• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2a South Region

Started by HorseFeathers, February 19, 2018, 09:18:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

BigBob

This region has improved very much in both boys and girls this year. Hats off to the coaches and players from all teams.

BasketballFan2A

Any predictions?

For boys 2/21
Mountain Pine over Rison
Parkers Chapel over Foreman, but if Foreman plays good basketball they could be some trouble.

For girls 2/21
Caddo Hills over Parkers Chapel
Spring Hill over Blevins, this one is also a toss up because earlier this year Blevins beat Spring Hill but Spring Hill has beat them twice.

For boys 2/22
Bearden over Caddo Hills
Blevins over Camdon Harmony Grove

For girls 2/22
Harmony Grove over Murfreesboro
Poyen over Lafeyette County

ak58

M. Pine over rison

Bearden over Caddo

Pc over Foreman

I think the Harmony Grove/Blevins will be a good game. HG with the upset

Girls- 1 & 2 seeds roll. SH girls vs Blevins will be Tough. Expect SH to pull it out.

PapaHog

HG can only beat Blevins if they are shooting it lights out. Blevins should be too much for them.

bear for life

teachers pet

Rison 15
Mt.Pine 12 after 1

Ripjaw

Girls
Caddo Hills 62
PC  27

teachers pet

Mountain Pine 31-25 over Rison at half.

teachers pet

Mountain Pine 50-37 after 3.

neutralobserver

Thanks for the update.  Small gym?  Capacity?

teachers pet

Not there, getting scores off Twitter.

eldofan

Post some Pc boys scores if u can . Unable to attend due to work

teachers pet

Mountain Pine wins 68-54.

hogman1886

Gym holds 1500 so not small at all!

Ba$ketballFan54321

Yeah Poyen has nice facilities! Good place to watch a game.

neutralobserver

Any update on Blevins/Spring Hill?

beastmode00

February 21, 2018, 09:29:43 pm #17 Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 11:05:38 pm by beastmode00
64-56 final Spring Hill

teachers pet

teachers pet

PapaHog

teachers pet

eldofan

NWA Hawg

Quote from: eldofan on February 21, 2018, 09:57:20 pm
Wow close Game

Been saying it for a while now, not a state title contender in this region outside maybe mountain pine, and they struggled early.

Cheek

February 21, 2018, 10:02:48 pm #24 Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 06:57:30 am by Cheek
Quote from: fann07 on February 21, 2018, 09:59:16 pm
Been saying it for a while now, not a state title contender in this region outside maybe mountain pine, and they struggled early.

Mt Pine does not have enough of an inside game to go very far

teachers pet

Eslim03

Foreman wasn't your normal 4 seed and played to their capabilities tonight they struggled some during the season maybe due to football going as far as it did and a new coach. We have a new hungry coach that will only get better with experience and I'm excited for that. So to look at the score and to suggest that the south region is weak makes me put my two cents in. If the pine plays to their capabilities they will most definitely be a player at the state tournament. PC will also be able to win some games at the state tournament especially if they make the three ball. I do feel the north region is the strongest but do not discard PC or any in the south over one games score.

Rida4Life

PC didn't play near it's potential last night.  Foreman may have had something to do with that.  The difference in this PC team vs previous years is that they can still find a way to win ugly when the 3 ball isn't going in.  Last two years they couldn't do that. 

southarkdaddy

PC's all state caliber forward didn't score a field goal until there was 2 minutes left in the game.  Foreman disrupted PC and had them as off their game as they had been in months, but PC is still good enough to pull it out. 

That being said, the foul call at the end of the game that gave PC 2 free throws with under 2 seconds left was awful. 

PapaHog

Foreman really gets after it defensively. They may not turn you over all the time, but they really speed up the game. Better give them some credit for PC looking the way they did.

Eslim03

The foul call was definitely suspect but it was called and PC won. I hate to see a game like that decided by a whisle. Some will say it was a foul and some will say he walked but the young man hit the free throws and won the game. Good luck to PC going forward.

neutralobserver

Predictions on today's games?  Any juicy or any horrible 2/3 matchups?

Ba$ketballFan54321

Quote from: neutralobserver on February 22, 2018, 11:53:20 am
Predictions on today's games?  Any juicy or any horrible 2/3 matchups?

For the girls Harmony Grove and M'Boro could be a good one. I think Poyen will roll Lafayette County.

For the boys Bearden should have no problem with Caddo Hills. Blevins and Harmony Grove could be interesting.

Mr316

Bearden over Caddo Hills
Blevins over Harmony Grove in a close game

neutralobserver

Who's at the games and will be supplying quarterly updates?   :)

Mr316

I just saw that Bearden was up 33 to 13 at half

Mr316

neutralobserver

What about (3) Murfreesboro vs (2) CHG?  Girls

Yogi bear

jdwalk

Halftime
Poyen 50
Lafayette 19

neutralobserver

BigBob

Looks like I'm going to have to make a trip down and watch Spring Hill vs. Poyen. That's going to be a very good game.

jdwalk

Final
Poyen 64
Lafayette 37

neutralobserver

I doubt spring Hill will have a lot of trouble with them.  They will not be afraid to run with Poyen.

neutralobserver

I think a spring Hill /caddo final and a Mt. Pine/ bearden final will be worth driving up to see.

eldofan

Bearden and mountain pine can't be In The finals . They play in semi finals tomorrow nite . Same side of bracket .

tcor145

Quote from: neutralobserver on February 22, 2018, 08:14:01 pm
I think a spring Hill /caddo final and a Mt. Pine/ bearden final will be worth driving up to see.

Poyen could possibly mercy rule Springhill.  It will be caddo/poyen final.

ak58

Have you seen SH girls play? You're an idiot if you think poyen will mercy rule them.

BigBob

Possible mercy rule? Ha ha Those girls aren't afraid of poyen. Slow your roll

Jmcarlton

:o wow!!  Mercy Rule!!! 
SH girls are on a mission!!  They aren't scared of Poyen!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas