• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parkers chapel?

Started by NWA Hawg, June 24, 2014, 10:23:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NWA Hawg

Anyone know who got the parkers chapel job?

Football_Han_D_Cap

I heard the guy who was non renewed at KIPP Charter in Helena is going to Parkers Chapel. Strange hire???

Razorhogz

So glad to see he landed somewhere. I was shocked to hear he was non-renewed if that is even true. Parker's Chapel is getting a hidden gem. All of us saw it and were praying that he would leave kippdelta, as they played in our conference. Now apparently they moved up classifications so it wouldn't matter anyways. He's a really good coach.

Rida4Life

I guess the "good guy" isn't much for being a man of his word.  Didn't show up for the first day of his contract and quit over the phone.  Not much class there.

Moonshiner

I'm confused.  So the guy fom Kipp that went to Parker's already quit?

Concord_Fan

Again,  He must not have signed his contract, therefore didn't quit, just got a better offer. Bashing someones character because he was offered multiple jobs in a "dog eat dog" world is hysterical. Coaching jobs are competitive and last minute decisions are made all the time, from what I gather this was a prime example of the situation. ElDorado publishing an article about him before he was a signed employee was their mistake.

bleudog

July 12, 2014, 08:06:52 am #6 Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 09:32:54 am by bleudog
Quote from: Concord_Fan on July 12, 2014, 01:31:53 am
Again,  He must not have signed his contract, therefore didn't quit, just got a better offer. Bashing someones character because he was offered multiple jobs in a "dog eat dog" world is hysterical. Coaching jobs are competitive and last minute decisions are made all the time, from what I gather this was a prime example of the situation. ElDorado publishing an article about him before he was a signed employee was their mistake.

Really ???

You think the paper made a "mistake" ???

Here's the article you mentioned. 

CLICK HERE

Quite a few quotes in there.  Seems like the paper was acting in good faith.

Razorhogz

I talked to our coach who said he spoke with the guy personally. Apparently he felt as bad as he should for Parker's. And that quitman is close to his house and he was offered a substantial amount of more money. I get people saying he's not a man of his word, etc. but I can't blame him. If my husband was in the same situation I would hope he would make the same one. Our coach did say that he seemed pretty remorseful about the whole thing but that's all I know.

BoxNOne

The article and his quotes certainly sound like he had accepted the job whether he had signed anything or not.

NWA Hawg

I believe money was a big issue. I know personally that they cut the contract length from 230 to 190 which cuts out at least 7000 to 8000 dollars and for a person with a masters even more. New super said he can't see paying a basketball coach to work in the summer. I know it run off a few good coaches that were interested

bleudog

July 14, 2014, 07:23:19 am #10 Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 01:08:00 pm by bleudog
Coach search 2.0:  CLICK HERE

NWA Hawg

Anyone know who they decided on?

lanecamper54

They hired Trey Lynch last week.

bleudog

Moonshiner

Very good hire.  Hope they will be patient with him.  He's young but will be a good one.

Agreed this is a good hire, great background, will just need some time.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas