• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Drew Central - Boys

Started by CTEPirateFan, November 09, 2018, 10:56:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CTEPirateFan

The Pirates open the season with trips to Parker's Chapel (11/13) and Dermott (11/15). I'm excited to see how this season shapes up for them! Pretty challenging schedule to begin the season: http://s3.amazonaws.com/scschoolfiles/1345/2018-2019_basketball_schedule.pdf

*Two Rivers Invitational has them matched up with Two Rivers, Clarksville and Greenwood.

CTEPirateFan

Pirates defeat Parkers Chapel 66-45 to begin the season 1-0

Next up: @ Dermott

old.dole

How did Pc look? Dc is always good. I hear they are poised to make another run

CTEPirateFan

Quote from: old.dole on November 14, 2018, 11:15:33 am
Unfortunately, I wasn't there. The box score shows it was tied at halftime and DC pulled away in the 3rdQ.

old.dole

I wasn't either. Hoping to get to see what they got after thanksgiving

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: old.dole on November 14, 2018, 11:15:33 am
Another run to 2nd in conference?

trojanman

not that it really matters but the score reported is wrong PC had a 3pt halftime lead on the pirates. PC came out tired and flat in the 3rd and DC came out hot and took the game over. PC played them pretty even in the 4th until both teams started subbing. Drew Central is very very good again this year. I thought our kids hung in there pretty well and got me excited for the season. final was 66-48 and like I said 3 points doesnt really make difference

CTEPirateFan

Dermott hands DC a 58-56 loss tonight.

Next up: @ Two Rivers, Monday at 8:30pm

*I was unable to be at tonight's game, but will be at all three next week!

Sports Guru

Gonna be interesting when Crossett and Drew Central play on November 27. The Eagles look very much improved starting the year at 2-0 under new Head coach Lincoln. I believe he has lit a fire under the team and is building them up. I like what he is doing with the program it's good to see them winning some games in basketball.

CTEPirateFan

Pirates beat Two Rivers 74-46. Great defense and team ball played tonight. Tomorrow they matchup with Clarksville.

CTEPirateFan

DC moves to 3-1 with a 62-47 win over Clarksville.

Next up: Greenwood (11/21) at 12:30pm at Two Rivers

CTEPirateFan

Pirates edge Greenwood 44-41 in a sloppy game moving to a record of 4-1.

Next up: vs. Crossett (11/27)

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: CTEPirateFan on November 21, 2018, 01:50:56 pm
Pirates edge Greenwood 44-41 in a sloppy game moving to a record of 4-1.

Next up: vs. Crossett (11/27)

Watched that game today,   was curious the decisions made late that made it more interesting  then it should have been.   But congrats on the win

CTEPirateFan

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on November 21, 2018, 08:19:52 pm
Watched that game today,   was curious the decisions made late that made it more interesting  then it should have been.   But congrats on the win
I agree! Up 9 with under 2 minutes left and giving the other team chances. It was an off game all around. A win is a win, but they still have things to work on moving forward for sure.

CTEPirateFan

A 66-53 win over Crossett is the result of the home opener. Pirates are now 5-1

Next up: vs. Alpena (11/30)

YSpanther

Quote from: CTEPirateFan on November 27, 2018, 09:48:51 pm
A 66-53 win over Crossett is the result of the home opener. Pirates are now 5-1

Next up: vs. Alpena (11/30)
Interesting matchup, from a travel perspective.  We just played Alpena and escaped with a small victory 54-47.  They have a few scorers, but not enough size and don't rebound well enough. Valley Springs and Bergman handled them pretty well.  But they are pretty good for an A program.

CTEPirateFan

Quote from: YSpanther on November 28, 2018, 08:34:28 pm
Interesting matchup, from a travel perspective.  We just played Alpena and escaped with a small victory 54-47.  They have a few scorers, but not enough size and don't rebound well enough. Valley Springs and Bergman handled them pretty well.  But they are pretty good for an A program.
DC hosts what they call a "Mini State" and they try to bring in teams from different areas to get different competition. If I'm not mistaken, it began as just 3A schools, but has since evolved a bit. Valley Springs is also coming down for the weekend.

YSpanther

Quote from: CTEPirateFan on November 28, 2018, 09:52:36 pm
DC hosts what they call a "Mini State" and they try to bring in teams from different areas to get different competition. If I'm not mistaken, it began as just 3A schools, but has since evolved a bit. Valley Springs is also coming down for the weekend.
While the idea is great, that is some serious travel time on a school day.  We are talking 4.5 hours in a car, let alone a school bus.  I guess if Drew can get everyone to come to them, it is a win-win for them.  :)

CTEPirateFan

DC over Alepna 63-46 tonight and are now 6-1.

Next up: vs. Valley Springs (12/1)
Should be a good one with Valley staying undefeated after a 2 point win over Warren.

CTEPirateFan

That one hurts. Valley Springs over DC 63-42 to stay undefeated and giving the Pirates a 6-2 mark on the year.

Next up: vs. Dollarway (12/4) to begin conference play

*Fun fact: Not to compare seasons, but after DC lost to Valley last year, they didn't lose again until senior night against McGehee. Lots more basketball to be played!

Mr.Swine89

Is Valley that much better than DC?

YSpanther

Quote from: Mr.Swine89 on December 03, 2018, 11:37:47 am
Is Valley that much better than DC?
They could be. They usually lose a few around here locally, but they haven't missed a beat this year.  Also, the kid that transferred from Marshall was their best player and had played against my son since peewees in the 5th grade.  He has always been a player.  And they were pretty darn good last year.

CTEPirateFan

DC with a 53-41 win over Dollarway tonight.

Next up: @ DeWitt (12/7)

CTEPirateFan

Pirates put the mercy rule on DeWitt with a 72-41 win.

Next up: vs. Rison (12/11)

CTEPirateFan

DC over Rison 81-55 moving to a 9-2 record overall and 3-0 in conference.

Next up: vs. Dumas (12/14)

CTEPirateFan

The second half puts DC on top of Dumas 64-49 tonight.

Next up: vs. Monticello (12/21) for the Showdown in M-Town. It's going to be a packed house next Friday night.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: CTEPirateFan on December 14, 2018, 11:13:30 pm
The second half puts DC on top of Dumas 64-49 tonight.

Next up: vs. Monticello (12/21) for the Showdown in M-Town. It's going to be a packed house next Friday night.
Why are they playing in McGehee?

CTEPirateFan

End of 1stQ
DC 13
Monticello 5

CTEPirateFan

CTEPirateFan

End of 3rdQ
DC 37
Monticello 29

CTEPirateFan

Jimbo Morphis

Congrats to Drew Central. They won the Super Bowl.

CTEPirateFan

Pirates are now 12-2 after a 61-48 win over Fordyce in the first round of the Commercial Bank SEARK Holiday Tournament.

Next up: vs. Dermott (12/28) at 8:20pm

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: CTEPirateFan on December 27, 2018, 10:00:03 pm
Pirates are now 12-2 after a 61-48 win over Fordyce in the first round of the Commercial Bank SEARK Holiday Tournament.

Next up: vs. Dermott (12/28) at 8:20pm
That should be a fun one to watch.

CTEPirateFan

Quote from: Oldman on December 28, 2018, 12:35:51 pm
That should be a fun one to watch.
Should be, but if DC plays like they did last night Dermott is gonna run all over them.

CTEPirateFan

CTEPirateFan

CTEPirateFan

End of 3rdQ

DC 43
Dermott 48

Rams #22 drained three 3s to help pull them ahead.

CTEPirateFan

FINAL

DC 59
Dermott 68

Pirates are 12-3 and face Lake Village in tomorrow's consolation game of the Commercial Bank SEARK Holiday Tournament

CTEPirateFan

It wasn't pretty, but the Pirates beat Lake Village 82-73 in overtime to take 3rd in the Commercial Bank SEARK Holiday Tournament.

Next up: at McGehee (1/8)

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldman on December 21, 2018, 10:19:22 pm
Congrats to Drew Central. They won the Super Bowl.

Basketball town.

CTEPirateFan

CTEPirateFan

Pirates stay undefeated in conference with a 65-57 win at McGehee.

Next up: vs. Lake Village (1/11)

CTEPirateFan

Pirates defeat Lake Village 63-53 for their 15th win of the season.

Next up: at Central (West Helena) on (1/15)
This game should be a fun one as both teams are the only ones still undefeated in conference play.

CTEPirateFan

Heartbreak in overtime. Pirates fall 76-74 to Helena-West Helena.

Next up: at Dollarway (1/18)

CTEPirateFan

Pirates are back to their winning ways with a 49-46 win at Dollarway.

Next up: vs. DeWitt (1/22)

CTEPirateFan

DeWitt picks up their first conference win over the Pirates in overtime tonight 42-41

Next up for DC: at Rison (1/24)

FoxandHound34

Wow, what's going on down in Pirate Land right now?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: CTEPirateFan on January 22, 2019, 09:27:53 pm
DeWitt picks up their first conference win over the Pirates in overtime tonight 42-41

Next up for DC: at Rison (1/24)
How did this happen? Mcgehee just beat them by 50.

ISU7

Quote from: Oldman on January 23, 2019, 08:54:57 am
How did this happen? Mcgehee just beat them by 50.
Other teams want to win too so it happens, not surprised. ;D 8)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas