• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any Thoughts on DeQueen football next season?

Started by Arkansas8, April 10, 2015, 09:49:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkansas8

Returning 8 offensive starters and 8 defensive starters who only play on 1 side of the ball

Lionheart88

They'll be better than North Pulaski.  I'd still expect them to finish 8th in the South though.

purpleswag

Quote from: Lionheart88 on April 10, 2015, 10:11:53 am
They'll be better than North Pulaski.  I'd still expect them to finish 8th in the South though.

I would hope so since North Pulaski won't be fielding a team

Jimbo Morphis

Lionheart88

Quote from: purpleswag on April 10, 2015, 10:53:51 am
Quote from: Lionheart88 on April 10, 2015, 10:11:53 am

I would hope so since North Pulaski won't be fielding a team
You know how a joke stops being funny when you have to explain it?

tmycjy

Here my prediction for next year for your team I don't have all the number yet but this is what my computer is saying right now

1. Mena.  22-44 L
2. Nashville 17-49 L
3. Ashdown 28-38 L
4. Hope 35-32 W
5. Waston Chapel 19-35 L
6. Hot Springs 21-42 L
7. Camden 14-48 L
8. HS Lakeside 34-37 L
9. Magnolia 21-20 W
10. White Hall 29-42 L

This will make your season at 2-8 2-5 as of right now u will be improve from last year but not enought enrollment in your school to have winning season that just what think now reamber this could change want all the number go in to my computer so good luck to your school next year

Leopard

Offense has a lot of question marks after losing top two receivers and quarterback. Drew Dykes should be able to fill in nicely and lead the offense efficiently.  Offense Line looks to be the best thing on the offense side of the ball.  As far as receivers, there are still a lot of question marks that are to be determined.
On the Defense of side, Secondary and linebackers should be the strong point.  It will be tough after losing Blake Lowrey and Kobi Whitmore but with Hugo Martinez and Cirlio Resendiz leading the Defense it should be fine.  Defense Line  has some question marks at the moment.

FanOfTheSport

KOJACK

I think they should drop the program personally.

Foukesasquatch

DeQueen plays football? Did this thread mean Futbol?

Hoghead2

5A South Football isn't a good spot for DeQueen.....

Rivalshog

Quote from: Hoghead2 on June 10, 2015, 11:39:15 pm
5A South Football isn't a good spot for DeQueen.....
The same can be said for Hope....

PrivateLesson

DeQueen needs to get it together in Football....hopefully, they will be better this year.   

MDXPHD

Chief_Osceola™

sevenof400

They are the defending state champions - don't know what else they need to do other than reload.

Rivalshog

Quote from: PrivateLesson on July 08, 2015, 06:22:30 pm
DeQueen needs to get it together in Football....hopefully, they will be better this year.
Easier said than done when your school is majority hispanic

Lionheart88

Quote from: sevenof400 on July 09, 2015, 03:04:55 pm
They are the defending state champions - don't know what else they need to do other than reload.
Wrong football.   ;)

PrivateLesson

Quote from: Rivalshog on July 09, 2015, 03:15:32 pm
Quote from: PrivateLesson on July 08, 2015, 06:22:30 pm
Easier said than done when your school is majority hispanic
I have to believe that with as much athleticism DeQueen has in Futbol or Soccer that the Coach can't maybe try and convince some to go out for Football as well.   An outreach to kids is an outreach to kids.   Do they simply not want to play Football?   Is it numbers?  Is it Coaching?  What seems to be the main issue?   

PrivateLesson

Also, why is the Football programs lack of winning games being blamed on The Hispanics or Soccer Program?  Or am I misinterpreting what is being said?   

Wahls

July 14, 2015, 10:57:48 am #20 Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 11:05:15 am by Wahls
Quote from: Foukesasquatch on April 28, 2015, 11:13:53 am

De Queen would beat Fouke in both, and that's all you should worry about.

Quote from: PrivateLesson on July 14, 2015, 09:55:41 amI have to believe that with as much athleticism DeQueen has in Futbol or Soccer that the Coach can't maybe try and convince some to go out for Football as well.   An outreach to kids is an outreach to kids.   Do they simply not want to play Football?   Is it numbers?  Is it Coaching?  What seems to be the main issue?   

I wouldn't really say that our soccer team is "athletic" more so than 90% of the team has been playing since they got out a crib and are very skilled by the time they even hit middle school.

I think it hurts football only by circumstance. Good soccer players are shorter and don't "generally" make good football players. There are a lot of very good Hispanic lineman that are big and athletic in that school, but for whatever reason, you don't see many over 6'0" that also move well vertically, which makes us weak at the skill positions. Just some observations.

PrivateLesson

Quote from: Wahls on July 14, 2015, 10:57:48 am

Quote from: PrivateLesson on July 14, 2015, 09:55:41 amI have to believe that with as much athleticism DeQueen has in Futbol or Soccer that the Coach can't maybe try and convince some to go out for Football as well.   An outreach to kids is an outreach to kids.   Do they simply not want to play Football?   Is it numbers?  Is it Coaching?  What seems to be the main issue?   

I wouldn't really say that our soccer team is "athletic" more so than 90% of the team has been playing since they got out a crib and are very skilled by the time they even hit middle school.

I think it hurts football only by circumstance. Good soccer players are shorter and don't "generally" make good football players.

Most can kick field goal.....and height isn't always necessary if they have speed....running back or tight ends aren't necessarily always tall, either.   

I understand that most have played soccer since babies but does DeQueen have a PeeWee football program? 

Wahls

Quote from: PrivateLesson on July 14, 2015, 11:04:54 am
Quote from: Wahls on July 14, 2015, 10:57:48 am

I think it hurts football only by circumstance. Good soccer players are shorter and don't "generally" make good football players.

Most can kick field goal.....and height isn't always necessary if they have speed....running back or tight ends aren't necessarily always tall, either.   

I understand that most have played soccer since babies but does DeQueen have a PeeWee football program? 

Point blank, it's genetics. It's the same reason why you don't see white cornerbacks at higher levels. And I'm not blaming white people or hispanics, it's just an observation.

My wife is hispanic, and her entire family is under 5'6". There are a lot of families like that in De Queen. That means they're jitter bugs that are ridiculous at soccer, but choose not to suit up and play football because of their size. Also because they're so short, they're not fast. Tall Hispanics are also generally big, and when I went to school there, there were many big athletic guys who would have made great lineman. Several of those guys played and played well. You just end up with a really shallow pool of skill guys.

Look at many of the great boxers from 160lb's down. The lower weight classes are dominated by Hispanics. It's why we're fantastic at soccer, field and distance events in track, and cross country. I'm not complaining.

DerekOxford

It really hurts De Queen to be 5A in football because they just don't have the numbers for it. In most other sports, especially soccer, they are very competitive, but in football it hurts them.

Wahls

Quote from: DerekOxford on July 14, 2015, 11:21:39 am
It really hurts De Queen to be 5A in football because they just don't have the numbers for it. In most other sports, especially soccer, they are very competitive, but in football it hurts them.

Great point. This is more of a contributing factor than the student make up.

Beaver Fever

The alternative is the 7-4A.  I dont think there would be much difference other then getting a win against Waldron.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Wahls on July 14, 2015, 11:23:48 am

Why don't they have the numbers for it? They are playing in the 5A because of their numbers, right? What's different between them and other small, 5A schools?

Wahls

Quote from: MDXPHD on July 15, 2015, 08:36:55 am

Why don't they have the numbers for it? They are playing in the 5A because of their numbers, right? What's different between them and other small, 5A schools?

Small 5a school plus the demographic issue.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Wahls on July 15, 2015, 08:47:17 am

I don't buy the small 5A school argument.  There are other smaller schools that compete well. It is something to do with the demographic issue, which is an advantage in other sports.  Their soccer team fields 40 kids per year.. a substantial number for soccer.

Lionheart88

They're .33 students above Morrilton for the title of smallest public school in 5A.  Combine that with a demographic makeup that doesn't really lend itself to football, and there you go.

PrivateLesson

Quote from: Beaver Fever on July 15, 2015, 07:16:44 am
The alternative is the 7-4A.  I dont think there would be much difference other then getting a win against Waldron.
Lets hope Waldron turns it around too. 

MDXPHD

Quote from: Lionheart88 on July 15, 2015, 10:27:22 am
They're .33 students above Morrilton for the title of smallest public school in 5A.  Combine that with a demographic makeup that doesn't really lend itself to football, and there you go.

They are above a team that won the state championship a few years ago? And how many students does PA have? I understand, a different caliber of football players and athletes at each school..but I don't see how size is a good argument. 

Beaver Fever

Subtract  the Mexicans and you have a 3a school

Beaver Fever

What other schools have a high Mexican population? Are they any good at football?

Lionheart88

Hispanics.  Lots of them are from countries other than Mexico.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: PrivateLesson on July 15, 2015, 11:43:17 am
Quote from: Beaver Fever on July 15, 2015, 07:16:44 am
Lets hope Waldron turns it around too.

Not going to happen in the first year. They got a very good Coach, who could very well turn the program around, but not in the first year of him being there.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Beaver Fever on July 15, 2015, 04:54:39 pm

They are called Hispanics. Not Mexicans.

Wahls

Quote from: MDXPHD on July 15, 2015, 09:52:26 am
Quote from: Wahls on July 15, 2015, 08:47:17 am

I don't buy the small 5A school argument.  There are other smaller schools that compete well. It is something to do with the demographic issue, which is an advantage in other sports.  Their soccer team fields 40 kids per year.. a substantial number for soccer.

They are a small 5a school with a demographic issue. When you combine the two it becomes an issue when you need 22 quality starters. Whether you choose to buy it or not, citing random soccer numbers is about as relevant as saying you ate a sandwich today.

MDXPHD

But you're just trying to put two facts together and blame them...the small part has nothing to do with it. It has absolutely everything to do with the demographics. You can believe what you want, but being small in your division doesn't not make it impossible for you to compete. It's clearly just because they don't have football players. Obviously, you are set on it being because they are a small school, just slightly larger than a recent state champion ha. I won't try to prove my point anymore though. I concede.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on July 15, 2015, 06:48:46 pm

Many Hispanics are terrified of Mexicans.

Okieback

Did they go 10-0 I. Junior high last year?

And I ate "half" a sandwich today, thank you very much

Wahls

Quote from: MDXPHD on July 15, 2015, 09:34:30 pm
But you're just trying to put two facts together and blame them...the small part has nothing to do with it. It has absolutely everything to do with the demographics. You can believe what you want, but being small in your division doesn't not make it impossible for you to compete. It's clearly just because they don't have football players. Obviously, you are set on it being because they are a small school, just slightly larger than a recent state champion ha. I won't try to prove my point anymore though. I concede.

It's not a mind bending concept.

If I have 500 kids and 50% of the demographic is not suited to play football, compared to a school that has 800 kids and 50% can't, 400>250.

Numbers don't always equal talent but you are far more likely to have depth which is something De Queen has never had.

Okieback

So
Was their junior high undefeated last season?

modder

Lionheart88

Okieback

Rivalshog

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on July 15, 2015, 06:48:46 pm

Um wrong they are called both and dont care if called mexican.  Exactly why I call black people blacks.  African American makes no sense at all and most blacks would rather be called black

Rivalshog

Quote from: Beaver Fever on July 15, 2015, 04:55:42 pm
What other schools have a high Mexican population? Are they any good at football?
Springdale  0-10

Rivalshog

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas