• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Harrison HC is Open(But not now)

Started by Brian G, April 22, 2015, 05:06:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will be the next HC?

Coach Keylon
6 (17.6%)
Coach Eddington
1 (2.9%)
Coach Tice
4 (11.8%)
Someone Else
23 (67.6%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: May 03, 2015, 10:11:57 pm

AT

Drama, are there a lot of people applying for this from what you've heard? I know Harrison has been down in recent years, but it's still a very supportive community and has a history of success.

Drama Mama ™

Quote from: Almatrackster on April 27, 2015, 09:05:10 pm
Drama, are there a lot of people applying for this from what you've heard? I know Harrison has been down in recent years, but it's still a very supportive community and has a history of success.
I honestly have know idea ! Was wondering myself.  We are a supportive community regardless of how how we may appear at this very moment .  ;D

Greyhands

Quote from: 7AFball on April 27, 2015, 05:50:34 pm
Curious.  Someone commented on decreased numbers and talent in upcoming 2-3 years. Approximately how many young men go out for Sr High football, 45 or so?  Seems to me in 3A, 35 is about average, 4A about 45 and 5A should have about 50-55 athletes out in the Fall. Any Harrison fan with an idea on usual numbers out for football? Thanks, just wondering. Might make a difference to some coaches applying, the more out for football, the more you can weather the storm in case of injuries or average talent base.  Thanks.  ???

I was told our 7th grade class which had 65 boys go out to play has been our largest 7th grade class in like 15 years or something. Most of the time 40-50 go out in 7th and by the time they reach 10th they will be about 20.

Foukesasquatch

people need to stop thinking they are important around Harrison. Let the AD and Admin interview and hire the best fit.

Shut the Door!!!!

April 28, 2015, 10:53:39 am #104 Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 12:11:43 pm by Shut the Door!!!!
Quote from: Foukesasquatch on April 28, 2015, 10:47:53 am
people need to stop thinking they are important around Harrison. Let the AD and Admin interview and hire the best fit.
And your point of view on the behavior of people in Harrison is important.

If they hire Tommie Tice as a temporary fill in the void attempt the ship is sinking.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Have they hired a coach yet?

HorseFeathers

I love the random "new" accounts that pop up when someone like Drama Mama gets on here telling people how it is lol..

beach bum

Shut the Door!!!!

Harrison has not decided on who will be placed as The HC.

When the decision is made it will be announced to the Public and not on a message board.

ricepig

Quote from: Shut the Door!!!! on April 28, 2015, 05:48:02 pm

When the decision is made it will be announced to the Public and not on a message board.

White smoke?

sevenof400

Slap the Gooch?
Slam the door!

Brian G

Sometimes, I announce it.  It's my sworn duty to this board.

InYoGrill

Quote from: sevenof400 on April 26, 2015, 08:28:19 am
Quote from: Lionheart88 on April 26, 2015, 12:23:42 am
Hooboy, we got us a dust-up 'tween the hill folks.  'Fore you know it somebody's gonna be bringing somebody's unusually close relationship with their double-first cousin into the picture.  Us lowlanders are just gonna sit back and watch the fireworks. ;D

I guess they are picking up the slack since the V folks have dwindled in numbers recently.....  ;D

Yawn!!!! I'm ready for some butt kickin Eagle football 7! Bring on those coachless Goblers. Come get cha some Eagle power. We ready for you.  ;D ;D ;D

Rockhounds x2

Coach Keylon is the right guy for the job! He will simplify things so everyone is on the same page! And he is someone that everyone will follow! The goblins will be bad next season they lost 22 seniors's and 18 starters if I'm correct so V town might even have a chance!

Okieback

So who is the coach? One named yet?

How were the junior hi teams?

Shut the Door!!!!

Quote from: sevenof400 on April 28, 2015, 07:32:39 pm
Slap the Gooch?
Slam the door!

Why would you say that to a woman.

AirWarren

There is a woman on here?

Gob-Fan

Quote from: Okieback on April 28, 2015, 11:14:49 pm
So who is the coach? One named yet?

How were the junior hi teams?

I think the grade coming in is comparable to the grade going out. They are a physical group of boys with some great athletes. I just hope it continues in High School. I imagine some will play right away for varsity with so many spots open.

Rockhounds x2

Go fan is right the group coming up is talented! I'm guessing the starting quarterback will be a sophomore and he will be a good one if he can take the beating that's ahead of him! He has a heck of a reciever in Kirkland to throw it to. I think he had 1400yds and 22 td's or some crazy number like that the junior class is thin so the sophomore class will be thrown into the fire!

Drama Mama ™

April 29, 2015, 08:56:59 am #119 Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 02:20:14 pm by Drama Mama ™
Quote from: Greyhands on April 27, 2015, 11:45:24 pm
Quote from: 7AFball on April 27, 2015, 05:50:34 pm
Curious.  Someone commented on decreased numbers and talent in upcoming 2-3 years. Approximately how many young men go out for Sr High football, 45 or so?  Seems to me in 3A, 35 is about average, 4A about 45 and 5A should have about 50-55 athletes out in the Fall. Any Harrison fan with an idea on usual numbers out for football? Thanks, just wondering. Might make a difference to some coaches applying, the more out for football, the more you can weather the storm in case of injuries or average talent base.  Thanks.  ???

I was told our 7th grade class which had 65 boys go out to play has been our largest 7th grade class in like 15 years or something. Most of the time 40-50 go out in 7th and by the time they reach 10th they will be about 20.
That's probably pretty accurate.  My kiddos 7th grade class had around 80.  That would have been about 14-15 years ago.

Quote from: HF on April 28, 2015, 05:33:06 pm
I love the random "new" accounts that pop up when someone like Drama Mama gets on here telling people how it is lol..
Cracks me up.  These peeps would have had to gone to the Doc and get on meds if they ever encountered the tag team of Ivan, RD, Steve Perry, Hawaii 5-0, Father Guido, billyjack, QF,  I know I've left several out , but they didn't just post, they left victims behind when they were done with you !  :P  They were ruthless ! ha !

Quote from: B.G. on April 28, 2015, 07:36:02 pm

Sometimes, I announce it.  It's my sworn duty to this board.
BG will more than likely have the insiders scoop before we do. BG knows "stuff" and people that know "stuff"  . . . . . it's a given around here  ;)

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Drama Mama ™ on April 29, 2015, 08:56:59 am
Cracks me up.  These peeps would have had to got to the Doc and get on meds if they ever encountered the tag team of Ivan, RD, Steve Perry, Hawaii 5-0, Father Guido, billyjack, QF,  I know I've left several out , but they didn't just post, they let victims behind when they were done with you !  :P  They were ruthless ! ha !

On par with Sherman's scorched earth practices.

Drama Mama ™

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on April 29, 2015, 11:59:04 am
Cracks me up.  These peeps would have had to got to the Doc and get on meds if they ever encountered the tag team of Ivan, RD, Steve Perry, Hawaii 5-0, Father Guido, billyjack, QF,  I know I've left several out , but they didn't just post, they let victims behind when they were done with you !  :P  They were ruthless ! ha !

Oh and that Heathwaldrop guy :)  Oh my . . . . . .  not enough duct tape in the world to keep him quiet ! :)

sevenof400

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on April 29, 2015, 11:59:04 am

GotInfo?

sevenof400

There is an old saying that goes something like this: know what a conversation is about before you interject...lest the door close on you.

WPWells

Shut the Door!!!!

Quote from: sevenof400 on May 02, 2015, 04:04:21 pm
There is an old saying that goes something like this: know what a conversation is about before you interject...lest the door close on you.
That was all I was asking for was an explanation.
There is just too much irony on this board.

WPWells

Quote from: Shut the Door!!!! on May 02, 2015, 05:20:00 pm

No you weren't. You were accusing him of a sexual reference. Don't act innocent. seven is one of the nicest people on this board. Don't come on here and try to defame people. You better get your act together quickly

Shut the Door!!!!

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on May 02, 2015, 06:09:09 pm
Quote from: Shut the Door!!!! on May 02, 2015, 05:20:00 pm

No you weren't. You were accusing him of a sexual reference. Don't act innocent. seven is one of the nicest people on this board. Don't come on here and try to defame people. You better get your act together quickly
cosmic irony!  Move on!

AT

He said what he said because there was a poster named The Gooch on here who posted negative things about Alma anytime he had a chance and did it in a very...passionate way, I guess you could say. It became popular to "slap" him (look at other posters' karma where it says "Clap" and "Slap"). The term "Slap the Gooch" was coined.

Much like you, The Gooch made a quick, aggressive entrance, although I don't think he used the word irony incorrectly so much.

AT

Quote from: sevenof400 on April 26, 2015, 08:28:19 am
Quote from: Lionheart88 on April 26, 2015, 12:23:42 am
Hooboy, we got us a dust-up 'tween the hill folks.  'Fore you know it somebody's gonna be bringing somebody's unusually close relationship with their double-first cousin into the picture.  Us lowlanders are just gonna sit back and watch the fireworks. ;D

I guess they are picking up the slack since the V folks have dwindled in numbers recently.....  ;D

We need a "Days Since Vilonia Meltdown/Champoinship Prediction" counter. It would be at an all time high right now.

PrivateLesson

Indeed.

Shut the Door!!!!

Quote from: Almatrackster on May 02, 2015, 07:10:19 pm
He said what he said because there was a poster named The Gooch on here who posted negative things about Alma anytime he had a chance and did it in a very...passionate way, I guess you could say. It became popular to "slap" him (look at other posters' karma where it says "Clap" and "Slap"). The term "Slap the Gooch" was coined.

Much like you, The Gooch made a quick, aggressive entrance, although I don't think he used the word irony incorrectly so much.
That is what I was just asking for was a simple explanation if he would have done so in the first place then there would have been no question to ask. The coined phrase Slap the Gooch was used a long time ago it had a totally different meaning.
That is where a lot of wires get crossed different meanings different phrases. a lot of people say one thing and mean another.

But let's just save the dissusion On the use of the word irony. 

PrivateLesson

Quote from: GotInfo? on May 02, 2015, 11:11:52 am
So who got this job?
I was wondering the same thing myself.    How old is the Humphrey kid?   I can't remember.   He's a good player. 

ozarko

Humphrey, the quarterback, is a senior.  He's signed to play with Baker University in Kansas, along with one of our offensive line guys.

GotInfo?

Have they hired anyone yet?

Drama Mama ™

Quote from: GotInfo? on May 03, 2015, 07:53:33 pm
Nope. Not yet ! I'm sure when it's announced all heck will break loose and a whole new bunch of Harrison Folks will create new accounts on here......Stay tuned in for the "Meltdown in H Town ! We are here for your entertainment !

sevenof400

Quote from: Drama Mama ™ on May 03, 2015, 08:27:32 pm
Nope. Not yet ! I'm sure when it's announced all heck will break loose and a whole new bunch of Harrison Folks will create new accounts on here......Stay tuned in for the "Meltdown in H Town ! We are here for your entertainment !

We're taking a bit of a vacation here in V town!  Thanks for covering for us!

HSFBF

I do not think they have finished all the interviews yet, and likely they won't until end of next week perhaps... I am sure you will find out here on FF about as soon as the Ark Gazette Democrat  leaks the information.. It is what it is! One or two days more means nothing in the overall scheme of things. The FF boards on the BB thing has died down a lot and maybe time for that to happen on this thread too?

Foukesasquatch

I hear applications are being gone through today with interviews this week. Hopefully by weeks end we will have an idea.

ozarko

Quote from: Foukesasquatch on May 04, 2015, 07:24:36 am
I hear applications are being gone through today with interviews this week. Hopefully by weeks end we will have an idea.

That's what I heard, too.  Supposedly there are 12 applicants, but I don't know if those 12 are truly qualified or some wannabes who aren't qualified.

BigSportsman

IMHO....Regardless of who the next coach is, what Harrison needs is a coach that can read through all of the, as Drama put it, "Brown Nosing" from the Harrison Elite and the kids that feel that since Mom and Dad have all kinds of money they can say and do what they want.  Much like the old regime, a few chosen the seniors, and some of the junior starters, felt like they were untouchable and treated the non-starters like such.  When you have kids that can cuss the coach out in front of the whole team or throw a tantrum in practice and nothing is done about you will have issues and lose the respect of most of your players, parents, and other coaches.  When you have kids that give partial effort on the field and in the weight room but still start because they are seniors, have money, or who Mom and Dad are, you are going to lose respect.  They also cannot preach "team" and then separate the starters at every opportunity.  When you go in for half time, you don't make the non-starters sit outside the locker room when you are going over the game plan and then expect them to be the next man up when you haven't told them what's going on.

Don't get me wrong, Harbison did do a lot of good things but he also divided the team and let dissension within the ranks.  When the majority of your players and coaches can't buy into what you are trying to teach and coach because you say one thing and act another, you will never have a truly great program even with a multi-million dollar facility. 

If you earn the respect of your players you will have a great program for a long time to come.  Yes, any coach that comes in, HC or Asst., will have to EARN the respect....it's never just given.

Any coach at any school is going to make mistakes and have some favoritism.  However, it's to what level he will take it that will determine how great the program will be.

In closing, if you have a dog in this fight, let the coach do his job.  There is no need to mow his lawn, repair his house, teach him a new sport, take him out for dinner, or whatever it is that you want to impress him with.  Let your son prove himself on the field and in practice, he's old enough to do so!  If you haven't taught him to do that by now, you've created a monster that will expect you to cover for him the rest of his life. 

Shut the Door!!!!

If anybody wants to use the Term nail on the head I think the bigsportsman has completed this task.
That is one great solid post even though you haven't had sixteen thousand post prior to this one.

AT

Quote from: Shut the Door!!!! on May 05, 2015, 11:10:32 am
If anybody wants to use the Term nail on the head I think the bigsportsman has completed this task.
That is one great solid post even though you haven't had sixteen thousand post prior to this one.

He made a good post but just said everything in agreement with Drama Mama, yet you are ashamed of her.

Drama Mama ™

Well spoken Big Sportsman :) Almatrackser......thanks for noticing. He just classed it up a little ;) I can take a couple of pop shots with my chin up and come out standing, and definarely have no regrets on what I said or in the manner I approached it. As long as I have no shame in it that's all that really matters in the grand scheme of it all .

Shut the Door!!!!

May 05, 2015, 12:18:25 pm #147 Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 12:21:51 pm by Shut the Door!!!!
Quote from: Almatrackster on May 05, 2015, 11:50:01 am
Quote from: Shut the Door!!!! on May 05, 2015, 11:10:32 am

He made a good post but just said everything in agreement with Drama Mama, yet you are ashamed of her.
Almacracker! Stop Being a brown noser trying to be one of those buddy buddy people. Drama Mama Is the last person that will need your backup on this board. LOL!!!!

Drama Mama ™

Shut the door, I need zero backup or buddys. Almatrackser has been around this board long enough to KNOW that. He's simply stating the obvious :) he nailed it by bringing out the fact that bigsportsman floated  your boat where I obviously rocked it.

Shut the Door!!!!

Quote from: Drama Mama ™ on May 05, 2015, 12:30:11 pm
Shut the door, I need zero backup or buddys. Almatrackser has been around this board long enough to KNOW that. He's simply stating the obvious :) he nailed it by bringing out the fact that bigsportsman floated  your boat where I obviously rocked it.
Settle down drama queen!  Smoke one of those big long cigarettes like you do in your pickup truck when you're going through town. LOL!!!   ROCK ON GIRLY GIRL!!!  HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas