangement. 

If our millage vote passes, we'll be getting visitor bleachers.  They should be ready by fall of 2018.  It would be nice to have them sooner, but as you said - it is what it is.  I think we're also getting a track.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on May 12, 2015, 01:23:42 pm

If our millage vote passes, we'll be getting visitor bleachers.  They should be ready by fall of 2018.  It would be nice to have them sooner, but as you said - it is what it is.  I think we're also getting a track.

That would definitely make it look more like a "stadium". That being said, I personally think you (Maumelle) have one of the best high school stadiums that I've seen recently.

FD4

I really liked the Maumelle stadium, and you could put an entire county in those Home Stands.  Interesting Factoid.  When Wynne was there in the playoff game, the stadium got ready for the National Anthem, some sort of problem occurred with the PA System for the Singing or what ever, I was on the top row and ran down to the window and got the attention of the stadium announcer, gestured to ask the Wynne Band to play the Anthem.  Instead, he must of thought I was the Band Director, so he simply announced that Wynne would play the Anthem, The band had just tuned up and fortunately was ready.  Good Stuff.
Once Maumelle gets those visitor stands and a track, that will be an awesome stadium.

Chief_Osceola™

Unfortunately the mileage didn't pass, so for now no visitor bleachers or track. I really think if it had been left up to the people of Maumelle, we'd have passed something. However, it was an entire district-wide vote, and there aren't many in the greater Little Rock area willing to invest in the infrastructure required to improve the school district. So for now the rest of the district continues to drag us down.

MDXPHD

May 13, 2015, 10:36:09 am #8 Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 10:39:00 am by MDXPHD
Quote from: DB on May 10, 2015, 08:17:50 pm

I've wondered if Batesville has ever taken the notion of hospitality to heart.  I was glad to hear that Morrilton is finally getting serious about accommodating folks that come to town to watch a game by fixing the visitor bleachers.  Last fall, I happened to be listening to Drive Time when they were at a Batesville game.  Of course they interviewed D. King.  They were asking him about the stadium(I think there was some band bleachers added or something).  One of his comments was that visitors have never liked the offset bleachers.  He went on to say that personally, he liked it the way it was and that visiting teams' fans didn't like it.  He even gave a little bit of a chuckle when he said it. 

What does that say about a school district that your head coach can get on, not just a local radio broadcast but a statewide broadcast, and say that he likes it that visiting fans have to sit in stands that start at the 50 yard line because those visitors don't like it and can't enjoy the game the same way they do at every other stadium that they go to?  What kind of arrogance is that?  It's one thing to think that and share that thought in closed circle but what kind of personality would get on arguably the most widely heard broadcast in the state and brag about it?  Honestly, I don't think Rainwater and his bunch quite knew how to respond to King's statements.

Thoughts?

They were moved before this last season started.  Does that make you feel better?

I don't think it says anything at all about the school district though. You were offended, but you're probably one of very few.

FD4

I feel our pain on the millage.  Unfortunately, most of the voting against was probably due to a lack of education and understanding.  However, sometimes throwing money at a problem does not necessarily mean you get rid of the problem, in some cases, it gets worse.  In the case of needing some improvements to the facility at Maumelle High School, maybe the athletic supporters need to go after some private donations.  That's how we finally managed to get our turf field at Wynne, to a degree.  Wish y'all the best.

Chief_Osceola™

We've tried that route. We had a large sum set up to be donated, but the PCSSD blocked it. Apparently it would have given our school and athletic programs an unfair competitive advantage over other schools in their district.

The_Pioneer

I hear we also pay the refs to give us all of the calls too. 

AirWarren

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on May 12, 2015, 01:23:42 pm

I really hate that the mileage didn't pass.

AirWarren

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on May 14, 2015, 04:32:11 pm
We've tried that route. We had a large sum set up to be donated, but the PCSSD blocked it. Apparently it would have given our school and athletic programs an unfair competitive advantage over other schools in their district.

I personally think Pulaski Robinson and Maumelle need to do everything in their will to break away from the PCSSD. Maumelle is too nice of a town and PR is in a nice enough area of LR to be able to sustain on their own without PCSSD dragging them down.

Give Maumelle a couple more years and I think they will be broken from them.

Intelligentsia

Thoughts?

Batesville's stands were moved well before the start of the season last year.  Even as they were before, they still beat most visitors accomodations with easy visitor access to a pretty much dedicated visitor concession stand and very clean bathrooms, just as accessible to parking as is the home stands, and far more visitor capacity than many 5-A stadiums.  Much ado about nothing likely elicited the chuckle!

Leadbelly

Thoughts?
He is the district! You must not know the hierarchy at Batesville very well!

Intelligentsia

Quote from: Leadbelly on May 15, 2015, 03:36:53 pm

Thoughts?

Jealous a little?  Coach King has EARNED the respect of players, parents, district staff, and the community through more than just the development of a winning program.  Yes, respect does increase one's influence, rightly so.  I expect that good men with successful programs always gain influence. 

btownbomber

May 16, 2015, 04:00:02 pm #17 Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 04:01:58 pm by btownbomber
Quote from: Intelligentsia on May 16, 2015, 01:19:02 pm

Thoughts?

Jealous a little?  Coach King has EARNED the respect of players, parents, district staff, and the community through more than just the development of a winning program.  Yes, respect does increase one's influence, rightly so.  I expect that good men with successful programs always gain influence.
One title in approx 20 yrs?

Intelligentsia

Quote from: btownbomber on May 16, 2015, 04:00:02 pm

Thoughts?

Respect is not the result of titles - it is the result of character, integrity, and honesty.  I'm worried far more about building young men than winning championships.  If championships are your measure of a coach, you need to grow up:)

Leadbelly

May 17, 2015, 11:18:04 am #19 Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 11:21:50 am by Leadbelly
Quote from: Intelligentsia on May 16, 2015, 10:26:22 pm

Thoughts?

Respect is not the result of titles - it is the result of character, integrity, and honesty.  I'm worried far more about building young men than winning championships.  If championships are your measure of a coach, you need to grow up:)
Character, Integrity and honesty? Are you for real? YOU really don't know the hierarchy at BHS. And you really have no clue and shouldn't be telling others to grow up. Cause those three words DO NOT FIT in this topic or conversation. Btw, that's what people who don't win championships normally say, just doesn't was here!

The_Pioneer

Grond

Speaking as a conference competitor to Batesville, and as someone who would give my left arm for us to have beat Batesville.........

Batesville wins because they have a well run program. I have seen sooooo many games where, we would start to do something successful, and the Batesville coaching stuff would make the right adjustment.

Batesville has some good players, but they are not a "hot bed" of talent. The coaching staff does a good job of making EVERY PLAYER as good as they can be. Especially when it comes to speed training.

Batesville comes off as cocky, but winning tends to do that. No bad incidents with Batesville fans. (Although there are a few knucklehead Batesville supporters on Fearless Friday.)  :P

MDXPHD

Quote from: Leadbelly on May 17, 2015, 11:18:04 am
Quote from: Intelligentsia on May 16, 2015, 10:26:22 pm

Character, Integrity and honesty? Are you for real? YOU really don't know the hierarchy at BHS. And you really have no clue and shouldn't be telling others to grow up. Cause those three words DO NOT FIT in this topic or conversation. Btw, that's what people who don't win championships normally say, just doesn't was here!

I think Intelligentsia knows quite a bit about the hierarchy at BHS.

Did you make an account just to bash a head coach that you obviously don't like?

Quote from: Grond on May 17, 2015, 10:32:18 pm
Speaking as a conference competitor to Batesville, and as someone who would give my left arm for us to have beat Batesville.........

Batesville wins because they have a well run program. I have seen sooooo many games where, we would start to do something successful, and the Batesville coaching stuff would make the right adjustment.

Batesville has some good players, but they are not a "hot bed" of talent. The coaching staff does a good job of making EVERY PLAYER as good as they can be. Especially when it comes to speed training.

Batesville comes off as cocky, but winning tends to do that. No bad incidents with Batesville fans. (Although there are a few knucklehead Batesville supporters on Fearless Friday.)  :P

Wait, are you saying you can have a successful program without winning the state championship every year? That doesn't seem right... ::) You are correct about Batesville not being a hot bed. It's impressive they can continually win at the rate they do without producing superior athletes.

The_Pioneer

Considering how few players Batesville has had play college football, at any level, yeah, it's quite amazing at the level of success.

Intelligentsia

May 18, 2015, 03:20:11 pm #24 Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 03:27:57 pm by Intelligentsia
Quote from: Intelligentsia
link=topic=141811.msg3162455#msg3162455 date=1431833182

Thoughts?

You have no idea who your talking to:). I know more about the BSD than you could even imagine.  I know the warts, scars, and blemishes.  I know full well the hierarchy of the district, far better than do you.  Do I agree with everything that has occurred in the district, no.  Have I always agreed with Coach King, no.  But I can say with a GREAT deal of authority, even with it's flaws, the sports program does operate with a much higher integrity than most - again, based on my significant knowledge and experience.  Back to the Championships?  Batesville has won as many or more than any district in north central Arkansas when you consider all sports.  Batesville is not a hotbed of football talent, but they compete pretty well, I'd say.  They also compete quite well in a number of other sports; emphasizing the  participation in multiple sports for their athletes.

Leadbelly

Quote from: Intelligentsia on May 18, 2015, 03:20:11 pm
Quote from: Intelligentsia
link=topic=141811.msg3162455#msg3162455 date=1431833182

Thoughts?

You have no idea who your talking to:). I know more about the BSD than you could even imagine.  I know the warts, scars, and blemishes.  I know full well the hierarchy of the district, far better than do you.  Do I agree with everything that has occurred in the district, no.  Have I always agreed with Coach King, no.  But I can say with a GREAT deal of authority, even with it's flaws, the sports program does operate with a much higher integrity than most - again, based on my significant knowledge and experience.  Back to the Championships?  Batesville has won as many or more than any district in north central Arkansas when you consider all sports.  Batesville is not a hotbed of football talent, but they compete pretty well, I'd say.  They also compete quite well in a number of other sports; emphasizing the  participation in multiple sports for their athletes.
Wellllll! Congratulations to you! You are correct in that I don't know 100% who you are and I really don't give a rat's furry...left ear. I can tell you that by the arrogance of your post you keep good company there on the hill! Funny, but I responded to the post concerning the arrogance of D. King and the school district. Thanks for the confirmation. Based on your "significant knowledge and experience" I would be willing to guess that you are a member of King's posse and hangers' on who have free access to the sidelines and/or a former district official that lives your life Vicariously thru King. Either way I'm done with the conversation. Thanks again for the confirmation of arrogance!

Intelligentsia

Where is the arrogance? Saying that I'm more familiar with Batesville's program is just a fact.  Saying Coach King and staff treat the kids and community with respect is my opinion.  Stating that our sports program is not without its flaws is only logical.  The idea that King's coaching staff operates with dignity and promotes the well being of players is the opinion of the vast majority of players, parents, and the community.  If that is how you define arrogance, I guess I'm arrogant:)

The_Pioneer

The best part is that this individual is done with this conversation, which was mostly a drive by originating from.....themself.  Go figure.

Leadbelly

Quote from: The_Pioneer on May 20, 2015, 03:59:54 pm
The best part is that this individual is done with this conversation, which was mostly a drive by originating from.....themself.  Go figure.
We can always count on an adult, well educated response(see above) from you Pioneer. Must have been an All-Stater!

The_Pioneer

MDXPHD

Quote from: Leadbelly on May 20, 2015, 08:55:31 pm
We can always count on an adult, well educated response(see above) from you Pioneer. Must have been an All-Stater!

That doesn't make any sense.

The_Pioneer

According to FF, I'm an All Star.  Close though.

Leadbelly

Quote from: MDXPHD on May 21, 2015, 11:15:41 am

The post MDXPHD, I referred to by The_Pioneer(especially upset) was taken down. Prolly by the mods or maybe because Pioneer realized how stupid it was. Well.....I'm betting the mods. As for the "Intelligentsia" If you can't see the arrogance in your post.....You may not be so "Intelligentsia!" and we may need to get a Fact Check "You have no idea who your talking to" I know I'm talking to someone who pays fop parking and doesn't know the difference between your and you're. You are arrogant, just like I stated originally and you should feel right at home!

The_Pioneer

May 26, 2015, 06:20:42 pm #33 Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 06:22:41 pm by The_Pioneer
I thought you were done with this.

football3223

Quote from: Leadbelly on May 26, 2015, 03:30:01 pm
Quote from: MDXPHD on May 21, 2015, 11:15:41 am

The post MDXPHD, I referred to by The_Pioneer(especially upset) was taken down. Prolly by the mods or maybe because Pioneer realized how stupid it was. Well.....I'm betting the mods. As for the "Intelligentsia" If you can't see the arrogance in your post.....You may not be so "Intelligentsia!" and we may need to get a Fact Check "You have no idea who your talking to" I know I'm talking to someone who pays fop parking and doesn't know the difference between your and you're. You are arrogant, just like I stated originally and you should feel right at home!
I think you just proved exactly what The Pioneer posted. truly upset. You're making a very very broad generalization about an entire community, and that's either ignorance or you just have a deep disdain for Batesville and what they've accomplished.

PrivateLesson

I always enjoy MXPHD posts.   

Now....where is Bob Dole? lol! ;D

PA Dad

June 05, 2015, 10:29:42 pm #36 Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 11:46:53 pm by PA Dad
I don't have a dog in this fight, but I will say that Intelligentsia, MDXPHD, and the Pioneer make intelligent and relevant contributions to this forum.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: PA Dad on June 05, 2015, 10:29:42 pm
I don't have a dog in this fight, but I will say that Intelligentsia, MDXPHD, and the Pioneer make intelligent and relevant contributions to this forum.

Thanks, PA Dad.  I suspect most of what I said about the Batesville program holds true for the majority opinion of patrons and students concernimg the coaching staff at P.A.  Fine program and fine coaching staff.

PA Dad

June 06, 2015, 05:33:01 pm #38 Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 05:34:47 pm by PA Dad
Quote from: Intelligentsia on June 06, 2015, 12:45:43 am
Quote from: PA Dad on June 05, 2015, 10:29:42 pm

Thanks, PA Dad.  I suspect most of what I said about the Batesville program holds true for the majority opinion of patrons and students concernimg the coaching staff at P.A.  Fine program and fine coaching staff.

End quote.

I think I can safely speak for all PA fans and say that we are proud of our program and coaching staff.  But I am most proud of the kids.  They work very hard.  And a great coach can do very little unless the kids are willing to work hard.  Kudos to all the high school athletes!  We would not have the opportunity to enjoy this forum without them.

PrivateLesson

That's true about the kids.    But why does most threads turn out to be about PA?    I thought this thread was about Batesville?   And I agree, that there are many who provide relevant information to this forum.   :)

PA Dad

Quote from: PrivateLesson on June 06, 2015, 06:12:13 pm
That's true about the kids.    But why does most threads turn out to be about PA?    I thought this thread was about Batesville?   And I agree, that there are many who provide relevant information to this forum.   :)

I was just responding to Intelligentsia.  I did not mean to detract from Batesville in any manner.  They have a great program.  And I apologize if I turned attention to PA.  That was not my intention.

My primary point was that it's the kids that make the program.  It matters not what school they attend.  They are the stars.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: PrivateLesson on June 06, 2015, 06:12:13 pm

I brought P.A. into the conversation to provide another example of a solid program which has earned the respect of their patrons, parents, and students, while being castigated by what appear to be a few jealous folks in other areas of the state.  I could have as easily sited Greenwood, Wynne, or half dozen other schools, whose Coaching staff make a big difference through exceptional leadership.

PrivateLesson

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas