• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coaching Openings 2014

Started by Ice Water, March 17, 2014, 07:13:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Googlymoogly

Quote from: vstigerz on May 17, 2014, 05:24:04 pm
Quote from: Googlymoogly on May 17, 2014, 12:08:58 am
Oh and Bergman is said to have narrowed its choices down to four so they could be hiring by this time next week.

Any Names?
Heard today that Charlie Melton is one of them, and maybe is the top candidate

bluegrassboy75

Crowley's Ridge Academy announced tonight the hiring of Wesley Rothe (former assistant at Nettleton) as new boys coach.

Bergman1820

May 19, 2014, 01:47:23 pm #152 Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 01:53:03 pm by vstigerz
Quote from: Googlymoogly on May 17, 2014, 07:30:07 pm
Quote from: vstigerz on May 17, 2014, 05:24:04 pm
Quote from: Googlymoogly on May 17, 2014, 12:08:58 am
Oh and Bergman is said to have narrowed its choices down to four so they could be hiring by this time next week.

Any Names?
Heard today that Charlie Melton is one of them, and maybe is the top candidate

Where is he coaching at now? Nevermind I see Scranton.

Googlymoogly

Charlie has a pretty good track record. He had some good clubs at Western Grove before moving on to Scranton where he has won TWO state championships, one in basketball and and one in softball

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Googlymoogly on May 19, 2014, 06:06:28 pm
Charlie has a pretty good track record. He had some good clubs at Western Grove before moving on to Scranton where he has won TWO state championships, one in basketball and and one in softball

So is he from the Harrison area, or just that's where he got his start at?

Googlymoogly

I believe he is from Yellville

MA

Nip/Tusk

I'm sure Selph could do it. Lol

What happened to helder?

Moonshiner

Gonna be a preacher from what I've been told.

Brian G

Though I know this is mostly head jobs, Fayetteville has an opening for high school assistant for the ladies. 

Googlymoogly

Quote from: B.G. on May 20, 2014, 06:50:21 pm
Though I know this is mostly head jobs, Fayetteville has an opening for high school assistant for the ladies. 
Is Carol leaving her post?

Brian G

Quote from: Googlymoogly on May 20, 2014, 07:50:46 pm
She left it a month+ ago.  Not going to coach any more.

gojackets14

Quote from: B.G. on May 20, 2014, 07:51:47 pm
Quote from: Googlymoogly on May 20, 2014, 07:50:46 pm
She left it a month+ ago.  Not going to coach any more.

In house hire?

Brian G

bdog32

Heber boys???  Any names going around?

BrianfromCarlisle

Hauser from Stuttgart is Carlisle boys coach according to my source

b-ball fan

What does West Fork have coming back?

4real

Is Fimple interviewing at Sheridan?  I hear they are willing to get out deep pockets...

wildboy44

Quote from: 4real on May 22, 2014, 01:20:56 pm
Is Fimple interviewing at Sheridan?  I hear they are willing to get out deep pockets...
Camden Fairview is looking for a Head Basketball Coach.

wildboy44

Quote from: HF on April 28, 2014, 02:54:49 pm
Quote from: HF on April 23, 2014, 11:41:07 pm
Boys
Conway--Will Johnson(previously @ Conway 9th Grade)
Benton---Dexter Hendrix(previously @ Benton Harmony Grove)
Bismarck---Coach Reed(Previously @ Cossatot River)
Yellville--Broc Adams(Previously @ St Joe)
Dover--Jason George(previously @ Dover Jr High)
Norfork
Corning
Pine Bluff
Corning
Trumann
Sloan Hendrix
Benton harmony grove
Hughes
Maynard
Arkansas Baptist
Crowley's Ridge Academy
Poyen--Blue Kesterson(formerly girls coach @ Ouachita)
Carlisle
Mena
Morrilton
St Joe
Cossatot River

GIRLS
Van Buren
Wynne--Bobby Howard(previously @ Bergman)
Sloan Hendrix--Marty Moore(Last @ Pocahontas)
Bergman
Trumann
Bauxite
Bay--Braden Watson(Previously @ Maynard BOYS)
Blevins--Coach Hall(Formerly Boys coach @ Poyen?)
Ouachita--
Westside Greers Ferry
Batesville--
Add Camden Fairview Boys to the list.

Moonshiner

Who will West Fork hire?  Or better question....who are they interested in?

Nip/Tusk

Someone with connections.

Mike Love

I heard he is gonna interview tomorrow. Dont think he would be a goof fit, a drastic difference in the "type" of athlete at Sheridan than what he gets at NLR. He would actually have to coach.  I hear they have some real quality young coaches interviewing...gonna be interesting.

Googlymoogly

The Bergman board is meeting tonight and from what I have heard they are going to hire James Halitzka to be the new girls coach. He coached at Weiner a few years, taking his last girls team there to the state title two years ago in the school's last year of existence. He coached in Missouri last year.

Mr. Basketball

Actually, GooglyMoogly, Weiner was state runner-up to Nevada in last year of 2013.

Mr. Basketball

May 22, 2014, 10:21:05 pm #175 Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 10:58:33 pm by Mr. Basketball
Dennis Wilson has been chosen as Melbourne Boys Coach.  He coached there many years ago with some success and is returning after being in private business for the last 20 years.

Moonshiner

20 years ago??  Good luck.  Things have certainly changed in 20 years.

Googlymoogly

yes, that was typo on my part. I meant to type in "state title game"
I was there. I watched them get beat by Nevada County and wondering how in the world they beat Wonderview in the semifinals

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Googlymoogly on May 22, 2014, 10:44:23 pm
I was there. I watched them get beat by Nevada County and wondering how in the world they beat Wonderview in the semifinals

ah..well when your outscored by one player that you have noone that can come close to matching up with on defense. Wonderview was a much better match up for them to say the least...

HorseFeathers

Quote from: HF on May 16, 2014, 07:38:30 pm
Quote from: HF on May 10, 2014, 08:50:43 pm
Boys
Conway--Will Johnson(previously @ Conway 9th Grade)
Benton---Dexter Hendrix(previously @ Benton Harmony Grove)
Bismarck---Coach Reed(Previously @ Cossatot River)
Yellville--Broc Adams(Previously @ St Joe)
Dover--Jason George(previously @ Dover Jr High)
Norfork
Corning---Chris Murray(Formerly Girls Coach @ Hoxie)
Pine Bluff
Trumann---Dion Real(Formerly Asst @ UT-Martin)
Sloan Hendrix--Jeremy Cude(Formerly of Batesville/Riverview/and Mammoth Spring)
Benton harmony grove---Jeff Hogue(Formerly of Arkansas Baptist)
Hughes
Maynard--Adam Blackwell(Formerly of Couch, Mo)
Arkansas Baptist--Brian Ross(Formerly HC Bentonville Jr High/Asst Bentonville Varsity)
Crowley's Ridge Academy--Wesley Rothe(Formerly ASST @ Nettleton)
Poyen--Blue Kesterson(formerly girls coach @ Ouachita)
Carlisle---??? Hauser (previously @ Stuttgart)
Mena
Morrilton
St Joe
Heber Springs
Cossatot River--Kevin Kyzer(Perviously @ HC Heber Springs)
Hazen--
Melbourne--Dennis Wilson(Last Coached 10+ years ago @ Melbourne)
Omaha
West Fork
Camden Fairview
Hazen

GIRLS
Van Buren---Chris Bryant ((formerly assistant VB boys high school coach))
Wynne--Bobby Howard(previously @ Bergman)
Sloan Hendrix--Marty Moore(Last @ Pocahontas)
Bergman
Trumann--Justin Williams(formerly asst @ Marion)
Bauxite--Cody Lambert(formerly of Genoa Central)
Bay--Braden Watson(Previously @ Maynard BOYS)
Blevins--Coach Hall(Formerly Boys coach @ Poyen?)
Ouachita--
Westside Greers Ferry
flippin--Jason Hughes(HC @ Cave City)
Sheridan--
Spring Hill(?)
Cedarville--
Hoxie--
Lr Christian--
Batesville--
Cave City--
Mt Ida--
Prescott--Jim Elser(Last Coached @ Hot Springs)

Googlymoogly

Quote from: HF on May 22, 2014, 10:51:48 pm

ah..well when your outscored by one player that you have noone that can come close to matching up with on defense. Wonderview was a much better match up for them to say the least...
Wonderview had also won the championship the previous year and a lot of times kids get it in their heads, well we won it last year so we should be in the finals again this year!
Just think of those poor Nemo Vista girls. They were all freshmen and sophomores with one junior. Everyone now is telling them, oh you will probably win it two or three times before you are done.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Googlymoogly on May 23, 2014, 01:13:34 am
Quote from: HF on May 22, 2014, 10:51:48 pm

Wonderview had also won the championship the previous year and a lot of times kids get it in their heads, well we won it last year so we should be in the finals again this year!
Just think of those poor Nemo Vista girls. They were all freshmen and sophomores with one junior. Everyone now is telling them, oh you will probably win it two or three times before you are done.

Wonderview lost a couple key contributors off of that State Title team as well...

As far as Nemo Vista...I don't know, 1A girls might be even more down next year than this past year. Nemo and Wonderview could have an absolute cake walk to the finals next season...

4real

Quote from: Mike Love on May 22, 2014, 04:47:25 pm
I heard he is gonna interview tomorrow. Dont think he would be a goof fit, a drastic difference in the "type" of athlete at Sheridan than what he gets at NLR. He would actually have to coach.  I hear they have some real quality young coaches interviewing...gonna be interesting.
From what I remember, Sheridan did pretty good hiring a NLR coach named Treadway many years ago who had been accustomed to having "athletes."  I don't believe he had near the success at NLR as Fimple either. 
Fimp can coach.  He's a Foley guy and works kids hard and always plays tough defense.  Most folks don't realize the kids he has come in from the middle schools usually have never been taught anything.

MikeDieselâ„¢

Haven't seen it listed, but Blytheville's head boys position is open.

BrianfromCarlisle

HF,  it is Chris Houser according to Carlisle paper.

HorseFeathers

Thanks brian i looked at stuttgart.s school site but couldn.t find it.  And hadn.t seen anythng about blytheville

Googlymoogly

ICC hired Tim Massey away from Melbourne to be the Lady Cougars' new girls coach. That's pretty big news for that area. OF course, Massey brings his two very good step-daughters with him so now ICC girls should be in the thick in the race for the 1A state title the next couple of years

Mr. Basketball

He will be assistant athletic director, special events coordinator, and EAST teacher with some additional assistant coaching duties actually, I think, GooglyMoogly.   

Googlymoogly

May 24, 2014, 07:51:49 am #188 Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 11:56:24 pm by Googlymoogly
Yeah. Once again my typing fingers got ahead of my brain.
I have decided to change this post. And defend Tim Massey instead. Known him for a long time... 20 years maybe?? Closer to 17 probably. We aren't close friends but surely not the other way around either. He's been the head boys basketball coach and head girls basketball coach at Melbourne in those years, and is the AD as well. I thought he did a pretty good job with the girls the last few years, getting all their personalities together on one page to play a simple game of basketball a couple of nights a week. If he felt he had to get away from Melbourne and find a spot someone else, then good from him. I am going to be for the individual person over an entire school district in most cases. People should be allowed to do what's best for them and their families.

I am not going to pretend I know all the circumstances going at at Melbourne. I just knew his departure was imminent. It surprised me he ended up at ICC though, because my other source said he was sure Massey was headed to another school closer to Batesville. But hey, things change.

Oh, I still haven't heard the official word on Bergman though.

Mike Love

Fimple did not interview at Sheridan yesterday. Search is ongoing.

Basketballfan13

Isn't one of his step daughters the freshman post player, who is the other?

RiverRat

The other one is a boy who will be an eighth grader I believe.

tman

Coach Massey started his career at ICC and his boys went to school there. He has two step children that can play so this isn't a real big deal to most. Wish them lots of luck.

gamechanger11

Wow. What happened to Coach Booth. And events coordinator didn't know a class a school had so many events.  So with all of this taking place can we please put the mess of claiming Bay does this or that to get players. It is quite obvious it takes place at other places as well so just stop.  With that being said they better get more help than just his step daughter though or contenders is all they will ever be. They are still a ways from beating Nemo, wonderview or Kirby. They might try to get the girl back from Calico. And need to if they are going to beat those others. IMO.

Real deal

Quote from: tman on May 24, 2014, 08:14:13 pm
Coach Massey started his career at ICC and his boys went to school there. He has two step children that can play so this isn't a real big deal to most. Wish them lots of luck.

His one boy also went to Melbourne to, played at icc jr year Melbourne sr year. Tim is a good guy and a good coach but it's hard to keep up with where he is.

Real deal

Quote from: gamechanger11 on May 25, 2014, 09:12:25 am
Wow. What happened to Coach Booth. And events coordinator didn't know a class a school had so many events.  So with all of this taking place can we please put the mess of claiming Bay does this or that to get players. It is quite obvious it takes place at other places as well so just stop.  With that being said they better get more help than just his step daughter though or contenders is all they will ever be. They are still a ways from beating Nemo, wonderview or Kirby. They might try to get the girl back from Calico. And need to if they are going to beat those others. IMO.

Thanks, bay has yet to have an events coordinator!!  Lol

Bergman1820

James Halitzka has been hired at Bergman.

J.D.

Quote from: vstigerz on May 25, 2014, 07:24:53 pm
James Halitzka has been hired at Bergman.

Awesome.  Good Coach.

Bergman1820

Quote from: Mr. Basketball on May 24, 2014, 05:35:42 am
He will be assistant athletic director, special events coordinator, and EAST teacher with some additional assistant coaching duties actually, I think, GooglyMoogly.   

So he won't have the head coaching job?

bulldog42

Quote from: vstigerz on May 27, 2014, 02:46:13 pm
Quote from: Mr. Basketball on May 24, 2014, 05:35:42 am

So he won't have the head coaching job?
That is right, ICC is keeping both of their coaches.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas