• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

bay girls basketball

Started by elvis26, September 20, 2018, 07:57:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

elvis26

:) are any of the bay girls playing basketball with other schools this coming season?

NWA Hawg

How can a program like this not find enough girls to have a team?

OB11

What are they doing with the guy they hired to coach the girls team?

Flobbito

Quote from: OB11 on September 21, 2018, 10:19:14 am
What are they doing with the guy they hired to coach the girls team?

Sounds like he should be hitting the recruiting trail a little harder if they don't have a team.

Missco

No way a school their size shouldn't be able to field a team

bball101

HorseFeathers

Bay is 2a....but heard there was a mass exodus over the summer

Eagle_Mom_2

I'm just wondering why they didn't move Preston the Bearded Heart Breaker Harmon over to coach the girls. I would have to think with his energy and intensity it would really be a shot in the arm of the program and they'd have plenty to field a team.

Informant

From my understanding, them not fielding a team had nothing to do with coaching.  Coach Watson is one of the best in the business and if it was about him, they would have come back after he stepped down.  Sounds like the girls weren't getting along with other girls.  Small school basketball can be a hard process and grueling on teenagers.  Sounds like these girls didn't want to work hard.  Good Riddance.   

Slater was by far best choice to give that program "a shot in the arm."  He will do well at Bay.  Unfortunately, I don't think he'll be there long.  Once a larger school sees his value, he'll be gone for bigger money. 

Preston Harmon would have been a terrible choice for girls coach and the admin clearly thought so as well.  I'm betting Bay moves on from him after this season. 

Good Luck to the "Jr" Lady Jackets

paramount

Who is this Slater guy? He has no relevant background in sr high coaching that i know of.

He must have been very desperate to take a coaching position with no sr high team. That was common knowledge in the spring.

Why take this position unless you were only going to be there for one year in the first place? I can't think of a school other than one the size of Bay that would hire him. I'm sure he can coach but some kind of track record is needed.

It is very apparent by the way that Informant is Slater. You gave yourself away way too easily

Flobbito

Quote from: paramount on September 24, 2018, 06:29:53 pm
Who is this Slater guy? He has no relevant background in sr high coaching that i know of.

He must have been very desperate to take a coaching position with no sr high team. That was common knowledge in the spring.

Why take this position unless you were only going to be there for one year in the first place? I can't think of a school other than one the size of Bay that would hire him. I'm sure he can coach but some kind of track record is needed.

It is very apparent by the way that Informant is Slater. You gave yourself away way too easily

If you're going to make a revelation like that, then you need to include a link to a GIF or a meme of Fred and Velma pulling the mask off of someone.  Just saying it would make it better.

Informant

Quote from: paramount on September 24, 2018, 06:29:53 pm

The only thing apparent here is that you know nothing.  A few months ago, you told everyone that must be Kenton Weaver.  Now I'm Michael Slater.  You have made 8 posts and 7 of them have been in bashing something that I have said.  What is up with that?

I'm neither Weave or Slater.  Slater was the Head Girls coach at Rivercrest last year and took them to a Regional Tournament.  So I think that would most likely qualify him for a position at Bay.  And in no way does that make him desperate for anything.  This only further proves my point that you are more interested in coming at me than you are discussing topics.

Brookland also hired him... Rivercrest hired him.  Both of those schools are bigger than Bay?  I believe that is also common knowledge.  Maybe hes interested in building a program.  Maybe he wanted to be closer to home.  Maybe it was a pay increase.  Are any of these common knowledge? 

Hes well known around NEA coaching circles, just as Weaver is.  Clearly you do not have knowledge of anything relevant to bring to this discussion. 

You do however sound like a disgruntled coach or former coach that no one seems to care for.  BigTiger is the guy you need to speak to. 

Good luck with whatever is bothering you.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas