• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mt. Ida vs Foreman at THE ROCK!!

Started by whoknows, December 08, 2017, 10:43:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who yall got?

Mt. Ida
74 (67.3%)
Foreman
36 (32.7%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Voting closed: December 12, 2017, 10:43:05 pm

whoknows

All 7 2A final...Mt Ida looking to repeat...Foreman's first appearance...

couch-coach06

FilmCrew

Hummm... couch-coach.. do you feel like this is a different team than you were in week 4?

beach bum

Mount Ida is one of the programs I respect from afar.... Unreal program right now. I have to say I think the rematch will be much more competitive than the first go around with Foreman but still got to say Ida by 14. Good luck to both teams!

couch-coach06

Quote from: FilmCrew on December 08, 2017, 11:14:39 pm
Hummm... couch-coach.. do you feel like this is a different team than you were in week 4?

We were playing really good ball until the off week our D played very good tonight o was a lil out of sync fumbled several snaps ... And had a bunch of penaltys ... We can't do that next week obviously .. I would say the biggest thing since then would be the way our D line has matured .. they have been great this post season .. they will have too be even better next week

M.I. D

Two really good teams. Foreman has improved since earlier in the year.

GatorBall

December 09, 2017, 06:57:36 am #6 Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 07:00:26 am by GatorBall
Quote from: FilmCrew on December 08, 2017, 11:14:39 pm

Much different team yet everyone knows who will be the underdog this week!! And we're ok with that!!

FilmCrew

I guess if someone believes they are a better team now I would ask how much better? Are you 29 points better? I bought into the same premise that everyone else bought into. Foreman vs Mount Ida was going to be the game of the year. The results were much different that what was expected. If this game is going to be different, Why?? What has changed?

GatorBall

Quote from: FilmCrew on December 09, 2017, 07:15:54 am
I guess if someone believes they are a better team now I would ask how much better? Are you 29 points better? I bought into the same premise that everyone else bought into. Foreman vs Mount Ida was going to be the game of the year. The results were much different that what was expected. If this game is going to be different, Why?? What has changed?

Mt Ida is very good team and I don't want to take anything away from how you guys played on our previous game but you guys didn't get our best!! Do you guys think you would be your normal self if Coach White wasn't out there with you? Remember, our coach was gone after the first quarter...

couch-coach06

I keep saying it but Auburn and Georgia is a real life example of what could happen. . it's hard too beat good teams twice...it's happened many times hopefully you get our best

BlueNGold52

Its hard to beat a good team twice, its hard to repeat as state champs I believe Mount Ida can do both if they play a clean game. I also believe this could be a trap game for Mount Ida they beat Foreman handily the first go around and that spells trouble in my opinion it will be hard for Mount Ida to keep that focus knowing how they manhandled Foreman this season. If Mount Ida lets their guard down Foreman could win this game. We all know Foreman has the tools to win if Mount Ida waivers. All that said I take Ida by 7

M.I. D

It's the State Championship I expect Mount Ida to know Foreman will be ready. Both teams know each other well. I expect both to be very prepared and focused.

BlueNGold52

I expect both teams to be ready as well. I'm just saying that Mount Ida is in uncharted waters being as they will be picked to win this championship game and Foreman has the underdog card this game and I'm sure they will play it. But I expect Coach White will have Mount Ida ready to go as always.

Legacy Lion

Quote from: BlueNGold52 on December 09, 2017, 11:47:16 am
I expect both teams to be ready as well. I'm just saying that Mount Ida is in uncharted waters being as they will be picked to win this championship game and Foreman has the underdog card this game and I'm sure they will play it. But I expect Coach White will have Mount Ida ready to go as always.

You can count on that.

Eslim03

How bout the 7-2a. When y'all beat us in week 7 I told several of our kids that we would see y'all again. This is no surprise to anyone in Foreman maybe everywhere else in the state it was but you only see teams like ours once in a lifetime. I will always cherish this season and look back on it with great pleasure. This game will be a war and will be a epic showdown on the highest stage.

Legacy Lion

Quote from: Eslim03 on December 09, 2017, 02:27:10 pm
How bout the 7-2a. When y'all beat us in week 7 I told several of our kids that we would see y'all again. This is no surprise to anyone in Foreman maybe everywhere else in the state it was but you only see teams like ours once in a lifetime. I will always cherish this season and look back on it with great pleasure. This game will be a war and will be a epic showdown on the highest stage.
[/quote

Man, you were right then and you are right now! Yes yes and yes to everything you said. Going to be a good one.

HORNET-MAN

Good Luck To Both Teams..This will be Something The Kids Will Always Remember.

dawgpound

doctor in the house

Quote from: GatorBall on December 09, 2017, 07:36:00 am
Mt Ida is very good team and I don't want to take anything away from how you guys played on our previous game but you guys didn't get our best!! Do you guys think you would be your normal self if Coach White wasn't out there with you? Remember, our coach was gone after the first quarter...
[/quote 

I have been curious as to why your coach got so upset to be ejected in that game? It was really strange..

couch-coach06

Quote from: doctor in the house on December 09, 2017, 07:24:31 pm
[/quote 

I have been curious as to why your coach got so upset to be ejected in that game? It was really strange..

He gets pretty heated just his nature. .. it was a pretty poorly officiated game I think we had 14 penaltys .. the call he lost it on was a no call on an obvious facemask ... It wasn't all one sided though it was just crappy

GatorBall

December 09, 2017, 08:22:27 pm #20 Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 08:37:09 pm by GatorBall
Quote from: doctor in the house on December 09, 2017, 07:24:31 pm
[/quote 

Actually what happened was a fan was giving the ref a hard time and a few minutes later when you guys scored the same ref came 35 yards down field and started yelling at the fan questioning him and when the fan stepped closer to him he said he bumped him but he didn't (I know this because me and 5 others were only 10 feet away watching it the whole time). He throws a flag for supposedly bumping the ref. Coach goes off on the ref for another highly suspect call from the ref and so they throw another flag. Which is an automatic ejection. Then he's done for the night!!

Not saying the fan yelling at the ref is acceptable behavior but the officiating in the first half of that game was horrendous and between us playing terrible and the officiating there were a few of us fans who may have overreacted. But a ref coming down field 30 yards and jump into the face of a fan on something that a fan said 5 minutes earlier to me was doing nothing but trying to start something. And they are SUPPOSED to act in a manor that is beyond approach. Not to get into the face of a fan and provoke someone. But that's just my opinion!!

jsw6f0

The fan in question was almost on the field of play just a couple plays before that. He should have been on the other side of the fence as he had no business being where he was. The main problem I think your coach had was the score was 20 to 0.

couch-coach06

Well regardless the officiating sucked .. and plus most refs have thicker skinny

GatorBall

Quote from: jsw6f0 on December 09, 2017, 08:29:47 pm
The fan in question was almost on the field of play just a couple plays before that. He should have been on the other side of the fence as he had no business being where he was. The main problem I think your coach had was the score was 20 to 0.

Nope, your wrong sir!! You guys didn't get number three until 20 seconds left until half when you blocked a pint at the 15 yd line.

FilmCrew

Did this not happen right after the blocked punt?

GatorBall

Quote from: FilmCrew on December 09, 2017, 08:48:56 pm
Did this not happen right after the blocked punt?

No. Blocked punt happen just a few seconds before half.

doctor in the house

Quote from: GatorBall on December 09, 2017, 09:00:07 pm

The score was 22-0 when the coach was ejected.
I agree that the fan did not bump the ref however fans do not belong on the playing field.. The whole thing was very strange, it gets even stranger when your coach does not sit out the very next game after his ejection..

But anyway lets all of us fans just agree to stay in the bleachers or on our keyboards this week!
Good luck Friday night and congrats of making it to the finals!

jsw6f0

Was the fan Coach Kings brother? When the other guy started calling the plays is when y'all scored on # 5's run. Didn't have much offense before that. I am sure this will be a different game tho. I don't see us winning by 30 again. Probably just 20.

fleaflicker24

Quote from: FilmCrew on December 09, 2017, 07:15:54 am

I'm sticking with what I posted on Oct 10 on stuck in between's 7-2A predictions that Foreman would win state. I really think that Foreman had that "deer in tha headlights" syndrome and they imploded in their first meeting. With that being said you don't know how hard it is to pick against the Lions because they have been the king of the jungle the last couple of years with a great leader leading them. Foreman has settled in now and focused! Should be a much more competitive game! GET YO POPCORN READY!

FilmCrew

It's just going to be different is hardly a reason to give a team 26 points..no one to this point has stated where a team has improved or reverted. A lot of people had Camden Harmony Grove number 1 for most of the year.. they have been dismantled. Foreman was in the top 5.. they have been dismantled.

Line play? Is that where the Lions will get whipped?

Special teams?

Running backs?

Quarter Back?

Defensive Backs?

I find it hard to believe that they give up 26.

GatorBall

December 09, 2017, 11:36:19 pm #30 Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 11:38:13 pm by GatorBall
Quote from: FilmCrew on December 09, 2017, 10:46:10 pm
It's just going to be different is hardly a reason to give a team 26 points..no one to this point has stated where a team has improved or reverted. A lot of people had Camden Harmony Grove number 1 for most of the year.. they have been dismantled. Foreman was in the top 5.. they have been dismantled.

Line play? Is that where the Lions will get whipped?

Special teams?

Running backs?

Quarter Back?

Defensive Backs?

I find it hard to believe that they give up 26.

Your right! No way Foreman wins! You guys should just be crowned right now! No need to play the game!!! Sorry we wasted your time....

Maybe one day we can be as good as you guys!!

couch-coach06

One of the earlier Ida posters said he felt that y'all played your best game against us... I am certain we played our worse , coach gets ejected , refs sucks, home field advantage ...u factor in all of this .. idk if it equals 26 but it gets you alot closer ..

FilmCrew

I'm not trying to say we are dominate. I was really looking for your thought on why y'all should win. Sorry if you can't come up with a reason.

I haven't ever said this isn't going to be a good game. I hope that it is. I wish the first one was a better game.

lionsdad

Quote from: GatorBall on December 09, 2017, 09:00:07 pm
Yes, it happened right after the blocked punt. We played our best games against Foreman and Marked Tree, because those two teams were peeking through a crack in the door talking trash in the field house before the game. Y'all are better than that. Don't poke a lion and you won't get bit. I expect a much closer game.

couch-coach06

I don't believe that there is a crack in that nice rear field house  ???

lionsdad

Quote from: couch-coach06 on December 10, 2017, 08:12:26 am
I don't believe that there is a crack in that nice rear field house  ???
I really don't care what you believe. It happened. Heard it from several of the boys.

couch-coach06

lionsdad

Quote from: couch-coach06 on December 10, 2017, 08:27:35 am
Geeze take a joke
Sorry. Still working on very little sleep from that drive back from Harmony Grove. When the heck is our conference going to get home field throughout the playoffs and a first round bye? Anybody know?😴

FilmCrew

Come on couch coach... stay off the field!!

couch-coach06

Quote from: lionsdad on December 10, 2017, 08:37:13 am
Sorry. Still working on very little sleep from that drive back from Harmony Grove. When the heck is our conference going to get home field throughout the playoffs and a first round bye? Anybody know?😴

Probably never but it hasn't seemed too mater the last couple years lol

couch-coach06

Quote from: FilmCrew on December 10, 2017, 08:37:48 am
Come on couch coach... stay off the field!!

May have too get go out there Friday night like that cat from Warren lol

couch-coach06

Also was thinking do we trade the pine for gurdon next year ?

tcor145

I'll preface my comments by saying that last years's state champion mt ida team was dominated by a mediocre, at best, dierks team so anything is possible.   With that being said, I'll say this.  I believe Mt ida is a better team than last year's.  I'll also admit that their defense is their strong point by far.  However, Foreman might have been handled easy the first meeting, but I believe that is all because of lack of big game experience.   Now that all that is out of the way, honestly I wish they could both lose, so I'm definitely not showing favorites, however Foreman is a very good football team as well, and I believe they will be state champs this year.  This won't be an easy task at all, because of Mt ida's defense. 

I'm going with foreman by 10.

FilmCrew

I can follow all of that till that last sentence

lionsdad

Quote from: couch-coach06 on December 09, 2017, 08:35:39 pm
Well regardless the officiating sucked .. and plus most refs have thicker skinny
The officiating at CHG was the worst I've seen in a long time. They kept CHG in the game. Bad calls or no calls at critical times. Somehow the Lions overcame it. Great teams do. I really hope there's no controversy with officiating this time around. Looking forward to a clean game.

stuck in between

This is just one man's perspective on things. First Coach King was ejected after the blocked punt. It was third and long when Ida caught us in the back field while tackling our running back the defender did in fact grab a handful of face mask. Now the head referee might not have been in position to see it, but there was no way the line judge on our side could have missed it. That is when he begin to lose his cool. He spent the next 25 seconds arguing and did not call a play so that tacked on another five yards due to delay of game which put us punting deep in our territory. We all know what happened the next play. That is when it really started getting out of hand. After punching it in is when all heck broke loose and he got ejected. From that point on the ballgame was over.  You cannot spot a team like Mt. Ida 21 points and expect to stay in the ball game. There has been a lot said regarding the officiating of the game. From my view other than the no call on the facemask and possibly a no call on a pass interference that may or may not have been catchable I thought it was a fairly called game.  Some fans think just because one team has more flags than the other that it was called in the other teams favor.  I'd venture to say Ida rarely if ever loses the penalty battle.  It is just as big of a part of their M.O. as running between the tackles.
Now enough about the past it has been asked what part of the Gator's game has improved to the point that will account for a 26 point swing. Truth is all of it. To think that a team has not improved as a whole in seven weeks would be naive. That being said I know the Lions have improved as well. Now I want it known I have enormous and I do mean ENORMOUS respect for Mt. Ida and what they have accomplished and the way that they do it, but no team is unbeatable it gets proven every year. I don't think there is any one part of the Gator's game that had to improve by leaps and bounds in order for the game to turn out differently. What has to improve is how they play it. Foreman is not a young team by age, but they are in success. I feel like they might have let a little of it get to their head and they might have had a false sense of how good they really were prior to the Ida game. Just like when you're a child occasionally you had to be brought back to reality and that is exactly what Ida did week seven. Since then they have played at a higher level than before. Truth is a week seven spanking probably did them some good.
I am not predicting a win by either team, in a game where all the breaks doesn't go one way I think it will be a toss-up. It will be Foreman's responsibility to cause some of those breaks and limit their own mistakes. As clean as Mt. Ida plays they will not allow many and will force several.
The Gators cannot be content with just making it to the Championship game. They have to stay hungry.

couch-coach06

Man stuck in between... Heck of a post heck of a post

tacklethis...

I said this same thing last year when Mt Ida made it to the finals. Here goes again.

There is one key and one key only to Foreman winning this game. STOP THE DIVE. If Foreman does that they win if they can't consistently then they lose. It's that simple.

doctor in the house

Quote from: tcor145 on December 10, 2017, 08:50:13 am
I'll preface my comments by saying that last years's state champion mt ida team was dominated by a mediocre, at best, dierks team so anything is possible.   With that being said, I'll say this.  I believe Mt ida is a better team than last year's.  I'll also admit that their defense is their strong point by far.  However, Foreman might have been handled easy the first meeting, but I believe that is all because of lack of big game experience.   Now that all that is out of the way, honestly I wish they could both lose, so I'm definitely not showing favorites, however Foreman is a very good football team as well, and I believe they will be state champs this year.  This won't be an easy task at all, because of Mt ida's defense. 

I'm going with foreman by 10.

Dierks did dominate Ida, but on that night Dierks was much better than marginal.  You are also correct that anything can happen especially in this big of a game!
Mt. Ida defense has played very well this season and the D-line is as good as any that I have seen at this level.. If the offense holds on to the ball they will put plenty of points on the board...

With all of the injuries that Ida had to deal with this season I really was not sure that they would make it this far, I think that credit  has to be given to the coaching staff for winning while playing with key players injured and others out for an extended amount of time.. This Friday will  be the healthiest that they have been since August which makes me like their chances of finishing the year at 15-0.

GatorBall

Quote from: FilmCrew on December 10, 2017, 08:00:05 am
....Sorry if you can't come up with a reason.

LOL...hilarious!!

I've already heard all I can handle!! I can't take it any longer...LOL

Peace out!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas