• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

tmycjy pick for the class 5-A State champion

Started by tmycjy, November 29, 2014, 04:16:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tmycjy

TMYCJY Pick for the class 5-A State champion game

Pulaski Academy 31    :'(  :(  ??? (12-1 7-0 Pulaski academy won last week over Batesville 42-25 to make it to the class 5-A state tittle game how did P.A. get to this point P.A. started this season different then most team have there 1st 4 games on the road 1st game they go to Texas and lose to Highland Park 42-48 there 2ed game they go all the way to Florida to play New Smyrna beach and win 52-20 there 3ed game was a shorter hall all they way to warren and won 50-21 in there 4th game they went on the road to North Pulaski and won 54-7 in there 5 game the play at home for the 1st time with LR McClellan and won 49-14 in there 6 game they go back on the road to play Beebe and win 65-35 in the 7th game they played Jacksonville and won again 55-7 in the 8th game they play LR Mills and won 58-7 in the 9th game they played LR Fair and won again 56-0 in the 10 game of the season they played for the central tittle with Sylvan Hills and won 50-20 to win the central tittle and number 1 seed in the playoffs P.A. got a unlikely team in Blytheville and had to fight off a scare by winning 49-21 in the quarter finals p.a. took on Camden and won 44-6 in the Simi Finals P.A. had to take on 3 time state runner up Batesville and won 42-25 to make it to the state finals this week P.A. take on Wynne for the 5-A State tittle sorry to P.A. fan that P.A. lose this one to get the state runner up move to 12-2 to end there season Will P.A. be state champion I'M SAYING NO but only time will tell for Pulaski academy )

Wynne                38       ;D :-* :)  (12-1 6-1 Wynne won last week win a wild contest over Beebe 35-28  ;D to make it to the  ;D class 5-A state tittle game  ;D how Wynne got here was different then most school it started 3 year ago when Wynne went 12-1 and then are 2 best QB Left we were left with no one and went 9-3 then this year one of them came back to make Wynne one of the favorite for the state tittle Wynne started the season number 1 in the hootens Arkansas football magazine in the 1 game of the season Wynne deadacaice there new turf field with a win over marion 64-7 in the 2 game they go on the road to Rosa Fort high school (tunica, MS ) and won 48-20 then in the 3ed game Wynne played west Memphis and won 42-12 in east play Wynne won the next 3 game over Blytheville 35-0, G.C.T. 63-13 and valley View 39-0 and in the 7 game Wynne had to take on Batesville and both team were in the top 4 in class 5-A and Wynne lost 34-28 on a judge mental call of a game winning touchdown catch and then Wynne got back on the winning track by winning the next 3 game of the season over Paragould 49-7, Forrest City 38-20, and Nettleton 50-29 to get the 2ed seed in the playoff Wynne got stuck with unlikely teams 1st round was Sylvan Hills who was one of the favorite at one point for the state tittle and won over them 54-7 in the quarter Finals Wynne went on the road to Maumelle and won 27-17 and in the Simi Final got Hot Beebe team who was healthy and won in a wild game 35-28 to make it to the class 5-A state tittle game in the tittle game Wynne take on P.A. and glad to say that Wynne win this on to clam the class 5-A state tittle move to end there season at 13-1 Will Wynne be state champion IM SAY YES THEY WILL I LIKE I SAID ALL YEAR AND WHY  BECAUSE IT FEEL RIGHT now reamber 2 year ago people in wynne was saying that Wynne would be state champion and I was say no and was right this time IM say yes Will Wynne and my feeling be right only time will tell for Wynne )

this is my pick for the state tittle game so good luck to all and congaulation to P.A. AND Wynne for being the last 2 Team left and reamber take pride in this week you are playing for a state tittle Saturday night most kids in any high school will never get to a state tittle in there high school life also reamber there 30 school this week who is watch u play for the state tittle so in my book you are 30 team better then they are and also ream Win or lose hold your head up high for making it and if you win or lose you will still get a trophy of champion or Runner up and that more then what some kids get a chance to do so good luck to all team left this Saturday

here are my rec of each week

week 1 15-12
Week 2 24-5
week 3 20-9
week 4 10-6
week 5 10-6
week 6 14-2
week 7 11-5
week 8 13-3
week 9 12-4
week10 13-3
1st Round 6-2
Quarter Finals 3-1
Simi Finals      2-0

a season total of 154-58   

SO GOOD LUCK TO ALL TEAM THIS WEEK

spongebob

I Think you might have this one wrong. Any chance you are a tad bit biased  :D

tmycjy

Quote from: spongebob on November 29, 2014, 04:19:45 pm

no im not im glad my team made it but it feel right for the tittle I don't know how to explain that like we got the tittle

spongebob

Quote from: tmycjy on November 29, 2014, 04:36:49 pm

no im not im glad my team made it but it feel right for the tittle I don't know how to explain that like we got the tittle
Ok just checking  ;)

DogsWin7

hogrock

I know nothing about wynne other than their qb is good. Can someone give me some info on this years squad; strengths, weaknesses, etc...? Thx!

PA Dad

Did you see what PA did to Batesville?

Sorry, but you got this one wrong.  Wynne will be competitive but they can't hang with PA.

kwwolves2012

Quote from: hogrock on November 29, 2014, 08:14:47 pm
I know nothing about wynne other than their qb is good. Can someone give me some info on this years squad; strengths, weaknesses, etc...? Thx!

Offensive line - small but decent. Easily overwhelmed against a physical D-line. Given up plenty of sacks.
QB - solid with a great arm, some mobility as well
RBs - average speed but shifty in space
WRs - all are very capable of making a crucial catch. #27 is a straight burner while #3 could catch Texas if you threw it within 3 miles of him.

Kicker - situational and good from 30 yards out

Defensive line - small but good tacklers
Linebackers - Solid. Watch for #24 as he is always in the backfield causing tackles for loss. Again, slightly undersized but a strong point on the team.
Secondary - hard to say really. They play good on normal downs, but can can give long balls at times. Haven't really faced an all-state level QB yet. (Except in practice)

Punter - 30-35 yard average. Also can give you options for a fake. Current WR #3 and former QB.

MDXPHD

November 30, 2014, 08:01:31 am #8 Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 08:03:48 am by MDXPHD
Quote from: PA Dad on November 29, 2014, 08:51:29 pm

Sorry, but you got this one wrong.  Wynne will be competitive but they can't hang with PA.

Comparing opponents based on similar teams played doesn't usually work out.  PA dominated Batesville.  It has nothing to do with Wynne.  Wynne is much quicker than Batesville and has a very fast defense.  PA could win the game, but your logic of comparing teams played is awful.  Saying they can't hang with PA might be an overstatement.  Where did all of the intelligent PA posters go? Why are we stuck with you, hogrock, and football nut?

spongebob

Quote from: kwwolves2012 on November 29, 2014, 08:59:55 pm
Quote from: hogrock on November 29, 2014, 08:14:47 pm

Offensive line - small but decent. Easily overwhelmed against a physical D-line. Given up plenty of sacks.
QB - solid with a great arm, some mobility as well
RBs - average speed but shifty in space
WRs - all are very capable of making a crucial catch. #27 is a straight burner while #3 could catch Texas if you threw it within 3 miles of him.

Kicker - situational and good from 30 yards out

Defensive line - small but good tacklers
Linebackers - Solid. Watch for #24 as he is always in the backfield causing tackles for loss. Again, slightly undersized but a strong point on the team.
Secondary - hard to say really. They play good on normal downs, but can can give long balls at times. Haven't really faced an all-state level QB yet. (Except in practice)

Punter - 30-35 yard average. Also can give you options for a fake. Current WR #3 and former QB.

This could be a major problem

walkingguy72396

Comparing teams, by how they did against shared opponents.  I think is as good as any.  If you know a few more aspects. 

From what I saw Bebee vs Wynne.  Wynne did not have too dig very deep into the play-book to score on BB.  They missed on about every throw over 30 yards.  Might of missed all the throws over 30.  Might of been a total of 2 throws over 30.  So not a big factor in the game.

On defense that was just smash-mouth try and stop the run.  Wynne was much tougher to run against in the second half.  Seemed like every set of downs came down to 4th and some-thing for the Badgers.

MDXPHD

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on November 30, 2014, 10:13:14 am
Comparing teams, by how they did against shared opponents.  I think is as good as any.  If you know a few more aspects

Some teams just match up better than others. Comparing scores between shared opponents gets you nowhere. The Oakland  Raiders beat the Kansas city chiefs and lost to every other team this season. Does this mean the Raiders can beat every team the chiefs have beaten? No. It's terrible logic.

walkingguy72396

Sure one game abnormality's happen all the time.  Thats why I add in have to know the why the scores and stats came about.

Its one thing to read the final score.  Then not know one score was set-up by a bad snap recovered by the defense.

Might as well not compare them.  Unless you have the 40 times, height, weight, games played. If grand-pa played on the 1958 championship team etc.  I guess

MDXPHD

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on November 30, 2014, 11:01:32 am

Might as well not compare them.  Unless you have the 40 times, height, weight, games played. If grand-pa played on the 1958 championship team etc.  I guess

Some of those are relevant.  I'm not sure about grandpa, but if you want to throw that in then that's OK.

Wynne's defense matches up with PA's offense much better than Batesville did.  Wynne also has a pretty decent offense. I think it will be a good game, but who knows.  PA may run away with it.  I mean, they beat Batesville and Batesville beat Wynne, so it's obvious who will win right?

walkingguy72396

I mean, they beat Batesville and Batesville beat Wynne, so it's obvious who will win right?

No that is an example of helps to have seen the actual game.  Wynne has the offensive power to put 42 on Batesville.  Batesville D Backs got one for sure gift interception if not 2.  One Interception for sure stopped Wynne from scoring and the other set up a Batesville score.  Batesville QB  barely escaped being sacked on two of the TD passes.  What others want to read into that game is out of my control.

MDXPHD

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on November 30, 2014, 11:42:42 am

No that is an example of helps to have seen the actual game.  Wynne has the offensive power to put 42 on Batesville.  Batesville D Backs got one for sure gift interception if not 2.  One Interception for sure stopped Wynne from scoring and the other set up a Batesville score.  Batesville QB  barely escaped being sacked on two of the TD passes.  What others want to read into that game is out of my control.

I see what you mean.  If PA fans are considering the Wynne-Batesville game to give them an idea of how good Wynne is or isn't, then they are in for a surprise. 

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 30, 2014, 08:01:31 am

Comparing opponents based on similar teams played doesn't usually work out.  PA dominated Batesville.  It has nothing to do with Wynne.  Wynne is much quicker than Batesville and has a very fast defense.  PA could win the game, but your logic of comparing teams played is awful.  Saying they can't hang with PA might be an overstatement.  Where did all of the intelligent PA posters go? Why are we stuck with you, hogrock, and football nut?

Comparing teams played is a logical and legitimate way of predicting results.  I certainly agree that it is not foolproof.  To say it has no value is just wrong.

You obviously haven't read all of my posts.  In the first post in "the championship game-PA vs Wynne" I specifically cautioned against predicting a PA win based on comparing scores of common opponents.

There is no need for ad hominem attacks.  Intelligent folks can make ther point with a logical argument without personal attacks. 

I also note that you predicted that PA would not dominate Batesville but now concede that PA did just that.  We'll just have to see if I'm right in saying that Wynne can't hang with PA.

hogrock

PA could've easily hung 60 on batesville, scrubs were in most of if not all of the 4th qtr.

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on November 30, 2014, 12:38:48 pm
Quote from: MDXPHD on November 30, 2014, 08:01:31 am

Comparing teams played is a logical and legitimate way of predicting results.  I certainly agree that it is not foolproof.  To say it has no value is just wrong.

You obviously haven't read all of my posts.  In the first post in "the championship game-PA vs Wynne" I specifically cautioned against predicting a PA win based on comparing scores of common opponents.

There is no need for ad hominem attacks.  Intelligent folks can make ther point with a logical argument without personal attacks. 

I also note that you predicted that PA would not dominate Batesville but now concede that PA did just that.  We'll just have to see if I'm right in saying that Wynne can't hang with PA.

I'm glad you are taking notes on my posts.  You will get far in life by doing that. Well, that and being able to throw out some latin terms here and there.  Nice.

Everyone has their own opinion, even about what is logical or legitimate.  Wynne can hang with PA.  PA may win, but they won't win by 21+.  It is interesting that you cautioned against doing what you did.

PA Dad

Latin is my second language!

As you can see, I agree that comparing teams played and results of those games is a hazardous method of making predictions. However, I think it is relevant to note that PA whipped BB badly, Wynne struggled with BB, Batesville beat
Wynne and PA beat Batesville.  That at least tells you something about how the teams are playing. It would be illogical to ignore those facts.
http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/Football/BRACKETS/2014_FB_Brackets.

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on November 30, 2014, 01:54:44 pm
Latin is my second language!

As you can see, I agree that comparing teams played and results of those games is a hazardous method of making predictions. However, I think it is relevant to note that PA whipped BB badly, Wynne struggled with BB, Batesville beat
Wynne and PA beat Batesville.  That at least tells you something about how the teams are playing. It would be illogical to ignore those facts.
http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/Football/BRACKETS/2014_FB_Brackets.

It may be relevant to you.  If we compare games, we could get some flawed assumptions though.  For instance, Hot Springs beat CF almost as bad as PA did.  Hot Springs lost to Beebe, so you would assume Beebe and PA are close, but that wasn't the case when they played each other.  It's always about how the teams match up with each other.  Have you seen Wynne play?

PA Dad

I have not seen Wynne play.  I'm looking forward to it.

I agree that looking at specific match ups is a better way of predicting.  I just don'T have that information.

Instead of criticizing others' methods, why don't you give us the relevant factors to consider and then like a prediction?

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on November 30, 2014, 02:11:02 pm
I have not seen Wynne play.  I'm looking forward to it.

I agree that looking at specific match ups is a better way of predicting.  I just don'T have that information.

Instead of criticizing others' methods, why don't you give us the relevant factors to consider and then like a prediction?

Wynne has a pretty good defense, much quicker than Batesville.  The thing that makes this game difficult for me to predict is Wynne's ability to score vs PA's defense.  Wynne has an explosive offense that can score quickly.  As always when PA plays a good team, it will depend on the onside kicks.  If Wynne gets them, they have a shot at winning the game because they are going to score. Both teams are going to run a lot of plays. It's also interesting that both teams have highly efficient offenses but play solid defense, even though the defense doesn't get credit.

PA Dad

Interesting analysis, but I don't see a prediction.  Are you calling it a tossup?

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on November 30, 2014, 02:35:18 pm
Interesting analysis, but I don't see a prediction.  Are you calling it a tossup?

I made a prediction in the other thread.  I said Wynne will win. 

hogrock

To credit PA's success against good teams by the amount of on-side kicks they recover, especially in regards to THIS years' team, is either blindness ignorance or bias. Which is it? I will contend that even if PA recovers no kicks against wynne, they'll still win. Again, for everyone who needs to be reminded, this is PA 2014 not 2012.

MDXPHD

PA Dad

You have a lot of confidence in Wynne's defense.PA's lowest point total of the year was 42 points against Highland  Park.  HP had a very good defense. I will be very surprised if Wynne can hold PA to 45 points or less.

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on November 30, 2014, 03:03:31 pm
You have a lot of confidence in Wynne's defense.PA's lowest point total of the year was 42 points against Highland  Park.  HP had a very good defense. I will be very surprised if Wynne can hold PA to 45 points or less.

What did they score on Batesville?

PA Dad

You are testing my memory but I believe it was 42.

PA Dad

I would add that the HP game was the only one in which the first string played the whole game.

Intelligentsia

November 30, 2014, 10:44:15 pm #31 Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 10:46:59 pm by Intelligentsia
Don't judge the next game by the points scored or point differential in the last game at P.A.; their opponent losing half their offense and best secondary defender changed the final score, though likely not the outcome.  If neither QB hits the wall it will be too close to call this Saturday. 

Take it easy on PA Dad, MDX - he's keeps things here on a high level, more than can be said for the other two you referenced in an earlier post!  Few here are football experts, most like me just enjoy speculating while looking busy so our wives don't ask us to fold clothes or do the dishes. 

27 Trap

Quote from: tmycjy on November 29, 2014, 04:36:49 pm

Great job Chris, looking forward to visiting  you and your Dad at the game, appreciate you and your Dad and the great job you'll  did in supporting the Jackets during my sixteen years there....

Intelligentsia

That's funny, I post that few here on FF are football experts and then one of those few experts follows my post.  Seeing  "27 Trap" post helps remind me how very little I know about this game!!  From a long time admirer from Batesville, I hope your doing well Coach.

Uncle Ivan

"PA Dad" may or may not be a mole of mine.

Youngsta71701

Of course there is... :)...we all are bias sometimes.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on December 01, 2014, 05:54:05 am

Well I met him at the P.A. game and he didn't look mole-like at all.  A little long in the tooth, like myself, but no mole:). 

Red Devil Alum

PA has blown out every team from Arkansas they have played.  Until they don't, I'll believe that's what is going to happen.  I would be surprised if the game is less than 14, and wouldn't be surprised if PA wins by 25 or more.

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Quote from: hogrock on November 30, 2014, 02:43:54 pm
To credit PA's success against good teams by the amount of on-side kicks they recover, especially in regards to THIS years' team, is either blindness ignorance or bias. Which is it? I will contend that even if PA recovers no kicks against wynne, they'll still win. Again, for everyone who needs to be reminded, this is PA 2014 not 2012.
Actually, it is a major key to beating PA.

I was talking to Coach Kelley before the season, and he said that in the 13 losses since 2007 (when they began onside kicking frequently), they did not get an onside kick in 11 of them.  He didn't know the actual record of games where they did get an onside kick, but my guess would be somewhere around 35-2 as opposed to around 45-11 when they don't get one.  You could also add to those stats from this year.  I don't think they got an onside kick in the Highland Park loss.   

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on December 01, 2014, 09:47:43 am

PA has blown out every team from Arkansas they have played.  Until they don't, I'll believe that's what is going to happen.  I would be surprised if the game is less than 14, and wouldn't be surprised if PA wins by 25 or more.

Merely because PA curbstomped Jacksonville and skewed your perspective, doesn't mean it will happen this week.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on December 01, 2014, 10:31:42 am
Quote from: Red Devil Alum on December 01, 2014, 09:47:43 am

Merely because PA curbstomped Jacksonville and skewed your perspective, doesn't mean it will happen this week.
1. Not really a Jacksonville fan.
2. Read what I said above.  Until a team from Arkansas doesn't get blown out by PA, I'll assume the next game will be a blow out.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on December 01, 2014, 10:42:49 am
Until a team from Arkansas doesn't get blown out by PA, I'll assume the next game will be a blow out.

Assume that not all Arkansas teams are created equally.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on December 01, 2014, 10:43:37 am
Quote from: Red Devil Alum on December 01, 2014, 10:42:49 am
Until a team from Arkansas doesn't get blown out by PA, I'll assume the next game will be a blow out.

Assume that not all Arkansas teams are created equally.
We'll know in about 5 days.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Intelligentsia on December 01, 2014, 09:42:50 am

Well I met him at the P.A. game and he didn't look mole-like at all.  A little long in the tooth, like myself, but no mole:). 

That may have been a paid actor.

PercussionMan

This will be a good game to watch Saturday night...I'm glad that I will probably get to see it!  I would like for Wynne to somehow pull this one out; however, my prediction is Pulaski Academy wins it.  I hope it's close.

#1jacketfan

Quote from: PercussionMan on December 01, 2014, 12:07:21 pm
This will be a good game to watch Saturday night...I'm glad that I will probably get to see it!  I would like for Wynne to somehow pull this one out; however, my prediction is Pulaski Academy wins it.  I hope it's close.
I would like to see Wynne win also...but on the other hand if we win the PA fans are acting like they might go Ferguson on us if they lose...it seems as tho their lives are on the line...lol

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: #1jacketfan on December 01, 2014, 02:26:52 pm
I would like to see Wynne win also...but on the other hand if we win the PA fans are acting like they might go Ferguson on us if they lose...it seems as tho their lives are on the line...lol
You seem to be trying to create a controversy that doesn't exist.  PA is hopeful/expecting to win the game.  To most PA fans, Wynne is just another exit sign when heading to Memphis.  And you are the apparent "#1" JacketFan so I guess you are pretty invested in the outcome yourself.

Maynard G Krebs

[/b]

No idea where you came up with that.

#1jacketfan

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on December 01, 2014, 03:03:36 pm
You seem to be trying to create a controversy that doesn't exist.  PA is hopeful/expecting to win the game.  To most PA fans, Wynne is just another exit sign when heading to Memphis.  And you are the apparent "#1" JacketFan so I guess you are pretty invested in the outcome yourself.
You seem to be trying to create a lot of hype over a varsity football game...to most Wynne fans PA is nothing more than just another 5A football team....Win or lose Wynne still has a good ball team...we won't be losing any sleep either way....I put my faith in something much higher than a football team!

PA Dad

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on December 01, 2014, 11:54:20 am
Quote from: Intelligentsia on December 01, 2014, 09:42:50 am

That may have been a paid actor.

I'll never tell!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas