• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mt. Ida vs Foreman at THE ROCK!!

Started by whoknows, December 08, 2017, 10:43:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who yall got?

Mt. Ida
74 (67.3%)
Foreman
36 (32.7%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Voting closed: December 12, 2017, 10:43:05 pm

Hogman2018

Quote from: couch-coach06 on December 17, 2017, 04:53:49 pm
https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/RecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=highschool&Position=APB

These are the top all purpose backs in the 2018 class many have the same or less measurable as batey .. he is 5'9 185 and many of these guys are committed too big time schools..
most of these guys are not playing 2A ball either where he is the fastet on the field! Let him come play some 6a or 7a ball and see if he outruns everyone on the field plus the physical part of the game where he gets hit all the time!

Letmland

Quote from: mr.gametime on December 16, 2017, 01:35:05 pm
Say what you want about what coach King did in the first game..maybe he was in the wrong...but I think that made foreman players wanna win it all and play there hearts out for there coach like they did last night...its a great feeling to football players when they know that there coach got there back come heck or high water..and they respond to it.

I am an emotional man and might have done the same thing. We always claim the jury is rigged when we play there and y'all may claim the same thing when you come to play us. Be that as it may, Foreman was prepared for us and beat us. My hat goes off to the Gator nation for a job well done.

Eslim03

Does any one know what the attendance was for this game?

couch-coach06

I think like 4300 is what I saw on someone's twitter

bleudog

Hgalum50

Quote from: Hogman2018 on December 17, 2017, 04:13:24 pm
You are an idiot if you think he runs a 4.2!! I watched him run in track and he barely breaks 11.0 flat!  Im not talking bad about the kid because I him alot!! He cant play for LSU because his size maybe a smaller D-1 school
Did I ever say I think he runs a 4.2? I just want to see him succeed and I think he can play power 5 football maybe not SEC, but hey have you not heard of a man named Donte Jackson he isn't very big just fast. Honestly I was just messing with ole couch coach.

Letmland

Batey can definitely play on Saturdays if he wants to. He knows how to follow blocks and has God-Given talent. Can he catch?

couch-coach06

tacklethis...

Quote from: Hogman2018 on December 17, 2017, 05:37:30 pm
most of these guys are not playing 2A ball either where he is the fastet on the field! Let him come play some 6a or 7a ball and see if he outruns everyone on the field plus the physical part of the game where he gets hit all the time!

Girl you need to calm down... ::)

Letmland

I'll put Foreman or Mt. Ida up against the 5A school my son came from in Frisco, TX at any time. Our boys are very physical and they're not spoiled. Country boys.

baseball13

congrats to Foreman on the State Championship yall deserve all the praise. and btw BOKNOWS is a idiot. Don't let him leave a bitter taste in your mouth for to long.

Hogman2018

couch-coach06

Letmland

On the subject of Saturday football, I think Cade Jackson of Mount Ida can play somewhere. He has hands and speed.  There are players in 2A who are exceptionally gifted. Batey, Bohanon, Jackson, etc.

tacklethis...

Quote from: Letmland on December 18, 2017, 07:59:16 pm
On the subject of Saturday football, I think Cade Jackson of Mount Ida can play somewhere. He has hands and speed.  There are players in 2A who are exceptionally gifted. Batey, Bohanon, Jackson, etc.

According to the kidnapper, 2A athletes have no business playing on Saturday...lol

couch-coach06

Quote from: Letmland on December 18, 2017, 07:59:16 pm

Yeah he would probably make some school a nice saftey or linebacker depending on how big he gets

M.I. D

Cade is a great competitor and a good football player. If he was 6'0 200 lbs he would be a monster. Like many Mount Ida kids not the biggest or fastest but play their A** off and do things the right way.

Letmland

Quote from: M.I. D on December 18, 2017, 10:44:27 pm
Cade is a great competitor and a good football player. If he was 6'0 200 lbs he would be a monster. Like many Mount Ida kids not the biggest or fastest but play their A** off and do things the right way.

First and foremost, he's a leader. He could do well in a slot back type of position. I don't know about his genetics so I can't say how big he will get. If it interferes with his speed, drive and resiliency then he is better off as is. I am sure he could play D2 and with more weight, D2. Can you say Trinden Holiday of LSU?

Letmland

Cade Helms of Mount Ida could play on Saturday also. 

Hogman2018

Quote from: tacklethis... on December 18, 2017, 08:06:28 pm
According to the kidnapper, 2A athletes have no business playing on Saturday...lol
I dont know if ur talking to me but you need to go back and read my post! I said he could play on a D-1 smaller school !!! Your an IDIOT go back in ur room till ur momma says u can come out!

tacklethis...

December 19, 2017, 04:21:05 pm #371 Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 04:22:48 pm by tacklethis...
Quote from: Hogman2018 on December 19, 2017, 02:30:43 pm
I dont know if ur talking to me but you need to go back and read my post! I said he could play on a D-1 smaller school !!! Your an IDIOT go back in ur room till ur momma says u can come out!

Girl are your panties bunched again?

doctor in the house

Hogman2018

Quote from: tacklethis... on December 19, 2017, 04:21:05 pm
Girl are your panties bunched again?
Where is ur boyfriend at? He let u get on the computer!

couch-coach06

Quote from: doctor in the house on December 19, 2017, 06:00:59 pm
Does Batey play any other sports?

Yea basketball and track .. he is great baseball player too but I don't think he played last year not sure it he is this year or not..

FootballFever

I can tell you without a doubt, that Batey would have the same success in any classification.  He would out run players in 6 & 7 A just as he has done in 2 & 3A.  It does not matter what classification you play in, if you can play you can play.  That's like saying you couldn't be successful in the NFL if you didn't play big time D1 football.  I wonder what Walter Payton would have said about that, I guess Bret Farve wasn't good enough to play since he played at a smaller D1.  Small school players aslo do things that 6 & 7A players don't have to, they play on one side of the ball & get to rest.  If Batey just had to play offense his numbers would be off the charts.

tacklethis...

Quote from: Hogman2018 on December 19, 2017, 06:19:52 pm
Where is ur boyfriend at? He let u get on the computer!

I guess he is with your daughter again.

Hogman2018

Quote from: tacklethis... on December 20, 2017, 06:19:42 am
I guess he is with your daughter again.
ur sick man my daughter is two years old! Ur a freaking idiot u the one started all this mess! All I stated was he could play at a smaller D-1 school! Go to ****!!

GatorBall

Quote from: Hogman2018 on December 19, 2017, 02:30:43 pm

Wow, I thought I was testy...LOL

paraloma

Quote from: Letmland on December 18, 2017, 11:04:04 am
I'll put Foreman or Mt. Ida up against the 5A school my son came from in Frisco, TX at any time. Our boys are very physical and they're not spoiled. Country boys.

Too much.

mr.gametime

It's a mt.ida fan on 103.7 buzz crying about the refs.....lol

Can't talk about Hampton

tacklethis...

Quote from: Hogman2018 on December 18, 2017, 12:06:17 pm
I got ur girl!

Mine is 7, but you said you had her? I guess your sick too...

Letmland

Quote from: mr.gametime on December 20, 2017, 04:23:03 pm
It's a mt.ida fan on 103.7 buzz crying about the refs.....lol

Can't talk about Hampton

That horse has left the barn.

Letmland

Quote from: paraloma on December 20, 2017, 03:29:43 pm
Too much.

I spent 10 plus years there and put two sons through their little league to HS programs. AR kids don't all have the same polish but they are more physical. There is a lot that goes into that including restrictions from the TX politicians. 

SWAT11

I guess the mentality for years has been bigger schools are better than smaller ones. I hear time and time again that the athletes in bigger schools are better. But when I ask the question of where is the data to support it, the next thing that comes out of their mouth is usually "it just is".

Maybe overall speed and size through the depth chart simply because of a larger pool of kids to pick from.

Maybe better facilities and coaches cause of money.

But these are the facts I know them to be. I grew up in a very small town. We were small even in the old class A. Our conference had (under the current system) 4-3A schools and 2-4A schools in it. We were graduating 30 something to their 70+. We not only competed but won more than the rest while I was in school.

It comes down to 11 on the field. And yes I agree the depth can help. But in team camps, 5A and 6A coaches have been impressed with smaller schools.

Here is the recipe as I see it. Just my opinion. Coaches in smaller conferences that were or are currently at a 2A school 10+ years and have a vested interest in their kids, community, and program are usually very successful. They build and maintain programs and tradition. Coach McClellon at Barton, Coach Carpenter at Junction City. Currently Coach White at Mt. Ida. They all developed their kids as good as anyone in any other classification.

My argument is also you can't compare classification in high school like you can in college. Very different circumstances.

That's just my two cents from personal experiences and observation.

Every have a very Merry Christmas!!  Remember our guys and galls here and abroad serving during the holidays.

cuz

Quote from: SWAT11 on December 22, 2017, 04:33:45 pm
I guess the mentality for years has been bigger schools are better than smaller ones. I hear time and time again that the athletes in bigger schools are better. But when I ask the question of where is the data to support it, the next thing that comes out of their mouth is usually "it just is".

Maybe overall speed and size through the depth chart simply because of a larger pool of kids to pick from.

But these are the facts I know them to be. I grew up in a very small town. We were small even in the old class A. Our conference had (under the current system) 4-3A schools and 2-4A schools in it. We were graduating 30 something to their 70+. We not only competed but won more than the rest while I was in school.

It comes down to 11 on the field. And yes I agree the depth can help. But in team camps, 5A and 6A coaches have been impressed with smaller schools.

Here is the recipe as I see it. Just my opinion. Coaches in smaller conferences that were or are currently at a 2A school 10+ years and have a vested interest in their kids, community, and program are usually very successful. They build and maintain programs and tradition. Coach McClellon at Barton, Coach Carpenter at Junction City. Currently Coach White at Mt. Ida. They all developed their kids as good as anyone in any other classification.
My argument is also you can't compare classification in high school like you can in college. Very different circumstances.

Every have a very Merry Christmas!!  Remember our guys and galls here and abroad serving during the holidays.
+1
Nice

M.I. D

Agreed and Merry Christmas to everyone!

wiseguy

Quote from: SWAT11 on December 22, 2017, 04:33:45 pm

Well put! +1

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas