• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Great season Pioneers

Started by Intelligentsia, November 29, 2014, 03:14:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Intelligentsia

This will be my final post for this season.  The Pioneers had another great year, losing to a very talented P.A. team in the semifinals. Best wishes to the two top teams in 5-A in their final game - it should be a dandy!!  Thanks to the FF posters who help make football season even more exciting. See you next season for another great year as the Pioneers appear to be right back with a team that will make another deep run in the playoffs!! 

Lanny

Great season for Batesville and thanks for being a part of FearlessFriday

tmycjy

Hey want to congadulate batesville on a fine season and reamber hold your head up high u where 28 team better the everyone else so take pride in that  and good luck to next season of football

PA Dad

Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 29, 2014, 03:14:52 am
This will be my final post for this season.  The Pioneers had another great year, losing to a very talented P.A. team in the semifinals. Best wishes to the two top teams in 5-A in their final game - it should be a dandy!!  Thanks to the FF posters who help make football season even more exciting. See you next season for another great year as the Pioneers appear to be right back with a team that will make another deep run in the playoffs!!

Don't quit us yet this year.  You've seen the relevant games to give us insight into the final game.

Congrats to Batesville on a great year.

Intelligentsia

Not a lot to say P.A. dad.  The two most talented teams in 5-A will play for the championship Saturday.  I have great respect for both.  A couple final obdervations:  For all the talk about P.A.'s defense and QB,  I believe their unsung heroes Friday night were their offensive lineman who gave the QB time to throw.  They did a very good job. Being an East fan all the way, I fear that they may be the difference Saturday.  With his ability and the quickness of the P.A. receivers, it appears to me that you have to be able to pressure him consistantly to have a chance.  That said, the Wynne offense will give P.A. problems, their QB is quite good and their running attack and offensive line is good.  It's a toss up, IMO.  Should be a great game - I'll be watching - on the Wynne side of the stadium:). Go East!!!

PA Dad

I think you are right about the O line.  Pressure on the QB is the best way to beat PA.

NeverQuit

I'd also like to thank the Pioneers for a great season of football. Non-Batesville folks probably don't know how much these young men have been through this year. Two Pioneers lost parents during the season. Then two weeks ago, they watched as their coaches and trainer did CPR on one of their teammates on the field. Thankfully, he's on the mend. Finally, to see a senior leader and their starting QB taken off the field on a stretcher during the semi-final game - heck, most grown men would have had a hard time finishing with the class these young men finished with. I'm proud to know these young men, and I'm always proud to be a Pioneer.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: NeverQuit on December 01, 2014, 01:08:11 am
I'd also like to thank the Pioneers for a great season of football. Non-Batesville folks probably don't know how much these young men have been through this year. Two Pioneers lost parents during the season. Then two weeks ago, they watched as their coaches and trainer did CPR on one of their teammates on the field. Thankfully, he's on the mend. Finally, to see a senior leader and their starting QB taken off the field on a stretcher during the semi-final game - heck, most grown men would have had a hard time finishing with the class these young men finished with. I'm proud to know these young men, and I'm always proud to be a Pioneer.
Great post.

PercussionMan

Quote from: NeverQuit on December 01, 2014, 01:08:11 am

+1  Well said...they are a resilient team that leave it on the field.  It has been a great run by that group of seniors.

#1jacketfan

Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 30, 2014, 03:11:55 pm
Not a lot to say P.A. dad.  The two most talented teams in 5-A will play for the championship Saturday.  I have great respect for both.  A couple final obdervations:  For all the talk about P.A.'s defense and QB,  I believe their unsung heroes Friday night were their offensive lineman who gave the QB time to throw.  They did a very good job. Being an East fan all the way, I fear that they may be the difference Saturday.  With his ability and the quickness of the P.A. receivers, it appears to me that you have to be able to pressure him consistantly to have a chance.  That said, the Wynne offense will give P.A. problems, their QB is quite good and their running attack and offensive line is good.  It's a toss up, IMO.  Should be a great game - I'll be watching - on the Wynne side of the stadium:). Go East!!!
Will you be wearing blue and gold?? lol

Intelligentsia

Quote from: #1jacketfan on December 02, 2014, 08:33:55 am

No, but maybe you can bring and extra Wynne cap:). I'm afraid I may just have to watch on the net or listen on the radio as my wife has made other plans for the afternoon since the Pioneers got "knocked out" of the finals:( 

#1jacketfan

Quote from: Intelligentsia on December 02, 2014, 09:37:10 am
Quote from: #1jacketfan on December 02, 2014, 08:33:55 am

No, but maybe you can bring and extra Wynne cap:). I'm afraid I may just have to watch on the net or listen on the radio as my wife has made other plans for the afternoon since the Pioneers got "knocked out" of the finals:(
Awe man u need to be there we need all the east fans we can get....I'll bring you a hat....you can sit with me!

Intelligentsia

I'll send you a message if I can get away.  I'd love to see the game and support the Jackets.

#1jacketfan

Quote from: Intelligentsia on December 02, 2014, 10:09:42 am
I'll send you a message if I can get away.  I'd love to see the game and support the Jackets.
Sounds good

Uncle Ivan

Blue or gold is certainly easier on the eye than that hideous orange.

Lions84

Great Season and Props for the Pioneers for overcoming so much.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas