• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What about 1A contenders?

Started by KREWSAWHEWSKI, October 04, 2016, 09:02:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

KREWSAWHEWSKI

Got a few new faces in the crowd from 2A who have dropped in to 1A for this cycle.  The usual traditional 1A teams who are around at the end are:

Scranton
Nemo Vista
Concord
Taylor

New kids on the block:
Woodlawn
Midland
Dierks
Mt Ida

Who am I missing that will be in the mix in 1A??

gamechanger11

I don't know much about Woodlawn other than they are usually and very solid team. But the teams that have been in 1a I could see a Scranton and armorel finals

KREWSAWHEWSKI

Quote from: gamechanger11 on October 12, 2016, 07:54:52 pm
I don't know much about Woodlawn other than they are usually and very solid team. But the teams that have been in 1a I could see a Scranton and armorel finals

Mt Ida will be tough.  Had a freshman pitcher last season who progressed very well.  I believe Woodlawn lost several key players to graduation.  Midland is a few years removed from some deep runs in the playoffs.  Dierks is a fairly young team that has played in a dominating 2A conference (Springhill & Foreman). 

My apologies to Armorel & Viola as they have been in the 1A conversation pretty consistently.

BLUEBLOOD

I have a huge interest in 1A softball this season since my home team Dierks Outlaws have been classified as 1A (in everything except football).  The softball team has been in the tradition-rich 7-2A ever since softball came into existence in Arkansas high school.  Only lost 1 senior from last season and only have 2 returning who started last year as juniors.  Will be a mostly underclassmen cast.  Also have pitcher/catcher combo (both juniors) who have started every game of their high school careers at those spots.  A pretty good mix of experience and youth.

Outlaws should be very competitive this season and these girls expect to make a good state tournament run.

dc3

December 14, 2016, 01:57:15 pm #4 Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 02:00:44 pm by dc3
Quote from: KREWSAWHEWSKI on October 13, 2016, 08:53:28 am
Mt Ida will be tough.  Had a freshman pitcher last season who progressed very well.  I believe Woodlawn lost several key players to graduation.  Midland is a few years removed from some deep runs in the playoffs.  Dierks is a fairly young team that has played in a dominating 2A conference (Springhill & Foreman). 

My apologies to Armorel & Viola as they have been in the 1A conversation pretty consistently.

Mt. Ida won't be in 1A will they? They play 2A football and basketball. Yes, I understand about the new conferences.. but when it comes to district, regional, state tournaments.. they will play 2a..

Nevermind.. just checked http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/Baseball.Softball/Conferences/SB_Conferences_17.pdf

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas