• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs 2014 Season

Started by MSHS FAn, July 27, 2014, 01:13:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think the regular season reacord will be and where will we be in the postseason??

12-0
1 (2.6%)
11-1
0 (0%)
10-2
0 (0%)
9-3
0 (0%)
8-4
2 (5.3%)
7-5
5 (13.2%)
6-6
11 (28.9%)
5-7
4 (10.5%)
4-8
9 (23.7%)
3-9
6 (15.8%)
2-10
3 (7.9%)
1-11
0 (0%)
0-12
0 (0%)
SEC CHAMPIONSHIP?
2 (5.3%)
College Football Playoff?
0 (0%)
College Football Championship Game?
0 (0%)
National Champions
2 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 38

ricepig

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 09, 2014, 03:27:19 pm
Naw theyd be 13th.

Yeah, I think they could beat Vandy most of the time.

cuckoobird

Well, if they were in the league, there would be 15 teams. Vandy 15th and the west last place team 14th

True Fan

No, if they were in the league, then their would have to be another team in the other side for the divisions to equal. Then, it would depend if the other team was very good or not. it would probably be Junction City. They can play with anybody and would probably win the east. But, they would get to run a bus to all of Louisiana. What about classes? Could TB practice more since they don't have classes? Why the L not? Why doesn't the SEC add a north and south division? Or a central? Maybe go the 32 or 64 teams? They could form their own NCAA. Who would run it? 

Apologies to most of y'all. It just gets old reading the stupidest dang what-if's on here. Jeeeeeez

ricepig

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 09, 2014, 04:51:51 pm
Well, if they were in the league, there would be 15 teams. Vandy 15th and the west last place team 14th

Why wouldn't the other non bowl eligible team from the east be 14th? I believe they use all games to decide tie breakers.

Lionheart88

Y'all are nuts.  Even the worst NFL team makes the best college team look sick.

ricepig

Quote from: Lionheart88 on December 09, 2014, 05:25:36 pm
Y'all are nuts.  Even the worst NFL team makes the best college team look sick.

You think??

True Fan

Uncle Ivan

Oakland or Jacksonville would cane whip an Alabama or FSU.

ricepig

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on December 09, 2014, 05:43:47 pm
Oakland or Jacksonville would cane whip an Alabama or FSU.

Well of course, everyone knows that, big difference in talent level.

cuckoobird

Honestly, they should, but, WOULD they win? Imo they play with no passion and that would effect the outcome. Pro football sucks

ricepig

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 10, 2014, 07:31:34 am
Honestly, they should, but, WOULD they win? Imo they play with no passion and that would effect the outcome. Pro football sucks

I enjoy the top games, but those teams with losing records are just going through the motions. The only thing worse is the NBA, and I go to 10+ Grizzly games a year.

bdubyab60

Quote from: ricepig on December 09, 2014, 10:46:14 am
Quote from: Valleysports on December 09, 2014, 10:39:53 am
12 + 1 = 12,  New Core Math TB?

Well, his original post said, if they played again, as in, another game. If he meant had they won the original game, then 11 + 1 = playoffs.
If they had a rematch in a title game. Should have clarified that.

True Fan

Quote from: bdubyab60 on December 10, 2014, 12:04:25 pm
Quote from: ricepig on December 09, 2014, 10:46:14 am
Quote from: Valleysports on December 09, 2014, 10:39:53 am
12 + 1 = 12,  New Core Math TB?

Well, his original post said, if they played again, as in, another game. If he meant had they won the original game, then 11 + 1 = playoffs.
If they had a rematch in a title game. Should have clarified that.

Nah, it was clear to almost everybody. ;)

Lionheart88

VHSCoach2

Moonshiner

Do we have some suspensions for the bowl game?

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Moonshiner on December 16, 2014, 11:44:11 pm

Gaines and...someone else.  A senior.

bleudog

December 17, 2014, 03:37:44 am #2217 Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 03:42:12 am by bleudog

Gaines and Washington:  CLICK HERE

Moonshiner

Quote from: bleudog on December 17, 2014, 03:37:44 am

Gaines and Washington:  CLICK HERE

At what point do these young men realize this coach means business

MSHS FAn

I had a chance to meet Brandon Allen, Sebastian Tretola, Chris Jones, Duwop Mithcell, Alex Voelzke, AJ Derby, Tevin Mitchell, Drew Morgan, and some of the other players last night. They are real cool, laid back, and they seem to be very ready for tonight's game.

bleudog

Lions84

7-6 And Houston Bowl Champions.

ricepig

WPWells

Quote from: cuckoobird on July 28, 2014, 03:37:24 pm
Now see, i believe the exact opposite. Anyone who thinks 7-5 is living in la la land. I would guess it will be closer to a 4 win season but if we were playing the price is right, i win.

Good call

WPWells

Quote from: 5Greenjellybeans on August 05, 2014, 10:03:40 pm
This is the same coach that could not surpass john l smiths 4-8 high bar...2 wins...maybe 3.  You can not just load up with running backs and hope for 3 yards. And the best QB is gonna be on the bench because BB has this seniority complex about players...hogs are In BIG trouble

Good call

WPWells

Quote from: 5Greenjellybeans on August 06, 2014, 12:42:20 pm
Would you guys listen to yourselves...you are all in denial.  If u think for one minute that just because a coach is screwing around that he needs to be fired then you really need a reality check.  You do know that stuff like this is happening all over the....well, world.  You think that bobby was the first coach to mess around at the u of a?  And the whole give him another year thing worked out well Houston didn't it? Let's just hope we can get to 3 wins this year...if we do them I'll retract and say I was wrong but I have a feeling I'm not. And as far as your little comment about going across state...it was mostly work related but we chose GW over a lot of schools because my son is good and deserves a chance to play d1 football. Even though that has absolutely nothing to do with the conversation...it had to do with a poll and if anyone says anything other than the hogs go undefeated then that means you're an idiot and deserves to be exiled...

Haven't seen you retract your words yet

cuckoobird

May 07, 2015, 05:29:44 am #2226 Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 05:35:55 am by cuckoobird
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on May 06, 2015, 10:42:10 pm
Now see, i believe the exact opposite. Anyone who thinks 7-5 is living in la la land. I would guess it will be closer to a 4 win season but if we were playing the price is right, i win.

Good call
6-6 was regular season record, I didn't see a 7-6 in the poll did you? So, unless you voted 6-6, you're just as wrong as anyone else

WPWells

Quote from: cuckoobird on May 07, 2015, 05:29:44 am

Good call
6-6 was regular season record, I didn't see a 7-6 in the poll did you? So, unless you voted 6-6, you're just as wrong as anyone else

The poll asked what our regular season record would be. I said 7-5 and you said 2-10 but then said you thought it would be closer to a 4-win season. Guess what, 6 is closer to 7 than 4, so I wasn't as wrong as anybody. Takes a man to admit when he's wrong

Hootie

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on May 07, 2015, 06:14:43 am
The poll asked what our regular season record would be. I said 7-5 and you said 2-10 but then said you thought it would be closer to a 4-win season. Guess what, 6 is closer to 7 than 4, so I wasn't as wrong as anybody. Takes a man to admit when he's wrong

IDK what math you're smoking but 4 is closer to 6 than 7.

FWIW I beat you both.

beach bum

When did a 6-6 regular season become exciting? Our non conference schedule was terrible. Texas Tech wasn't even a quality win. The only conference wins they had were against Iowa State and Kansas. Going 6-6 is not like going 8-8 in the NFL. I will never take .500 teams seriously in college.

DerekOxford

Quote from: beach bum on May 08, 2015, 04:16:39 pm
When did a 6-6 regular season become exciting? Our non conference schedule was terrible. Texas Tech wasn't even a quality win. The only conference wins they had were against Iowa State and Kansas. Going 6-6 is not like going 8-8 in the NFL. I will never take .500 teams seriously in college.

It sort of becomes exciting after going 7-17 the previous two years, including the worst record since 1942 the year preceding.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: DerekOxford on May 08, 2015, 04:27:27 pm

In case you missed it, Arkansas was actually competitive in the sec this year... You can be hacked off about going 6-6 ,but why do the "realist" fans feel the need to try to take a dump in the punch bowl of all the excited fans? I means seriously I get so sick of the so called realist fans being hacked off about the excitement that's tarting to come back to the program....

It sort of becomes exciting after going 7-17 the previous two years, including the worst record since 1942 the year preceding.

WPWells

Quote from: Hootie on May 08, 2015, 03:57:23 pm

FWIW I beat you both.

Reading comprehension is key. Go look again at who picked what

AirWarren

6-6 became exciting when we hire john L smith as coach, we get embarrassed under him and we then proceed with a 3 win season. Then the next year we follow that up with a bowl win over Texas. Not to mention obliterating Lsuck and ole pee in the same year.

Yeah. That's reason to be excited. But I want more wins.

cuckoobird

May 09, 2015, 05:44:59 am #2234 Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 05:52:47 am by cuckoobird
Quote from: cuckoobird on May 07, 2015, 05:29:44 am

Good call

I was wrong, you were wrong, wrong is wrong. I see you're a moral victory kinda guy, now go have your juice box and orange wedge while you gaze at all your participation trophies

WPWells

Nope. You said it would be closer to a 4 win season than 7-5. I'm not into moral victories, but I'm obviously not in la la land like some people who just sit around and bash the Hogs

Valleysports

Quote from: AirWarren on May 08, 2015, 08:11:32 pm

6-6 became exciting when we hire john L smith as coach, we get embarrassed under him and we then proceed with a 3 win season. Then the next year we follow that up with a bowl win over Texas. Not to mention obliterating Lsuck and ole pee in the same year.

I was just following along until you posted this and got me thinking AW.  :)  Of course Hog Fans have a lot to be excited about, it was like a turnaround season.  However did the Hogs only win 2 (two) conference games?  Two conference games and go to a bowl?  You know I think preconference should be considered preseason - BAM (shut down football program after playing UAF), N Illinois, Nicholls St (c'mon).  UAF got to a bowl game because of ranking, which was deserved, it just sounds less impressive when you say they actually only won 2 real games.  If a couple of those preseason games had of been more legit, instead of 70-0 exercises, it might've helped them earlier in conference.  Seemed like the Hogs got better, with each conference game.

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on May 09, 2015, 07:29:18 am
Quote from: AirWarren on May 08, 2015, 08:11:32 pm

I was just following along until you posted this and got me thinking AW.  :)  Of course Hog Fans have a lot to be excited about, it was like a turnaround season.  However did the Hogs only win 2 (two) conference games?  Two conference games and go to a bowl?  You know I think preconference should be considered preseason - BAM (shut down football program after playing UAF), N Illinois, Nicholls St (c'mon).  UAF got to a bowl game because of ranking, which was deserved, it just sounds less impressive when you say they actually only won 2 real games.  If a couple of those preseason games had of been more legit, instead of 70-0 exercises, it might've helped them earlier in conference.  Seemed like the Hogs got better, with each conference game.

We played in a bowl because we won the minimum games, as established by the NCAA, there was no rankings involved. As far as the Tech game, you never know how good a team will be when you schedule them 7-8 years in advance. I'm sure the TCU and Michigan series looked easier a few years ago, I suspect Harbaugh will have Michigan rolling by the time we play them in 2018.

AirWarren

Valley, I agree. But I'm finding some positives within all the negatives.

Valleysports

Quote from: AirWarren on May 09, 2015, 08:10:38 am
Valley, I agree. But I'm finding some positives within all the negatives.

Hey I don't see much of anything but positives with the Hogs right now.  Other than not being able to recruit 3 deep in every position.  Which I still think puts a ceiling on Bielima's Old School Football in the SEC.  Then again Arkansas nearly beat Alabama - I'm curious to see what happens in the next couple years.  I see the Hogs as a team fighting against the odds - would be happy, for the Hog Nation, if y'all won the Conference.

AirWarren

He is building the right way. Strong defense and solid lines.

cuckoobird

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on May 09, 2015, 06:32:44 am
Nope. You said it would be closer to a 4 win season than 7-5. I'm not into moral victories, but I'm obviously not in la la land like some people who just sit around and bash the Hogs
How about this, when guessing a number between 1 and 10, what is the next phrase of the sentence? Plus, I noticed you didn't say you were wrong, so who has a problem with it, me or you?

Hootie

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on May 08, 2015, 06:46:13 pm
Quote from: Hootie on May 08, 2015, 03:57:23 pm

FWIW I beat you both.

Reading comprehension is key. Go look again at who picked what

Some fish really do just jump in the boat.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas