• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gurdon @ Hazen •Round 2• 11/16/18

Started by G-HIGH, November 10, 2018, 12:07:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GatorBall

Quote from: who-knew on November 14, 2018, 08:00:16 am
No one has said that Gurdon didn't have a good D, but Hazen ground and pound will will wear them down with those 7-8 minute drives

And that is why I said that I believe, in the end, Hazen will come out on top. But there has been several on here that have said that Hazen will win by 2 or 3 scores, hence my statement that Gurdon is not getting enough credit.

Also, if Hazen goes on several 7 or 8 minute drives then literally, there won't be enough time for a win by two or three scores because Gurdon will get the ball too. Just one man's opinion!

72aDaddy

I haven't really made a prediction because I truly have no clue as to who will win this game. The better teams in the 6 were able to slow Hazen down far below their average numbers. Gurdon has a top 2 or 3 2a defense so that is promising. The issue for Gurdon is their offense can get stagnant. And Hazen appears to also have a good defense. Hazen is playing at home, so the hyperbolic 'edge' has to be given to Hazen. I think the key to the game is if Gurdon holds Hazen's offense in the teens, Gurdon wins with their D. If Hazen scores into the mid 20's, Hazen pulls out the W.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: 72aDaddy on November 14, 2018, 09:05:29 am
I haven't really made a prediction because I truly have no clue as to who will win this game. The better teams in the 6 were able to slow Hazen down far below their average numbers. Gurdon has a top 2 or 3 2a defense so that is promising. The issue for Gurdon is their offense can get stagnant. And Hazen appears to also have a good defense. Hazen is playing at home, so the hyperbolic 'edge' has to be given to Hazen. I think the key to the game is if Gurdon holds Hazen's offense in the teens, Gurdon wins with their D. If Hazen scores into the mid 20's, Hazen pulls out the W.

I think if you hold hazen to 12 or less, you have a shot. if they get in the low teens, its slim, upper teens on up, hazen wins. hazen has a pretty salty defense as well.

CaptainSwarm25

You guys aren't going to score numerous times unless you have a competent passing game. Better get some hand warmers for your boys and start running routes.

i40traveler

Hazen has a better defense, statistically speaking.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

hazens defense is giving up 9 points a game. 20 to cross county first game of the year, 18 to marrianna against the back ups back ups, outside that no one has scored more than twice, so that's why I say 12 and under is you bestest shot at the upset.

who-knew

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 14, 2018, 09:14:51 am
hazens defense is giving up 9 points a game. 20 to cross county first game of the year, 18 to marrianna against the back ups back ups, outside that no one has scored more than twice, so that's why I say 12 and under is you bestest shot at the upset.
Pick you will know this, Des Arc has been the only team to hold Hazen under I believe it was 250 rushing yards and they still put 22 on the board

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: who-knew on November 14, 2018, 11:22:05 am
Pick you will know this, Des Arc has been the only team to hold Hazen under I believe it was 250 rushing yards and they still put 22 on the board

Exactly, we actually out yarded hazen, 257 to 241, but we had 70yds in negative penalties, just shot our self in the foot in the redzone at least twice.

hornetfan8

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 14, 2018, 11:28:30 am
Exactly, we actually out yarded hazen, 257 to 241, but we had 70yds in negative penalties, just shot our self in the foot in the redzone at least twice.
How many of yalls yards were passing and how many running?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: hornetfan8 on November 14, 2018, 12:05:19 pm
How many of yalls yards were passing and how many running?

130 rushing, 127 passing

godgiven999

Gurdon can throw. Gurdon threw for around 150 yards against Foreman and if not for Batey it would of been much more. Bateys 4.4 speed was able to make up some room and he knocked the ball down at the last second on some deep balls.

godgiven999

Trying to look at defensive points per game is pointless
Gurdon. Gurdon starters gave up 33 to 4a Benton Harmoy grove, 26 to Foreman, 24 to MS , 8 to Bearden, 6 to MtIda
97 points total. The rest were trash time.
Starters average giving up roughly 9 points per game.

godgiven999

Gurdon also has a pretty good FG that can consistently knock them down from 25-30 yards out.

Old Scrapper

Quote from: godgiven999 on November 14, 2018, 12:51:17 pm
Gurdon also has a pretty good FG that can consistently knock them down from 25-30 yards out.
Hazen doesn't have that. We have only kicked extra points, and that's after the sportsmanship rule was in place.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: godgiven999 on November 14, 2018, 12:47:05 pm
Trying to look at defensive points per game is pointless
Gurdon. Gurdon starters gave up 33 to 4a Benton Harmoy grove, 26 to Foreman, 24 to MS , 8 to Bearden, 6 to MtIda
97 points total. The rest were trash time.
Starters average giving up roughly 9 points per game.

that's why I broke hazens down by teams.

Old Scrapper

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 14, 2018, 08:07:17 am

I don't think any any hazen players are on here posting.
You are correct No players are on here posting. they do read this pile junk we all post and laugh about it tho. 

Hornetsfan02

There are actually more players on her than ya think lol

Old Scrapper

Hornetsfan02

Very glad the games not being played today lol

CaptainSwarm25

Just fueling the fire a little bit. Our boys love it both good and bad. Used to have quotes posted in our locker room. Anything for motivation and to keep the season going. One thing that won't happen for Gurdon after Friday night;)

G-HIGH

Quote from: CaptainSwarm25 on November 14, 2018, 08:01:51 pm
Just fueling the fire a little bit. Our boys love it both good and bad. Used to have quotes posted in our locker room. Anything for motivation and to keep the season going. One thing that won't happen for Gurdon after Friday night;)
Wow
Very cutting edge ... quotes in the locker room?!?!?
You should patent that!
They love it both good and bad? Good grief they must be cyborgs!
That was the biggest stretch to reach the "punchline" at the end I have ever seen.

Quotes in the locker room .... unheard of.

CaptainSwarm25

November 14, 2018, 09:18:37 pm #271 Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 09:21:08 pm by CaptainSwarm25
Don't remember stating it was cutting edge or specific to our team at all. Just giving you some tips to prepare for actual success in the postseason.That's what we focus on here in Hornet country and you'll get a taste of that come Friday at 7👍🏼 Prepare the nets and take some of that air in your head for the basketballs since yall will be in the gym next week.

G-HIGH

Quote from: CaptainSwarm25 on November 14, 2018, 09:18:37 pm
Don't remember stating it was cutting edge or specific to our team at all. Just giving you some tips to prepare for actual success in the postseason.That's what we focus on here in Hornet country and you'll get a taste of that come Friday at 7👍🏼 Prepare the nets and take some of that air in your head for the basketballs since yall will be in the gym next week.
Thanks for the advice cap. We should do a lot better now.

CaptainSwarm25

November 14, 2018, 09:33:44 pm #273 Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 09:35:43 pm by CaptainSwarm25
Always down to help the less fortunate. Or in this case the less talented. Consider it an early Christmas present. Good luck next season.

Trojanbird

Isn't this the time of year though that the Hazen coach starts making some bone head decisions to get his team beat?  Duck season does open Saturday!

Trojanbird

Isn't this the time of year though that the Hazen coach starts making some bone head decisions to get his team beat?  Duck season does open Saturday!

Hasbeen92

I think Hazen defense is key game if they hold Gurdon to two scores or less Hazen wins I don't think they Gurdon s offense will score more than that as long as Hazen takes care of ball and Gurdon doesn't play on a short field Hazen 30-12

GatorBall

Quote from: CaptainSwarm25 on November 14, 2018, 09:33:44 pm
Always down to help the less fortunate. Or in this case the less talented. Consider it an early Christmas present. Good luck next season.

Such HUMILITY!!! Man, if Hazen doesn't pull it off you will be eating some serious crow!

CaptainSwarm25

That's fine. I'm a little too skinny for this upcoming winter anyway. What do I get if I'm right?😂

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: CaptainSwarm25 on November 14, 2018, 10:07:14 pm
That's fine. I'm a little too skinny for this upcoming winter weather anyway. What do I get if I'm right?😂

Silence most likely. Not many posters hang out after their team gets bounced into basketball,  well except to jump on the coattails of the other conference members, but most disappear into the darkness.

CaptainSwarm25

Thats what I figured! Would be nice to be given some props when they find out just how underrated they have labeled us.

G-HIGH

Quote from: CaptainSwarm25 on November 14, 2018, 10:07:14 pm
That's fine. I'm a little too skinny for this upcoming winter anyway. What do I get if I'm right?😂
For one ... from me ... you will get a congrats and good luck and thanks for the fun week of trash talkin'.
If we win I would expect the same. One thing is certain ... Both of these schools love their kids and that, my friend, is what it's all about! I think both of these groups of young men are about to give us a Friday night we won't forget.

CaptainSwarm25

Oh for sure man. If y'all beat us a congrats will be given. Heck I'll be pulling for y'all to win it all if it comes to that. At least then we could say we got beat by the best! I love small town football. It's just different. Means a great deal more than big city living.

G-HIGH

Quote from: CaptainSwarm25 on November 14, 2018, 10:21:18 pm
Oh for sure man. If y'all beat us a congrats will be given. Heck I'll be pulling for y'all to win it all if it comes to that. At least then we could say we got beat by the best! I love small town football. It's just different. Means a great deal more than big city living.
Couldn't agree more.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: G-HIGH on November 14, 2018, 10:17:29 pm
For one ... from me ... you will get a congrats and good luck and thanks for the fun week of trash talkin'.
If we win I would expect the same. One thing is certain ... Both of these schools love their kids and that, my friend, is what it's all about! I think both of these groups of young men are about to give us a Friday night we won't forget.

Me too. Heck I survived and stayed on after the massacre of 13.  Never left. Good luck to both teams, but I do want hazen to win, at least until they play us again. Just for those kids.

who-knew

Looked like they had fun day of practice in the snow yesterday

sheepdawg92

November 15, 2018, 08:03:21 am #286 Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 08:05:15 am by sheepdawg92
hazen wins this one then they play the mighty Hampton Bulldogs

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: who-knew on November 15, 2018, 07:08:07 am
Looked like they had fun day of practice in the snow yesterday

Same up in northern prairie county as well. Our school is out again today. Will be practicing in snow again this afternoon.

Kevin

Dapper Dan

I personally want Gurdon to win.. a lot shorter drive for the Bulldogs.

Gurdon 20-15

who-knew

Quote from: Kevin on November 15, 2018, 08:31:43 am
quite a lively thread here
Not much to talk about, Gurdon comes to Hazen and leaves with a lose

72aDaddy

Quote from: who-knew on November 15, 2018, 09:53:52 am
Wonder what it's like to leave anywhere with a lose. Can you expand on this?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: 72aDaddy on November 15, 2018, 10:39:15 am

he did miss that one. hazen football > hazen education  ;D ;D

i40traveler

They just usually skip English class to lift weights. 

Hornetsfan02

Have to agree with who-knew on this one lol

who-knew

Quote from: 72aDaddy on November 15, 2018, 10:39:15 am
I'm sorry, let me correct myself, Gurdon will leave Hazen a LOSER and pounding the hardwood.🌞🌞

MUSTANGSALLY23

Quote from: who-knew on November 15, 2018, 09:53:52 am

Maybe the Purple Bugs need to spend more time in class. I can only assume that was a player.

Hornetsfan02

Probably not lol. Not many players get on their phones in class to check fearless Friday lol

Hornetsfan02

Beyond ready for 7 o'clock tomorrow night. Will Gurdon have a lot of fans show?

godgiven999

Quote from: Hornetsfan02 on November 15, 2018, 05:11:56 pm
Beyond ready for 7 o'clock tomorrow night. Will Gurdon have a lot of fans show?
Invasion! 
Fear the Cowbell!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas