• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We'll Be Back Soon

Started by AT, April 30, 2015, 04:52:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

;D

I know, it's a quality post. But Alma will be in the 5A West with all their old friends soon.

Proud Buckaroo

Isn't that what you wanted this whole time? Lol. ;)

AT

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on April 30, 2015, 05:23:01 pm
Isn't that what you wanted this whole time? Lol. ;)

It might be what I wanted, but I understand that your school has to play where they fall and I think it will help the sports program at Alma to play in 6A for these two years.

Coach Venny Slocombe

tmycjy

Quote from: Almatrackster on April 30, 2015, 04:52:09 pm
;D

I know, it's a quality post. But Alma will be in the 5A West with all their old friends soon.

glad to have u back in 5-A so dose this mean the November shootout become the September shootout lol lol lol lol lol just joking BUT glad to have alma back in 5-A class welcome back

MikeDieselâ„¢

It's always easier to be the big dog, then the little one.  :)

AT

Quote from: MikeDieselâ„¢ on May 01, 2015, 11:53:02 am
It's always easier to be the big dog, then the little one.  :)

Of course, when we move down Parkview moves down with us for basketball...guess you can't get everything you'd like.

FD4

Glad yall are back as well, I always liked the palyoff matchup against us at Wynne. 

tmycjy

Quote from: FD4 on May 05, 2015, 04:13:58 pm
Glad yall are back as well, I always liked the palyoff matchup against us at Wynne. 

Yep

Here all the wynne VR Alma game from playoffs

2004 simi finals. Wynne VR Alma 14-7 Wynne. Wynne home team Alma Visitter team
2000 quarter finals Wynne VR Alma 15-7 wynne wynne home team alma vister team
1999 simi finals Wynne VR alma 10-7 ot alma Wynne home team alma vister team
1980 state tittle game Wynne VR alma 24-15 alma Wynne was the home team alma was vister team ( also want people to know back in 1980 home team hosted the state tittle game )

These are all the one I know if there was other before 1980 please reply back on it and if I miss any after 1980 please post those

InYoGrill

Charming Trackster. Does SPerry, 5-0, Billy Jack.... and gang as excited as you? I'd like to come visit next time and take a few more shrubs from your field.  :) :)

Intelligentsia

I would love to see Alma visit Batesville in the next couple of years.  The game our teams played by year before last in the playoffs at Alma, was one of the hardest fought games I've ever seen!  Batesville pulled it off before a disappointing loss in the final game.  Had we played as well in the final as we did at Alma ....... 

Go Postal

I'm glad that Alma will be coming back to the 5A and the West.  Missed you Airedales and Airedalettes in all sports that you play.  Hopefully it will be all sports that the 5A plays, soon. ;) ;)  Goblins did pretty good last season in football.  Had one of the best QBs in the State.  Lost by 7 in a unreal 1st round 115 point game against CF. 4 TDs in the last 1:24 of the game.  8 seconds left, Goblins try a onside kick (that had been successful the entire game and had a special offensive play that they worked on all year to either lose, if it didn't work or tie, with a FG or win by 1, with a 2pt conv), ended with onside kick hitting a Goblin and going out of bounds, CF finally takes a knee.  Fantastic game.  Unofficial CF/GOBS stats, CF 495 total yards, GOBS 435 total yards with around 350 passing.
Anyway Alma will be facing a new Head Coach at Harrison, Joel Wells when they come back.  Here is from the local paper...
Monday night the Harrison School Board selected a new coach to lead the Goblin football program.

The man that they selected in a proven winner. Joel Wells will start working with Harrison athletes on Monday.
"I plan to be down for spring practice starting the 18th," said the new coach. "I am still finishing up at Kickapoo where I still coach track. There will be some long days, but I can't wait to get started."
Wells is excited to be leading the Harrison program that has been to the playoffs one time in the last eight seasons.
"I love the challenge," he said about coming to Harrison. "I know the rich tradition of the Goblin program and I wanted an opportunity to get Harrison football back to a top program."
Coming to Boone County is a homecoming for Wells and his wife Amy.
"We are looking forward to being back in Arkansas," said Wells. "I have always loved Arkansas. My family lives in the Marshall area and I look forward to being able to spend more time with them."
Wells attended school in Marshall before graduating from Aurora High School in Missouri. He attended Missouri State University where he received his Bachelor of Science in education. He completed his Masters in Education Administration from Lindenwood University.
As a three-sport star in high school, coaching has always been Wells' passion. He coached at Springfield (Mo.) Parkview while still in college.
Having coached for 28 years, Wells has spent 24 of those as a head coach.
He started his professional coaching career at Cassville, Mo. where he stayed 11 years. He then moved to Washington, Mo (three years); Nixa, Mo (seven years); Liberty, Mo. (three years); and Springfield, Mo. Kickapoo (four years).
Wells has also served as head coach in basketball, baseball, track and golf.
In football, Wells is 162-92 overall. He has won eight conference championships and made nine playoff appearances. He has had four quarterfinal appearances and one semifinal visit.
Because of his success on the field, Wells was selected to the Missouri Football Coaches Hall of Fame.
"I was inducted in 2014," said Wells. "This was a huge and very humbling honor," said the coach. "When your peers pick you for such an honor, it is very special."
Harrison football fans will see an aggressive squad under Wells.
"We will be a very physical, hard-nosed defense," said the new coach. "We will use a 4-2-5 defensive scheme."
Wells has an offensive scheme that he will use at Harrison. Adjustments will be based on the strengths of the team.
"Our offense will be based on what kind of talent we have," started the coach. "We like to run a hurry up, no-huddle offense. Our system is flexible to feature a great quarterback, receiver or running back.
"Two years ago, we threw the ball a ton with a great quarterback that is at SEMO (Southeast Missouri University)," continued Wells. "Last year, we had a running back rush for 1,950 and 30 touchdowns. We had the same offense, but a different emphasis."
Wells told of his plan.
"We will evaluate what talent we have and adjust our scheme to it," he said. "In high school, we don't get to recruit our players to our scheme. We must adjust our scheme to fit the players."
When it comes to crunch time during the game, Wells take responsibility for his offense.
"I will call the offensive plays," said the coach. "Our assistants will have a lot of input into our scripts and adjustments on Friday nights, but I will call the plays."
There will be an emphasis on special teams.
"We place a big emphasis on special teams," said Wells. "We have won a lot of games over the years with the kicking game. We have returned six punts or kicks for touchdowns the last three seasons."
Harrison is getting a late start on spring practice, but Wells said that he will make sure the team catches up.
Wells is 51 years of age and has been married to Amy 28 years.
"We do not have children, but we have three dogs we spoil," he said. "Amy is a huge fan and has been a part of the success I have had in my career. She will be easy to spot. She will be pacing the top row of the bleachers on Friday night."
As Wells takes over the Harrison program, he will be looking to make a deep run into the playoffs.

Go Postal

To the my beloved Airedales/Airdalelettes in any sports, talking smack now as a Goblin fan,,,

InYoGrill

Postal, stop kissing Tracksters glutes. Airdares won't win anymore than before they dropped down. Gonna get punished back in the Wild West. Balance of power reigns on the east side of the conference. Would like to see the Wood come back as well since they ran away.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: InYoGrill on May 30, 2015, 04:21:29 pmGonna get punished back in the Wild West. Balance of power reigns on the east side of the conference.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas