• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Here is the state tittle games attendance total

Started by tmycjy, December 13, 2014, 09:51:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tmycjy

here is the attendance total for each state tittle game and I will rank who had the most to the less

7-A   4,861

6-A 15,651

5-A  9,897

4-A  7,518

3-A  9,861

2-A  4,898

here the order of attendance from the biggest attendance to the least

1.   6-A  15,651
2.  5-A     9,897
3.   3-A    9,861
4.   4-A    7,518
5.   2-A    4,898
6.  7-A     4,861

my shocker games of attendance

First one is 7-A tittle game having the least attendance but also understand how far those school had to drive but was not thinking least attendance new they would not be most but was not thinking less

2ed is 6-A Tittle game over 15,00 watch that one played and had a weather delay also not surprise that one school hasn't been there in a while and new they would show up also u had two school that was short drive for those school

3ed was 5-A tittle game not shock with attendance total shock that Wynne high school traval a lot longer to play and P.A. had the shorter drive but Wynne had twice as many fan there then P.A. Had

want to give a honable mention to the 3-A tittle game was on 36 fan off from the 5-A tittle attendance total but the shout out is one of the best 3-A crowd in history

Lionheart88

The titans of Arkansas football couldn't get as many people to LR as junction City and Hazen?  That's embarrassing.  JC is hardly any closer to LR than NWA, and there's more kids in one grade at Bentonville than there are people of any age in the entire town of JC.

Ventman

I wonder if the 7A would have been held in NMA what the attendance would have been? Still should have had more than any classification.

Hoophawg

FD4

I don't think Arkansas needs a 7A classification.  It should stop at 6A and be done, from 2A through 6A.

Hoophawg

Quote from: FD4 on December 15, 2014, 10:45:22 am
I don't think Arkansas needs a 7A classification.  It should stop at 6A and be done, from 2A through 6A.
totally disagree.  Then all the 6a teams would never have a prayer at state

Lionheart88

December 15, 2014, 01:46:27 pm #6 Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 10:46:11 pm by Lionheart88
Some would be all right.  Good 6A teams like Pine Bluff, Greenwood, El Dorado, etc. could hold their own much better than bad 7A teams like West Memphis, Springdale, Rogers, etc.

But what would really help if we wanted to consolidate divisions would be to move to a more promotion-relegation based model.  Let the cream rise to the top while the dregs sink to the bottom.

Burks

December 15, 2014, 10:44:59 pm #7 Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 04:28:57 am by Burks
I also think some of the 6A schools would do fine. It would balance out, the 7A may win the Football titles but the 6A schools would soundly beat the 7A schools in Basketball and probably baseball too.

Burks

December 15, 2014, 10:51:42 pm #8 Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 04:32:03 am by Burks
The top 32 should return as top classification.

eyeproblem

It is ridiculous to have only 16 teams in a classification and call it a state championship. Makes Arkansas high school football look bad compared to other states regardless of population. There were many more spectators at the state championship game for the lowest classification in Texas than there were for the highest in Arkansas.

beach bum

The problem is too many people on this site think Arkansas football is comparable to Texas.

27 Trap

Quote from: tmycjy on December 13, 2014, 09:51:46 pm
here is the attendance total for each state tittle game and I will rank who had the most to the less

7-A   4,861

6-A 15,651

5-A  9,897

4-A  7,518

3-A  9,861

2-A  4,898

here the order of attendance from the biggest attendance to the least

1.   6-A  15,651
2.  5-A     9,897
3.   3-A    9,861
4.   4-A    7,518
5.   2-A    4,898
6.  7-A     4,861

my shocker games of attendance

First one is 7-A tittle game having the least attendance but also understand how far those school had to drive but was not thinking least attendance new they would not be most but was not thinking less

2ed is 6-A Tittle game over 15,00 watch that one played and had a weather delay also not surprise that one school hasn't been there in a while and new they would show up also u had two school that was short drive for those school

3ed was 5-A tittle game not shock with attendance total shock that Wynne high school traval a lot longer to play and P.A. had the shorter drive but Wynne had twice as many fan there then P.A. Had

want to give a honable mention to the 3-A tittle game was on 36 fan off from the 5-A tittle attendance total but the shout out is one of the best 3-A crowd in history

Wynne has great fans, they will follow the Yellowjackets....

SouthpawSensation

Some things to consider:
The 7A game this year was the Saturday noon game. I think that, plus the driving distance involved, was one of the factors in a low attendance.
Secondly, this was the fourth time in the last five years that Fayetteville and Bentonville played each other in the Class 7A state championship game. I really think that has caused it to lose some of its luster.
This was supposed to be the year that somebody other than a 7A-West school was supposed to take it. In all honesty, I thought that school was Conway, and the table was set for North Little Rock to do it. However, the Charging Mildcats practically laid a goose egg against Bentonville.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on April 19, 2015, 11:40:16 am
Some things to consider:
The 7A game this year was the Saturday noon game. I think that, plus the driving distance involved, was one of the factors in a low attendance.
Secondly, this was the fourth time in the last five years that Fayetteville and Bentonville played each other in the Class 7A state championship game. I really think that has caused it to lose some of its luster.
This was supposed to be the year that somebody other than a 7A-West school was supposed to take it. In all honesty, I thought that school was Conway, and the table was set for North Little Rock to do it. However, the Charging Mildcats practically laid a goose egg against Bentonville.

I think the year that a Central School finally breaks through is the year the 7A Title Game's attendance goes back to the top....

Lionheart88

SouthpawSensation

Attendance was around 4,300, and about 4,000 of it was Cabot fans.
Bentonville had pep busses and its band scheduled to go to the game, but the threat of freezing rain that afternoon in NWA caused the school to call those off. I remember the temps dropping to near freezing at Winslow that day.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas