• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A-7 West (boys & girls)

Started by hogtastics, November 19, 2017, 02:17:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogtastics

We need a thread to catch scores and dish about our favorite teams:
BASKETBALL 2A 7 West

Blevins
Caddo Hills
Cutter Morning Star
Foreman
Magnet Cove
Mountain Pine
Murfreesboro
Poyen

Who you got? Who's up/down this year?

PapaHog

What's Magnet Cove like this year?

HorseFeathers

Ba$ketballFan54321

Blevins is the team to beat in this conference in my opinion. Everybody back and only 1 loss so far on the season. Mountain Pine, Cutter, and Foreman all should have good teams, as well. Mountain Pine has started the season strong.

PapaHog

Not to say Blevins isn't good, but they have played a soft schedule to start the year. They are 1-1 against quality teams.

BasketballFan2A

Quote from: Ba$ketballFan54321 on November 19, 2017, 04:20:04 pm
Blevins is the team to beat in this conference in my opinion. Everybody back and only 1 loss so far on the season. Mountain Pine, Cutter, and Foreman all should have good teams, as well. Mountain Pine has started the season strong.
+1 on this

BasketballFan2A

Quote from: PapaHog on November 19, 2017, 08:20:23 pm
Not to say Blevins isn't good, but they have played a soft schedule to start the year. They are 1-1 against quality teams.
They are blowing them out though lol

Ba$ketballFan54321

Quote from: BasketballFan2A on November 19, 2017, 10:48:22 pm
They are blowing them out though lol

Exactly. They've been taking care of business against teams that they're supposed to beat easily.

BigBob

Blevins in boys and girls. Heard some chatter about the Murfreesboro girls being good but they always seem to underachieve imo.

ghjoe

What about the Smurfs boys team. They making any noise with their new coach?

hogtastics

Quote from: PapaHog on November 19, 2017, 02:36:54 pm
What's Magnet Cove like this year?

Watched MC play this week. Both girls and boys teams have new coaches and both teams have a ways to go before they will compete in this conference imo.

Ba$ketballFan54321

Mountain Pine is looking good early on. Blevins as well. Those two are looking like the early season favorites. Of course Foreman is still footballin' so don't know exactly what they've got yet. But I expect them to be solid too.

old.dole

#30 for foreman graduated last year correct

TheBaldingEagle

big matchup tonight  Mt Pine vs CMS @cms. 
CMS soph's gonna have to grow up and bring it tonight.

Eslim03

Ok now that we have just completed a state championship in football... I will way in on basketball... yes #30 graduated and we lost some more good players but Foreman will still be very good team this year as well. I expect us to compete for a conference title.

PapaHog

Guess you will find out this week how good Foreman is. Finally basketball season for them.

couch-coach06

Once we get the rust off foreman should be pretty good .. lost the hall kid but gain Carver those players are cut from the same cloth in my opinion .. obviously size and maturity would be the biggest difference.. return pretty much the rest of the scoreing !

BigLion10

England girls and boys beat Blevins tonight, girls by 8 boys 77-74

-Mark-

Mountain Pine (senior boys) is firing on all cylinders right now. Next up for the 12-1 Red Devils is Benton in the Spa City Shootout in Hot Springs.

teachers pet

Mountain Pine is the real deal!

PapaHog

I need to get some studs to marry some kids at my school too I guess.

Eslim03

I'm not taking anything away from pine, cutter , or Blevins but the gators got b-ball players playing football. Do not for one minute think this conference is already settled. The gators might not be the favorites but we was not in football either.

Eslim03

Eslim03

December 22, 2017, 03:54:41 am #23 Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 05:07:57 pm by Eslim03
Foreman will most definitely factor in on deciding this conference.

ak58

Lol. Foreman will be a 3 or 4 seed in basketball. Once you come off that football high you'll see. I think everyone around knew Forman would be 1 or 2 in football. They are a quick athletic bunch, but Blevins and Mt. pine are better. Cutter is pretty close

Eslim03

We will find out soon enough Blevins is here at foreman after the break. Also looking at scores and seeing what is said the team to beat in this conference isn't Blevins it is pine. I will tell you this once foreman gets ten games in we will know but athletically foreman isn't the ones at a disadvantage.

couch-coach06

Idk what style foremans new coach is gona play .. but we have about 10 players that can go pretty good .. we should be able too go razorback style and run most teams too death ..

BigBob

Where did this poyen girls team come from? They are ranked #3.

Bildo

Carlisle beat them 20+... To be honest though, there is no middle of the road in 2A girls. You are either good or very bad. They haven't had the luxury of playing anyone yet.

couch-coach06

Blevins comes too foreman tonight should be a good game !

Eslim03

Quote from: ak58 on December 22, 2017, 10:15:21 am
Lol. Foreman will be a 3 or 4 seed in basketball. Once you come off that football high you'll see. I think everyone around knew Forman would be 1 or 2 in football. They are a quick athletic bunch, but Blevins and Mt. pine are better. Cutter is pretty close

Tonight Blevins got beat by foreman 64-62. Only the gators third game. Not taking anything away from Blevins they are very good and have one of the best coaches in 2A but since foreman played football so long nobody wanted to discuss them. Well now I think we enter the discussion. Also when this senior class was 9th graders foreman did win this conference for those of you that did not know.

PapaHog

Eslim03

Foreman and mountain pine play January 25th. I'm glad it is later because we still need practice and games but foreman does have a very talented team.

jdwalk

January 04, 2018, 10:28:07 pm #33 Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 09:19:11 pm by jdwalk
Quote from: Bildo on January 03, 2018, 08:15:03 am
Carlisle beat them 20+... To be honest though, there is no middle of the road in 2A girls. You are either good or very bad. They haven't had the luxury of playing anyone yet.

Poyen's best player was hurt when they played Carlisle. It would be a little closer if they played right now.

Eslim03

Blevins beat Foreman last night 70-64. They split season series and will probably meet later again in the post season. Foreman needs practice, reps and games to improve from being so late getting basketball going due to football. Foreman will only get better with last nights game only being their fifth game.

Bildo

Quote from: jdwalk on January 04, 2018, 10:28:07 pm
Poyen's best player was hurt when they played Carlisle. It would be a little closer if they played right now.
Did she play?

Bildo

monkeyman3434

Quote from: Eslim03 on January 10, 2018, 02:46:38 pm
Blevins beat Foreman last night 70-64. They split season series and will probably meet later again in the post season. Foreman needs practice, reps and games to improve from being so late getting basketball going due to football. Foreman will only get better with last nights game only being their fifth game.
Happened to be close by so decided to stop and watch this game.  Foreman very athletic and have some kids that can shoot it.  Young coach works hard but he had better get a bunch of their lips shut or he could loose them very fast.  There were several whose attitudes leave a lot to be desired, mouthing when he took them out, hitting stuff etc.  Very talented group hope they get it together fun to watch

couch-coach06

Quote from: monkeyman3434 on January 12, 2018, 08:48:22 am
Happened to be close by so decided to stop and watch this game.  Foreman very athletic and have some kids that can shoot it.  Young coach works hard but he had better get a bunch of their lips shut or he could loose them very fast.  There were several whose attitudes leave a lot to be desired, mouthing when he took them out, hitting stuff etc.  Very talented group hope they get it together fun to watch

I think there was some frustration with there individual play   . Not being disrespectful too there coach .. I think coach Blanton has the makeing too be a very good coach. .. very smart man and knowledgeable of the game...

zsparker93

Where is the 2A-7 West district tournament this year?

couch-coach06

Eslim03

Quote from: couch-coach06 on January 18, 2018, 02:30:32 pm
Poyen along with the region

This should not be the case. Last year district tournament was at cutter and region was at magnet cove. This year is Poyen for both. When they started these blended conferences one would think that the district tournament would rotate from one side of the blended conference to the other side of the blended conferences. These sites are extreme travel for Foreman. We would still have a lot of travel to Blevins, Murfreesboro, or Caddo but it would be more reasonable.

BigBob

Are you kidding me? They are hosting basketball district & regionals, softball and baseball regionals? what in the world they are in the middle of no where

old.dole

Friends in the right places. Triple a won't do anything about though. Still crazy to me how they get everything

jdwalk

Quote from: Eslim03 on January 18, 2018, 04:46:32 pm

This should not be the case. Last year district tournament was at cutter and region was at magnet cove. This year is Poyen for both. When they started these blended conferences one would think that the district tournament would rotate from one side of the blended conference to the other side of the blended conferences. These sites are extreme travel for Foreman. We would still have a lot of travel to Blevins, Murfreesboro, or Caddo but it would be more reasonable.
Poyen and Parkers Chapel are the only schools to put in a bid for baseball and softball regionals. I don't know on Basketball but I guess Poyen's bid was better than the other schools.

Eslim03

Quote from: jdwalk on January 21, 2018, 03:55:07 pm
Poyen and Parkers Chapel are the only schools to put in a bid for baseball and softball regionals. I don't know on Basketball but I guess Poyen's bid was better than the other schools.

I was talking about basketball. The district tournament should be in the southern part of the conference this year especially since regionals are at Poyen. As I stated earlier cutter got the district last year therefore I'm saying the district should be at Blevins, Murfreesboro, Caddo, or Foreman.

LeftyWorld

Well it's going to be st poyen and after this year they won't be in your conference anyway so no need in blowing things up that won't change. If schools want it then put in a big enough bid to get it. Poyen also has junior high district is what I was told. Not excited about going there but if they won the bid blame the other schools for not putting in a bid or a large enough one.

LeftyWorld

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas