• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

State Tournament Game Schedules(Thursday Start Bracket in 1st Post)

Started by HorseFeathers, March 01, 2014, 10:14:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

New Bracket For Thur Start:  http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/BB_2ASTATEBracket_2014.pdf

If you have trouble seeing the newest bracket, change browsers as it's a glitch in your computer.

HF will update his work below ASAP.

Thursday

Game NumberTimeBoys/GirlsMatch-up
#11 p.mGirlsMarmaduke VS Strong
#22:30 p.mBoysCedar Ridge VSDermott
#34:00 p.mGirlsBrinkley VS Hackett
#45:30BoysClarendon VSUnion Christian
#57:00 PMGirlsMountainburg VSPoyen
#68:30 P.mBoysConway St Joe VSHughes

Friday

#71 p.mGirlsSpringhill VSSalem
#82:30 p.mBoysBlevins VSAugusta
#94:00 p.mGirlsEngland VSConway St Joe
#105:30BoysBrinkley VSHector
#117:00 PMGirlsJ.C Westside VSMagnet Cove
#128:30 P.mBoysBigelow VSEngland

Saturday

#1311 a.mGirlsCedar Ridge VS Dierks
#1412:30 p.mBoysBuffalo Island Central VSBearden
#152:00 p.mGirlsForeman VSMarked Tree
#163:30BoysJunction City VSEast Poinsett County
#175:00 PMGirlsMarmaduke VSConway St Joe
#186:30 P.mBoysCedar Ridge VSBrinkley

Monday

#191 p.mGirlsBrinkley VSCedar Ridge
#202:30 p.mBoysClarendon VSBuffalo Island Central
#214:00 p.mGirlsSpringhill VSMagnet Cove
#225:30BoysBlevins VSEngland
#237:00 PMGirlsMountainburg VSMarked Tree
#248:30 P.mBoysConway St Joe VS JunctioN City

Tuesday

#251 p.mGirlsMarmaduke VSSpringhill
#262:30BoysCedar Ridge VSEngland
#274:00 p.mGirlsBrinkley VS Mountainburg
#285:30BoysClarendon VS Winner Game 24

Link to PDF Bracket---2A State Bracket

Brian G

Share all weather updates here.  I will update the first post master schedule as we get the news.

6A has already delayed their start by one day.

Possibilities include: finishing on Sunday or Monday, starting games earlier in the day.

I bet we hear on 2A any minute now.

Steves68Nova

March 03, 2014, 10:49:00 am #2 Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 10:58:43 am by Steves68Nova
Just got a text that the Mountainburg game was moved till Wednesday.

Just looked. they changed the schedule online. Looks like they might be ending on Monday.

Elvis

Revised bracket for 2A just pushed back one day. Starts on Wednesday, and will finish on Sunday.

Steves68Nova

Brian G

Steves68Nova

Are the finals not usually the day after? Or do they wait until the next week. Have never been to a high school final in Arkansas. I was at one in Colorado and it was the day after the semifinals.

Brian G

ISU7

Quote from: Steves68Nova on March 03, 2014, 04:43:50 pm
Are the finals not usually the day after? Or do they wait until the next week. Have never been to a high school final in Arkansas. I was at one in Colorado and it was the day after the semifinals.
The next week

HorseFeathers

Just wanted to Point out to everybody...that the times for Sunday run like a normal day, starting at 12:30 with last game scheduled to tip at 5 P.M that evening...no split semi final schedule this year..

Elvis

They should just postpone, and start next Tuesday. This weather in the northern part of the state is still awful. No school...... No games..... AAA needs to take in consideration those kids traveling on buses coming from the northern parts of the state, and those traveling north. Do the right thing.

Brian G

NEark tigers

Quote from: Elvis on March 04, 2014, 07:29:33 am
They should just postpone, and start next Tuesday. This weather in the northern part of the state is still awful. No school...... No games..... AAA needs to take in consideration those kids traveling on buses coming from the northern parts of the state, and those traveling north. Do the right thing.

It took me nearly 3 1/2 hours to get home from Tunica, MS to Earle. Normally, it would take me about 50 minutes. Ice is very thick!!!

ak58

does any else think the England girls can cause marmaduke girls some trouble? I think so.

MomaLion

I think England and Brinkley will be tough to handle.

BoxNOne

I would say Marmaduke would win but not by much. England definitely has a shot IMO.

BigLion10

If england can hold on to the ball they will give Marmaduke a game against Brinkley we turned the ball over and over and lost by 5

BoxNOne

Marmaduke plays pretty good defense and pressures the ball well.

BigLion10

Marmaduke does that very well england usually handles it well but that night they were out of sync

Elvis

AAA postponed until Thursday start pushing all games back. Look like Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Monday & Tuesday. I wish they would leave Sunday, and finish on Monday.

ak58

I'm really hoping to see a Marmaduke vs Spring Hill girls rematch in the semis. could be very interesting

bulldog

Games will be played on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Monday.  Finals will not change, they will be played  next weekend.

Donnie Jamon

Think they are backing it up another day.  Thurs looks like first day games

Brian G

BoxNOne

Quote from: bulldog on March 04, 2014, 02:19:49 pm
Games will be played on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Monday.  Finals will not change, they will be played  next weekend.

Won't they have to play Tuesday also?

bulldog

Date:               Tuesday, March 4, 2014
Re:                   State High School Basketball Tournament

Winter Weather Forces Second Postponement;
All State Tournament Games to Start on Thursday

Because of winter weather which has left the state covered with either snow or ice throughout the week, the Arkansas Activities Association has postponed the opening round of ALL state tournament games with the official starting day now set for Thursday.

Originally, state tournament play was scheduled to start for Classes 6A, 5A, 3A, 2A and 1A on Tuesday and for 7A and 4A on Wednesday. On Monday the AAA postponed all scheduled games for Tuesday and moved the games to Wednesday.  The AAA decided on Tuesday to delay the opening round one more day, stopping play on Wednesday.

If weather permits, Class 7A and 4A will play tournament games on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Monday. The schools scheduled to advance to the State Finals will meet in the AAA office on Tuesday, March 11th.

Tournament play for Class 6A, 5A, 3A, 2A and 1A will be on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Monday and Tuesday. The schools scheduled to advance to the State Finals will meet at the AAA office on Wednesday, March 12th.

To download the brackets with the new time changes and dates, go to the AAA website at www.ahsaa.org. The brackets can be downloaded or viewed from our main page.

Tournament Sites:
Class 7A – Conway High School
Class 6A – Jonesboro High School
Class 5A – Alma High School
Class 4A – Lonoke High School
Class 3A – Charleston High School
Class 2A – Hampton High School
Class 1A – North Arkansas College, Harrison

Steves68Nova

Yesterday Mountainburg's bus got all the way to Russellville before they found out the game was moved a day later. They turned around and went home.

Brian G

The Springdale Har-ber girls team got to Altus and turned back.

Steves68Nova

HorseFeathers

Pretty sure altus is forty miles from russellville . . . . Roads and interstate are clear in russellville though

Steves68Nova

Ok. They made it 65.84% of the way to Russellville if they made it to Altus.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

HF .  On the bracket it has the games starting at 11AM Saturday if you want to revise your schedule up top.
Go Mustangs!!  12:30 Saturday

HorseFeathers

Yeah i'll fix it tonight when i get home . . . . My phone is ancient and impossible to do things from. Thanks for pointing that out.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

No problem !!   Just didn't want any confusion with all these changes. 

HorseFeathers

ISU7

Quote from: ak58 on March 04, 2014, 11:48:29 am
does any else think the England girls can cause marmaduke girls some trouble? I think so.
Not at all,  especially. when they forgot you have to win your first game to play again. SMH.

MomaLion

England girls aren't the same team the last few games. I don't know if they peaked too soon or if they just gave up.

BigLion10

Looked like england gave up after last week's loss to Brinkley smh

Steves68Nova

Never mind wrong thread.

Sweet

Brian G

There isn't one known until WED. What we do know is 4A and 7A are Thursday and the rest are FRI/SAT.

Sweet

Quote from: B.G. on March 11, 2014, 04:16:54 pm
There isn't one known until WED. What we do know is 4A and 7A are Thursday and the rest are FRI/SAT.

Thanks

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas