• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sporty Award

Started by Notre Dame FB, May 18, 2006, 04:49:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Notre Dame FB

I know its given to Henderson State University Graduates who are now successfull football coaches.

How many years has the award been given?

Who are the past recipients?

Notre Dame FB

Who votes for the award?

R. A.™

The award was first given in 2001-02 with Don Campbell of Wynne receiving the award. Other past winners include Gus Malzahn of Springdale in 2002-03, David Carpenter of Junction City in 2003-04, and Paul Calley of Bryant in 2004-05. 2005-06 winner is  Coach scooter Register of Catholic High School who led his team to the 2005 semi-finals.

Most of the time it is the HSU Alum that has the most success that year.

Notre Dame FB

No voting?

Just whoever goes the furthest in the play-offs, thats wrong, Gus would have won last year. 

Register & Calley are good coaches and a great role model for their players, but there is a name missing if those are the qualifications.

Kevin Kelley, Coach of the AAA State Champion 2003.

Notre Dame FB

The award was first given in 2001-02 with Don Campbell of Wynne receiving the award. Other past winners include Gus Malzahn of Springdale in 2002-03, David Carpenter of Junction City in 2003-04, and Paul Calley of Bryant in 2004-05. 2005-06 winner is  Coach scooter Register of Catholic High School who led his team to the 2005 semi-finals.

Most of the time it is the HSU Alum that has the most success that year.

No voting?
So its more like a popularity contest.

R. A.™

I have no idea how the voting is done

Notre Dame FB

Where do I start asking questions?  Henderson State University, Athletic Director, or Sports Information Director?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas