• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2a-4 west district tournament @ Mountainburg

Started by bulldog_alumni40, February 09, 2013, 09:55:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldog_alumni40

Nicsma

Does anyone have the bracket for the 4 West District Tournament?

Rick Perry

groundgame

Boys 1 Decatur,2 Magazine ,3 Westside, 4 Hackett

5  E. Springs play 8 Hartford at 530 today ,6 Mt. burg plays 7 Union at 830

Rick Perry

AB™

Winners from tonight...

Girls
Union beat Hartford
Eureka beat Decatur

Boys
Eureka beat Hartford
Mountainburg beat Union

Eureka will play Hackett tomorrow.  Hackett swept the season series.  Mountainburg will play Westside and the two teams split the season series.  The winner of the Eureka/Hackett game will play Dectur in the semi-finals, and the winner of the Westside/Mountainburg game will play Magazine in the semi-finals.  I have no idea how the girls bracket is set-up, sorry.

Rick Perry

groundgame

MHSDragons

AB™

Yeah, Mountainburg was playing a box and one and were allowing too much penetration and giving up too many offensive rebounds.   They were actually down 2 at halftime.   Went back to their regular 1-1-3 zone and they pulled away in the second half. 

MHSDragons

Hackett girls defeated Eureka Springs big. Union Christian girls defeated Johnson County Westside 59-52.
Hackett boys defeat Eureka Springs big.  Mountainburg boys won 64-54 over Johnson County Westside.

AB™

Hackett must be a bad match for Eureka.  They went 3-0 against them this year.  Mountainburg split with Hackett (although one of those losses came in November when they didn't have a player or two; but they beat them handily at Mountainburg.  Eureka swept Mountainburg, though. 

Semi-finals setup like this I believe:

Boys
1 Decatur vs. 3 Hackett
2 Magazine vs. 6 Mountainburg

Girls
1 Mountainburg vs. Union
2 Magazine vs. 3 Hackett

Not sure what place Union's girls finished in the regular season.  I"m guessing 4th or 5th.  Not real surprised Mountainburg made it to the semi-finals despite a 6th place regular season finish.  Hackett, Eureka, Mountainburg, and Magazine were all very even in my opinion.  Just one of those years where any of the top 5-6 in the conference could beat each other on any given night.  Not to mention Mountainburg has homecourt advantage.  The last couple of years there was a clear cut top four in Mountainburg, Eureka, County Line, and Hartford. 

groundgame

MHSDragons

MHSDragons

AB™

Quote from: groundgame on February 13, 2013, 10:37:32 am
Hackett is the 4th seed
Thank you.  I just took a stab in the dark.  Who finished 3rd in the regular season?

MHSDragons

I believe Johnson County Westside on the boys side.

groundgame

Westside was the 3 seed .They kick there big post kid off and lost there leading scorer to ankle injuries.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: groundgame on February 14, 2013, 01:03:34 pm
Westside was the 3 seed .They kick there big post kid off and lost there leading scorer to ankle injuries.

Was he kicked off after the Magazine game?

AB™

Quote from: groundgame on February 14, 2013, 01:03:34 pm
I'm pretty sure their leading scorer played against Moutainburg on Tuesday night.  But he got hurt again sometime time in the second half and didn't play the rest of the game.

groundgame

AB™

February 14, 2013, 03:59:42 pm #21 Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 04:01:44 pm by AB™
Quote from: groundgame on February 14, 2013, 03:43:04 pm
YES with a 3pt lead when it happened!!!!!
Meh...Mountainburg ended up winning by 10.  Not saying had he not gotten hurt Mountainburg would've won, but it's still not a guarantee Westside would've won.  If Westside had been up by 10-15 points and cruising, maybe, but it was a one possession game and a game that had been close up until he got hurt.  Not to mention Mountainburg beat them at home earlier in the season, so they had shown they were capable of beating Westside when healthy.

It is unfortunate, though.  I hate to see kids get hurt at anytime, but it's even worse during postseason play.

MHSDragons

Mountainburg girls defeat Union Christian 69-30.
Hackett boys upset Decatur 32-29.

MHSDragons

MHSDragons

AB™

Congrats to Magazine.  Their boys have I think pretty clearly been the second best team in the conference the last couple of weeks and, after Decatur's loss tonight, I guess you could say they're clearly the best team right now.  Or, at lest they're playing the best basketball at the right time.

Rick Perry

Girls finals

Mountainburg plays Magazine Saturday at 7.

Boys finals

Hackett plays Magazine Saturday at 8:30.

MHSDragons

Hackett girls win the third place game over Union Christian 55-40.

AB™

Decatur boys won the 3rd place game by about 20.

AB™

Mountainburg girls beat Magazine by about 20 in the finals.  I left a little early and Mountainburg had a 20 point lead with about 45 seconds to go.

Cheek

Quote from: AB™ on February 16, 2013, 08:17:48 pm
Mountainburg girls beat Magazine by about 20 in the finals.  I left a little early and Mountainburg had a 20 point lead with about 45 seconds to go.

It is about time for Mountainburg to hit their stride.   I had them picked to win it all at the start of the season, and still think they are the team to beat.

AB™

February 16, 2013, 08:52:12 pm #32 Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 09:06:50 pm by AB™
Quote from: Cheek on February 16, 2013, 08:20:31 pm
Quote from: AB™ on February 16, 2013, 08:17:48 pm

It is about time for Mountainburg to hit their stride.   I had them picked to win it all at the start of the season, and still think they are the team to beat.
Yeah, they looked real good tonight.  If they don't get in too mch foul trouble and shoot the three ball like they're capable, they've got as good of a chance as anyone.  It helped getting to play in front of the home crowd, but this was by far their most comfortable victory against a really good Magazine team in four tries.  They threw a box-and-one at Magazine's best player for the first time this year, and it worked.  Both teams started off on fire.  One of Magazine's other players hit a three on their first possession and I think as a team they started off 4/5 or 3/4 from the floor with a couple of threes.  Mountainburg had three different girls hit a three and they started of 4/4 from the floor, and it was 11-9 just a few minutes into the game.  Then Mountainburg's press and box-and-one started getting to them and the forced some turnovers.  I'm sure Magazine will be better prepared for the box-and-one if they play each other again in the regional finals.

AB™

February 16, 2013, 10:37:55 pm #33 Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 10:52:04 pm by AB™
Magazine boys beat Hackett by 2 in the finals.  Magazine actually jumped on Hackett something like 18-2, but Hackett got back in the game and had a chance to win in the final seconds.

Seeding for the regional tournament will be like this from the west:

Girls
1 Mountainburg
2 Magazine
3 Hackett
4 Union Christian

Boys
1 Magazine
2 Hackett
3 Decatur
4 Mountainburg

Nicsma

I thought that UCA girls beat JC Westside and in doing so earned their spot in the Regional tournament while knocking out JC Westside?

AB™

Quote from: Nicsma on February 16, 2013, 10:42:17 pm
I thought that UCA girls beat JC Westside and in doing so earned their spot in the Regional tournament while knocking out JC Westside?
You're right.  Typo on my part.  I should've just checked my post from a few days ago. 

curiousgeorge

Why did this conference have consolation games? 

AB™

Quote from: curiousgeorge on February 16, 2013, 11:18:36 pm
Why did this conference have consolation games? 
Don't know?  They always have and I just thought it was normal.

curiousgeorge

bfp

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas