• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Analysis of your team's prospects for next year

Started by PA Dad, December 07, 2014, 08:25:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PA Dad

I propose a thread that will educate all of us about 5A teams for next year.  It will also help keep the discussion of football going in the off season.  If this works the way I envision it, this discussion will last a good while.

I propose that we evaluate our teams as we see them next year.  We can discuss key players we are losing, who the potential replacements are, and the overall impact.

Rather than trying to do the whole team at once, I propose that we do offense first followed by defense.  We can break the offense down into QB, running backs, wide receivers, and offensive line.  Let's start with QB.

I really hope that we can get fans from most teams to participate.  I know a little bit about Blytheville, CF, Batesville and Wynne since we played them recently.  I know very little about other 5A teams.

I hope other PA fans will help me with PA.

Starting with QB,  PA loses Will Hefley.  That is obviously a huge loss.  Hefley will be a D-1 player.  He and Hastings accounted for about 30% of PA's offense this year, and Hastings will also be gone next year.

There are, to my knowledge, two potential replacements for Hefley (PA fans help me if there are others).  One is Tre Bruce.  He played QB in junior high and did very well.  He does not have the arm Hefley does, but he is much faster and quicker and can make plays with his feet that Hefley couldn't possibly do.  He will have to learn to make good decisions and this may be his biggest problem.

The other candidate is Layne Hatcher who will be a sophomore.  He is obviously inexperienced.  But, he has played QB for PA since 6th grade and has never lost a game.  He has a good arm, but cannot run like Bruce.

My bet is that Bruce starts next year.  I don't think PA loses a lot at QB.  We lose some passing efficiency but gain a lot in Bruce's running ability.  He reminds me a lot of Knighten.

PA Dad

I should add one other thing.  Coach DePriest cited a fact that does not bode well for PA next year.  He noted that all of Kelley's state championships have been with a two year starting senior QB.  We will not have that next year.

walkingguy72396

This year.
The Seniors, Went undefeated as Freshman.
The Juniors had an event that got a few kicked off during their Freshman year.  So I toss out their Freshman year as trying to make a prediction.
The Sophomore class, I think, played well, not sure about the over-all record

This years Freshman, Good bunch of players.  Really bit hard by the injury bug.
This years 8th Grade, I think is the best I've seen for awhile.

I think next year the Jackets will go 2-1 Non-Conference play.  7-1 in Conference Play.  Will win 2 play-off games.

Now go prove me wrong.  But on the Win Side Please.

Rhonda Elizabeth

Quote from: PA Dad on December 07, 2014, 08:25:29 pm
There are, to my knowledge, two potential replacements for Hefley (PA fans help me if there are others).  One is Tre Bruce.  He played QB in junior high and did very well.  He does not have the arm Hefley does, but he is much faster and quicker and can make plays with his feet that Hefley couldn't possibly do.  He will have to learn to make good decisions and this may be his biggest problem.

The other candidate is Layne Hatcher who will be a sophomore.  He is obviously inexperienced.  But, he has played QB for PA since 6th grade and has never lost a game.  He has a good arm, but cannot run like Bruce.

My bet is that Bruce starts next year.  I don't think PA loses a lot at QB.  We lose some passing efficiency but gain a lot in Bruce's running ability.  He reminds me a lot of Knighten.

I have no idea how Kelley selects a QB, but I have noticed that he sometimes alternates between players a bit before selecting one.  It could be he goes back and forth between Bruce and Hatcher at first until one matches with his game plan and how well one or the other matches with the other talent on the team.

PA Dad

December 07, 2014, 09:27:20 pm #5 Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 09:33:25 pm by PA Dad
Quote from: walkingguy72396 on December 07, 2014, 09:23:00 pm
This year.
The Seniors, Went undefeated as Freshman.
The Juniors had an event that got a few kicked off during their Freshman year.  So I toss out their Freshman year as trying to make a prediction.
The Sophomore class, I think, played well, not sure about the over-all record

This years Freshman, Good bunch of players.  Really bit hard by the injury bug.
This years 8th Grade, I think is the best I've seen for awhile.

I think next year the Jackets will go 2-1 Non-Conference play.  7-1 in Conference Play.  Will win 2 play-off games.

Now go prove me wrong.  But on the Win Side Please.

Te me about your QB prospects next year.  Trail is gone to Cincinnati.  Who will replace him?  How good is he?

PA Dad

Quote from: Rhonda Elizabeth on December 07, 2014, 09:25:36 pm

I have no idea how Kelley selects a QB, but I have noticed that he sometimes alternates between players a bit before selecting one.  It could be he goes back and forth between Bruce and Hatcher at first until one matches with his game plan and how well one or the other matches with the other talent on the team.

You are absolutely right.  When Knighten was a junior Kelley alternated Knighten and another guy(I can't remember his name) for a couple of games before settling on Knighten.  He could sure do the same next year.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: PA Dad on December 07, 2014, 09:31:52 pm

You are absolutely right.  When Knighten was a junior Kelley alternated Knighten and another guy(I can't remember his name) for a couple of games before settling on Knighten.  He could sure do the same next year.

Jack Snider?

PA Dad

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on December 07, 2014, 09:44:35 pm

Jack Snider?

That could be right.  As Intelligentsia noted, I am long in the tooth and my memory gets worse every year.

walkingguy72396

Wynnes QB situation for next year.  He's a good size young man.  Kind of a Moreno type.  Needs coached up.  If he remains the projected starter.  Not many teams will worry if he's going to keep it on the read option.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on December 07, 2014, 10:16:32 pm
Wynnes QB situation for next year.  He's a good size young man.  Kind of a Moreno type.  Needs coached up.  If he remains the projected starter.  Not many teams will worry if he's going to keep it on the read option.

The only Moreno I can think of is Rita Morena (West Side Story).  For the kid's sake, I hope you're thinking of Dan Marino ; )

PA Dad

I take it from that that he's not a great runner.  My observation is that Trail wasn't either.  But, if you compare him to Marino,  he must have a good arm.

Will he be a sophomore, junior or senior?

Jayepea

December 07, 2014, 10:21:55 pm #12 Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 10:23:28 pm by Jayepea
Vilonia is losing Willis at QB he should be replaced by soph. Luke Gordon who looked really good at the end of games this season. If he can't go I hope they put jr. Tripp Reed in there. Tripp wr rb & defence the last 2 seasons but was a successful QB before that. Either way Vilonia should win more games next year.

PA Dad

Quote from: Jayepea on December 07, 2014, 10:21:55 pm
Vilonia is losing Willis at QB he should be replaced by soph. Luke Gordon who looked really good at the of games this season. If he can't go I hope they put jr. Tripp Reed in there. Tripp wr rb & defence the last 2 seasons but was a successful QB before that. Either way Vilonia should win more games next year.

What are Gordon's strengths/weaknesses?  Good passer?  Good runner?  Good decisions?

whippersnapper

Little Rock Christian is returning 5-6 on offense and 10 on defense.  Could be a fun year for the warriors

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: PA Dad on December 07, 2014, 09:59:00 pm

Jack Snider?

That could be right.  As Intelligentsia noted, I am long in the tooth and my memory gets worse every year.

Now that I think about it, it could have been Vassar as the back up.  My recollection is that there were three contenders that year (Knighten, Snider & Vassar). 

PA Dad

December 07, 2014, 10:37:49 pm #16 Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 10:49:39 pm by PA Dad
Quote from: whippersnapper on December 07, 2014, 10:26:01 pm
Little Rock Christian is returning 5-6 on offense and 10 on defense.  Could be a fun year for the warriors

Tell us about your QB.  What grade?  What are his strengths/weaknesses?   Good runner?  Good passer?  Good decision maker?

PA Dad

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on December 07, 2014, 10:27:55 pm

Jack Snider?

Now that I think about it, it could have been Vassar as the back up.  My recollection is that there were three contenders that year (Knighten, Snider & Vassar).

I believe it was Vasser.

Jayepea

December 07, 2014, 10:46:36 pm #18 Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 10:51:21 pm by Jayepea
Quote from: PA Dad on December 07, 2014, 10:25:02 pm
Vilonia is losing Willis at QB he should be replaced by soph. Luke Gordon who looked really good at the of games this season. If he can't go I hope they put jr. Tripp Reed in there. Tripp wr rb & defence the last 2 seasons but was a successful QB before that. Either way Vilonia should win more games next year.

What are Gordon's strengths/weaknesses?  Good passer?  Good runner?  Good decisions?

Gordon is very cool, calm & collected has a great arm & good footwork. Don't know of any weaknesses. If he does get the nod (& I hope he does) he will have to be a leader. Willis(3 year starter) was the boss & we are losing our boss.

Hogskin

Be careful folks, don't talk your youngsters up too much, this is how PA parents base thier next sponsership opportunities to target in the offseason. Ha Ha. In th West Greenbrier returns the best QB.  Big boy w/ live arm will be three yr starter, Burchems lil brother should be jr. back up unless politics has QBs splitting snaps. I know Harrison, Maumelle, and LRC all had Senior QBs who are all going to be tuff to replace but I have know idea who was sitting behind them. Farmington QB was solid and only Jr. ,thinking he should be projected starter. Clarksville had alot of young inexperienced QBs play at diff points in the season so no clue there.

PA Dad

Quote from: Hogskin on December 07, 2014, 10:47:44 pm
Be careful folks, don't talk your youngsters up too much, this is how PA parents base thier next sponsership opportunities to target in the offseason. Ha Ha. In th West Greenbrier returns the best QB.  Big boy w/ live arm will be three yr starter, Burchems lil brother should be jr. back up unless politics has QBs splitting snaps. I know Harrison, Maumelle, and LRC all had Senior QBs who are all going to be tuff to replace but I have know idea who was sitting behind them. Farmington QB was solid and only Jr. ,thinking he should be projected starter. Clarksville had alot of young inexperienced QBs play at diff points in the season so no clue there.

Ok, you figured it out.  I'm really trying to determine who we can recruit to replace Hefley.  But, please help me out.  We're desperate for a good replacement!

Hogskin

I would go after Burchem @ Greenbrier he would fit system perfect and looks like he will be watching again from sideline if he stays @ the brier. I dont think he would qualify for a sponsership though, which means he would have to move. If yalls WR has to play QB it would be good set up for read option game w/ new running back from West LR. Is Hatcher Mr. Bluebirds son?

Hogskin

Motown QB was only a Jr. and looked talented before knee injury. When he came back was a lil skidish with that knee and was never fully comfortable it looked like. If healthy could be scary if they have some WR to keep teams from loading box. His back up did get plenty of time to showcase his skills which look to more of passer then the typical Motwon QB but was only Soph so I expect both to be better with proven offseason.

Temprees

December 07, 2014, 11:54:37 pm #23 Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 05:27:33 am by Temprees
Camden Fairview:  Quarterback

Returning:  Logan Reed, Jr.; Kimonte Wilson, Jr.; and John Dawson, Soph.
Losing:       Byron Keaton

CF played three QBs last season.  Juniors, Logan Reed and Kimonte Wilson, and Senior, Byron Keaton.  Reed started and got approximately 75% of the snaps in the first 9 games.  Wilson got the got rest of the snaps through the first 5 games, and got the start in game 6 against Magnolia.   As between Reed and Wilson, Coach Cox went with the hot QB in the early games.  However, the offensive package was different for the two QBs.  Reed was considered the passing QB, and Wilson came in to run out of a running formation (the Single Wing, I think). But there were times, early on where Wilson executed out of the Spread.

Starting in the 7th week (DeQueen) Keaton was entered into the QB mix.  Keaton's role appeared to be a combination of Reed's and Wilson's roles, though Keaton mostly executed a running offense, always from the Spread.  As the season progressed, Keaton's role continued to expand to include both the running and passing phases of the offense.  By game 10, Keaton became the starter, and finished the rest of the season (the last 3 games) as the starting QB. 

John Dawson, a Sophomore, was the JV QB, who got some very limited Varsity action in a few games, where the outcome was already determined.  I don't know anything about the 9th grade QB, who will be a Soph next year.  Other CF fans may know about the 9th Graders.

Who Will Be the Starter:
I would expect for Reed and Wilson to compete for the starting QB job.  Which one becomes the starter, I think will depend upon which direction Coach Cox chooses to go with the offense (Spread, Winged-T, or something else).

Reed can really throw the ball, but sacks were a problem.  Some were due to break-downs in pass protection, WR routes, and him just holding the ball too long.  He will need to improve on his pocket awareness and ball security. He will need to improve on knowing when to get rid of the ball, or when to abandon the pass and run.  He is not slow at all, and is a decent runner.  He just has to develop that feel that the good QBs have.

Wilson is a very good runner.  He is strong, elusive and fast.  He is tough to bring down.  He has a strong arm but will need to work on his mechanics to improve his passing accuracy.  He did not always see the field very well in the passing game, but that is somewhat understandable since this season was his first time playing QB.

Intelligentsia

I may post more later, but as far as the Pioneer QB prospects, it appears to be limited to two, as far as I'm aware.  A rising senior, Robinson, and a rising Junior, Griffin.  Both are good secondary defenders.  Robinson also played WR and Griffin returned punts.   I haven't a clue which one will get the job.  We return two tailbacks and one fullback who all played key rolls this year.  We graduate three very good receivers, but I think we have a couple who will step up.  I believe the o-line will be as good or better than this year.   Like most Batesville teams over the past few years, look for a well disciplined, hard working bunch.

Temprees

December 08, 2014, 12:24:03 am #25 Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 12:26:01 am by Temprees
I propose a thread that will educate all of us about 5A teams for next year.  It will also help keep the discussion of football going in the off season.  If this works the way I envision it, this discussion will last a good while.

I propose that we evaluate our teams as we see them next year.  We can discuss key players we are losing, who the potential replacements are, and the overall impact.

Rather than trying to do the whole team at once, I propose that we do offense first followed by defense.  We can break the offense down into QB, running backs, wide receivers, and offensive line.  Let's start with QB.

I really hope that we can get fans from most teams to participate.  I know a little bit about Blytheville, CF, Batesville and Wynne since we played them recently.  I know very little about other 5A teams.

Starting with QB,  PA loses Will Hefley.  That is obviously a huge loss.  Hefley will be a D-1 player.  He and Hastings accounted for about 30% of PA's offense this year, and Hastings will also be gone next year.

Guys, P.A. Dad, has a great idea, to do all of this in phases, position by position, starting with offense.  See the bolded language above.  I believe he wants us to start with the QB position, and for now, not to include the information for the whole team.  QB only, for now..  Its a long was to more high school football.  This will be a great way to deal with that football itch.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on December 07, 2014, 10:19:51 pm

The only Moreno I can think of is Rita Morena (West Side Story)

Your man card, please.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on December 08, 2014, 02:31:36 am
Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on December 07, 2014, 10:19:51 pm

The only Moreno I can think of is Rita Morena (West Side Story)

Hey man, she was hot in her day.

Your man card, please.

NEASPORTSFAN

Batesville Jr. High went undefeated. More talent coming.

Chief-Chickasaw

Chickasaw Fan

OK I'm gonna play the if game. IF we can keep our assistants coaches IF we can keep our boys out of trouble IF we can keep our boy academically eligible we should be 2 wins better.
  Some of our best WR were ineligible last year and should be back. We have a massive line moving up from 9th grade. Our QB should be way more athletic next year. And it will be year 2 in this system which will only help. Be need to get better on D we gave up to many points but the Chicks should be a lot better we played a lot of underclassmen this year.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: phstiger on December 08, 2014, 08:41:51 am

The Junior High Pioneers have gone undefeated the past two years, including (in accordance to this threads progression) a talented QB moving to 10th grade this coming year.  While maybe unlikely, this rising sophomore may make a little noise in the QB competition for next year.  Regardless, as a great athlete, I'll venture he finds a place on the field next year.

Blazer51

Valley view has a very talented group of 9th graders moving up with some huge o line and d line. I have never seen as many jr high kids as big as they were when cv and batesvile played!

PA Dad

Quote from: Jayepea on December 07, 2014, 10:46:36 pm
Quote from: PA Dad on December 07, 2014, 10:25:02 pm

Sounds like Vilonia is in good shape at QB.

Gordon is very cool, calm & collected has a great arm & good footwork. Don't know of any weaknesses. If he does get the nod (& I hope he does) he will have to be a leader. Willis(3 year starter) was the boss & we are losing our boss.

PA Dad

Quote from: Hogskin on December 07, 2014, 11:11:49 pm
I would go after Burchem @ Greenbrier he would fit system perfect and looks like he will be watching again from sideline if he stays @ the brier. I dont think he would qualify for a sponsership though, which means he would have to move. If yalls WR has to play QB it would be good set up for read option game w/ new running back from West LR. Is Hatcher Mr. Bluebirds son?

I don't know.  Maybe some other PA folks can tell us.

PA Dad

Quote from: Temprees on December 07, 2014, 11:54:37 pm
Camden Fairview:  Quarterback

Returning:  Logan Reed, Jr.; Kimonte Wilson, Jr.; and John Dawson, Soph.
Losing:       Byron Keaton

CF played three QBs last season.  Juniors, Logan Reed and Kimonte Wilson, and Senior, Byron Keaton.  Reed started and got approximately 75% of the snaps in the first 9 games.  Wilson got the got rest of the snaps through the first 5 games, and got the start in game 6 against Magnolia.   As between Reed and Wilson, Coach Cox went with the hot QB in the early games.  However, the offensive package was different for the two QBs.  Reed was considered the passing QB, and Wilson came in to run out of a running formation (the Single Wing, I think). But there were times, early on where Wilson executed out of the Spread.

Starting in the 7th week (DeQueen) Keaton was entered into the QB mix.  Keaton's role appeared to be a combination of Reed's and Wilson's roles, though Keaton mostly executed a running offense, always from the Spread.  As the season progressed, Keaton's role continued to expand to include both the running and passing phases of the offense.  By game 10, Keaton became the starter, and finished the rest of the season (the last 3 games) as the starting QB. 

John Dawson, a Sophomore, was the JV QB, who got some very limited Varsity action in a few games, where the outcome was already determined.  I don't know anything about the 9th grade QB, who will be a Soph next year.  Other CF fans may know about the 9th Graders.

Who Will Be the Starter:
I would expect for Reed and Wilson to compete for the starting QB job.  Which one becomes the starter, I think will depend upon which direction Coach Cox chooses to go with the offense (Spread, Winged-T, or something else).

Reed can really throw the ball, but sacks were a problem.  Some were due to break-downs in pass protection, WR routes, and him just holding the ball too long.  He will need to improve on his pocket awareness and ball security. He will need to improve on knowing when to get rid of the ball, or when to abandon the pass and run.  He is not slow at all, and is a decent runner.  He just has to develop that feel that the good QBs have.

Wilson is a very good runner.  He is strong, elusive and fast.  He is tough to bring down.  He has a strong arm but will need to work on his mechanics to improve his passing accuracy.  He did not always see the field very well in the passing game, but that is somewhat understandable since this season was his first time playing QB.

Good analysis and info.  This is the kind of information that gives us a basis to make our own analysis of what teams will look like next year.

PA Dad

Quote from: Intelligentsia on December 08, 2014, 12:07:14 am
I may post more later, but as far as the Pioneer QB prospects, it appears to be limited to two, as far as I'm aware.  A rising senior, Robinson, and a rising Junior, Griffin.  Both are good secondary defenders.  Robinson also played WR and Griffin returned punts.   I haven't a clue which one will get the job.  We return two tailbacks and one fullback who all played key rolls this year.  We graduate three very good receivers, but I think we have a couple who will step up.  I believe the o-line will be as good or better than this year.   Like most Batesville teams over the past few years, look for a well disciplined, hard working bunch.

Are your projected QB's better passers or rushers?  How is their maturity and decision making?

PA Dad

Quote from: Temprees on December 08, 2014, 12:24:03 am

Guys, P.A. Dad, has a great idea, to do all of this in phases, position by position, starting with offense.  See the bolded language above.  I believe he wants us to start with the QB position, and for now, not to include the information for the whole team.  QB only, for now..  Its a long was to more high school football.  This will be a great way to deal with that football itch.

You are correct.  I prefer to analyze the QB only first.  After we finish our analysis of QB, we'll move to running backs.  At the end of all of this I'd like to get an overall analysis of your team.  But, if anyone wants to do this differently, that's fine with me too.

PA Dad

Quote from: Chief-Chickasaw on December 08, 2014, 09:02:06 am
Chickasaw Fan

OK I'm gonna play the if game. IF we can keep our assistants coaches IF we can keep our boys out of trouble IF we can keep our boy academically eligible we should be 2 wins better.
  Some of our best WR were ineligible last year and should be back. We have a massive line moving up from 9th grade. Our QB should be way more athletic next year. And it will be year 2 in this system which will only help. Be need to get better on D we gave up to many points but the Chicks should be a lot better we played a lot of underclassmen this year.

What is your QB situation?  Returning starter?  Strengths and weaknesses?

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: PA Dad on December 08, 2014, 12:27:56 pm
Quote from: Hogskin on December 07, 2014, 11:11:49 pm

I don't know.  Maybe some other PA folks can tell us.
Layne is Greg Hatcher's son.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: Blazer51 on December 08, 2014, 12:12:48 pm

Valley view has a very talented group of 9th graders moving up with some huge o line and d line. I have never seen as many jr high kids as big as they were when cv and batesvile played!

The VV QB is a player. Will he be a sophomore next year?   If so, he may vie for a starting position.  VV may contend for conference title in two years and will likely make the playoffs next year.

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: PA Dad on December 07, 2014, 10:43:13 pm

Jack Snider?

I believe it was Vasser.

2010 was a three man battle during the first 3 games between Knighten, Snider, and Vassar.  Fredi was the go to man from the 2nd half of the 3rd game on....

VVBlazer

Quote from: Blazer51 on December 08, 2014, 12:12:48 pm

Prior to the start of this season, there was talk of moving that 9th grader (Tyson Williams) up to the Sr High team. There is also #21 Gannon Winstead who will be a junior who played QB a lot this season, though he will probably stay in the RB position. Valley View is also changing up the coaching duties notably the OC is now the QB/WR coach with the HC taking over the play calling for next year. Should be fun!

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on December 08, 2014, 02:37:13 pm
Quote from: PA Dad on December 07, 2014, 10:43:13 pm

Jack Snider?

I believe it was Vasser.

2010 was a three man battle during the first 3 games between Knighten, Snider, and Vassar.  Fredi was the go to man from the 2nd half of the 3rd game on....

I remember that to be the Lake Hamilton game.

PercussionMan

Quote from: Hogskin on December 07, 2014, 11:22:17 pm
Motown QB was only a Jr. and looked talented before knee injury. When he came back was a lil skidish with that knee and was never fully comfortable it looked like. If healthy could be scary if they have some WR to keep teams from loading box. His back up did get plenty of time to showcase his skills which look to more of passer then the typical Motwon QB but was only Soph so I expect both to be better with proven offseason.

Morrilton's starter from this season was just starting to develop his passing game some whenever he went down.  He's a good runner at times and can gain some yards, but there is a possibility that he could be moved to WR (not sure, yet...just some talk that I've heard...probably too early to tell for sure).  There is another QB who will be a junior this year who was looking really good in the offseason before he was injured for the year...I've heard that he may compete strongly for the starting job.  Our biggest problem at QB may be developing a passer, which is a must to have in the 5A West. 

Right now the experience really isn't there, and they're not big (but neither was Hawkins)...our QBs that will likely compete for the spot next season are:

Jalen Wright - Senior - 5'10", 143lbs. (started the season, went our injured)...good runner...don't know how good of a passer, since we didn't see him throw much this year.
Caleb Canady - Junior - 6'0", 145lbs. (played most of the conference season as starter)...not a runner...decent arm.
Cash Mitchell - Junior - 6'1", 155lbs. (the player who had a shot at starting but was hurt in offseason). 

I'm not sure about incoming sophomores...maybe other Devil Dog fans can shed some light...and also correct me if anything I said above was not accurate.

PA Dad

Good information on the QB's.  It sounds like many schools are up in the air regarding starters next year.  That should make things interesting.

I suggest we move on to running backs.  But, for those who have not chimed in on your team's QB situation, please do so.

PA has two returning running backs, both of whom will be juniors.  Myles Fells was our leading rusher this year with about 850 yards (not bad for a passing team).
He is quick and fast(I'm guessing 4.5-4.6).  He is a slasher but is not afraid to take a tackler on and try to run over him.

Our other back is Jaren Wstkins.  Jaren is a little guy- maybe 5'5 and 150 pounds.  He is very quick and very fast.  His speed is similar to Fells.  Both backs will also line up at wide receiver.

We have had better backs at PA,  but both of these backs are quick, fast and not afraid of contact.  I think our running game will be better next year than it was this year.

Chief_Osceola™

Maumelle will be young next year. I think we're losing 9 starters on defense. Minix is a senior this year, and next year's QB will be a sophomore. He's not really a running threat like Minix, but he has a cannon. Our RB Acklin will be back, and we'll have athletes on the outside, but I'm not sure what we have coming back on the line. Long story short, we'll have talent but we'll be young. We'll take a step back next year but I think we'll surprise some teams.

rapstr

The Bobcats next year will hopefully come back next year with over 25 seniors with 2 D1 players on the team. They have a fast sophomore class coming up with some talent in the junior class coming. They lost 8 seniors from this team with maybe 4 or 5 of them starters. They did some really good things I just believe inexperience was a part along with alot of inexperienced depth in certain positions. They had to move their best linebacker to help at the end position.

rapstr

Speaking on the quarterback position for the bobcats I'd say im very impressed. This past season sophomore quarterback Austin Stubber brother of former qb Nathan stubber did some really impressive things from what I saw. He obviously was a good sized qb as a sophomore standing at almost 6'2. His arm is pretty strong and he stands very well in the pocket. He made very smart decisions and put the ball in some very good places for his receivers to catch. I watched him hudl and his receivers dropped alot of touchdowns and good passes. I think he just needs to keep playing and maturing and he will be something special.

smurf

For those that don't know PA has a special group of running backs for the next 3 years! You all will hear a lot more about there back field than normal! They will still have a great passing attack with Bruce but the running game will not take 3 to 4 years from now but it is now in the present.

PA Dad

Quote from: smurf on December 09, 2014, 06:11:39 pm
For those that don't know PA has a special group of running backs for the next 3 years! You all will hear a lot more about there back field than normal! They will still have a great passing attack with Bruce but the running game will not take 3 to 4 years from now but it is now in the present.
[/quote

I know about Myles and Jaren.  Do we have good backs coming from 9th grade?  I know little about the junior high this year?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas